The Place in Rome Reviews

via Macao 9, Rome, Italy

I had a horrible experience with the staff. I dropped by bag off in the morning, told the front desk receptionist I would be back around 9pm - he said there was someone at the desk until 11pm. I was out later than expected and began to head back to the hotel at 10pm, so I called just to make sure they new I was coming, and the man who answered the phone yelled at me, said I lied, there was no point apologizing and was just furious at me. Not a good experience at all.

It was a great place and the staff was very helpful. It's a 5-10min walk to Termini Station or the Republica Metro.

even though the booking was for a twin bed, two single beds colliding from each other was set. Ventilation and water system were too noisy. Staff is not careful with being silent. Don't book any rooms on the first floor. Breakfast is poor.

All its good but we got room in the other building and no lift so if your luggage is huge and heavy i think thats trouble. the location is near bus station, termini station, also metro, many restaurant and shopping store thats good.

Staff is extremely friendly. Breakfast in the morning is wonderful! Any questions we had could be answered by the front desk. The hotel is in a great location to get to most of the main sites by walking or through the metro. Our group choose not to buy any of the passes based off a piece of advice we received and had no issues getting around.

Great location for a place to rest your head. Breakfast was nice and the staff were great.

This is not a hostel it is a hotel! It's about 5minutes walk from the main station in Rome which is perfect! Can't believe the value for money. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Everything is modern and the beds are so comfy. The atmosphere is just like that of a hotel. Good Breakfast included which is again super value for money. Perfect for traveling in a small group as you can have a whole room to yourselves. BUT if you want a real hostel atmosphere/meet people its a hotel not a hostel.

• 7th Feb 2015

Very nice hostel for the price. Super nice people working there. Seems to be very close to all the major places in Rome. Cześć!

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Poland

very clean, new, with polite staff and good service. The prices are lower than in the hotel, but facilities are on the same level. I would definitely recommend this place.

The stay was great. We especially like the evening front desk guy, he was friendly and offered good advice of where to go eat and see.

• 5th Nov 2014