The Point Lima Reviews

Malecon Junin 300, Barranco, Lima, Peru

The staff were really helpful but the hostel itself was quite grim, was full of sleazy boys who I just couldn't be bothered with so I checked out early. Also things like plugs and locks on the lockers didn't work, the whole place just needs a touch up.

Super atmosphere, the staff is nice and the place is great, above all the garden. The only bad point is there are too few places to plug things in. But I'd definitely recommend the place !

Very social hostel with friendly staff!

A basic but very friendly hostel in Barranco, perfectly situated for the beach (10 minute walk) and all the restaurants and bars. A very artistic district perfect if you want to see art museums. The staff were very helpful and kind to me as my luggage had been lost. Great atmosphere but bring ear plugs if you like to sleep early!!!!

The debacle with Peru Hop apart ; a nice place to stay for a few days. Best Wishes

• 5th Mar 2015

I don't remmende her name but The girl from the Staff helped me out perfectly! Everything I wished for She made it happen. Ty

Me encanto hospedarme en the point .. Desde que entras sientes lo importante que eres para ellos .. Te tratan muy bien , recepcionistas geniales te ayudan en todo e incluso te dan recomentaciones.. El bar es genial tienen opciones de bebidas y los bartenders son my divertidos . Recomiendo este lugar porque es perfecto para hacer amigos y pasarla bien ...

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Venezuela

Had the time of my life here, awesome friendly atmosphere, and really witty bar staff, plus the reception crew were really helpful and gorgeous! Especially a chap called Carlito ;) highly recommend this spot!

• 4th Feb 2015

It was a lovely stay, the staff is very friendly. I would definetly recomend the Point

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Peru

Just great fun people, good location

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Israel

Was a good atmosphere, staff were friendly and helpful. Could have been cleaner and everywhere smelt of smoke.

If you are the kind of people how wants to experience the flow of movies like American pie or the hangover, this is the place for you, other way it well be really really boring gringo party theme hostel

Nice area with a cute little park across the road that looks out over the sea. We had a private room that was off the main building which was clean and quite. The main rooms are quite dark and musty smelling but other than that it was safe and the staff were friendly and helpful!

Common areas were a lot of fun, wifi was good, bed comfortable. Gorgeous neighborhood, not too clean and the shower I had was a bit of a joke, more of a party atmosphere so if you're not looking for that probably not the best place for you. I had a lot of fun here.

absolutely no atmospere on weekdays, seems to pick up a bit on weekends. if you are travelling alone i would recommend staying somewhere else as you should not expect to meet anyone while staying here. otherwise staff are very friendly and location is very good.

Good hostel but the only problem is that there really is nothing to see or do in the Barranco area. I would probably stay at one of the hostels in Miraflores if I was to come back to Lima.

Ended up staying here for 4 nights. Enjoyed it :)

my friend and i came to the Point by chance and it turned in to one of the most memorable times on are trip. the point had a good vibe about it. the staff are easy to talk to and are quiet knowledgeable about sites, events, food and of course night life. i have and would recommend the Point to any one passing through Lima.

• 17th Oct 2014

We stayed in the private double which is attached to the main building and very quiet. The hostel is in a very good part of Lima and close to the pubs. It's a nice walk to the beach or Miraflores. We were expecting a bit more of the hostel bar tho, there was no good party vibe.