The Phoenix Reviews

17 Yunnan (South) road, Shanghai, China

Snow is amazing! We would not have been able to book a bunch of our train/plane tickets without his help. There was mold around the windows. Nice street with lots of fruit stalls and restaurants.

Good location and it is worth you money overall. Although there was a Chinese restaurant on the first floor and anyone can find their way up the stairs where the rooms are located.

The room was clean and the bed was fine.. but I stayed at the phoenix for two nights together with my boyfriend and the first night we couldn't sleep because of some kind of pump that made a lot of noise. This was coming from the bar according to the staff. When I went down at 3 am I was promised another room for the second night. The second night in our new room there was a big ventilator next to the window making at least as much noise as the pump the night before. I slept very badly again.

• 5th Jan 2015

Really clean facilities and rooms; excellent location; fun rooftop bar, and tasty restaurant adjacent. Only con would be it took ~30 minutes of running water to get a hot shower. Definitely will stay again when I come back to Shanghai!

• 4th Jan 2015