The Phoenix Reviews

17 Yunnan (South) road, Shanghai, China

It was an extremely nice experience of my stay with the Phoenix. Fantastic location which you can reach most of the popular attractions of Shanghai in walking distance. And only 2mins to the MRT station by foot. The hostel just finished the renovation, all the facilities in the room are brand new. Bathroom in my 8 beds dorm is clean, I've got a private locker to store my stuff. The staff are friendly and helpful, especially "Snow" at the reception. He helped me a lot. Bar on the roof is good .

• 10th May 2014
  • China

The hostel just finished rennovation so the room was totally new. Clean bathroom with hot shower. Strong wifi in room. In walking distance to Metro, People Square and local restaurants. Staff are very friendly and supportive. This is definitely our first choice in Shanghai.

Great staff, good Chinese restaurant on ground floor, I switched from single room to double and was impressed with what a little extra got!

Great location, helpful staff and recently updated rooms. We stayed during in-house renovations, which meant a bit of noise - but no major complaints. South Yunnan Road, on which the hostel is situated, is a local foodie mecca - some of the best-value eats in town, especially from the duck and dumpling place on the corner. Close to the subway and People's Square, the cultural and administrative centre, and walking distance to the Bund. There's also a restaurant and bar attached to the hostel.

This is a good hostel. Great location! Very conveniently located by the MRT and people square. The roof terrace is great to hang out and meet people. They are undergoing renovation now, but as soon as they are done this is going to be a great backpacker hostel. Staff is nice. Wifi on every floor. New bathrooms and showers are more convenient than most hostels.

Staff are very friendly and supportive. Double room is very new and comfortable. Good hot pot restaurants and local food stands are next door. 5 mins walking to People Square and shopping centers. We very much enjoyed our stay here. Highly recommended.

The hostel was very nice and Easy to get to and from by taxi and train. Roof top bar was good for drinking and breakfast as well as the resturaunt on the first floor with cheap and tasty meals. I would def Recommend and re book anytime. Thanks snow for putting up with our noise !!🍻💵

• 16th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It's hard to review this hostel as they were renovating whole floors while I was there. I think there were only a few rooms open at the time so it was very quiet. All I can say is it was clean and comfortable. The staff were nice though some of their English was poor. There's a cool bar/cafe on the rooftop. It's reasonably central, The Bund or Nanjing Rd are about a 20 minute walk each which was ok for me though there's a subway close by. I think it'd be great when it's fully finished

The staff were excellent, the management was not. There was construction work during my stay that I was not told about beforehand - no notice or announcement made before booking. The construction work was done throughout the night, including a fork lift outside my window, moving rubble all night, so that I could not sleep. I had to move rooms again, after initially moving because the internet never worked on the second floor. Was not given any compensation for lack of sleep. Very unimpressed

lacated in the middle of food street. Nearby has a number of good foodstuff.

1 2 Next » last »