The Pickled Frog Reviews

281 Liverpool St, Tasmania, Hobart, Australia

I loved my stay at the Frog! I was unfortunately sick much of my stay there, which meant I hung out in the hostel a lot, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Awesome hostel to lounge about in.

Super friendly receptionists & lively common area.

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

My stay at the pickled frog was pleasant. Good location, excellent staff and one of the cleaner hostels i've stayed in so far. Free shuttles to Mt. Wellington, wildlife park and MONA museum. Could be improved by installing an oven in the kitchen, and lockers in the dormrooms.

I just feel their bathroom is quite unreasonable, with a tiny mirrior, everymorning in front of the mirrior there become crowded, girls all need to wait

Free bus journey to some of the parks/museums is a huge sway when picking accommodation

Very friendly staff, free shuttles to the main attractions of the city.

Staff were welcoming and helpful, knowledgable of local attractions.

• 21st Nov 2015

Pros - Good location at Liverpool St which is walking distance to the Airport shuttle transit office .. A no. of eating joints nearby. Free transport to Mt Wellington & Oborong Wildlife Scantuary Park & MONA. Cons Toilet cubicles have no hangers to hang yr pants when doing big business. At one stage, there were no toilet papers in the 3 cubicles & everyone was complaining. Housekeeping staff should be more diligent in their work.

• 19th Nov 2015
  • Singapore

Staff were super friendly and always nice to have a chat with! All the facilities were fine and there was enough for the size of the hostel. only thing I can complain about is the walls in the men's showers seem a bit grubby ( they are sheet metal so I'm not sure if they look like even when cleaned) and there is only one sink in the men's toilets. This can be annoying if there isn't one in your room as there is usually someone else using it when you want to.

I had a great stay at the Pickled Frog. The staff very friendly and helpful I used the free service to attend the MONA. There was lots of communal space which was comfy & homely & a chilled out vibe. A couple of the unique selling points I liked about the hostel were the resident wolf dogs and the 'street art' decoration of the hallways, kitchen and laundry areas. The free wifi connection was good and the dorm was comfy, although storage space a bit limited. Would love to go back.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in, in over 30 years of traveling and visiting backpackers all over the world. Wonderful staff, great facilities,location etc. Only wish we could have stayed longer

• 9th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

Very comfortable and well equipped hostel. Staff very helpful. Good free wifi. I would recommend this hostel and would certainly stay here again.

Very nice place to stay. Especially liked the common areas.

Great staff, squeaky arse bed frame, great atmosphere. Would definitely stay again.

Safe to say this is my favorite hostel in all of Australia!

• 5th Nov 2015

This place has a great atmosphere, full of young people, spacious kitchen. The furniture is a bit shabby but you get what you pay. The location is a big plus too.

• 3rd Nov 2015
  • Czech Republic

Pros: Great location, staff, free tours & free WiFi. It got chilly during my stay & they lit the fireplace which made it very cozy. Cons: The room stank of body odor but that's may be more the fault of my dorm mates than of the hostel. Maybe add some air fresheners? Also the housekeeping staff seemed to always be cleaning the kitchen during mealtimes. I love a clean kitchen but probably not a good idea to mop in there when a ton of people moving with hot pans & sharp knives. Overall great!!

Quite a cool little hostel.

I really enjoyed my stay here, ending up checking in for longer! My only complaint would be more sinks needed in the girl's bathroom upstairs.

• 30th Oct 2015

Left a lot to be desired, only one sheet for the bed(which squeaked horribly). Random left over disgusting items from previous occupants, and just a general old past its used by building and interior. It was not a bright cheerful welcoming backpackers like I'm generally used to, however the location is handy and the staff are brilliant

• 27th Oct 2015