The Point Mancora Beach

Fabulous 376 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
23rd Jun 2017
6.0

Would be a lovely hostel however...There were an extreme number of grasshoppers due to recent floods which cannot be helped but we were not given a net for our first night and so they crawled all over us. For our second night we managed to get one net for two so had to share a bed. Couldn't sit outside of an evening due to the grasshoppers flying into us. There were loads of flys also, all over our food. Staff were reluctant to let us check out at 7:15am even though we had a bus at 8am. Hell.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
23rd Jun 2017
5.1

Poor location out of Mancora centre so you have to get tuk tuk taxis to the centre all the time. No atmosphere at the hostel but maybe that was just the crowd when we were there. The breakfast women were so rude- it was such an ordeal to get some ketchup with my breakfast, apparently that isn't included for free. We left after one night due to poor atmosphere and bad location.

17th Jun 2017
7.4

Located next to Misfits hostel about 10 minutes walk along the beach, The Point is really well set up with a nice pool, pool table, table tennis and bar. Breakfast is tasty and the food offered for sale is good and portions are big. The staff are pretty on it, and the place is cleaned a lot, especially right now as the whole town is infested with crickets. Make sure you ask for a net, or the crickets crawl on you in the night. Showers are really good, and perfect after spending time on the beach

• England, Female, 18-24
3rd Jun 2017
5.1

Location is out of town, walk along the beach not the roads I did and was excorted away from a seedy part town as apparently it was not safe for me to be there. Overall atmosphere and poolside is nice, the bar staff were friendly however the ones running the restaurant I found rude so was put off eating there again. There are better places closer to town.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
16th May 2017

Awesome hostel! Not that much of a party hostel, but maybe that's because I wasn't there during high season, but I actually liked it a lot! The staff is great, mostly travellers as well, the location is good too, 20 minutes walk from the center, but the walk along the beach is nice and the center isn't that special anyway. If you step outside of the hostel permisses you'll be at the beach in 30 seconds. It has a great kitchen too, and the prices aren't that bad.

15th May 2017

Great social hostel, not overly busy while I was there, but still a good atmosphere. Wifi is pretty slow.

• Israel, Female, 18-24
9th May 2017
7.4

Good people good food good to be here :)

• Australia, Female, 25-30
3rd May 2017

Great place to stay out of town next to the beach with a lovely pool! Only downside is the internet barely works.

• Germany, Male, 31-40
1st May 2017

Such a nice place. Very happy about the friendly, English speaking stuff and amazing food. The big pool is nice to freshen up. Propably the cleanest hostel I have seen so much!

• Peru, Female, 25-30
22nd Apr 2017

I loved the pool and the party that the staff organized the weekend when i stayed there!! I really enjoyed at the bar with the other guests and with the staff that were really cool. There are many mosquitos in the town and I really apreciated the mosquito net that they gave me. The place is can of wild style and pretty far from town however I liked that there was always clean especially the bathrooms and dorms..I just´d come back to see the beautiful sunsets again :)