The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

Simply the best!

• 11th Nov 2013
  • Finland

This is an awesome hostel and I wish I could of stayed longer.

I went to the Philadelphia house on the advice of a friend, who told me I absolutely had to go there. The hostel is relatively small, about 25 beds, and have a great common area, which makes you fell like home. Plus, the staff is probably the best I've ever seen in a hostel, they organize events every nights (movie night, games, karaoke, pizza potluck) and are more than friendly. They actually make you feel like you're staying at a friend's place. It is super clean, recent, have a nice kitchen.

• 10th Nov 2013

We stayed there for a couple of nights, yet it made great impression on us. The place turned out to be an excellent choice. I totally recommend it to anyone who is looking for a place that is really well located and where good standards are provided. It is located like 5 minutes from the historic centre. The staff is very welcoming, friendly and really informative. They seem to be really involved in keeping a great atmosphere. The place is clean and the price is very affordable.

• Poland

This is an amazing hostel with a great facilities and a lively atmosphere. The staff are awesome as well; they were really friendly and helpful and everyone got treated to home made pizza one night. It has a perfect location and all security is more than adequate. I will definitely stay here when I go back to Philadelphia.

This hostel is like a close friend's house. The staff are super friendly and are always ready with suggestions of places to go and things to do. There are always group activities in the evenings, so even if you're traveling solo, there's a crowd of people waiting to hang out after a long day spent exploring Philly. Whether you like drinking with friends, chilling while watching movies and surfing the web, or having chats with new people from around the globe, this hostel is for you. The best!

It felt like home! Supersocial, probably the best hostel I've been to :)

• Sweden

From the minute I walked in, Staff were amazing, I was a little early but I got shown my bed and then offered a locker for my stuff. Toilets and showers were clean, great water pressure. Bed was great, warm blankets, great mattress, firm pillows. I didn't attend any hostel activities but they had a lot going on, even the sunday night. Location was fantastic, easy to find from the Subway and again the staff just amazing with everything. If I go back to Philly, Id def stay here.

Great hostel, owners fantastic and good location for visit the city center.

• 8th Nov 2013

Great hostel with a really welcoming and hospitable team working there. Really good location, just around the corner from loads of sights and museums. Would (and have) recommend it to all my friends.

• 8th Nov 2013

** Best hostel I've stayed at in a very long time ** I was travelling with a friend but the atmosphere is great for everyone - Whether travelling alone of in a group you will have a great time. ALL of the staff members bar none got involved with the activities and the nights out (even if they were off shift) and genuinely enjoyed their jobs (and their guests) ...the kitchen was big enough to cook an epic fried breakfast. This is a small hostel with great atmosphere. Sad I only had 1 night

I had a great time here! The staff was a lot of fun, everyone was super nice, it was very clean and within walking distance to everything. I'd definitely recommend it :)

It's a very energetic hostel with an enthusiastic staff. It was kept clean and the beds were comfortable. Location was great- close to the sites but also the more diverse neighborhoods as well. Like a lot of the commentors mentioned there is more of a party house vibe (though quiet hours after 10 are enforced) but its not something you will be forced into. I would however stay away from the pub crawls- there are more enticing venues nearby than their go-to bars.

• 8th Nov 2013

Loved staying at Philadelphia House, clean and tidy, very friendly staff and fun atmosphere. Would stay here again if I returned to Philly.

You can really relax and enjoy your time in Philly, if you stay in this hostel. So, go there longer than one night, because it's sooo cool and nice there that you don't wanna go home ;) The empolyers are funny and super nice and young. So, it's feels like you are there with many friends. :) I liked it!

They even let me iron my shirt!

• 1st Nov 2013

Very nice hostel close to everything. Very comfy beds, attentive staff, and a great social atmosphere even for solo travelers. One of the best hostels I've been at in North America.

Great to stay. Feels like staying with a good friend. Super clean, also.

• 1st Nov 2013

A small and ausome hostel. Very friendly staff. We had a great time playing card game.

Philadelphia House was one of the nicest hostels I've been in. What made the overall expierence so great.. Was that the staff, regardless of ethnicity made, everyone feel like they were at home. I would definitely pick this hostel to stay at again if or when I re visit Philly!

• 28th Oct 2013