The Pickled Frog Reviews

281 Liverpool St, Tasmania, Hobart, Australia

The staff at the Frog are incredible. They're really friendly, helpful, and easy to talk to. They offer so many excursions and advice on traveling Tasmania. The atmosphere is great and its really easy to meet people to travel around the island with. One of my favorite hostels I've ever stayed at.

Enjoyed my stay, comfy bed, good atmosphere, lots of social areas.

Great hostel! I really enjoyed my stay at The Pickled Frog. Perfect if you are travelling alone- I found it easy to make friends. I loved the coffee/ beer bar and there are lots of places to hang out.

The direction to the kitchen is unclear. Overall, however, I had a good stay as there were free tours, and the location was great!

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Singapore

Very noisy other hostel users need to consider other that stay. The amenities need cleaning. I stayed here a couple of years ago it was much better.

The Pickled Frog is what you dream a hostel to be before you start travelling. Lot's of people who become friends, lots of activities, lots of fun and a general live and let live attitude. Loved staying there. Great kitchen, cool showers and graffiti art. The free transport to MONA and the wildlife park was a blessing. Super close to the bus station. Also the resident dogs are like real life teddy bears, incredibly cute!

It was a really cool place to stay. Everyone is excited to be there and very social.

cool atmosphere. bar, hammocks, pool table and DVD/TV lounge all great facilities. would stay again!

When! the staff is cleaning the rooms, you should tell people (doesn't matter who long the stay) they can't throw their staff everywhere. We couldn't even open the door when we arrived. This hostel have a parking area (around 10 paces) but the give everybody a pass to stay there. So if you come back from a trip it is not sure that you can get your spot again.

I love the firework, ghitar and singing time in the evening of the backpackers around lounge. I stayed there 5 days and I absolutely loved the cosy atmosphere and friendly people. The free trips are a saving on my travel budget. Coffee and drink were cheaper than anywhere else. However, the building and facilities are old. In general, I still highly recommend this place to any travelers who like to have free tours and meet interesting people along the way.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Vietnam

Kitchen is far too small for the size of the hostel, and is always very dirty. We stayed for three nights and had to eat out every night. They also advertise a car park, but again is far too small for the size of the hostel and we only managed to get a space once. The toilets are horrible and dirty. We booked a double room and were given a bunk bed. When we arrived a female member of staff told us to wait for the other member of staff to check us in, as she couldn't be bothered to do it.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Great place with a nice atmosphere and helpful staff, well located near the CBD and buses. Room was on the small side but adequate, and there was just the odd occasion where floors and washrooms could have been a wee bit cleaner, but overall it was absolutely fine. Recommended!

Great atmosphere, really cool hostel!

Everything is great here. One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Dorms quiet at night for sleeping. Good social common area. Good location. Clean place. Nothing I don't like about it.

The Pickled Frog was really great. It's very cozy and nice. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Free wifi and free trips to Mt Wellington and a few other places are a big plus. Nice selection of very cheap drinks. Really nice atmosphere. I loved my stay here! I highly recommend it!

I had a great stay, it has a great dual kind of style/atmosphere with a great little bar area at the front and a homely type area round the back. So I could feel happy if in the mood for tea and reading or for a beer and a chat. I felt comfortable and the staff were lovely.

• 19th Sep 2014

The hostel was good, but there were not many people. Only a couple of older Asian people and no other backpackers. Therefor the atmosfere is poor. But I think when you are in high season with a lot of backpackers, than it's so much better. All the other things were really good!

The Pickled Frog is a great base for a trip to Hobart. It's centrally located, just a few minutes walk from the town centre shops, restaurants and the harbour. The bus station is also just a 5 minute walk away, with easy access to the airport. The twin room itself was perfectly fine with comfy beds and a sink. The common room is large with comfy couches and lots of DVDs to use. It was a little noisy one of the nights, but overall a good experience.

We enjoyed out stay there. The doors are not the best for keeping out the sound, I'd recommend ear plugs. The bathrooms weren't the best in the world but they were grand.

• 11th Sep 2014

The hostel is a old building so bare that in mine that its cold and not that clean but as far as atmosphere/staff this is the place to go! Very cosy hostel with a fireplace and beanbags ...perfect way to chill in the sleepy town that is Hobart. Hostel also does free shuttle bus to Mt Wellington which is a most do! Perfect views of the whole city.