The Phoenix West Princes Street (ALL SINGLE BEDS) Reviews

8 Shandwick Place, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland

Edinburgh's hidden treasure! Great place! Friendly staff, everything is new and clean, the free breakfast is really good, best location!!! I could feel like I was at home (in a fine and amazing home). I'm definitely staying there again!!

Fantastic!

• Austria

I am sure i will repeat

• Spain

The Hostel was really nice, i enjoyed all time that i spend on it. The staff always try their best and cares about all tht u need. The locatios is really nice, in the center of the city.

• Spain

Although we had to wait a bit when we wanted to check-in, then everything was very good so there´s nothing we can complaint about. The location was supreme and all details taken care of. We will definitely come back there very soon during the Fringe!

Slightly awkward, because you need to check in around the corner at Caledonian Backpackers. However the staff is super friendly and helpful! Luggage storage is also at the reception at Caledonian Backpackers- do not go all the way to the train station and pay £6 for three hours storage per bag! The only thing I would note, is that the room keys open the doors to ALL of the rooms- so your stuff in your room isn't very secure.

Clean hostel in a good location, but our stay wasn't so good. We could use our keycards to open any of the doors (including other dorms). No one else was staying, we had the hostel to ourselves. The included breakfast had jams way past their date with fungus all over them and no bread left to make toast. When we asked, the staff said 5 minutes and then took at least 10 minutes to do their make-up first, before going out to buy more. In the end we didn't eat any as we had to catch a train.

Bedroom door did not have a lock from the outside. So although the section we were in had key card access, someone else staying in the other rooms could have easily gained access to our room. Breakfast was extremely basic, other hostels I have stayed in have been much better breakfasts. Friendly staff and excellent location!

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Clean and tidy with a great common room in a good location. Only downside is some rooms are cramped with little space for your bags. Recommended

I just can leave 2 good things : A good Location, Late checki in without any problem. Bad Things : All the door were insecure.so if been able to open 3 other doors by trying. My room included no key needded. worst. The Facilities: All facilities dirty or damaged. WC 1: without light. Wc 2 : Look damage everybody could open.really unpleasant. Shower 1: nice without hair.. 1of 3 days.Shower 2/3 : All looks damaged everybody could join showering really unpleasant. The Rooms : Dirty everywh

• 3rd Jun 2015

Nice place, great staff, good hostel. 10am too early a checkout however!

Hostel manager was hardly ever around. When we checked out, we just left, leaving the keys on the desk. It worked, but not ideal solution.

Worst hostel ever. No stuff. Rooms were very cold. Not clean.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Turkey

This is my 2nd stay here in 7 months. I stay here at the Phoenix because they have got only single beds. I will not stay in an hostel with bunk beds because I have got feet &legs problems so cannot go on a top bed of a bunk bed. The Phoenix is a very very good hostel. No problems. I am planning to go back to the Phoenix in September (God willing). I love Edinburgh in general. Had a window problem my last night there &the manager came out straight away (at 11 pm) to sort problem out. Thank you.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Wales

It was nice enough for how much it cost, but generally was just an average hostel stay. The single beds did not necessarily elevate the experience to a higher level. It's still just a hostel.