The Phoenix West Princes Street (ALL SINGLE BEDS) Reviews

8 Shandwick Place, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland

Fantastic place, amazing location and friendly staff. No bunk beds make for a very comfortable sleep, I can not fault this place in any way... It is truly the most luxurious and unique hostel in Edinburgh by far.

When I first walked into the Phoenix, I did judge it a bit harshly. It's not the easiest to find and there are a lot of stairs to walk up when you have a big bag.. however, once I was settled in, the Phoenix was actually pretty great. The kitchen/ common room area was well stocked, they provided tea, milk, cereal and toast for breakfast, which was good. It was also only about a 10-15 minute walk from the Royal Mile. Would definately stay again and highly recommend!

• 21st Jan 2016

Very clean classy hostel right in the middle of town

We were there for Hogmanay, so paid an arm and a leg for single beds in a large dorm (40 pounds per person per night), but the hostel was nice. Bathrooms, beds, and common areas all were pleasant.

Staffs are really nice. Especially the lady from Poland really gave us the best service, solved all our problems. Their location is good, located at the main street and easily access to public transport. I think a lock should be provided for the locker. Little bit overpriced but because we were coming on New Year's Eve. Overall it's a nice stay.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Hong Kong

Could not find the hostel after searching had to be taken to the building by another hostel. First impression of the hostel was the smell was musky and there was no atmosphere being new years eve I believe is Un acceptable. In all I would recommend a different hostel.

• 31st Dec 2015

The staff was amazing! The hostel felt like an apartment (both the layout of the floors and the fact they are single beds). The price (especially during new years eve for one of the biggest celebrations in the world) could not be beat. My bus was not until 11pm the day I checked out and they held onto my bags for the day and llet me stay in their common room without a problem. I will absolutely be staying here again!

• 28th Dec 2015

Would have been one of the best hostels I have stayed but the noise from a late night basement bar, across the road, that closed at 3am on a Wednesday meant I couldn't fall sleep until after it had closed.

Myself and a group of girls aged 18-20 have been staying at the hostel once a week for many weeks. Excellent value for money and friendly staff. Always have a good time chatting to the staff when staying at the hostel. The rooms are basic but clean and secure for leaving belongings safely in the room, also items are available in the hostel incase you forget. Excellent location in the city centre surrounded by shops, supermarkets and nightlife. We will defintely be back next week!

• 16th Dec 2015
  • Scotland

Was a great place to stay, was only there for a night but staff were very friendly and was a location for a great price, would stay again with no hesitation!

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Scotland

Out of the hostels I visited in Edinburgh, this one was my favorite. It was clean, quiet and komfortable. Sure the mattresses are a little tired, but the breakfast and friendly staff more than made up for it. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

The kitchens were quite lacking with no cooker and only 3 mugs. 2 shows on the first floor had no lights, and the toilets had no locks. Beds were comfy and the lounge/ kitchen had a relaxing homey atmosphere

Amazing experience! Staff consistently go out of their way to help. Very usable and convenient kitchen.

great location, friendly management , hostel clean as a bean you can't ask for anything else in a hostel

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Iceland

I stayed in this hostel for three weeks. The first thing I noticed was how friendly the staff were. The room was fantastic with comfortable bed and plenty of space. I stayed in 5 bedroom room which was quite, simply fantastic. The kitchen was clean all the time also bathroom and toilet. Location was excellent with a short walk to the Grass Market and Princes Street. I will definitely be back.

The second night of our stay, the staff gave our beds away even though we had things locked in the lockers next to the beds and had paid through the next day. We had to call for someone to come talk to us because no one was at the desk. The man who answered was rude and annoyed with us. Later, other people came back and found that their beds had also been given away. When we checked out, I had to call 3 times before someone answered since no one was at the desk again and he was, again, rude.

My main complaints were noisiness. Our twin room was questionably a closet and the people in the hall were very loud and rude--the walls were very thin. There was no window in our room either, only a skylight. Also we had to share one bathroom (albeit a very nice bathroom) with 9 other people. I purchased a towel for £1.50 and it was full of holes... But the location is great and the staff were very friendly.

• 27th Nov 2015

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. The nature of the building leads to smaller bathroom facilities, buts easily manageable and really no problem at all. Staff were excellent, beds were great (considering), great atmosphere. I would love to stay here again.

I had great Time in Phoenix Hostel, the rooms it's very confortables to be a Hostel I met many people , there's a nice chill -out room and the staff it's lovely .You can make a meal yourself and then Ian the Owen is too simpatic, say hello a Anderson at the reception ....

Everything's perfect, except one of the guy at the reception. He should have service mind and talk to the guest better. (The other guy was very nice and help us to carry our luggage)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4