• Malecon Junin 300, Barranco, Lima, Peru

8.2
Fabulous 556 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 556 Total Reviews
The Point Lima Located at Malecon Junin 300, Barranco, Lima.
Peru

• kattligg
  • England, Female, 25-30
13th Nov 2016
8.0

I was only in Lima 24 hrs but kinda wish I'd stayed in Miraflores. But I liked the Baranco neighbourhood and the hostel was fun and pretty sociable despite there not being many guests the night I stayed. The staff and volunteers were friendly and helpful and the facilities were good.

• Canada, Mixed Group, 25-30
5th Nov 2016
5.4

We booked a private room and were put in an 8 person dorm that smelled like puke, garbage and cigarettes. Only choice was to party hard at the bar, pass out early and get out of there in the morning. I'm sure this place is ok if you just want to party, but we found it pretty gross.

We are sorry we could not accomadate the three of you in a four bed dorm as you reserved. This was due to a number of unforeseen circumstances at the hostel on that particular day. We always try and make our rooms smell as fresh as possible if you had informed a member of staff about the problem we could have taken care of it.

• eveburca7132
  • Slovakia, Female, 31-40
25th Oct 2016

Very good hostel in a perfect location with good prices. Very friendly and helpful staff, good value for money. Has its own restaurant. Big and clean bathroom with hot water in the shower!! Would definitelly recommend and stayed again.

Thanks so much!

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
5th Oct 2016

The point is a very nice place to meet great people! Located in what i would say the best location/area in Lima. The dorms are nice, the bathrooms are clean and the garden is cool and relaxing. The breakfast is not perfect, but it was fine. All over a very nice experince! I would defenetly go there for my next visit to lima.

Thanks for the kind words. We hope to see you again soon!

24th Sep 2016

Had a great time at the point. No public kitchen, but great vibes and awesome staff. Barranco is lovely as well. I will be back next time I am in Lima

• mikepenzc
  • USA, Male, 31-40
23rd Sep 2016

The point was a great hostel. Barranco, the neighborhood its in, is very nice and felt safe. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The bar gets really fun at night and then a group will go out to the clubs afterwards. Would definitely recommend for people looking for a social hostel.

• Ukraine, Male, 25-30
31st Aug 2016
6.3

Hostel has very good location on Barranco area. And I also liked the breakfast. The main downside is that it does not have shared kitchen. The dorm room that we were living in smelled with weed since I'm not a smoker I did not like it a lot.

31st Aug 2016

Really good vibe. Staff is really nice and quite helpful. Only issue is that there is no kitchen.

• England, Female, 31-40
12th Aug 2016
7.4

Excellent location and one of the cheapest hostels in the area, if not the cheapest. For the most part the staff are friendly. However, the hostel is in middle of works and is a bit of a mess. It could do with a complete refresh as it feels a little tired. The main negative is the cleanliness. The bathroom was not cleaned for at least 36 hours and with so many people using it, the state of it was gross! P.S restaurant is very overpriced. Eat in central Lima if it's convenient.

9th Aug 2016

The hostel was a little bit noisy for me and I dislike when there is an "included breakfast" but you need to pay for any food items beyond bread and jelly. Other than that, it's a nice hostel in the best part of Lima. Great bar and I like the social vibe.