The Phoenix Reviews

17 Yunnan (South) road, Shanghai, China

I don't know why our room was called "deluxe", when in comparison to other hostels it was rather slightly below average in terms of facilities. But that's about the only complaint I have. The location is superb, the staff is nice everything is very clean. The Chinese restaurant downstairs is great. I would definitely go there again.

A really good vibe in this clean friendly hostel.

Very nice hostel in the center of Shanghai. We stayed for one weekend and the hostel was perfect for it. We will definetly come again.

• 29th Jan 2016

I always recommend Phoenix to everyone who visiting Shanghai first time. It is the best location and cheap. Location is really close to every club if you like to party. As well it is close to Bund and 5min walking to People square. I am working in Shanghai like a manager for clubs. So if you like to going out and you want to visit different clubs for free contact me. Also you can get in each club free drinks. My wechat is Julijahertelendi or Whatsapp +8615000215967Have fun and cheers,dont be shy

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Slovenia

Pretty good!

The staff were not very welcoming at all and sometimes just rude. However, the room was very comfortable and I did have a nice sleep, which i guess is the main thing.

• 17th Jan 2016

It was a really great stay. We had both a private double bed room and a dorm room. Both were more than comfortable, clean and the washrooms had wonderful hot showers. The views towards the east on the 4th floor and bar area are beautiful and both the restaurant and bar offer tasty food and a welcoming atmosphere.

10/10! Extremely helpful and friendly staff, very clean, awesome location, just a really good place to stay. I had breakfast every morning at the roof top bar where there was always someone to greet me, I had my laundry done twice which was returned the next day, and I even asked for a late checkout and I was given until 5pm!! I was travelling alone and felt at home here. The only thing was wifi was a little dodgy in room and the shower didn't drain properly but was okay. Thank you Phoenix :)

• 9th Jan 2016

Great place to stay in Shanghai. Staff is very friendly. Super rooftop bar! Hostel Is located in the street with a lot of restaurants. Next time will come back again! Thank you!

Pros: good location clean room and nice staff. Contra: wifi didn't work for the first two days.

Very modern and clean hostel. Staff are friendly . Would definitely stay here again .

It was great value for money. But one thing that I didnt like was the staff let one guy in my dorm room at 2am. I dont think he is a customer(maybe a friend I think) :( The staff checked the bed with lighter (It would be better if he checked with the light) and It was so scary. It only happened one night but was enough though.

Absolutely amazing hostel in the most perfect location. Would recommend doing the Big Bus tour if you're there for limited time and the water towns is a must see!

Clean room in busy area. But with the a/c running and windows closed the noise wasn't an issue. Metro station about a block away. All amenities within walking distance. Restaurant down stairs with good food. Bar on upstairs balcony.

• 31st Dec 2015

A great hostel with a great location, with an amazing adjoining restaurant at the base!

Just stayed for one night, but lucked out with good roommates and a friendly atmosphere in the rooftop bar. The rooms were very spacious, and there were only four of us in a 8-person room! Plus, there is a private bathroom in each room. Great value for such a great location!

It was nice having a private bathroom. It's more of a cheap hotel than a hostel feel. We saw cockroaches our last night there which was a bit unsettling, but the location was so amazing. Really close to so many great attractions.

Very good location. The room are very good. We booked 3 beds in a dormitory of 4 but we finished in a double room. Good for the tranquillity and the privacy. So finally a good stay in this hostel who looks like more an hotel than an hostel. I recommand this hostel to you.

Excellent rate for the services provided. Beds are a bit hard for my liking. I feel like the staff could be a little more welcoming.

I decided to go to The Phoenix considering its reviews and pictures online. Thought the staff was quite poor with customer service. Not the friendliest, and not very knowledgable of recommendations of what to do to around Shanghai. Not necessarily a bad experience, just not great. Only bad thing was the key card they provided. Mine stopped working towards the end of the day, but then I tried to use the physical card to unlock the door between the gap, and it opened the lock. Unsafe!!

• 17th Dec 2015