The Point Lima Reviews

Malecon Junin 300, Barranco, Lima, Peru

Good hostel but the only problem is that there really is nothing to see or do in the Barranco area. I would probably stay at one of the hostels in Miraflores if I was to come back to Lima.

Ended up staying here for 4 nights. Enjoyed it :)

my friend and i came to the Point by chance and it turned in to one of the most memorable times on are trip. the point had a good vibe about it. the staff are easy to talk to and are quiet knowledgeable about sites, events, food and of course night life. i have and would recommend the Point to any one passing through Lima.

• 17th Oct 2014

We stayed in the private double which is attached to the main building and very quiet. The hostel is in a very good part of Lima and close to the pubs. It's a nice walk to the beach or Miraflores. We were expecting a bit more of the hostel bar tho, there was no good party vibe.

I love this hostel, really friendly and helpful staff :) the hostel it self is very clean and safe. There is a really good atmosphere and everyone is very friendly and welcoming, There is great faciliaties and the bar provide cheap drinks and a great time and even have someone who takes everyone out clubing and gets you free entry which is a massive help when travelling. I would recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone, its cheap and a really good place to meet people and have a great time

I arrived to The Point at 5 a.m. (super early), and staff was super friendly when I arrived. I also feel staff had fun and organized activities for guests. My friends and I got to experience the night life of Lima. Staff also made sure we had a taxi driver for the airport. I definitely suggest you arrange dependable transportation ahead of time. The location was beautiful. I walked and ran comfortably around the Barranco/Malecon area. The only negative was not having hot water for two days.

One, the staff did not enforce the smoking areas. When in reception, people were smoking all around me and I did not appreciate that. Also, there were multiple times where I stood outside the door for a long time, waiting for someone to open it. In our suite, the bedsheets had period blood stains on them and our suite was never cleaned, we had trash piling up for days. Not to mention, the hot water went out for 2 days and no one notified us about the status, we had to keep asking.

• 12th Sep 2014

Hi Stephanie, Thank you for bringing this too our attention, we are always looking for feed back to improve our hostel. We are very sorry regarding these issues and we will be taking amdiate action to rectify them. We deeply appoligies that you need not enjoy at the Point Lima and hope you would come back and see the improvements we are making. Kind Regards, Management, The Point Hostels.

I loved my stay at the Point Lima, The hostel is in a great loaction next to the beach, lots of local resturants, bars & shops. It is a very friendly & inviting place to stay, The recpetonists are all really friendly and speak great English & gave me really good advice on things to do in Lima & the best way to get there. The hostel itself was very clean & tidy, it has great facitities especially the bar its very safe & great value for money. I would stongly recommend staying here to anyone :)

Damp smelling, old and dirty sheets, mould in the bathroom, tired surroundings and decor, cold, loud staff, dingy bar, go to local bars and clubs...so much better than the atmosphere in this hostel. Lima is a great city and there are much better places in Barranco to stay.....don't know why people are rating this place with 100%!

we are sorry that you had a bad experience we have very good comments and ppl can see that . we are taking your comment serious and are improving our services in the hostel we like to invite again here and see what we have done cheers

Nice hostel with a cool little bar in the back. The staff is friendly and helpful

The atmosphere and accomodation was great, especially the clubbing with Edwin!

Cleaning Staff was Marvelous.

Great place ta stay the food was really gd

since a bit from Mira Flores..please provide future guest directions to area and a map with transit directions

• 1st Aug 2014

Party hostel

Good hostel located on the cliff in Barranco District. I only stayed there one night and I had to wake up extremely early the next morning to catch a bus, so i didn't take part in the craziness party scene that most people talk about. This is definitely a younger crowd hostel where everyone looks to drink and have a good time. A great place to meet new people.

Party hostel

Great hostel, 7 soles cab ride to miraflores. The atmosphere and staff at the hostel are great, the facilities could be slightly improved (bigger kitchen that's seperated from the commercial kitchen, lockers inside the rooms with outlets in them). Other than that great hostel with a great vibe.

Great Hostel!!! Amazing parties! and an excellent staff!! I had a very good time there!

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Priscilla that works at reception is a lovely soul and rocked! And they have a guy that comes out every night with you to take you to the clubs and makes sure you go to the best places of the night and that you don't get ripped off.