The Place in Rome Reviews

via Macao 9, Rome, Italy

Very clean and the staff there were really helpful, the only thing is that wifi signal could have been better.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Singapore

Clean and comfortable hostel close to the station. The staff are friendly and helpful. Good wifi and free brekkie. Cheers!

Great location and helpful staff. Clean and comfortable stay. Thanks :)

The welcome was very warming as we got in very late. The room was 100 times better then we were expecting but was definitely what we needed after soo much traveling. We wished we could have stayed more than just over night.

This place (no pun intended..heh) was pretty cool. The receptionist was super funny and helpful. It felt safe and was very clean. It was decorated nicely and the wifi worked. We got towels, a mini fridge and shower caps :) it was awesome. Also an air conditioner! But don't hang your towels out the window or they will yell at you lol.

Staff was super friendly and helpful..bare essentials met..delicious breakfast

• 24th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The location was excellent, very close to all the attractions as well as the central station. The staff were friendly and helpful. Everything was clean. Will definitely stay again!

Incredibly friendly staff. Thank you so much!!! And very close from many city landmarks.

• 18th Jun 2015

We booked the two floors apartment room for two couples. Our only problem was the shower... Water didn't pass through and after a couple of minutes the bathroom just flooded. Beside this problem, which was never solved, I'd say our stay was OK. Many market stores around, excellent Italian restaurants nearby and a few blocks away from a main plaza.

• 27th May 2015
  • srifai
  • Peru

This place is actually amazing! Our flight was delayed very much and we didn't get to The Place in Rome until about 2 am where we were greeted wonderfully by the staff. He informed us that reception usually closes around 12 but waited an extra two hours for us thankfully! The rooms are amazing and were a nice break for us after staying in large rooms for 2 weeks - it came at a perfect time during our trip. Nice bathrooms, good size rooms. The termini station is very close walking distance

Well, I got there and the wifi didn't work. They apologized and said it was a problem they'd been working to correct. Okay, fine, so I used wifi in the breakfast room. Then when I woke up the next morning and tried to take a shower, there was no hot water. I left the thing running for like fifteen minutes—nothing. They said it was the first they had heard of such a problem. Meh. I had to leave to catch a flight. Other than that, it was great! Nice staff. Nice room. Private balcony.

• 28th Apr 2015

We had a lovely stay at The Place in Rome. The room was very nice and clean with everything we needed, the staff were really friendly and polite and gave us lots of tips and advice for where to go and what to look out for. We would definetly recommend this Hotel.

• 19th Apr 2015

I had a horrible experience with the staff. I dropped by bag off in the morning, told the front desk receptionist I would be back around 9pm - he said there was someone at the desk until 11pm. I was out later than expected and began to head back to the hotel at 10pm, so I called just to make sure they new I was coming, and the man who answered the phone yelled at me, said I lied, there was no point apologizing and was just furious at me. Not a good experience at all.

It was a great place and the staff was very helpful. It's a 5-10min walk to Termini Station or the Republica Metro.

even though the booking was for a twin bed, two single beds colliding from each other was set. Ventilation and water system were too noisy. Staff is not careful with being silent. Don't book any rooms on the first floor. Breakfast is poor.

All its good but we got room in the other building and no lift so if your luggage is huge and heavy i think thats trouble. the location is near bus station, termini station, also metro, many restaurant and shopping store thats good.

Staff is extremely friendly. Breakfast in the morning is wonderful! Any questions we had could be answered by the front desk. The hotel is in a great location to get to most of the main sites by walking or through the metro. Our group choose not to buy any of the passes based off a piece of advice we received and had no issues getting around.

Great location for a place to rest your head. Breakfast was nice and the staff were great.

This is not a hostel it is a hotel! It's about 5minutes walk from the main station in Rome which is perfect! Can't believe the value for money. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Everything is modern and the beds are so comfy. The atmosphere is just like that of a hotel. Good Breakfast included which is again super value for money. Perfect for traveling in a small group as you can have a whole room to yourselves. BUT if you want a real hostel atmosphere/meet people its a hotel not a hostel.

• 7th Feb 2015

Very nice hostel for the price. Super nice people working there. Seems to be very close to all the major places in Rome. Cześć!

• 1st Feb 2015