The Pit Stop Hostel Reviews

Cra 43e, No 5 -110, Patio Bonito, Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

Wasn't the best hostel I had in Medellín. You should go some place else closer to Parque Las lleras. The mood wasn't that good either, better atmosphere in other hostels

One of the best hostels I stayed in in Colombia!

• 21st Aug 2014

The nights ricardo was on the bar were excellent fun. Beds were comfy but mine was missing a ladder one night. Lots of the power outlets didn't work in the rooms.

I enjoy this hostel, it has good clean accomodation and a great outdoor entailing area. The staff in my opinion were helpful, but a touch short at times. However I always got what I required so no problems there. I don't like the midnight cutoff for use of the entertaining areas. There were many nights I just wanted to sit and talk with other travellers and was unable to do so.

Fantastic location and atmosphere. There is a pool, hammocks, bar and movie room. The rooms are ok.

Generally the hostel was good. Rooms were good, everything was clean. There is a very nice bar and often a lot of people there. My only complaint, and this has to be the most bizzare thing that has happened to me at a hostel. After arriving before 6am, checking in an putting my bag in storage, I went to sleep on a couch in the TV room. After 40 mins the guy from reception came in, woke me up and said 'you're not allowed to sleep on the couches, it's in the rules, don't do it again.'

Booked for 3 people for two nights and they lost our reservation and were full. Not only that, but they couldn't have been more rude to me. Monica at reception didn't seem to care at all that they had screwed up, refused to give me my deposit back, and laughed at my name repeatedly! Insanely rude, especially in comparison to the friendly people of Medellin! Would not recommend this hostel, stay at casa kiwi or geo hostel instead.

Nice place, just really frustrated we were forced to pay for an extra night for late check out. We had moved out of the room before the deadline and were just waiting for the bus. They wouldn't even agree on a smaller late check out charge as the beds were free all along. Nowhere in their hostel rules did it say anything about that being their system. Just a bit of a shame really

Arrived in a taxi from the airport to find that Pit Stop had overbooked and our reservation that we'd made 8 days prior wouldn't be honoured. The gentleman behind the front desk offered no solutions. Very disappointed, in the very least he could have bought us a drink while we searched for another hostel. I would absolutely not book here again.

I had a great time at the pitstop!! Everything was super easy, safe, clean and chill. The hostel had everything from a great pool to pingpong, a pool table in the bar, full equipped kitchen and a movie room. I couldn't have been more comfortable. The staff was helpful and kind as well. Only thing was there are a lot of rules.... The bar closes at 12 and you get kicked out immediately. you cant even hangout in the court yard. you either have to leave or go to bed.

A very good hostel. The swim pool and pool table are great. You can play soccer in a small "fied". Very funny place

Stayed for 4 nights and had a good stay overall. The pool and bar are definitely a big plus. Only thing i'd like to see improve at the hostel is the restrooms.

• 9th Apr 2014