The Place in Rome Reviews

via Macao 9, Rome, Italy

Very pleasant stay and welcoming! The free breakfast was delicious, the staff was very helpful (Nina and Giorgio) alot of tips and advice around Rome. However, the air con needed maintenance as it was not cool. Hot water from the shower did not run for 10 mins after turning it on. 5-10 mins walk from Termini station, lots of restaurant nearby and a supermarket if you're on a budget! Overall, excellent place I would stay again.

Giorgio went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable, even letting us check in early when we arrived exhausted from our flight from Australia! Room was clean, wifi in the rooms was also a plus, we definitely recommend this place!

• 8th Aug 2015

We very much enjoyed our stay in Rome with the accommodation being ideally located to reach out and explore this wonderful city. I loved wandering the local market early in the morning and the restaurants were good value for money and served excellent food. My daughter has found heaven in the form of an outstanding Gelateria, called La Romana, which was a short walk way. If you are able, explore as much as you can on foot as it's well worth the extra effort.

Very friendly staff, flexible and very helpful. We had a good stay at the PLACE!

• 25th Jul 2015

Very clean and the staff there were really helpful, the only thing is that wifi signal could have been better.

Even though not right in the centre of the city, we loved it because we were recommended so many great restaurants nearby so for us it was great.

Brilliant place to stay, a little on the small side and a wee bit out of the way if you're staying for more than a couple of days but we thoroughly enjoyed our time in Rome.

Clean and comfortable hostel close to the station. The staff are friendly and helpful. Good wifi and free brekkie. Cheers!

Great location and helpful staff. Clean and comfortable stay. Thanks :)

The welcome was very warming as we got in very late. The room was 100 times better then we were expecting but was definitely what we needed after soo much traveling. We wished we could have stayed more than just over night.

This place (no pun intended..heh) was pretty cool. The receptionist was super funny and helpful. It felt safe and was very clean. It was decorated nicely and the wifi worked. We got towels, a mini fridge and shower caps :) it was awesome. Also an air conditioner! But don't hang your towels out the window or they will yell at you lol.

Staff was super friendly and helpful..bare essentials met..delicious breakfast

• 24th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The location was excellent, very close to all the attractions as well as the central station. The staff were friendly and helpful. Everything was clean. Will definitely stay again!

Incredibly friendly staff. Thank you so much!!! And very close from many city landmarks.

• 18th Jun 2015

We booked the two floors apartment room for two couples. Our only problem was the shower... Water didn't pass through and after a couple of minutes the bathroom just flooded. Beside this problem, which was never solved, I'd say our stay was OK. Many market stores around, excellent Italian restaurants nearby and a few blocks away from a main plaza.

• 27th May 2015
  • srifai
  • Peru

This place is actually amazing! Our flight was delayed very much and we didn't get to The Place in Rome until about 2 am where we were greeted wonderfully by the staff. He informed us that reception usually closes around 12 but waited an extra two hours for us thankfully! The rooms are amazing and were a nice break for us after staying in large rooms for 2 weeks - it came at a perfect time during our trip. Nice bathrooms, good size rooms. The termini station is very close walking distance

Well, I got there and the wifi didn't work. They apologized and said it was a problem they'd been working to correct. Okay, fine, so I used wifi in the breakfast room. Then when I woke up the next morning and tried to take a shower, there was no hot water. I left the thing running for like fifteen minutes—nothing. They said it was the first they had heard of such a problem. Meh. I had to leave to catch a flight. Other than that, it was great! Nice staff. Nice room. Private balcony.

• 28th Apr 2015

We had a lovely stay at The Place in Rome. The room was very nice and clean with everything we needed, the staff were really friendly and polite and gave us lots of tips and advice for where to go and what to look out for. We would definetly recommend this Hotel.

• 19th Apr 2015

I had a horrible experience with the staff. I dropped by bag off in the morning, told the front desk receptionist I would be back around 9pm - he said there was someone at the desk until 11pm. I was out later than expected and began to head back to the hotel at 10pm, so I called just to make sure they new I was coming, and the man who answered the phone yelled at me, said I lied, there was no point apologizing and was just furious at me. Not a good experience at all.

It was a great place and the staff was very helpful. It's a 5-10min walk to Termini Station or the Republica Metro.

View all Rome Bed and Breakfasts