The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

Didnt expect much from Philly as a whole, I was wrong. Amazing city and staying here only made it better. Staff are great, by the end of our stay they werent staff they were friends. Sure to come back to Philly and sure to come back to this hostel. My new home in Philadelphia. Love you guys.

A great little hidden gem of Philadelphia. Very lovely staff big shout out to Valerie excellent service :) you were made to feel very welcome and it had a very relaxed and homely atmosphere.the quiet hours after 10 means you know you can get a good sleep. Very clean and comfortable. Would stay there again :)

The cleanest and most comfy hostel I've ever been to! Nice staff and great people.

• 24th Dec 2013

The information the staff provided is very useful and it really feels like home. The common area is a little bit small, and the location is remote. But everything else is perfect.

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • China

I was impressed by the staff and the security of "The Philadelphia House". I would go back in a heartbeat!

• 22nd Dec 2013

The Staff was so nice and welcoming and we felt so good there. The best stay ever. We are already planing auer next weekend trip there. Thank you for a awesome weekend and a great Time - we made lots of new frinds. :=)

Amazing staff and atmosphere, there's always a pub crawl, game night or something else going on and coffee is for free ;) definitely a great place to stay!

This youth hostel was awesome! The staffs of this youth hostel were very friendly and generous. Also, other hostellers were so nice. It was located in very convenient area in Philadelphia. Besides, both of the inside and outside of the building were very clean. So, I recommend this youth hostel absolutely.

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Japan

It is a small Hostel with very friendly staff in a great and safe area of Philadelphia. Price is also good by US standards. Has surveillance cameras, no shoes-policy. No alcohol allowed after 10pm. Very knowledgeable about what to do in Philly. Apparently all former guests receive an email asking to give them a 100% rating.

The best hostel ever. The best group of staff you could wish for and by far the cleanes hostel ever. It is also in a fab location. If you stay in Philly, do yourself a favour and book here. Whether you are a group or by yourself, you will be made to feel welcome. It is such a fun and laidback place. Did I mention how great the staff are?

Best hostel in america. Deff recommend staying here. Free breakfast would be nice and rooms get crazy hot at night. The staff are amazing.

• 16th Dec 2013

I've stayed at a lot of hostels and this was probably one of the best I've stayed in. The hostel is a perfect size, the beds are comfy, the facilities are great, the staff are awesome. Meet a bunch of great people, had a great time.

• 16th Dec 2013

The best hostel I have stayed at. The staff are extremely warm and generous, which helps create a homely atmosphere. I highly recommend The Philadelphia House to any prospective traveller. Marcus

• 15th Dec 2013

A good place to stay in Philadelphia

• 14th Dec 2013

The reception and hospitality were great. I've received an excellent advise of places to visit and times to go. The security offered inside the hostel is awesome, and the atmosphere is really welcoming to know other people. I'd definitely recommend this hostel.

• 14th Dec 2013

Über friendly staff. Very nice common room, clean hostel, Close to liberty bell Etc. Definetly recommended! Thx guys for the pleasant stay! Holgi

I love the way the Philadelphia house team makes me feel so welcome every time I still there. They try their best to provide me with anything I might need, from info about the city, to goats for my voodoo ceremonies (just kidding). Thanks Philly House for all your hard work.

• 12th Dec 2013

It is a "NO SHOES" hostel, which means you'll be barefoot on dirty and cold floors. If that is not enough to convince you NOT to go, also consider: -There is not a single decent table to sit, not even in the kitchen, only a small strip of wood next to the common area, impossible to use when everyone is sitting there. -Dorms are always open, so securitiy is minimum, only one general light for all the room and all closed and not ventilated. -Bathroom with one filthy towel.

The best hostel I ever stayed in. I was treated like family the second I came in--those people are just awesome!! Hoping to be able to visit them again some day.

This is hands down the best hostel i've ever stayed at. The wonderful staff and shoes-free policy give it a homely vibe and the central and comfortable common room makes it easy to meet and connect with fellow travellers. They have at least one event each day and they're always great, the walking tours are super informative and the pub crawls are a lot of fun! On top of this the hostel is the impeccably clean and the staff are knowledgeable about the city and were eager to assist and all times!

• 7th Dec 2013