The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

A neat, chill hostel. Supremely clean with very helpful friendly staff. Bit pricey, and the rooms have absolutely no ventilation, which means that those mixed dorms get pretty rank very quickly. Also a bit lacking in the number of toilets and showers available.

This has been the best hostel I have ever been to. What I enjoy most is the free talk with friends from different countries. The atmosphere of open-minded and warm talk is not as easily found in other cities. the location is close to the most worthy place to see in Philadelphia, it is also very safe and clean. By the way, the staff here is very nice and warm-hearted. Personally, Philadelphia is my favorite city in the northeast, and my happy experience in this hostel is part of the reason.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • China

What an experience! From the warm welcome to the great night out and the games we played (Cards Against Humanity!), I had such a blast! The place is really good located, clean and really cosy. It's a really small place, so it quickly feels like a family. The hostel really made my Philadelphia trip stand out. My only regret is not staying there longer so I could beat a certain staffmember on Xbox ;-) Thanks to all the staff, hope to see you again in the (near) future!

• 2nd Jun 2014

Brilliant stay at the Philadelphia house - couldn't have asked for better, staff were very friendly and always willing to help. The hostel and very clean and tidy. Also only a short walk to any of the sights, well worth a stop off on your way through to DC.

Great staff, made me feel very welcome, They helped me with touristic locations, info on how to get to the airport and which bars to go to. The hostel is very clean and organized, complete with a kitchen full of appliances.

This place is great. It's small, comfortable, in perfect location. We had a lot of fun.

This is a great place to stay in Philadelphia! The rooms are clean and nice, the staff is always helpful and pleasant. Frome the hostel, you can easily reach a lot of attraction, such as South street or the Independece Hall.

• 29th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice and cosy hostel. Unlike other big international hostels, this one is smaller, nicer, more friendly. It is like sleeping at a friend's house.

• 28th May 2014

You run a fantastic facility; keep up the good work. Extremely clean, very friendly staff, a great common room set-up which allows strangers to comfortably chill, and a location with a lot of public transit options made The Philadelphia House one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.

• 28th May 2014

Great hostel, really enjoyed my stay, the staff there were really helpful, had alot of fun. Wouldn't stay anywhere else is philadelphia now.

Great hostel! The staff are absolutely brilliant!! Really clean! Would reccomend staying here for sure!!

I took a bus from a conference in Boston to check out Philly, a city I'd never been to before, and the Hostel was perfect. Great staff with excellent customer service, and just good people as they organized nice group activities. The weekend pub crawl was perfect. Loved it!

• 24th May 2014

The hostel is really clean, safe and has a good atmosphere! Good location and staff were lovely and helpful. Highly recommend and I would definitely stay here again.

Best hostel I have been to.. Right next to DownTown/Old City. Excellent staff service, Perfect Location.. In short best value for money

Great place, very laid back, friendly atmosphere, clean enough facilities, spacious kitchen with big fridge for all to use and free coffee and tea all day. It was close enough to the center so that I simply walked everywhere, didn't take a single bus. Would definitely recommend this place!

We had a great stay. It is one of the best hostels we ever stayed at. Staff was friendly, great location and great facilities. I would definitely recommend it.

• 20th May 2014

A really great hostel with amazing and welcoming staff who work there. It feels like living at home, we easily made friends with all the staff and other people at the hostel. The staff also took us out during their down time to show us their favourite local places and sights. We loved it.

Staff very helping and welcoming. The hostel is well located (actually Philadelphia is not such a big city too...).

Overall, our stay at the Philadelphia House was nice -- the hostel is well located and it had a laid-back atmosphere. That being said, there were a few things the staff could take more care of: the ceiling in our dorm as well as in the bathrooms had holes in it because the AC system had recently been renovated, and there didn't seem to be enough restrooms for the amount of guests, at least on the first floor (one of the toilets there was also clogged).

• 18th May 2014

The staff are superb and work together as a team. There is a keen sense of them wanting guests to get the most they can from their stay in Philadelphia. The hostel was clean and tidy. It has a warm, friendly atmosphere. It was a pleasure to stay there.

View all Philadelphia Hostels