The Phoenix West Princes Street (ALL SINGLE BEDS) Reviews

8 Shandwick Place, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland

Clean and tidy with a great common room in a good location. Only downside is some rooms are cramped with little space for your bags. Recommended

I just can leave 2 good things : A good Location, Late checki in without any problem. Bad Things : All the door were insecure.so if been able to open 3 other doors by trying. My room included no key needded. worst. The Facilities: All facilities dirty or damaged. WC 1: without light. Wc 2 : Look damage everybody could open.really unpleasant. Shower 1: nice without hair.. 1of 3 days.Shower 2/3 : All looks damaged everybody could join showering really unpleasant. The Rooms : Dirty everywh

• 3rd Jun 2015

Nice place, great staff, good hostel. 10am too early a checkout however!

Hostel manager was hardly ever around. When we checked out, we just left, leaving the keys on the desk. It worked, but not ideal solution.

Worst hostel ever. No stuff. Rooms were very cold. Not clean.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Turkey

This is my 2nd stay here in 7 months. I stay here at the Phoenix because they have got only single beds. I will not stay in an hostel with bunk beds because I have got feet &legs problems so cannot go on a top bed of a bunk bed. The Phoenix is a very very good hostel. No problems. I am planning to go back to the Phoenix in September (God willing). I love Edinburgh in general. Had a window problem my last night there &the manager came out straight away (at 11 pm) to sort problem out. Thank you.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Wales

It was nice enough for how much it cost, but generally was just an average hostel stay. The single beds did not necessarily elevate the experience to a higher level. It's still just a hostel.