The Pirate Haus Inn and Hostel Reviews

32 Treasury Street, St. Augustine Florida, St Augustine, USA

I really enjoyed my stay at this wonderful hostel/bed and breakfast! Conrad and the rest of the staff were very lovely and helpful! Conrad even offered his personal pay card to pay for my parking meter (which I declined). The location is great and so was the breakfast! The pirate pancakes go well with and are as entertaining as the overall pirate theme if this place. I would definitively stay here again!!

Very well located right in the historic district of St Augustine. Very nice staff, good atmosphere also. You can meet people easily. Good breakfast with all you can eat pancakes.

We were turned away because my son is 11 yrs. old and went with Father. I totally don't understand it the pictures on the interenet is very misleading. Having kids all over the place. But, We were turned away....very disappointed.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • American Samoa

We loved the Pirate Haus; twas a really fun, cosy hostel in a great location. We got a lovely friendly welcome, lots of tips and local knowledge imparted, a nice spacious dorm room and a fab pancake breakfast cooked for us by the lovely Dennis. Only minor concerns: Door on the dorm didn't lock + no lockers but were assured that neighbourhood was very safe and was usually a staff member about so not too worried. A few minor maintainence issues; use a wrench to flush the loo - no big thing.

We've fixed the loo and the door lock.

Love this place! Awesome location in the middle of the city and bonus: pancakes for breakfast every morning! Short walk to everything fun. Great staff. Cheap. Awesome.

• 23rd May 2014

Very mellow place with friendly staff. Great spot to stay close to the action.

The pancake breakfast is delicious and the guys who run this place are so lovely!

The women's dorm was recently renovated and it was clean and attractive and comfortable. The staff is always helpful and customer oriented. The pancakes and coffee are great! My 2 suggestions for what would make this hostel excellent across the board --- a more welcoming sitting room and a happier staff.

• 23rd Feb 2014

Dennis, the pancake chef is a great guy. Conrad the owner was very accommodating. Michael is an excellent office manager and a cool guy. The Pirate crew is a great group of people, and their establishment is family friendly also. That's rare in hostels. They do go above and beyond to be accommodating and they genuinely care about their guests. You will NOT beat their price or service. They treat you like family. I would definitely return for another stay....hands down. Give them a try!!!

• 11th Feb 2014

Great breakfast!

• 29th Nov 2013

highly recommend this hostel. It's worth staying here to feel the small but cute St Augustine. The staff rock! They know everything and even walk guests around when they are not busy. would be back some day.

The place and the staff are great, no complaints at all, just DO NOT come here if your a young solo traveller, looking to make new friends. when I stayed here, there were 3 other guests, no one of a similar age, and very few places to drink even if I met people. So basically, if your here with family or something it's great, if your like me. AVOID. The deadest place u stayed in America

Yeah, st. Augustine is not the party disco place that Miami or New york is. But this is a college town, so if you're willing to go out and meet younger folks, they're out there! But they're local, therefore they don't stay at the hostel.

This is my favorite hostel in the world and each time I stay it just gets better!

• 14th Aug 2013

Hey! Thanks for that! We try our best!

Wonderful staff, cooks you pancakes with your name on them for breakfast! Only one bathroom which is a little frustrating so if the hostel was actually full it would be more difficult. The person who checked me in was a little strange/rude but everyone else was really great and accommodating. Ideal for single travelers or families.

The hostility amongst the staff was palpable, making for an awkward stay at times. Excellent location and great pancakes for brekky!

The Conrad is the best.

This was my second time staying there. A short visit this time, but it still had all the character and quality I remember from 10 years ago. A must stay in St. Augustine.

The Pirate Haus is everything I think a hostel should be : a homy place that connects people. Dorms are comfy and clean, the location is great and on top of that the staff is excellent : John the manager was really helpful and I enjoyed chatting and spending some time with him, and Denis the man who cooks pancakes with your name on them is the kindest person on earth!

The best hostel and the nicest staff in Florida. I was sad that I had to leave...

The rooms smelled and we had only one bathroom for 10 people (women have to share the bathroom with the staff). More important, the staff on duty was very rude to us. I thought we paid to much (according to our mail we should still pay $90 and he charged $100). He didn't even took effort too look at the email and didn't listen to us. At one point he just said we should leave or otherwise he would charge us another hour. I was never treated so rude.

Sorry hoor, ik ben de eingenaar maar ik ben niet thuis. You only had to pay $90, plus the tax which comes out to 100. so 18.18 x 5 =90,90 x 1.1 (10% tax) comes to 99.99 . I challenge you to find a better value with our location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4