The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

Did not expect the reception that I received. I was very pleased with the staff. The facility was adequate for all of my needs. There location within the city is very ideal for any traveler. I highly recommend and will most definitely pay them a visit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice place, great staff, the atmosphere is cool... we (my friends and me) enjoyed it very much.

One of three three best hostels I've ever been

Best Hostel concerning atmosphere I've ever visited!

Great atmosphere, friendly staff and ideal location. Couldn't ask for much more

• 15th Sep 2014

I was very impressed with the staff at the Philadelphia House. Everyone was incredibly friendly and made me feel at home. The atmosphere is very comfortable and there was always something going on for entertainment.

• 12th Sep 2014

Philadelphia house was definitely a highlight of my trip to Philly. Nicely sized so it still felt personal. Facilities were very clean. Nice common area with people always around if you are looking for something to do. It is also right in the center of it, with any attraction you'd be interested in seeing a short walk/metro ride away. I'll definitely be visiting again the next time I'm in Philly. -Patrick (boston)

• 11th Sep 2014

The most awesome hostel that i've been in US! Incredible and VERY friendly staff! Very clean rooms and common areas. I think it's cleanest than my house. I recommend for everyone!

• 10th Sep 2014

Excelltent hostel and wonderful staff!! Stay here if you visit Philly!

Very cool hostel and really clean, staff are so friendly and helpful too and always have something on to do, enjoyed my time there and will defintely be back again, thanks to all the staff, aidan

• 10th Sep 2014

A very good and clean hostel located in downtown Philadelphia. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They gave us some good insider tips on where to go, what to do and how to get around. Unfortunately, the lockers are not in the rooms and there is no breakfast included. However, the kitchen is big and the whole hostel is very nicely furnished. We had a great time in Philly and we would certainly recommend the hostel!

Fantastic hostel, highly recommended - was sad I could only stay there one night. Immediately greeted by their friendly staff (Austin) who were immensely helpful and invited us to a trivia quiz they were having. It's a small hostel with very few rooms and unisex bathrooms but because of this it had a very homely feel and it was easy to meet people. If you're outgoing and want to meet awesome people I highly recommend this hostel. Location is ridiculously good too.

Great place to stay! Staff are welcoming, good activities and nice place just to chill out.

Great little hostel this defo recommend this hostel! Great security and the staff were amazing and the no shoe policy I think is a great idea because it makes it feel a lot more cosy and roomy but the only down side about the hostel is that half of the people living there are members of staff so there are a lot of Americans instead of meeting other people from all around the world but all in all i had a great time

One of the best hostels I've stayed in across my travels in Europe and North America. It felt like I was staying at a friends house, because everything was available for me to use and I was treated so well. Staff were brilliant. Location perfect. Only flaw is lockers (which are not in dorms, but that doesnt bother me) are a bit small. Other than that, I'm tempted to return to the city just for the hostel!

It's a very nice hostal, the staff are friendly, the room is clean and the location is perfect.

Probably the best hostel that we stayed at during our travels of the USA. At Philadelphia house the staff were very helpful and up for a laugh, I highly recommend if the dates you visit coincide with a pub crawl day to definitely participate as it's a great laugh, plus you see the real Philadelphia nightlife! Hostel is very secure as there are lockers for you and cctv, it's very clean and homely, overall I highly recommend this fine hostel!

• 5th Sep 2014

This was my second time at Philadelphia House and it was even better than the first. If you book there and people ask why you're going to Philly you can tell them you're there to see friends; and you'll be right, even if you don't know it yet. Friday night pub crawl is not to be missed - go have a Citywide with cool folks from all over the globe. Danny, Joanne, Rosanna, Austin, Alysha, Ramon, Teron, and the girl with the long-distance boyfriend who made toast on the late shift - Miss you already

This is without doubt the best hostel I've stayed at in the US. Why? Cause it's not a HI hostel. This place actually makes you feel part of the community. Staff are top notch. Very helpful and very friendly. Hostels a great place to start your adventure in Philly or to just take it easy and chill. Philly was one of the highlights of my trip and this hostel helped make it. If I ever find myself in that part of the country I will definitely stay here again!

Small hostel, but it is clean and the staff is very friendly. Good location. It may be difficult to locate the first time since there is no sign outside the building.

View all Philadelphia Hostels