The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

Small hostel, but it is clean and the staff is very friendly. Good location. It may be difficult to locate the first time since there is no sign outside the building.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. They were very accommodating in helping me figure out which Philadelphia landmarks to see and which ones were overrated. No curfews so you can go in and out as you please, just be courteous of the other people staying at the hostel. You share your room with other travelers and the beds are in a bunk bed set up which can be annoying if you happened to get placed on the top. Aside from that this was a really cool place with a very welcoming atmosphere.

• 4th Sep 2014

The Philadelphia House is incredible, there's no point staying anywhere else in the city. I felt welcomed from the moment I arrived and the staff do a fantastic job of bringing everyone together and making you feel at ease. We had local tours, game nights and socials everyday. I highly recommend a visit.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Awesome place to stay, we both wish we'd stayed longer. If you're visiting Philly, don't stay anywhere else. Awesome staff, great atmosphere and an owner that is passionate about building a positive hostelling culture and about his city. Shout out to Danny, legend!

Perfect place, felt safe and was a great stay and great people

• 31st Aug 2014

Very friendly and helpfull staff!

Staff members were friendly and helpful. They were accommodating to our needs and when we needed tips where to go. The whole hostel was clean and had a friendly and relaxed vibe to it. We had a good stay.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

Even when I arrived at 5 a.m. I could already check in and everyone was super friendly. I really enjoyed to stay at the Philadelphia House.

• 30th Aug 2014

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The beds were also far comfier than your usual hostel-standard and the bathrooms were very clean. I would have appreciated a laundry facility. The kitchen was definitely amongst the best I've experienced compared to other hostels; however, the others also provided a free, basic breakfast which I would have appreciated here, especially considering it's a fairly pricey hostel. The (paid-for) cooked breakfast was great though. A great location.

• 29th Aug 2014

This was by far the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. It's quite small which actually gives it a really cool atmosphere - it's actually like being in a big house with a bunch of people. The beds were very comfortable especially for bunks. The staff were amazing, friendly and helpful and so fun! I highly recommend staying here and would absolutely stay again if in the area!!

Perfect friendly staff, perfect place and facility. So far the best hostel in US. Amazing place to stay for so little money.

By far the best hostel I've stayed in!! Great Staff who are extremely helpful and knowledgable on the area. Had a wonderful experience and would definitely go back!!

• 26th Aug 2014

II would definitely recommend this great little Hostel. It may be small, but its full of character, and there is always something going on. The communal area is also great for just chilling or getting to know your fellow travellers. The staff were friendly and helpful and made a real effort to make everyone feel welcome.

The staff are really lovely and the location is great. The facilities aren't the best. Not enough for the number of guests (especially with one out of order which should be sorted as a matter of urgency! ). Our room was so small that it made the stay unpleasant. Take ear plugs! The atmosphere is excellent but don't expect to sleep without them. Overrall I wouldn't go back in a hurry.

I wish I stayed a couple more days, but I couldn't. Everything was great about this hostel. Just a couple of hangups: Some of the staff try to pressure into going to pub crawls. I'm not a drinker, so I was annoyed. The rest of the staff was helpful, informative and really tries to get to know you. The location is great, albeit a little hard to find initially. No breakfast, but good places nearby. Had to take off shoes and it smelled like feet where u had to leave them. But i'd stay here again.

Everything is nice here, especially the staff! Ppl there are nice and easygoing. Can't ask for more than this.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

As a female travelling on my own I would highly recommend staying at the Philadelphia House. Staff were welcoming and friendly. I had a great time, thanks!

The Hostel is excellent, the staff pay great detail In your stay and do whatever they can to make sure your stay in Philly is amazing. They spend time going through maps and showing you places of interest which is really helpful. The hostel is tiny but this adds to the atmosphere it has, if it's your first time staying in a hostel it definitely won't be your last. Everyone that stays here is friendly and gets chatting because the place is so welcoming.

• 14th Aug 2014

Great hostel. Good location, homely and welcoming with great staff.

Loved my stay here. I met many fun people here, not least the staff who were helpful, friendly, relaxed and showed me a really good time. The hostel organised stuff to do for nearly every night, but chilling in the lounge was almost always the most fun, with constant guests/staff to hang out with. The place was clean, bright, safe and well located in the historic city. It is also a small hostel and so filled up quick with some unlucky arrivers being turned away- so book ahead in peak time!

• 12th Aug 2014