The Phoenix Reviews

17 Yunnan (South) road, Shanghai, China

Staff here were friendly and helpful. I stayed in the cheapest private room, which had no window so smelt a bit musty. If going back I'd pay a bit more for something better. But no complaints - it was great value for money. The downstairs restaurant does good meals at a reasonable price.

A great value for the money.. clean and well kept rooms

Nice hostel, location is good, subway is close by and just one stop to People Square where you can transfer to many different lines. You can walk to the French Concession. WiFi in the room is not good! WiFi at the rooftopbar is okay. Breakfast little expensive for what you get. Clean towels and flipflops everyday, thats nice.

The Hostel is fair and functional. No special complains, but it's not at all an excellent hostel, with a really friendly staff, outstanding atmosphere, good decoration, clean, and so on. Not at all.

Phoenix receives my highest rating for mainland China hostelling. The location was easy to find and close to major Shanghai attractions. Shower and toilet facilities were of western standards and clean. B bar is nice place to relax and socialize. Beds were clean. Lockable storage for luggage in the room. Phoenix is a solid choice for a Shanghai visit.

The staff was great!

Great location, the street on which it is located is amazing for food and drinks. Atmosphere is more like a hotel, though

A good clean central hostel. However ot feels more like a hotel than a hostel with little atmosphere even on the rooftop bar where your own food and drink are prohibited.

maybe hostel can provide mineral water for guests in room

• 14th Oct 2015
  • Indonesia

Fine hostel, but some facilities could be better. The mattresses were very poor and the boxes to store you luggage were in bad condition.

The location is definitely the reason I stayed here. It's very close to the metro station. It saves a lot of time for traveling. The staff speaks good English. I chose double bed room. The room was clean, but a little strange about the glass door for bathroom. People who concern privacy should take note of it. Since I was alone, it's okay for me. Overall, it's a nice stay.

Booked a 6 bedroom dorm and was put in an 8 person dorm so not a good start. Dorm room was great though, comfortable beds, clean, decent aircon, awesome ensuite, really good wifi, and huge storage lockers. Location is really good close to people's square and metro for everywhere else. Nice restaurant next to reception. Rooftop bar didn't have many people there while I was staying so atmosphere could be better.

I definitely would like to stay here if I have a chance to come to Shanghai again! I did enjoyed every minute of my staying at this hostel. Especially the view you have at the rooftop bar is just amazing so you will be able to enjoy the morning view among tall buildings while having breakfast.

Best Hostel in Shanghai!Excellent location, close to People Square and The bund is not very far. The rooftop bar is really good lots of young people. Restaurant downstairs is cheap and delicious. Staff can speak English but the staff at night doesn't. Clean Hostel with an elevater. Would go back

Fantastic location, direct the tube and walkable distance to the bund. Lots of places to eat near by also. The hostel itself was very clean and the room was quite spacious. The rooftop bar was a lovely addition, as was the giant teddy bear they have hanging out up there.

It was great staying there. A lot of nice places are even in walking distance and the train to the airport is really close which i found very handy. I slept good in the 6p dorm and i loved your roof bar!!! All in all I think the value for money is just on point.

I had a nice time in Shanghai! I would have liked the hostel offering me a map. I didn't ask though so I don't know if there were free ones anyways. If there's no it could be interesting to provide it.

A good hostel in a very good location, great for food. The hostel bunkbeds were pretty standard for any hostel but I did find them a little hard. I didn't really interact with the staff much but they seemed nice enough and spoke good English. The hostel has a roof top bar, but I was there every night and hardly anyone while I was there used it. But I guess that's not the hostels fault. But this hostel is very good value for money. So would consider staying there again.

Nice place with perfect location and excellent staff!

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Bulgaria

Great hostel in a good position for a boy like me!i was in vacation and all i needed i found! Close to people square(in the heart of shanghai) and 5 minutes on foot at the subway metrostation! Good. Andrea

« first « Prev 1 2 3