The Phoenix Reviews

17 Yunnan (South) road, Shanghai, China

The location is definitely the reason I stayed here. It's very close to the metro station. It saves a lot of time for traveling. The staff speaks good English. I chose double bed room. The room was clean, but a little strange about the glass door for bathroom. People who concern privacy should take note of it. Since I was alone, it's okay for me. Overall, it's a nice stay.

Booked a 6 bedroom dorm and was put in an 8 person dorm so not a good start. Dorm room was great though, comfortable beds, clean, decent aircon, awesome ensuite, really good wifi, and huge storage lockers. Location is really good close to people's square and metro for everywhere else. Nice restaurant next to reception. Rooftop bar didn't have many people there while I was staying so atmosphere could be better.

I definitely would like to stay here if I have a chance to come to Shanghai again! I did enjoyed every minute of my staying at this hostel. Especially the view you have at the rooftop bar is just amazing so you will be able to enjoy the morning view among tall buildings while having breakfast.

Best Hostel in Shanghai!Excellent location, close to People Square and The bund is not very far. The rooftop bar is really good lots of young people. Restaurant downstairs is cheap and delicious. Staff can speak English but the staff at night doesn't. Clean Hostel with an elevater. Would go back

Fantastic location, direct the tube and walkable distance to the bund. Lots of places to eat near by also. The hostel itself was very clean and the room was quite spacious. The rooftop bar was a lovely addition, as was the giant teddy bear they have hanging out up there.

It was great staying there. A lot of nice places are even in walking distance and the train to the airport is really close which i found very handy. I slept good in the 6p dorm and i loved your roof bar!!! All in all I think the value for money is just on point.

I had a nice time in Shanghai! I would have liked the hostel offering me a map. I didn't ask though so I don't know if there were free ones anyways. If there's no it could be interesting to provide it.

A good hostel in a very good location, great for food. The hostel bunkbeds were pretty standard for any hostel but I did find them a little hard. I didn't really interact with the staff much but they seemed nice enough and spoke good English. The hostel has a roof top bar, but I was there every night and hardly anyone while I was there used it. But I guess that's not the hostels fault. But this hostel is very good value for money. So would consider staying there again.

Nice place with perfect location and excellent staff!

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Bulgaria

Great hostel in a good position for a boy like me!i was in vacation and all i needed i found! Close to people square(in the heart of shanghai) and 5 minutes on foot at the subway metrostation! Good. Andrea

I was not very impressed with my stay at the Phoenix. The staff were not helpful and did not offer any guidance on what to do in the area. The bed was uncomfortable and the bathroom was not clean when we arrived. I have been travelling Asia for 9 weeks and this hostel by far had the worst staff. I encourage the staff to buy new mattresses and become more friendly and helpful. Our stay would have been better had they had been more helpful.

• 12th Aug 2015