The Phoenix Reviews

17 Yunnan (South) road, Shanghai, China

Really helpful bar staff. The new rooms are very nice and the old rooms are still great. I made two reservations here. Great location and lots of restaurants near by. Night bus from Hongqiao airport stops next to the hostel and the hostel is also close to Dashijie metro station.

The room is really clean, and the inside of the hostel looks like a hotel ... The location is pretty nice because the subway station is pretty close and you can get everywhere really fast ... I really recommend this place!!! The only thing that bothered me was all the noise in the morning, it woke me up at around 7 i think because of the refurnishing your making .. Everything else was ok..

I stayed on the second floor, which was overrun with cockroaches, and had a strong odor of mold, rot, and who knows what. When I complained about the cockroaches, which kept me from going to SLEEP, I was told that there was nothing they could do, and that all of China has cockroaches. I will never go back to that disgusting place.

• 20th Jun 2014