The Pickled Frog Reviews

281 Liverpool St, Tasmania, Hobart, Australia

I had the most amazing week in Tas and it was all because of this hostel and the resources it provided to me. It was so welcoming. amazing atmosphere to make new friends, share meals, laughs and make memories. The kitchen was fantastic, which saves me so much money on food. The staff was so helpful and fun. They organized so many activities for us to do and provided so much information about what Tas had to offer. They even had camping stuff for us to use. Love you all! PickledFrog4lyfe

Good hostel to stay. Friendly staff

• 3rd Feb 2016

The hostel has a shabby chic look and a lively vibe suitable for young travellers. The room we stayed in was paper thing though and it was noisy at night so light sleepers might want to reconsider.

In a good location and within walking distance of many areas of Hobart. Staff were friendly and helpful. Good atmosphere in the communal area with a TV and pool table. Bedroom was a bit smelly and the beds squeaked a lot. Bathrooms need more than just one sink.

A nice enough place but aimed at the younger traveller.

Jess was amazing

The hostel was fine, if a little chaotic due to Australia Day. Unfortunately even though I inquired about getting picked up early for a tour the next morning the staff didn't tell me that reception didn't open till 8 so I didn' t get my key deposit back.

Cool place, big kitchen, only odd thing was

- install a cooker - more information about tours. As I only realised there was a chocolate factory on the last day.

Small room, no locker,

If the men's sink isn't going to be fixed, please at least put a sign up so people don't use the cold tap and spill water all over the floor.

Sometimes you're lucky with where you stay, sometimes you're lucky with who you meet. I was lucky with both. The hostel has free wifi, that actually works, a decent (if sometimes busy) kitchen, and lovely people staying there. They have free trips to Mount Wellington and MONA and the staff are really friendly and helpful. Big shout out to the guy with the headband and yoyo - the stories were great!

• 12th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

Such a sick hostel, excellent people, great location and most important of all a cheap bar. :) cheers guys!

We really enjoyed our stay here. Private rooms have a very good value for the money. Relaxed atmosphere. Super friendly staff. Great free shuttle bus offers.

We have travelled around the world and stayed in plenty of hostels. The Pickled Frog was one of the dirtiest we have seen. Our room was super tiny and the window opened into a wall so there was no air coming in even with opened door. Clean sheets were provided but no clean duvet cover (we were told these were already changed but they seemed dirty). The staff was not pleasant/helpful - no smile or welcome. The location is good - close to the port and CBD. Facilities are great.

a bit too shabby for my taste, but it has everything you need. nice staff, bright bathrooms with windows. the private room had a bunk and could not be ventilated properly. the price was fair.

Big hostel, the common areas were super busy in the evenings! Overall it's a good hostel, great facilities and friendly staff. It's an easy walk into the centre of Hobart. I think they could do with a few more sinks in the bathroom (just one in the girls bathroom for the whole floor!) Not many plugs available in the rooms but plenty in the common rooms.

What a great place with very kind and helpful staff. If you visit Hobart and you're going to stay in a hostel, The Pickled Frog is choice, is a must! You won't regret. ;-)

The lack of door to both the female and male bathrooms meant that noise levels were ridiculous at all hours throughout the second floor! Sheets were clean but stained. The bar at reception was great as were the staff. However this is a very noisy hostel and the beds are not comfortable.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff is friendly and cool and the common room is very good. I definitely recommend this hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4