The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

Overall, our stay at the Philadelphia House was nice -- the hostel is well located and it had a laid-back atmosphere. That being said, there were a few things the staff could take more care of: the ceiling in our dorm as well as in the bathrooms had holes in it because the AC system had recently been renovated, and there didn't seem to be enough restrooms for the amount of guests, at least on the first floor (one of the toilets there was also clogged).

• 18th May 2014

The staff are superb and work together as a team. There is a keen sense of them wanting guests to get the most they can from their stay in Philadelphia. The hostel was clean and tidy. It has a warm, friendly atmosphere. It was a pleasure to stay there.

This was our favorite hostel of the trip. We were only there two nights but we left feeling like we were saying goodbye to family. Until next time!

Great hostel! Stayed three times over the course of two weeks. The staff and relaxed attitude is the real strong point, unlike anywhere else I've stayed. Great location, easy walk to the sights and right near the subway station. Netflix on a few rainy days was a real bonus. It can get hot in the dorms, though.

Super friendly staff. This place knows how to party. Really made my Philly experience memorable. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Coming from NYC, it is reinvigorating to realize that good-hearted people still exist in the world. I walked into a space where Valerie's friendliness gave an immediate "you're home" vibe, Sergio went out of his way to share his funloving spirit and the best of Philly, Austin dispensed great honesty and hilarity at 2am, and Danny's energy/spirit was contagious. I was only there one night and can't wait to go back...

• 9th May 2014

A fantastic hostel. One of the best i have ever been to. The staff are very friendly, i hung out with them and other backpackers. The pub crawl was a blast, the place is VERY clean, great common area. I would highly recommend this hostel. There is a sister hostel in Washington DC too if the readers need one. Seriously a great place, thank you for being like a home in Philly to this traveller.

Great staff very helpful, great location, easy walk to bus station and SEPTA. Thanks

• 6th May 2014

Loved the stay here, comfortable, clean, great helpful, knowledgable staff and a great atmosphere. Close to all the sights. A little on the expensive side but arguably worth it!

This is the best, friendliest, most welcoming hostel I've ever stayed in. I feel like I need to re-do every other hostel review I've done in the last 10 years, and downgrade everyone else. This one raised the bar. The only possible improvement would be full bag-sized lockers. (There are smaller lockers for valuables, so it's still good enough.)

Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Thank you for this great stay in Philly !

Awesome hostel! I have stayed in many and this was one of my favorites! The staff was awesome and you can't beat the location. Highly recommend!

• 28th Apr 2014

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed! Amazing! I love all the staff there!

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Great hostel, had a blast! All up top staff, atmosphere and general all around good people.

I really enjoyed my 5 days at the Philadelphia House!

• 26th Apr 2014

Very friendly staff and fellow lodgers! Enjoyable companionship. Very clean. Respect for quiet at curfew. A real home away from home. Beautiful and central location. Upper bunks and washrooms might benefit from a small ledge or pouch to place belongings briefly.

• 26th Apr 2014

Very nice place to stay in Philadelphia. Well situated in Old city. Very good staff with warm welcome I would go back there without any hesitation

The staff take effort to engage and connect the guests.

• 25th Apr 2014

I have stayed at this hostel and it's sister hostel in Washington DC, both are fantastic. The staff are always friendly and helpful, the activities put in place are perfectly designed to bring everyone together, and you just get the feeling everyone affiliated with the hostel will go that extra bit to make your stay more enjoyable.

Excellent! Perfect location, very welcoming and friendly staff, clean environment. I will definitely stay at this hostel whenever I visit Philly. Thanks to all the staff of The Philadelphia House and Austin in particular for his great company!

View all Philadelphia Hostels