The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

You run a fantastic facility; keep up the good work. Extremely clean, very friendly staff, a great common room set-up which allows strangers to comfortably chill, and a location with a lot of public transit options made The Philadelphia House one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.

• 28th May 2014

Great hostel, really enjoyed my stay, the staff there were really helpful, had alot of fun. Wouldn't stay anywhere else is philadelphia now.

Great hostel! The staff are absolutely brilliant!! Really clean! Would reccomend staying here for sure!!

I took a bus from a conference in Boston to check out Philly, a city I'd never been to before, and the Hostel was perfect. Great staff with excellent customer service, and just good people as they organized nice group activities. The weekend pub crawl was perfect. Loved it!

• 24th May 2014

The hostel is really clean, safe and has a good atmosphere! Good location and staff were lovely and helpful. Highly recommend and I would definitely stay here again.

Best hostel I have been to.. Right next to DownTown/Old City. Excellent staff service, Perfect Location.. In short best value for money

Great place, very laid back, friendly atmosphere, clean enough facilities, spacious kitchen with big fridge for all to use and free coffee and tea all day. It was close enough to the center so that I simply walked everywhere, didn't take a single bus. Would definitely recommend this place!

We had a great stay. It is one of the best hostels we ever stayed at. Staff was friendly, great location and great facilities. I would definitely recommend it.

• 20th May 2014

A really great hostel with amazing and welcoming staff who work there. It feels like living at home, we easily made friends with all the staff and other people at the hostel. The staff also took us out during their down time to show us their favourite local places and sights. We loved it.

Staff very helping and welcoming. The hostel is well located (actually Philadelphia is not such a big city too...).

Overall, our stay at the Philadelphia House was nice -- the hostel is well located and it had a laid-back atmosphere. That being said, there were a few things the staff could take more care of: the ceiling in our dorm as well as in the bathrooms had holes in it because the AC system had recently been renovated, and there didn't seem to be enough restrooms for the amount of guests, at least on the first floor (one of the toilets there was also clogged).

• 18th May 2014

The staff are superb and work together as a team. There is a keen sense of them wanting guests to get the most they can from their stay in Philadelphia. The hostel was clean and tidy. It has a warm, friendly atmosphere. It was a pleasure to stay there.

This was our favorite hostel of the trip. We were only there two nights but we left feeling like we were saying goodbye to family. Until next time!

Great hostel! Stayed three times over the course of two weeks. The staff and relaxed attitude is the real strong point, unlike anywhere else I've stayed. Great location, easy walk to the sights and right near the subway station. Netflix on a few rainy days was a real bonus. It can get hot in the dorms, though.

Super friendly staff. This place knows how to party. Really made my Philly experience memorable. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Coming from NYC, it is reinvigorating to realize that good-hearted people still exist in the world. I walked into a space where Valerie's friendliness gave an immediate "you're home" vibe, Sergio went out of his way to share his funloving spirit and the best of Philly, Austin dispensed great honesty and hilarity at 2am, and Danny's energy/spirit was contagious. I was only there one night and can't wait to go back...

• 9th May 2014

A fantastic hostel. One of the best i have ever been to. The staff are very friendly, i hung out with them and other backpackers. The pub crawl was a blast, the place is VERY clean, great common area. I would highly recommend this hostel. There is a sister hostel in Washington DC too if the readers need one. Seriously a great place, thank you for being like a home in Philly to this traveller.

Great staff very helpful, great location, easy walk to bus station and SEPTA. Thanks

• 6th May 2014

Loved the stay here, comfortable, clean, great helpful, knowledgable staff and a great atmosphere. Close to all the sights. A little on the expensive side but arguably worth it!

This is the best, friendliest, most welcoming hostel I've ever stayed in. I feel like I need to re-do every other hostel review I've done in the last 10 years, and downgrade everyone else. This one raised the bar. The only possible improvement would be full bag-sized lockers. (There are smaller lockers for valuables, so it's still good enough.)

View all Philadelphia Hostels