The Poets Inn Reviews

Rua dos Caldeireiros, 261, Porto, Portugal

Friendly, helpful and cheerful staff, Good breakfast, easy to find, and reasonably close to railway and metro stations.

So clean and smart and fresh - but really quiet and little interaction with other guests. Only one PC available for residents. Felt location on street was a problem with so many very noisy and rowdy neighbouring households - very noisy at night. Felt the inn was far too classy and sophisicated for that area. However, proximity to transport and sights excellent. Brief stay but enjoyed it. Thank you.

We stayed for one night in a nice and clean private room with double bed. The hostel itself is charming and the staff is great as well. Bruno gave us instructions on how to get into our room when we arrived at night, printed out boarding cards and posted postcards. It was a pleasure to stay at the Poet's Inn.

The hostel is very good located. The service is good and the staff is nice and helpful. I was a little bit disappointed that our room was not that cool as I supposed because of the pictures on the website. It was kind of small and additionally there stood a very loud machine which was supposed to clean the air of the humidity. One wall was full of mould. I would not let my guests sleep in this room.

• 25th Oct 2015

Poet's Inn was one of the best hostels I have stayed in. The breakfast was lovely, the facilities not only clean but comfortable. Staying at Poet's Inn made a difference to my experience of Porto- it rained but the hostel was so pleasant that I did not mind so much.

very nice staff, a guy at the reception told us with details what to see in Porto, breakfast generally fine - nothing fancy but there was plenty things to choose (from cornflakes even to cake or fruits), the only minus was very dark room

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Poland

Amazing -quirky arty interesting and comfortable.

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We loved the Poets' Inn in Porto, we had a very beautiful, large room called after Anais Nin, and the whole house was simply enchanting, with very good facilities, in a vintage renovated old house in a very central but also quiet location. We stayed just one night but would love to come back. The breakfast was also delicious, with home-made cakes, delicious jams, etc. Nice lounge and small terrace, books to borrow, very cool writer-themed decoration... Loved it!!

Definitely the best hostel I've been in a while! Thanks for everything.

The room is clean and beautiful, really close to Lello bookshop. From the station to the hotel there is a uphill way. You can cook in the hostel.

WOW, I don't normally leave reviews for anything but this hostel's awesomeness prodded me to do it! We had a double room in The Poet's Inn. It was nicer than most hotel room's I've been in and was a great value for the money. Also the staff was very nice and breakfast was pretty good quality as well. This hostel is not really for the party atmosphere seeker, but if you are looking for a nice friendly place to stay in Porto, go here. Also, the hostel recommended Folias de Baco--try it!

Despite of I have spent only a night in The Poets Inn (Porto), I loved. It's a really nice hostel, very clean, beautiful, comfy and the money/quality ratio is very good. I highly recommend the experience.

View all Porto Bed and Breakfasts