The Pickled Frog Reviews

281 Liverpool St, Tasmania, Hobart, Australia

great hostel, the way you expect it to be

Very good customer service- we had some problems before we checked in but staff went above and beyond to rectify these issues. Free wifi was intermittent at certain times but when it worked it was excellent and you could receive a wifi signal throughout the hostel. There is a nice bar in the lobby with good value beverages. Kitchen had everything you would need including rice cookers, microwave, toaster, blender and mochas. Lots of power ports both in the 3 bed dorm and in the common areas

• 23rd Jan 2015

Spacious communal areas, bit scruffy but generally clean

A warm hostel in Hobart, staff were friendly.

Had 2 stays here

The Pickled Frog is conveniently located, with fun wall paintings everywhere. Kitchen is spacious with enough fridges (though someone stole, but that's nice fellow backpackers...), also gets cleaned at least once a day. Showers are spacious and clean. There's plenty of space in common areas and even a TV corner, and the staff is helpful with everything. Some mould at the bathroom walls/ceiling or dust on lamps could do some cleaning though. Wifi is fast enough and available.

Hi, thanks very much for taking time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear you had a good stay with us and we'll be sure to get onto the dusting...

NIce hostel. Was unsure why some mattresses were on the floor in some rooms. I guess it may have just been a busy time of year or them.

Hi mate, "nice hostel" cheers - nice review. Yeah, the mattress on the floor was a very temporary thing for a couple of nights to help out some guest who had forgotten to extend their stay when we were full, sorry about that little bit of randomness. I hope everything else was OK...

Good hostel

The room was not big enough for 4 people and their gear. The room and bathroom was extremely basic, like the bedroom the bathroom had little room and not shelving and few hooks to put toiletries. The kitchen had exceptionally little cutlery and that's putting it nicely. It was a friendly welcoming place though.

Thanks for your very concise review. We're not sure what you mean by a basic bathroom (it has sinks, toilets, hot showers etc but we'll do our best to make it more exciting and less basic.) You'll also be happy to know we have re-stocked the cutlery :)

Just a good old fashion backpacker. We just loved it !

Hey hey, thanks for taking time to leave us a review - we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here :) "a good old fashion backpacker" - maybe that could be our new motto?

Awesome atmosphere with many friendly travelers hanging around the many lounge/dining rooms, so it's easy to make friends. Clean rooms and bathrooms and very friendly staff. Only downside is limited carpark spaces so makes it hard if you want to sleep in as on-street parking is free only up to 8am.

What a legend! Thanks so much for the review mate - we're stoked you had such a good stay with us. We hope the travels are going well...

The staff are great at "the pickled frog". Super happy to help with info on local events and walking tours. The best source of info for anything local next to the airport transfer guy!

• 20th Dec 2014

Thanks heaps for the great review! It's good to hear our staff are continuing to look after our lovely guests so well :) Thanks again!

I booked 2 beds in a mixed dorm. When we arrived we were informed that we had been moved into a female dorm by the hostel staff as they assumed that we were both female as i booked it. They didnt check with us before moving us. There was no other rooms available. We had to stay in seperate rooms. The male dorm was full of backpackers who were doing regional work and were clearly there for a long time. The room was beyond a mess. We were due to stay a second night but canceled.

Hi, we are so sorry to hear that your experience with us turned out like this :( I think the staff member that moved you into the Female dorm was trying to keep some other guests together and unfortunately ended up like this. We are also very sorry about the state of the room - since your stay we have moved these guys onto another hostel as the mess they were leaving was just ridiculous! If you are in Hobart again we would love to try and make it up to you. Safe travels - Team Frog

Friendly, full of facilities, clean and in good point in Hobart. I think the best hostel in the city. I will go back because i liked nearly every things. We will see you again.

The bathrooms are really basic and too small.

• 12th Dec 2014

The staff at the Frog are incredible. They're really friendly, helpful, and easy to talk to. They offer so many excursions and advice on traveling Tasmania. The atmosphere is great and its really easy to meet people to travel around the island with. One of my favorite hostels I've ever stayed at.

Enjoyed my stay, comfy bed, good atmosphere, lots of social areas.

Great hostel! I really enjoyed my stay at The Pickled Frog. Perfect if you are travelling alone- I found it easy to make friends. I loved the coffee/ beer bar and there are lots of places to hang out.

The direction to the kitchen is unclear. Overall, however, I had a good stay as there were free tours, and the location was great!

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Singapore

Very noisy other hostel users need to consider other that stay. The amenities need cleaning. I stayed here a couple of years ago it was much better.

« first « Prev 1 2 3