The Pirate Haus Hostel Reviews

32 1/2 Treasury Street, St. Augustine Florida, St Augustine, USA

AWESOME. Staff was really nice. Location doesn't get better. For $25 per night you can't go wrong with staying here. Free breakfast every morning as well as coffee and tea! The only problem is the parking. Unless you get a private room you have to park a few blocks away- like a ten minute walk from the hostel.

• 26th Jun 2015

Great location and fun atmosphere! Met some fun people there and loved the free all you can eat pancakes. The owner is a real nice guy. Only one concern. There was only one accessible bathroom for 8 people in the dorm. Would have been nice to have access to another toilet while we were there. Overall, a great stay and worth the price.

• 20th Jun 2015

Great place

Easily one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! The facilities were really good and the team were beyond amazing, they alone made my stay worth it. The pirate theme was also a very cool touch.

• 26th May 2015

Best hostel at the east coast!!! I had such a good time there! Very familiar atmosphere! All I can say is: awesome!!!!!!

Thank you for your review!

Amazing, great service, great pancakes, great owner and staff. Loved my entire stay there.

• 24th Apr 2015

Very friendly and easy going location!

Breakfast was supposed to be at 7:30, but the staff showed up late, so no breakfast before 8:00. Normally I would so no big deal, but I had to drive somewhere else that day and thus kissed he breakfast completely. :-(

• 11th Mar 2015

There was a relaxed friendliness from both the proprieters and the guests. After prolonged wandering, it was nice to find a place I felt so comfortable.

Excelent hostel, personal very nice, walking distance from grayhound bus stop....great pancakes!!

Very good stay. Pancake breakfast was awesome!

One foreigner made me feel very funny akward with making me like her (that's on me), the facility was very clean, bias towards nonforeigners from one non foreign staff person in particular, ranted and raved about how Naui sucks as a dive program, after I explained that I had been certified by them, scoffed slightly at other stuff I said, not a big deal, mild annoyance

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

This person made all the other guests feel uneasy. As a result he was asked to move on and has been banned by both hostels in St. Augustine.

I really enjoyed my stay at this wonderful hostel/bed and breakfast! Conrad and the rest of the staff were very lovely and helpful! Conrad even offered his personal pay card to pay for my parking meter (which I declined). The location is great and so was the breakfast! The pirate pancakes go well with and are as entertaining as the overall pirate theme if this place. I would definitively stay here again!!

Very well located right in the historic district of St Augustine. Very nice staff, good atmosphere also. You can meet people easily. Good breakfast with all you can eat pancakes.

We were turned away because my son is 11 yrs. old and went with Father. I totally don't understand it the pictures on the interenet is very misleading. Having kids all over the place. But, We were turned away....very disappointed.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • American Samoa

We loved the Pirate Haus; twas a really fun, cosy hostel in a great location. We got a lovely friendly welcome, lots of tips and local knowledge imparted, a nice spacious dorm room and a fab pancake breakfast cooked for us by the lovely Dennis. Only minor concerns: Door on the dorm didn't lock + no lockers but were assured that neighbourhood was very safe and was usually a staff member about so not too worried. A few minor maintainence issues; use a wrench to flush the loo - no big thing.

We've fixed the loo and the door lock.

Love this place! Awesome location in the middle of the city and bonus: pancakes for breakfast every morning! Short walk to everything fun. Great staff. Cheap. Awesome.

• 23rd May 2014

Very mellow place with friendly staff. Great spot to stay close to the action.

The pancake breakfast is delicious and the guys who run this place are so lovely!

The women's dorm was recently renovated and it was clean and attractive and comfortable. The staff is always helpful and customer oriented. The pancakes and coffee are great! My 2 suggestions for what would make this hostel excellent across the board --- a more welcoming sitting room and a happier staff.

• 23rd Feb 2014