The Phoenix Reviews

17 Yunnan (South) road, Shanghai, China

I was on crutches with a broken foot and Mason and his main co worker during the day were patient and gave clear directions to the different activities I still wanted to find on my own via the metro. Restaurant staff were prompt and the lady driver who picked me up at the airport was very friendly and kind and was often smiling and laughing. The location is excellent, close to metro and good cheap eating and sleep quality was unexpectedly good.

Great central location, very clean, large, bright rooms (we had a standard private double with bathroom) and staff were very accommodating and helpful.

Really great location! Very helpful staff , fabulous restaurant located downstairs which was great value for money and amazing food. Rooftop bar is great, tad overpriced for budget travellers , but really lovely stay

• 22nd Apr 2015

Good hostel with a short walk to metro. Private rooms are newly renovated and are great, dorms are great also. Food drink and laundry service all expensive.

At this price you're not going to do better. great location, very nice room for this price point, very helpful staff. Minor detail is i could hear the people in the room next to me a bit, but it wasn't a problem.

Great location close to a major metro hub, and nice large, eight bed dorms. The staff, however was unfriendly and did not speak English very well.

Decent place for a fair price in a good location. Very helpful staff!

Great hostel, very central and nearby to the subway station. Staff was very friendly. The hostel has a rooftop bar with cheap cocktails.

My partner and I really enjoyed our stay in the Phoenix. The rooms were to a high standard with a great view of the tv tower and the neighborhood was very lively.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »