The Phoenix Reviews

17 Yunnan (South) road, Shanghai, China

I stayed here for 2 nights, the first night I arrived on a very delayed flight and to my surprise there was someone there and they bumped me up to a basic private room. The second night I stayed in the dorms which had awesome showers. Easily within walking distance of the Underground and M&S Shanghai.

Best hostel experience I've had in Shanghai, and I've been to a few over the last few years.

Nice place to stay in Shanghai. But the hot water in the shower took a very long time to come (almost the lenght of a whole shower !). I also encoutered a bug on the ground just before checking out but I guess that was because of the humid weather in Shanghai and the open window.

DIRTY! i happened to be sleeping during cleaning hours of my room for two of the days and each time the cleaning ladies only made the new beds. they never cleaned the bathroom and only once took out the stinking trash. the front desk staff were not helpful, they knew little about the area and at times were downright condecending. i asked for laundry, they sent me to a dry cleaning place that wanted RMB250 for a load. when i asked them to do my laundry they said it'd take 2-3 days! ridiculous!

sorry i'm not your babysitter,please grow up!

Hostel has big lockers, . It is located close to all attractions. One minute walk to Metro Station. Restaurant on premises. Many restaurants on the street to choose from. Nice roof top bar and meeting place for guests. It is clean and affordable. Every dorm room has its own western bathroom.

• 27th Nov 2014

I stayed in the deluxe private room which I chose because I read reviews on Hostelworld.com that it was more like a hotel than a hostel. I definitely agree! The room was very clean and comfortable, toiletries/towels were provided, and the staff cleaned the room each day. I left all my personal belongings such as mobile phone and money on the table which was never stolen. The staff at the rooftop bar were lovely and it was a perfect place to sit in the sun and drink coffee in the mornings.

• 26th Nov 2014

Stayed in an 8 person dorm but there were actually 9 people. Was full all 3 nights I was there. Very cramped for so many people. No decent maps at the hostel so go to yu yuan where they have tourist info centers and get maps.location excellent- walking distance to nanjing road,yu yuan mart,and the bund if you're willing to walk a bit more.metro is around the corner. Cleanliness is decent-buy toilet paper in case there's none.you need your own tissues around china.restaurant downstairs is decent.

Really good location, really clean room, helpful staff and good for the money.

Really liked this hostel, great location, lovely roof top bar and fantastic showers.

Stayed at a twin private room. Very clean and new. But I didn't like the see-through toilet and thin wall which makes less privacy.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »