The Point Lima Reviews

Malecon Junin 300, Barranco, Lima, Peru

The place was filthy, particularly the bathrooms. The staff was indifferent with the exception of Priscilla, she was sweet.

• 26th Jun 2015

good place to be

I booked this hostel for my first night ever in Peru, and the staff was very helpful and their facilities and services were useful. ItIt's a party hostel with loud noise until 2 AM, which I don't like, but their friendliness and services make up for that. It's a good introduction to Peru.

• 15th Jun 2015

I've only stayed for one night but I had the greatest time ever! The atmosphere was amazing and I've met so many interesting people. The organization is very good and the space is very well thought. I hope to go back soon!

• 13th Jun 2015

This hostel is unsafe, there's zero noise control and a hygiene problem

• 5th Jun 2015

The point was a really nice hostel - we stayed four of us in a four bed mixed dorm, and it was comfortable and big enough! Lockers are available for free, which I'd recommend. The staff were really awesome, and made our experience there. I think it's got a reputation as a party hostel, which it kind of was but not insanely so. Really nice outside area and close to pretty much everything in barranco. The free breakfast was really bad... Literally two stale little pieces of bread and some butter.

In cunclsion, the hostel was fine. The good parts are the dorms, hot showers and the staff. Although, The bar was pretty empty though, and there weren't enough electricity points in the rooms. Breakfast - well, can't call it like that.

Half the beds we requested were not ready until 5 hours after check in. There are several signs for no smoking but everyone smoked including the staff. The place was full of smoke and drugs were being used on location despite signs. When we asked for help finding a club one night that they advertised all staff were too drunk to tell us where to go. Would not stay here again nor would I recommend it. Non of the 'perks' they offered where legit.

Mediocre hostel. Small things that could improve quality of stay: Extension cords/plug-points in every room that is accessible to all beds. A fan in dorm room 'Big Ben' - It gets no ventilation and smells really bad. Also, there is no point of having quiet zones/times if no one respects it (on weekday nights).

Thought it was a great stay. The area is pretty cool, but it's a bit far from the city center or Miraflores which are two places you gotta see. Definitely a party hostel atmosphere, so if you're not looking for that, stray away.

Staff were extremely helpful and very welcoming. The location in Miraflouris is good and the overall hostel atmosphere is great. Would stay there again and would highly recommend.

hostel was great, the bad part was the smell of the rooms, especially the sheets that smelt like they were washed with oil.

It´s an ok hostel. Barranco is an awesome neighborhood of Lima so it´s a good place to stay if you want to visit this area. However, if you want to go to the historic center, you need to take the metrobus for about half an hour. Not a lot of atmosphere when we were there but it depends on the time of the week I guess! It was clean enough.

Absolutely fantastic hostel! They will arrange a pickup for you from the airport for 55 soles, and after that everything is so inexpensive! This hostel has lockers, but I never used them as it feels completely safe and secure. The bed sheets were clean and tidy, and the people very friendly. The location is perfect-- right across the street from a cliff-side park overlooking the ocean where there is a daily sunset spectacle and only two blocks away from a supermarket... Barranco is Beautiful!

• 15th Apr 2015

Excellent choice to discover the Barranco district. The station of Metropolitana bus (express bus which has its own road, functions like a metro) is nearby, so you can be in the center in 20 minutes. Atmosphere is amazing, great for socializing and meeting other travellers (bar, pool, restaurant, table football) On the minus side. There is no hot water at all, and there are no electric sockets in the rooms, so if you want to charge your electronics, you have to leave it on the reception.

The hostel was okay, It smelled rlly bad in my room, even with the window open. I believe the cause was people who tend to stay at the hostel for longer periods of time don't seem to get their sheets changed. It's a party hostel, theres people up at all hours, even if you go to bed at 5 in the morning. There will be people up talking.

Very good hostel, but far from the central.

No secure lockers to store your belongings. Staff doesn't seem to care about security or cleanliness. Out of 7 months of travelling this is absolutely the worst hostel and I would never recommend anyone to stay here.

we are very sorry for your comment we have safe personal lockers , metal ones with security cams watching them so, to say we have no secure lockers its a lie . we have cleanning staff from 7 am to 10 pm and reception staff cleaning during the night we are veryt sorry about these comment have fun

food wasnt worth the price, staff were good. and in their description they boasted having a level pool table twice, normally it wouldnt bother me but if ur gonna say it twice in your description then it would wanna be! and it wasnt lol

Was a perfect place to stay!! I loved the staff

• 3rd Apr 2015