The Philadelphia House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

I stayed at this place for 4 nights and I have to say, it's one of the best hostels ever. It's right next to most tourist sights, it's very clean and the facilities are excellent. But what made this place really special was the staff who create a very familiar atmosphere. Thanks a lot guys!

Excellent staff, always happy to help.

The staff are friendly and suggest great places to visit. Very informative

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

The Philadelphia House is like staying at someone's home: the atmosphere is nice and warm. The staff made sure that every guest felt welcomed. I especially liked the different activities that brought everyone together such as pub crawls, movie nights, cooking, etc. It was my first time staying at a hostel and I have to say that The Philadelphia House exceeded my every expectation. I honestly didn't expect the hostel to be the best part of my stay in Philadelphia - thank you!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Thanks so much for everything, you guys are the best! :) -Whitney

• 18th Jun 2014

Really friendly staff, you feel like your in a family!

• 18th Jun 2014

All staffs are great except the black guy who is too cool...

Philadelphia House really is a house! This hostel is small and definitely has a homey, welcoming atmosphere. The 24-hour staff is especially friendly and helpful. The sofa in the common room smelled funny to me, but otherwise this hostel is very clean and comfy. As a history teacher, I like that the building was once part of a German school and people used to meet there and discuss improving prison conditions. Betsy Ross apparently died in her daughter's house on the same street.

Great location, friendly staff who were knowledgeable about the area, secure and well priced!

• 14th Jun 2014

The best hostel I have ever stayed. It feels like home. Staff and roommates are so warm, I feel no distance. It's true that it's smaller than other hostels, but it's unique. I think I will come back this hostel again one day.

I've made memories here that I will always cherish. There's a happy, homey atmosphere at the Philly House, which gave me a pang of sadness when I had to leave. There has never been a reported theft, so the place is very safe and trustworthy, and the employees are just as cool as friendly as other visitors. I look forward to visiting my new home in Philly again next year!

• 11th Jun 2014

With just 20 beds in 4 rooms, all on ground floor, this place is very compact, which makes for saving lots of steps. No sex-segregation, but all bathrooms are single-use and privacy is not a big issue.On Thursday night the staff cooked a nice dinner for just $4 for anyone who opted in that day. I liked the 'quiet time' starting at 10 pm and the 'no shoes' policy. There was a clothes iron available. The staff was always helpful.

Everything about The Philadelphia House is great. It's extremely clean and everyone is very friendly. The staff is more than willing to take people out and show them around Philly. Also the hostel was small and it allowed for a wonderful atmosphere with a sense of community. I HIGHLY recommend The Philadelphia House.

• 11th Jun 2014

a lot of rules(no shoes;no loudly talking between 10PM-8AM) although there is free oatmeal and coffee(or tea) for breakfast,and you tag your own food in fridge,somebody still take your food as their own........so the management on food is not so good. staffs are no nice(except a black guy,who never smiles),sometimes they will organize a "walking tour" to show this old city,include the oldest candy shop;the oldest ice cream shop;the bridge on Delaware River etc.

Wow what can I say about my favourite small hostel that I have ever been to in 10 years of traveling. Staff are awsome....they are like chilling with mates, Danny is a top bloke, who has great banter and thanks for the advice of what to see. Rooms are perfect, along with showers, one small thing can we get a lock on bedroom doors, and one more sink would be good. Kitchen is perfect, along with chill out area....then this hostel would be 100% but please keep the staff they are fabulous...thanks

A neat, chill hostel. Supremely clean with very helpful friendly staff. Bit pricey, and the rooms have absolutely no ventilation, which means that those mixed dorms get pretty rank very quickly. Also a bit lacking in the number of toilets and showers available.

This has been the best hostel I have ever been to. What I enjoy most is the free talk with friends from different countries. The atmosphere of open-minded and warm talk is not as easily found in other cities. the location is close to the most worthy place to see in Philadelphia, it is also very safe and clean. By the way, the staff here is very nice and warm-hearted. Personally, Philadelphia is my favorite city in the northeast, and my happy experience in this hostel is part of the reason.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • China

What an experience! From the warm welcome to the great night out and the games we played (Cards Against Humanity!), I had such a blast! The place is really good located, clean and really cosy. It's a really small place, so it quickly feels like a family. The hostel really made my Philadelphia trip stand out. My only regret is not staying there longer so I could beat a certain staffmember on Xbox ;-) Thanks to all the staff, hope to see you again in the (near) future!

• 2nd Jun 2014

Brilliant stay at the Philadelphia house - couldn't have asked for better, staff were very friendly and always willing to help. The hostel and very clean and tidy. Also only a short walk to any of the sights, well worth a stop off on your way through to DC.

Great staff, made me feel very welcome, They helped me with touristic locations, info on how to get to the airport and which bars to go to. The hostel is very clean and organized, complete with a kitchen full of appliances.

View all Philadelphia Hostels