The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

A good place to stay in Philadelphia

• 14th Dec 2013

The reception and hospitality were great. I've received an excellent advise of places to visit and times to go. The security offered inside the hostel is awesome, and the atmosphere is really welcoming to know other people. I'd definitely recommend this hostel.

• 14th Dec 2013

Über friendly staff. Very nice common room, clean hostel, Close to liberty bell Etc. Definetly recommended! Thx guys for the pleasant stay! Holgi

I love the way the Philadelphia house team makes me feel so welcome every time I still there. They try their best to provide me with anything I might need, from info about the city, to goats for my voodoo ceremonies (just kidding). Thanks Philly House for all your hard work.

• 12th Dec 2013

It is a "NO SHOES" hostel, which means you'll be barefoot on dirty and cold floors. If that is not enough to convince you NOT to go, also consider: -There is not a single decent table to sit, not even in the kitchen, only a small strip of wood next to the common area, impossible to use when everyone is sitting there. -Dorms are always open, so securitiy is minimum, only one general light for all the room and all closed and not ventilated. -Bathroom with one filthy towel.

The best hostel I ever stayed in. I was treated like family the second I came in--those people are just awesome!! Hoping to be able to visit them again some day.

This is hands down the best hostel i've ever stayed at. The wonderful staff and shoes-free policy give it a homely vibe and the central and comfortable common room makes it easy to meet and connect with fellow travellers. They have at least one event each day and they're always great, the walking tours are super informative and the pub crawls are a lot of fun! On top of this the hostel is the impeccably clean and the staff are knowledgeable about the city and were eager to assist and all times!

• 7th Dec 2013

I really enjoyed Philly and my stay in your hostel. Please give my regards to all the staff. CG

This is, without any doubt, one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Awesome staff! If you're going to Philly, stop looking! There's no better place than this.

I've honestly never experienced such an incredible hostel in my life. The place is refulgent with cleanliness, the staff are incredibly friendly, the activities are varied and well-thought-out, and the atmosphere resembles a friend's place. Not a weird friend, either. It's like staying at the place of someone who makes sure that there's always coffee, something to do and someone to talk to. Accommodating doesn't capture it - they made me feel at home, but a more interesting version of my home.

This was definitely the cleanest hostel I've EVER been in. The staff is motivated and interested in keeping everything in constant tip-top shape and also made me feel very welcome and comfortable. I came into town for an audition, so I was kind of concerned about whether the noise level was going to be too high for me to get a good night's sleep but things were very quiet. People still partied hard, but they went to the bars after 10:00.

The best place to stay in philly. The staff is great, specially Valerie. Hope to stay there again

It was a very good experience, a perfect place to stay !! Hospitality, atmosphere, everything was there to pass a very good moment. Thanks a lot to the staff for their work

• 1st Dec 2013

This place is awesome. I ended up doubling the length of my stay. The staff is great, friendly and always helpful. The hostel is nicely set out and it is very easy to get to know people there.

The hostel is really nice, it's clean, perfect location and the staff is the best!! They're always trying to get people involved to play games and go out and stuff. If you wanna have a quite night that's fine too, after 10 are quite hours. Perfect place to stay for your time in Philly!

• 29th Nov 2013

Staff is amazing. The living room is a great place to hangout. 5-10mins walk to city center. Had a great time.

Best hostel I've ever been to definitely. Everyone there is amazing, wonderful house and Philly is a great place to be! Would definitely come back and stay again.

Lovely people, Cassie was just amazing. Will come back someday!

If I could rate it higher than 100%, I would. Absolutely loved staying at The Philadelphia House!

• 22nd Nov 2013

The friendliest and most welcoming hostel I've stayed at. The only complaint is that there aren't enough bathrooms.

View all Philadelphia Hostels