The Phoenix Hotel Reviews

88 Ladkrabang Soi 7, Ladkrabang Road, Ladkrabang, Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

It's a good place to stay if you come to Bangkok for a transfer only.

This hostel is perfect if you're tired and want to stay near the BKK airport. A shuttle service picks you up from the airport and drives you directly to the hostel. It's not that close to the action of Bangkok, but you can take public transportation into the heart of the city pretty easily. The facilities are clean, and there's not much I can complain about!

This is a great place to stay if you arrive to Bangkok late, or have an early flight to catch out of BKK. They provide free transportation on the hour to and from the airport, facilities are clean and adequate, and it is a quiet place to get a good nights sleep after or before a long flight. It is very close to the airport, so I would not stay here as your mainstay for Bangkok, as it is at least 30 minutes from city center, but definitely recommended for your first/last night before/after flying

• 22nd Mar 2014

Great stay overall just wish there was more to do in the area.

Excellent place to stay for a night due to a long layover. They have a free service from Suvarnabhumi Airport every hour, so you can save on the taxi ride. Definitely recommended for the purpose of that: Getting a good night sleep at a bed rather than the airport.

• 14th Feb 2014

This hotel is perfect for crashing the night before a flight or after. It is close to the airport and offers free shuttle to and from. For about $20 dollars a night you get a nice room, but nothing too special. The thing that I liked best about this hotel was that we arrived about three hours before check in time and they let us into our room right away. Some hotels won't do that for you. I am so grateful because I had bad food poisoning and I needed a room and bed to sleep in pronto.

Really funky smell in room (sewer gas). Had hard time to fall asleep. No screen on patio door. Good to stay one night if arriving late in Bangkok since it is so close to airport. Shuttle service was free and convenient.

Only needed to stay for one night. Marvellous free pick up and drop off from/to the airport. Nice, clean hotel with polite and efficient staff. 7/11 close by as are a few places to eat. A very pleasant stay.

We booked this hotel for one night since it had a free shuttle pick up from the airport, and we were taking a train to Chiang Mai the next day. It was a little difficult to call for the shuttle when we arrived because we did not have an international SIM card (it would have arrived anyway). The breakfast and dinner were pretty good, but a little expensive. The staff was helpful. We would not recommend it for people wanting to tour Bangkok, but it is an awesome place to rest before moving on.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I really hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and really hope to welcome you back again.

Great spot to be close to the airport if your transiting. They will pick you up and drop you off for free which is a big bonus, and is a great hotel for the money it costs. They let me store my stuff there for free for 2 weeks while i travelled around which saved me alot of grief, and even organised to have something mailed to a friend of mine while i was in a big crunch for time. Not much to do around the immediate vicinity, and is a quiet hotel.

Location is good only if you need to get to the airport quickly. If you plan on doing other things in Bangkok it is an hour away from the center of the city. The bathroom wasn't cleaned of spider webs and rust everywhere. Mosquitos everywhere so have plenty of bug repellent handy.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your time sharing your feedback and bring my attention to the cleanliness concern. I will pass this on our head of housekeeping to monitoring the in-room cleanliness. It's so pity to hear that the room wasn't meet our standard and our staff fail to do their job. I will make sure that our housekeeping mate will take more care about the cleanliness. Best wishes, Guest relation

Great hostel, cute cafe beside it. Free shuttle to airport, and you can take train to anywhere in city from there. They will pick you up too. Location wasn't that good to main stuff but close to airport

• 18th Dec 2013

This is a good place for a night or 2 especially if you are catching an early flight. The great thing about this hotel is the hourly shuttle bus to the airport where you can then get the metro into the city centre. The rooms are clean ans comfortable, the WiFi is good and there's hot water and a/c as well as complimentary snacks and water. I'll probably use this hotel again when I get back to bangkok. I would recommend it.