The Phoenix West Princes Street (ALL SINGLE BEDS) Reviews

8 Shandwick Place, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland

Amazing Place! Don't think twice before booking. Its close to the Fringe!

• 15th Aug 2015
  • India

The only good thing was the location and the kind and helpful staff. The room was too small and it didn't have anything to block the sunlight so from 6:00am we couldn't sleep anymore. Atmosphere was good enough except when a guy was getting a tattoo in the living room. Some people don't like needles and don't need to see that. The price was very expensive for us but it was high season and the Fringe festival so maybe it is normal.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Very polite, approachable, and friendly staff. The location is fantastic. The hostel had a lot of character. The rooms were very clean, and security was really good - locks for every door.

• 14th Aug 2015

Check in is at 2pm however we arrived at 8am and asked to leave our bags so we could come back and check in later. The host was pretty frosty towards us but did allow us to leave our bags there. After we checked in the host was friendly and hospitable??? The hostel is in a great location right next to the pub/club area and only 15mins walk from the old town.

Great location, very clean and nice hostel. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the atmosphere they cultivated was lovely to be a part of. The location is great with tons of different restaurants nearby and several bus/tram stops within a short walking distance.

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Poland

Pricey, but we booked it last minute. In a great spot but lugging my suitcase up 4 flights of stairs was brutal. A very small hostel but well put together. Reeked of smoke in the common area and the beds in the 5 person bedroom were too close together I had no where to put my luggage or even plug in my charger. No hand dryers in the toilet as well. Didn't advertise special amenities (towels, hair dryer, bus shuttle to airport) like they do at other, bigger hostels. Single beds were a major plus!

Quiet nice hostel in the middle of the city centre, which was really convenient. Clean and comfortable bed, clean showers (really nice showers), entrances to the pubs or clubs literally across the road. Cool

Glad i stayed :)

I stayed in one of the large dormitories and there were only two of us in the entire room... It was amazing. Comfortable beds, great location, not a ton of atmosphere, but the free breakfast makes up for that.

Really good Hostel, u have really good privacity and the rooms are really cute, the kitchen is so pretty and the staff are really gentle and helpful. The location is really amazing, it is locate in the middle of Edinbrugh, u can go everywhere walking and see all the things tht u want. I recomended it to everyppl who is going to come Edinbrugh :)

Edinburgh's hidden treasure! Great place! Friendly staff, everything is new and clean, the free breakfast is really good, best location!!! I could feel like I was at home (in a fine and amazing home). I'm definitely staying there again!!

This was by far the best place I've stayed in! Very clean, perfect location, lovely and helpful staff, dorms are really good and the beds are comfy. I really loved the bright living room where you can relax and enjoy the amazing views to the city centre. I would totally repeat if I visit Edinburgh again.

I loved it was a fantastic weekend wonderful people and uncommonly helpful ..... I will come back :)

Fantastic!

• Austria

I am sure i will repeat

• Spain

The Hostel was really nice, i enjoyed all time that i spend on it. The staff always try their best and cares about all tht u need. The locatios is really nice, in the center of the city.

• Spain

Although we had to wait a bit when we wanted to check-in, then everything was very good so there´s nothing we can complaint about. The location was supreme and all details taken care of. We will definitely come back there very soon during the Fringe!

Slightly awkward, because you need to check in around the corner at Caledonian Backpackers. However the staff is super friendly and helpful! Luggage storage is also at the reception at Caledonian Backpackers- do not go all the way to the train station and pay £6 for three hours storage per bag! The only thing I would note, is that the room keys open the doors to ALL of the rooms- so your stuff in your room isn't very secure.

Clean hostel in a good location, but our stay wasn't so good. We could use our keycards to open any of the doors (including other dorms). No one else was staying, we had the hostel to ourselves. The included breakfast had jams way past their date with fungus all over them and no bread left to make toast. When we asked, the staff said 5 minutes and then took at least 10 minutes to do their make-up first, before going out to buy more. In the end we didn't eat any as we had to catch a train.

Unfortunately the management team was away on vacation during this period - we have a very sophisticated door entry system installed and allows flexibility and security. However when not operated correctly and the reception progams the cards incorrectly they can open other or all doors. Now we have returned this will never happen again. Please book with confidence knowing we can demonstrate that your keycard has restricted access when you arrive. Please forgive us this once only error. Manager

Bedroom door did not have a lock from the outside. So although the section we were in had key card access, someone else staying in the other rooms could have easily gained access to our room. Breakfast was extremely basic, other hostels I have stayed in have been much better breakfasts. Friendly staff and excellent location!

• 22nd Jun 2015