The Pickled Frog Reviews

281 Liverpool St, Tasmania, Hobart, Australia

Really nice staff :) just super noisy downstairs if you are sleeping upstairs can hear conversations as staff have guests over when the bar closes. the walls are way to thin, could here guests getting up to some hanky panky my room hadn't been cleaned as there was still rubblish under the bed and condoms in the bin, yew! but all and all great place :)

Guy on reception with curly hair and bandana was nice

Amazing staff top down. Made me feel welcome and very interesting and helpful

• 15th Jul 2015

cool hostel, cleanliness could be better. perfect for a couple of nights though. beds are very very squeaky! we enjoyed the pool table and the cheap beers

• 10th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The dude with the curly hair and bandana was awesome: friendly, informed, patient, helpful. He and the Frog made my stay in Tasmania a great introduction to Aussies and Auss.

Very enjoyable stay. Would certainly recommend. Totally chilled out atmosphere. The tours are what sold the hostel to me. Did the Mt Wellington one and really enjoyed it. The bar closes pretty early though.

This hostel was great! The staff were super friendly and it was the perfect environment for meeting fellow travellers :-) There was lots of space to hang out, either with a book, in front of the tv, next to the fire or even with a game of pool or foosball. While the security was a bit limited, I never felt that it was a concern. I would highly recommend staying at the Pickled Frog!!

Staff is AWESOME! Very nice and helpful. Gave great suggestions to tourist on things to do. The hostel's atmosphere is really fun, most guests were social and keen to hang out.

Really enjoyed using this place as a base for exploring Tassie. The staff were awesome and very friendly and, if I could have, I would have stayed a lot longer! Much love Billy!

Awesome place! All of Staff are very kind! and helpful:)

• 17th May 2015
  • South Korea

Good hostel but just needed to be warmer as it was pretty cold throughout!

We stayed in one of the private apartments. Although the staff was kind the suite was dusty and full of spiders. The heater in the room was not enough to keep us comfortable during the night. The positive aspect of the hostel was the free rides to Mt. Wellington and MONA that were pretty useful for us.

• 15th May 2015
  • Ecuador

Firstly we have to say a big thanks to Jim, Emma and Sam and of course the resident wolves. We actually extended our stay here twice, the atmosphere is something we haven't quite found in other hostels we have stayed in it feels more like an extended family. All the guests were friendly and chatty, the log fires were a warm welcome, we arrived as Tas was heading in to winter so bonus! The trip to Mt Wellington is a must do and its free! PS. Emma's mum makes the best raspberry brownies! =)

Follow blog link below for full review. This hostel just knows how to hostel. If you are going to Tas, you should stay here. If you aren't going to Tas, change your plans and stay here. Accommodations are cozy, WiFi is good, and people are better. They arrange a few trips with the hostel, just make sure to sign up ahead of time. They have a bar and make COFFEE. Did I mention there are dogs? Dogs that don't GAF, so they aren't in anybody's business. Was sad to leave. http://wp.me/p6eWQf-2k

Staff really friendly, the free bus trips is a big plus. Nice hostel

Had a great time, free shuttle up Mt Wellington was an added bonus. The driver, Tod is very informative & clearly loves the area he lives in, and shared his passion very well.

• 3rd May 2015

Enjoyed the open fires - helped create a good atmosphere. Big kitchen, lots of sitting areas - a very spacious hostel. Thought hostel was a little grubby - my dorm wasn't cleaned for several days. And the long term guests are a messy lot. Showers are very basic. Dripping/running taps everywhere - not a good message for water conservation. The owner was very friendly: & the more permanent staff were helpful. Courtesy bus up to summit of Mount Wellington, the Mona Museum & a wildlife park.

Great place. Love the atmosphere. Well run hostel. Thanks

• 26th Apr 2015

Thanks for the review! Safe travel now....

The Pickled Frog was great! So were the staff and location. Everything was easy to walk to. Staff was super friendly. I will definitely be staying there again when I visit Tassie.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Great atmosphere, friendly staff, reliable fast wifi, good kitchen facilities, loads of comfy sofas! Free Mt Wellington trip was nice too.

What a beautiful review - thanks so much for your kind words and your honesty ;) We're very very happy you had such a good stay with us. Cheers, Team Frog