The Point Lima Reviews

Malecon Junin 300, Barranco, Lima, Peru

Very loud and unclean. Was supposed to be a 'party hostel' but no real party happening

• 20th Aug 2015

Reading the reviews I was apprehensive about staying there, but boy was I wrong. The staff are amazing, anything you need help with they are eager to help you, extremely informative and very friendly. The restaurant serves great food at reasonable prices and the beds are super comfortable. I would recommend staying there if you are passing through Lima. The bar is a great place to meet new people and have a very fun night. Thank you The Point! And I will see you the next time I´m in Peru!

Great hostel!! Love it!!

• 10th Aug 2015

Not a bad hostel but shame about the obnoxious Australian girl working the bar.

The staff was very helpful, the place was nice, but the rooms were smelling bad!

Bit of a party hostel but really good fun. Staff are very helpful and exceptionally friendly. Very clean - always someone cleaning! Simple breakfast included and they serve until 11am, which is nice. Great location for exploring Barranco and its about 40 minute walk down to Miraflores (by the sea). We planned to stay a day or two and ended up staying a week! Can definitely recommend.

It's a very nice place to stay!

I rented just a single double room and only had a few small issues: there was poop in the toilet when I first went to use it, there was hair on the shower wall, and the bathroom light didn't work (this is a private bathroom, not shared). The staff was great, the common areas were a great place to spend time, and I loved the location!

• 12th Jul 2015

The staff was polite and well-informed, though they took too many tasks on at the same time. The running water was also off on the first day, which proved an immense inconvenience, but it had been fixed the next day. This is a good hostel if you're a 19-year-old surfer - otherwise, beware.

Bit of a noisy hostel if your after chilling but other than ...good showers ... Good in restaurant good ... Breakfast average ... Need new DVDs as all are scratch and don't work.... Great safe location

Awesome hostel great staff comfy beds and cheap

Arrived late at night, staff did not explain any of the facilities and were very blasé. The only private room was dirty and damaged, did not include a blanket on the bed or wifi access. Check out early due to the standard/condition of hostel.

• 28th Jun 2015

The place was filthy, particularly the bathrooms. The staff was indifferent with the exception of Priscilla, she was sweet.

• 26th Jun 2015

good place to be

Whilst this hostel was friendly, had a great vibe and felt secure and homely- it was also pretty dirty and very loud at night if you weren't up for partying.

I booked this hostel for my first night ever in Peru, and the staff was very helpful and their facilities and services were useful. ItIt's a party hostel with loud noise until 2 AM, which I don't like, but their friendliness and services make up for that. It's a good introduction to Peru.

• 15th Jun 2015

I've only stayed for one night but I had the greatest time ever! The atmosphere was amazing and I've met so many interesting people. The organization is very good and the space is very well thought. I hope to go back soon!

• 13th Jun 2015

This hostel is unsafe, there's zero noise control and a hygiene problem

• 5th Jun 2015

The point was a really nice hostel - we stayed four of us in a four bed mixed dorm, and it was comfortable and big enough! Lockers are available for free, which I'd recommend. The staff were really awesome, and made our experience there. I think it's got a reputation as a party hostel, which it kind of was but not insanely so. Really nice outside area and close to pretty much everything in barranco. The free breakfast was really bad... Literally two stale little pieces of bread and some butter.

In cunclsion, the hostel was fine. The good parts are the dorms, hot showers and the staff. Although, The bar was pretty empty though, and there weren't enough electricity points in the rooms. Breakfast - well, can't call it like that.