The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

very lovely indeed~i will miss both Caroline and Miss.red hair there~

• 17th Feb 2014
  • China

Cannot recommend this enough, we had a really great time at the Philadelphia house: super friendly & fun staff, great recommendations and best of all a TON of support from everybody when our luggage got lost by the airline. Felt more like staying with very nice family than a hostel :) Thanks so much guys, without your help we would probably still be waiting for our bags...

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Friendly staff. Clean. (Los empleados eran amables y es un sitio limpio.)

• 15th Feb 2014

They made me feel so comfortable.

• 14th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

This hostel is totaly amazing!!! Its so much Fun to stay there! The best staff I've ever seen, because they make an effort!!! See u next time!

• 11th Feb 2014

Best Hostel ever.

• 10th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

Thankyou to the Philly house for a welcoming, laid back stay! Great location, great staff, very homely feel. Definitely would stay again and recommend to people!

I liked the staff, they were very helpful. Actually, I finished had a take-home exam, which I wrote in the back bathroom because it was the quietest place I could find. Nobody seemed to mind even though it looked weird. If someone is staying in Philadelphia, I would recommend the hostel as being the best value for the money.

• 7th Feb 2014

not the best hostel i have stayed so far, but the awesomest! Danny is great, and all the staff of the hostel, believes in a family/community atmosphere. the pub crawl is so much fun. the place is small but clean. the spirit of Philadelphia could be felt in this house the whole time.

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Philippines

If you wish to have some of the best days in your life soon, you,ve gotta get to Philadelphia house. The staff are a joy to be around, there all "switched on" and ready to recommend all the many things philly offers. I stayed in November and along with all hostellers staying was invited to Thanksgiving "free of charge" the staff worked there socks off and keep the place immaculate, went back in january, and will definetly go back in Summer. Happy Valentine,s to you all BIG KISS X KM

• 1st Feb 2014

Pros: I spent a night in The Philadelphia House. Location is fantastic, Food & Fun Places are at walking distance Plus you have free street parking (Saturday late night - Monday early morning). They have awesome morning coffee to make your day bright. Staff is friendly & will guide you perfectly. Cons: The only annoying thing i found while my stay was The Wooden Floor Creaks and Bends Sound

Just like all the other reviews say, this place is great!!! The location is amazing, the employees are great, it's reasonably priced and overall it is probably the best hostel I have ever stayed at. I can genuinely say that staying at the Philadelphia House contributed to my enjoyment of the city, which I immediately fell in love with. My only regret is that I only stayed one night!

Excellent staff. Clean and centrally located.

You really can't say enough or rate this hostle for what it truly deserves. From the moment you arrive you are greeted by friends. The housekeeping is far above par and every single member of the staff is genuinely there to see to every need a traveler may have. The daily activities seemed to be not just a job but something everyone enjoyed. The day I arrived the manager Danny went out to buy me an ice tea; a gesture that was appreciated. I recommend this place to everyone! Thanks a lot!

• 29th Jan 2014

This is an amazing place that not only offers services and fun activities that most hostels don't, but also fosters instant camaraderie between all guests and staff. It's a great place for people who haven't stayed in hostels before to be introduced to the best of what a hostel stay can contribute to a travel experience. The only thing I'd suggest to new guests is to make sure to ask how to get warm water in the showers; it's hard to figure out by yourself.

• 25th Jan 2014

Staff very friendly and fun atmosphere. Definitely enjoyed the stay.

• 24th Jan 2014

Fantastic! The staff make you feel like family. I had a wonderful stay and highly recommend it.

• 24th Jan 2014