The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

You really can't say enough or rate this hostle for what it truly deserves. From the moment you arrive you are greeted by friends. The housekeeping is far above par and every single member of the staff is genuinely there to see to every need a traveler may have. The daily activities seemed to be not just a job but something everyone enjoyed. The day I arrived the manager Danny went out to buy me an ice tea; a gesture that was appreciated. I recommend this place to everyone! Thanks a lot!

• 29th Jan 2014

This is an amazing place that not only offers services and fun activities that most hostels don't, but also fosters instant camaraderie between all guests and staff. It's a great place for people who haven't stayed in hostels before to be introduced to the best of what a hostel stay can contribute to a travel experience. The only thing I'd suggest to new guests is to make sure to ask how to get warm water in the showers; it's hard to figure out by yourself.

• 25th Jan 2014

Staff very friendly and fun atmosphere. Definitely enjoyed the stay.

• 24th Jan 2014

Fantastic! The staff make you feel like family. I had a wonderful stay and highly recommend it.

• 24th Jan 2014

Very friendly staff, good common areas, good kitchen.

Great hostel in an amazing location. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a nice place to hang out at while we were snowed in!

Okay so I rarely leave any comment in the page. I am not a social person. I have stayed at about 20 hostels in my life and I never joined any events organized by the hostel. But somehow I really wanted to join their pub crawl and I joined! The hostel is a small "family house" and thus most of the travelers there are like in a whole family. The staffs are nice and funny.

Cool vibe at this place and über-friendly, helpful staff.

The Philadelphia House is a great hostel, housing roughly 20 to 30 people by a friendly and attentive staff of 4 who will attend the desk and your needs 24/7. The atmosphere is cozy and informal, allowing you to keep to yourself or engage with others when you feel like it. The facilities, such as kitchen, shower and bathroom are adequate and well maintained and kitchen has many appliances. Coffee and tea is on the house, so you're never out of a beverage. Would certainly visit again!

Really nice staff, very helpful! Very clean and in the middle of Philadelphia. Definitely worth a stay!

• 11th Jan 2014

The owner of this hostel should be so greatful that they have such dedicated and compassionate staff members in Cassie, Caroline, Bill, Stirling and Angel. My stay in philly would not have been half as enjoyable without these individuals. A little bit of constructive criticism though, it was unprofessional to run a staff meeting within ears reach of a guests room - I heard everything. Other than that I strongly recommend this hostel when visiting Philly!

• 11th Jan 2014
  • gozolins

At the beginning it shocked us a little bit that we had to take our shoes off on arrival but eventually got used to it. Do take a pair of slippers if that bothers you. We had to wait quite a while to get a room. We arrived earlier than check in time but received our beds later. All in all it was a good hostel, a few steps away from most attractions. The best thing it has is the staff: we were lucky enough to participate at a common dinner cooked by one of them. It was a great meal, Bill!

No words to describe this but I truly love this hostel. I love how convenient it was nearby the historic sites and how walkable this neighborhoods was. This hostels has everything that makes it successful because the staff are amazing and I love how helpful they were when I needed information about the city. It has a homey feeling and it is quite small but I love how clean it is and I enjoy the cooked dinner made by Bill. I enjoy the outings and I recommend this hostel to anybody.

Amazing! It's located in the Old City so it's nice and there's lots to do! There's a coded lock on the door and camera's in the hall ways so it feels very secure. All the staff are extremely helpful and fun. The hostel has a notice board that's updated everyday (Flawlessly by Valerie) and lists the nightly activities that the hostel has such as pub & food nights etc. This is definitely the best hostel I have stayed in and I will definitely go back again.I miss it already. Thank you so much!

My first experience of a hostel in the United States and it was a fantastic place. Great and friendly staff, very well kept and in a great location.

It was good and all the staff was nice.

In 14 years of hostelling, I have never met a team that made me feel so welcomed and appreciated. You come as a stranger and you leave as a friend. The Philadelphia House - to me - is an example par excellence that a hostel is not only a place to crash for a night or two, but a home for the duration of the visit. I have already recommended the Philadelphia House to a few of my friends. Many thanks to the whole Philadelphia House team for your hospitality! I am very glad to have met you guys!

• 2nd Jan 2014

pretty good

• 30th Dec 2013

When we arrived we were received with a hot cup of coffee, the manager herself told us about all the places we could visit in Philly and we were taken on a Pub crawling one night. It was a really cosy place to stay and I recommend it to anyone blindfoldly. One little thing, they don't take Amex.

It is a very nice place to relax, meet people, hanging arround with them. The staffs are really friendly and they allways take care about the cleanliness in the house. Additionally the location is perfect to visit the sights of Philadelphia.

View all Philadelphia Hostels