The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

If you are looking for a real hostel experience - go to this place! The staff is super friendly, entertaining and always takes care of you. Great atmosphere, modern decoration and a well equipped common area. I would always come back to this hostel. Had a blast there :)

Love the location and the friendly staff. The staff helped me with the local sight seeing. Thanks to them, I got to see the wanamaker organ. Like the kitchen as well!!

Super friendly staff! The hostel is close to all main attraction and to bus/metro stops. I will came back to meet them!

• 28th Jun 2014

This place can't be beat! Killer location just a few blocks away from all the historical landmarks, great people, Xbox and Wii… My only quibble is that the wifi seemed funky at times, but nothing that a reboot of the router couldn't fix. For anyone visiting Philly, this is hands down the place to stay! PS I finished my report, yay!!

I really like Danny and Valeria, ther are so nice, I will remember them forever! My favorite hostel! Hope I can meet them someday! So miss them! Unforgettable experience for me !

Great staff. Very safe. Evening activities was perfect and it is a terrific way to meet others. Really enjoyed my stay. Danny and Sterling were awesome.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

They have excellent staffs and cozy living room that make you feel awesome!

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Had the best time here! The staff are such a good laugh, super chilled atmosphere, great location. Enjoyed ourselves loads. Thank you guys!

I stayed at this place for 4 nights and I have to say, it's one of the best hostels ever. It's right next to most tourist sights, it's very clean and the facilities are excellent. But what made this place really special was the staff who create a very familiar atmosphere. Thanks a lot guys!

Excellent staff, always happy to help.

The staff are friendly and suggest great places to visit. Very informative

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

The Philadelphia House is like staying at someone's home: the atmosphere is nice and warm. The staff made sure that every guest felt welcomed. I especially liked the different activities that brought everyone together such as pub crawls, movie nights, cooking, etc. It was my first time staying at a hostel and I have to say that The Philadelphia House exceeded my every expectation. I honestly didn't expect the hostel to be the best part of my stay in Philadelphia - thank you!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Thanks so much for everything, you guys are the best! :) -Whitney

• 18th Jun 2014

Really friendly staff, you feel like your in a family!

• 18th Jun 2014

All staffs are great except the black guy who is too cool...

Philadelphia House really is a house! This hostel is small and definitely has a homey, welcoming atmosphere. The 24-hour staff is especially friendly and helpful. The sofa in the common room smelled funny to me, but otherwise this hostel is very clean and comfy. As a history teacher, I like that the building was once part of a German school and people used to meet there and discuss improving prison conditions. Betsy Ross apparently died in her daughter's house on the same street.

Great location, friendly staff who were knowledgeable about the area, secure and well priced!

• 14th Jun 2014

The best hostel I have ever stayed. It feels like home. Staff and roommates are so warm, I feel no distance. It's true that it's smaller than other hostels, but it's unique. I think I will come back this hostel again one day.

I've made memories here that I will always cherish. There's a happy, homey atmosphere at the Philly House, which gave me a pang of sadness when I had to leave. There has never been a reported theft, so the place is very safe and trustworthy, and the employees are just as cool as friendly as other visitors. I look forward to visiting my new home in Philly again next year!

• 11th Jun 2014

With just 20 beds in 4 rooms, all on ground floor, this place is very compact, which makes for saving lots of steps. No sex-segregation, but all bathrooms are single-use and privacy is not a big issue.On Thursday night the staff cooked a nice dinner for just $4 for anyone who opted in that day. I liked the 'quiet time' starting at 10 pm and the 'no shoes' policy. There was a clothes iron available. The staff was always helpful.

View all Philadelphia Hostels