The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

Great Hostel! Staff were great! very fun environment, I only stayed for 1 night but i wish i stayed longer just to stay at the hostel longer!

Awesome hostel. Great staff, great beds and everything you want in a Hostel. Live the Dream people

Great experience. If i go to Philly again i will host in the Philadelphia House. They were so so nice with us. The place and facilities were alzó exclelent. Thank you guys

Brilliant hostel. Super friendly staff who really make an effort to help you out. Thanks.

I want to be there and see u again!

Great hostel :D They really make you feel at home and make sure you have fun! The common room is great, dorms are fine, enough showers for everyone and always (fresh) coffee available. The only thing that could be improved are the very low shower heads...

This hostel is a very good choice when visiting Philadelphia. It has a good atmosphere and the staff is really friendly. The location of the hostel is also great. It is within a walking distance from the historical district. I enjoyed my stay and would go there again.

Everything was perfect. Staff helpful and friendly. Good location. Very Clean. I felt right at home.

This hostel is awesome!! Its close to all main attractions, the staff is so kind and cheerful (specially Joanne, she loves to talk and has too much energy!!) that i felt at home during all my stay. The rooms are really big, but the lockers are located outside the room in the reception (maybe you guys should put lockers in each room) Thank you so much guys!

Excellent. Very friendly staff. I would recommend the hostel for sure.

Best hostel I've ever been. I went to Philly on July 4th, and staff took all of us to the big parade and free concert, they even treated us with hot dog party. I had so much fun in here. I love Philadelphia and this hostel!!!

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • China

It is a very homely place. The hosts were very friendly and more than just hosting. They go out of the way to guide and advise us on anything we need to know about the new surroundings and tourist attractions. Their personal touch goes a long way.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Singapore

Great place to spend 4th July. Small hostel where everyone can make friends in the common area. Our dorm was right next to this area - if you want to go to sleep before the others I'd imagine it'd be a bit noisy but they do have quiet hours, 24 hour staff and solid wifi. Bed a little squeaky but overall a true hostel - friendly, relaxed and in a very central location.

Small hostel, and you'd miss it on the street if you weren't looking for it. No complaints, friendly staff organise group outings and activities. Bring your own lock for the lockers.

Superb!! Excellent friendly staff who clearly have a passion they are willing to share about Philly. Comfortable, homely. You will meet a family here everyone is so welcoming and wants to genuinely know you. I wish I had more time here but it was fully booked. Don't underestimate The Philadelphia house or Philadelphia!! I certainly did not have enough time there with only 2 nights :( my intention is to return with less time pressure. Loved it all!!! And clean with a comfy sofa to boot xx

Absolutely great!!! Safe, clean, great atmosphere, walkable distance from all you will want to see and an awesome staff who does everything to make u feel home.! They will welcome you with a happy smile and tell all the goodies in the city! From museums to pizza! They will take u to parties and everyday they update a board that they have with good things happening around the city! If you want a great place to stay while in Philly this is definitely THE BEST you could choose! :)

Great intimate atmosphere, nice friendly staff who give us travellers a nice personal experience of the city.

• 30th Jun 2014

If you are looking for a real hostel experience - go to this place! The staff is super friendly, entertaining and always takes care of you. Great atmosphere, modern decoration and a well equipped common area. I would always come back to this hostel. Had a blast there :)

Love the location and the friendly staff. The staff helped me with the local sight seeing. Thanks to them, I got to see the wanamaker organ. Like the kitchen as well!!

Super friendly staff! The hostel is close to all main attraction and to bus/metro stops. I will came back to meet them!

• 28th Jun 2014