The Pickled Frog Reviews

281 Liverpool St, Tasmania, Hobart, Australia

Atmosphere was amazing staff were friendly but rooms very cold not clean and freezing heater didnt work.

• 27th Aug 2015

Hi there, thanks for your kind words. Sorry if you had issues with the heater in your room - If you'd let us know we could've shown you how to use it. We hope your travels are going well :)

It was a good experience. I was only here for two nights. Staff were respectful. My roommates were good. The kitchen could use some work.

Stayed for two nights, great hostel, awesome staff, really warm and welcoming. Thanks off the great stay. Gemma

The hostel was artistic and good atmosphere and every one really friendly!!!! There was good friendly kind staff and warm room!!! Also it's good location!!!!

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Japan

Amazing place, would totally recommend it Excellent staff, very friendly

I could not recommend this hostel enough. The atmosphere is brilliant - everyone makes you feel super welcome. I even extended my stay after the first week. The trips organised by the hostel are really helpful esp if you only have a few days to play with. Cosy fire, places to read, nice people to chat to and plenty of pool. Could use a proper door on the bathroom & more sinks. 'The guy with the bandana' (commonly known as Sam, is a great host. Can't roast marshmallows though! :D will be back!!

Rooms next to showers super noisy, esp. early in the morning. Very annoying particularly after a 'big' night. Install a bathroom door! Nice hostel, but I doubt I'll stay there again anytime soon. I value being able to sleep in when on holiday.

• 29th Jul 2015

Really nice staff :) just super noisy downstairs if you are sleeping upstairs can hear conversations as staff have guests over when the bar closes. the walls are way to thin, could here guests getting up to some hanky panky my room hadn't been cleaned as there was still rubblish under the bed and condoms in the bin, yew! but all and all great place :)

Guy on reception with curly hair and bandana was nice

Great hostel.. id stay again.

Amazing staff top down. Made me feel welcome and very interesting and helpful

• 15th Jul 2015

Staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. They're really trying to provide a nice atmosphere. We didn't take any of the tours, but they sound like a great option.

cool hostel, cleanliness could be better. perfect for a couple of nights though. beds are very very squeaky! we enjoyed the pool table and the cheap beers

• 10th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The dude with the curly hair and bandana was awesome: friendly, informed, patient, helpful. He and the Frog made my stay in Tasmania a great introduction to Aussies and Auss.

Very enjoyable stay. Would certainly recommend. Totally chilled out atmosphere. The tours are what sold the hostel to me. Did the Mt Wellington one and really enjoyed it. The bar closes pretty early though.

This hostel was great! The staff were super friendly and it was the perfect environment for meeting fellow travellers :-) There was lots of space to hang out, either with a book, in front of the tv, next to the fire or even with a game of pool or foosball. While the security was a bit limited, I never felt that it was a concern. I would highly recommend staying at the Pickled Frog!!

Staff is AWESOME! Very nice and helpful. Gave great suggestions to tourist on things to do. The hostel's atmosphere is really fun, most guests were social and keen to hang out.

USA! USA! USA! Thanks for the cracking review! :) We can't wait to have you back if you're ever down in Tassie again...

Really enjoyed using this place as a base for exploring Tassie. The staff were awesome and very friendly and, if I could have, I would have stayed a lot longer! Much love Billy!

Billy! Awesome review mate! What a legend you are! Hope the travels are going well cobber - much love, Team Frog

Awesome place! All of Staff are very kind! and helpful:)

• 17th May 2015
  • South Korea

Good hostel but just needed to be warmer as it was pretty cold throughout!