The Point Lima Reviews

Malecon Junin 300, Barranco, Lima, Peru

I loved my stay at the Point Lima, The hostel is in a great loaction next to the beach, lots of local resturants, bars & shops. It is a very friendly & inviting place to stay, The recpetonists are all really friendly and speak great English & gave me really good advice on things to do in Lima & the best way to get there. The hostel itself was very clean & tidy, it has great facitities especially the bar its very safe & great value for money. I would stongly recommend staying here to anyone :)

Damp smelling, old and dirty sheets, mould in the bathroom, tired surroundings and decor, cold, loud staff, dingy bar, go to local bars and clubs...so much better than the atmosphere in this hostel. Lima is a great city and there are much better places in Barranco to stay.....don't know why people are rating this place with 100%!

we are sorry that you had a bad experience we have very good comments and ppl can see that . we are taking your comment serious and are improving our services in the hostel we like to invite again here and see what we have done cheers

Nice hostel with a cool little bar in the back. The staff is friendly and helpful

The atmosphere and accomodation was great, especially the clubbing with Edwin!

Cleaning Staff was Marvelous.

Great place ta stay the food was really gd

since a bit from Mira Flores..please provide future guest directions to area and a map with transit directions

• 1st Aug 2014

Party hostel

Good hostel located on the cliff in Barranco District. I only stayed there one night and I had to wake up extremely early the next morning to catch a bus, so i didn't take part in the craziness party scene that most people talk about. This is definitely a younger crowd hostel where everyone looks to drink and have a good time. A great place to meet new people.

Party hostel

Great hostel, 7 soles cab ride to miraflores. The atmosphere and staff at the hostel are great, the facilities could be slightly improved (bigger kitchen that's seperated from the commercial kitchen, lockers inside the rooms with outlets in them). Other than that great hostel with a great vibe.

Great Hostel!!! Amazing parties! and an excellent staff!! I had a very good time there!

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Priscilla that works at reception is a lovely soul and rocked! And they have a guy that comes out every night with you to take you to the clubs and makes sure you go to the best places of the night and that you don't get ripped off.

We had an awesome stay! Would definitely go back to the point Lima

This was a perfect balance of Party and Chill Out in one place. Lovely, friendly staff, a cool bar which was nicely busy even in low season and good rooms. Location couldn't be better either, right in central Barranco! A great young, fun persons hostel.

Good party hostel. Fun atmosphere, helpful stuff, clean and good location.Would recommend this hostel.

• 22nd May 2014

Had a great time in the bar, however the hostel overbooked the reservations and we was send to another hostel. I cant begin to comprehend why a hostel having already the guest in the hostel will make them leave for new guest to arrive giving preference to the new guest and not the existing guest. However the hostel is very cozy the bar is great and the bar staff made a great effort to make sure we had a good time...

This is a hostel great for people who love to party and for people who don't want to go out allot. You have in the hostel a bar (with pool table), computers,wifi,a nice restaurant, and they also sale little stuff as toilet paper,snacks and cigarets. The hostel is a 2-3 minutes walk from barranco center and the bridge of wishes or something like that. It was the last place I stayed in Peru and I really enjoyed it.

One of the reception is awesome and cares ... The other doesn't. The bar staff is cool. Was there for a week, for like 4 days it was a sausage fest.

Great hostel. Amazing staff. Perfect place to chill or party and an ideal location to visit the main attractions of Lima with Miraflores close by, the beach a walk away, slap bang in bohemian Barranco and with a fantastic view as you step out the door. Loved my time there!