The Phoenix Reviews

17 Yunnan (South) road, Shanghai, China

The staff is amazing and the facilities super ok. Nice rooftop terrace and bar. Had the chance to be there for Chinese New Year and the hotel's owner and staff went beyond amazing to give us an unforgettable night of delicious food, fun games (with presents!) and even karaoke at a legendary place in Shanghai. Really, really cool.

Nice warm and powerful showers in the dorms, clean everywhere, helpful staff, good wifi, great rooftop terrace where it was easy to meet people.

I don't know why our room was called "deluxe", when in comparison to other hostels it was rather slightly below average in terms of facilities. But that's about the only complaint I have. The location is superb, the staff is nice everything is very clean. The Chinese restaurant downstairs is great. I would definitely go there again.

A really good vibe in this clean friendly hostel.

Very nice hostel in the center of Shanghai. We stayed for one weekend and the hostel was perfect for it. We will definetly come again.

Had a great stay at the Phoenix in a 8-bed mixed dorm. Rooms were incredibley clean and spacious, staff was absolutely lovely especially the ladies upstairs who served our breakfast. Great location.

• 28th Jan 2016
  • South Africa

I always recommend Phoenix to everyone who visiting Shanghai first time. It is the best location and cheap. Location is really close to every club if you like to party. As well it is close to Bund and 5min walking to People square. I am working in Shanghai like a manager for clubs. So if you like to going out and you want to visit different clubs for free contact me. Also you can get in each club free drinks. My wechat is Julijahertelendi or Whatsapp +8615000215967Have fun and cheers,dont be shy

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Slovenia

Pretty good!

The staff were not very welcoming at all and sometimes just rude. However, the room was very comfortable and I did have a nice sleep, which i guess is the main thing.

• 17th Jan 2016

It was a really great stay. We had both a private double bed room and a dorm room. Both were more than comfortable, clean and the washrooms had wonderful hot showers. The views towards the east on the 4th floor and bar area are beautiful and both the restaurant and bar offer tasty food and a welcoming atmosphere.

10/10! Extremely helpful and friendly staff, very clean, awesome location, just a really good place to stay. I had breakfast every morning at the roof top bar where there was always someone to greet me, I had my laundry done twice which was returned the next day, and I even asked for a late checkout and I was given until 5pm!! I was travelling alone and felt at home here. The only thing was wifi was a little dodgy in room and the shower didn't drain properly but was okay. Thank you Phoenix :)

• 9th Jan 2016

Great place to stay in Shanghai. Staff is very friendly. Super rooftop bar! Hostel Is located in the street with a lot of restaurants. Next time will come back again! Thank you!

Pros: good location clean room and nice staff. Contra: wifi didn't work for the first two days.

Very modern and clean hostel. Staff are friendly . Would definitely stay here again .

It was great value for money. But one thing that I didnt like was the staff let one guy in my dorm room at 2am. I dont think he is a customer(maybe a friend I think) :( The staff checked the bed with lighter (It would be better if he checked with the light) and It was so scary. It only happened one night but was enough though.

Absolutely amazing hostel in the most perfect location. Would recommend doing the Big Bus tour if you're there for limited time and the water towns is a must see!

Clean room in busy area. But with the a/c running and windows closed the noise wasn't an issue. Metro station about a block away. All amenities within walking distance. Restaurant down stairs with good food. Bar on upstairs balcony.

• 31st Dec 2015

A great hostel with a great location, with an amazing adjoining restaurant at the base!

Just stayed for one night, but lucked out with good roommates and a friendly atmosphere in the rooftop bar. The rooms were very spacious, and there were only four of us in a 8-person room! Plus, there is a private bathroom in each room. Great value for such a great location!

It was nice having a private bathroom. It's more of a cheap hotel than a hostel feel. We saw cockroaches our last night there which was a bit unsettling, but the location was so amazing. Really close to so many great attractions.

« first « Prev 1 2 3