The Pickled Frog Reviews

281 Liverpool St, Tasmania, Hobart, Australia

We stayed in the 12 bed dorm, only for 1 night. If we had been in Hobart longer, I definitely would have stayed longer. Very cozy.

Great hostel for Hobart!

Awesome backpackers

Grenat staff and cosy atmosphere due to the chimneys.

We had a very good experience at pickled frog. Staff was helpful. Room was okay. Would be nicer if there is free breakfast.

Great place, would definitely return if Im back in hobart

• 26th Apr 2014

It was one of the most confortable and familiar ambient hostel that I've been. Very nice environment.

• 24th Apr 2014

The Pickled Frog is a amazing hostel which gives you a feeling of warm home! The staff is very helpful & kind, we all received a warm welcome.

Fantastic place to stay. The friendly attitude of the staff really rubs off on all guests. Everyone was friendly

Nice place to stay, it's very close to city centre and everything you need. Rooms are reasonably clean but a bit small. There is a lovely cafe/bar with a beautiful fire place, pool table, theatre room etc. staff were very helpful and friendly. I'll stay again

You should really do something about the Cold in the rooms- either put a heater inside the rooms or at least seal the big crack in the window (room #2)... Other then that I really enjoyed my stay- good location, really friendly staff, cozy atmosphere and the dog/wolf is beatiful

I really enjoyed my stay at the pickled frog. It had a welcoming atmosphere and it was very comfortable there. Staff were also very friendly and accommodating.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Too bad had to leave earlier than scheduled... Nice place to stay... Accessible to necessities...

The staff are always cheerful and welcome your question. I like the free tours to guide us around Tasmania too. As a tourist who want to relax, Pickled Frog told everyone to follow rule which is slience after 1030. That is really Good. I like it.

Main room very dark. Need a key to get in the rooms, but it's tricky and most people can't open the door. As a result, my room stayed opened all night, which would have been ok if some guys hadn't decided to play pool and talk loudly at 3am...

Nice retreat in the middle of Hobart. Clean and tidy facilieties + friendly staff make it worth it to stay here!

• 10th Apr 2014

This is a great hostel located smack dab in the middle of downtown Hobart, a 10 or 15 minute walk from Salamanca Markets and close to Battery Point. The staff is incredibly helpful and informative, and they also offer free shuttle rides to MONA and Mt. Wellington, depending on the day of the week. This is a pretty incredible offer and can save you quite a bit of money! The only downsides: there aren't any lockers, and the kitchen can get quite crowded at certain points.

Very convenient, since they have excellent tours available for free. That really made all the difference!

• 8th Apr 2014

We enjoyed our three day stay, except for a few things: Not enough amenities (toilets, showers, wash basins) for the number of people booked in. There was no waste basket in our room, mirror or place to hang clothes other than hooks in the wall. Other than that, we would recommend the 'Frog' to most travelers.

Great staff and it's not too far from the city centre. A good selection of bottled beer and coffee is available at the bar.