The Point Mancora Beach

Very Good 348 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
21st Jan 2017
4.9

The full time staff here aren't very friendly or helpful and don't make you feel welcome and were rude to people. The volunteer staff are nice. Three of my friends got food poisoning within 24 hours of each other from the food here and one had to go to hospital overnight. The staff were not bothered by this at all. The water was shut off randomly throughout the day. The music was so loud and not particularly good. They have a nice pool and some hammocks but overall I did not enjoy my stay.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
18th Jan 2017
4.3

Pros: Good atmosphere around the bar and pool. Restaurant at the hostel is also good and reasonably priced. Cons: No fans (or AC) in the rooms, so it's extremely hot and hard to sleep. The hostel is also located at the very far end of the beach, next to a dangerous part of Mancora. No one warned us of this and we were robbed very close to the hostel in daylight.

16th Jan 2017
5.7

You would be better off going to misfits. I waited for check in (2pm) and then found that someone had slept on yhe bed and the bed sheets not changed. Full of sand. I notified reception and they said the cleaner would be in at 4pm. At 6pm nothing was changed. I advised reception again and asked if it can be done before i went to sleep. At 10pm nothing was changed. I also waited for a smoothie for 50 minutes. Service was really bad. Many travellers shared with me similar stories. Pool is good.

• England, Female, 25-30
15th Jan 2017
6.6

It was a little too far away from the town, although a nice walk in the day. Rooms were ok, but there were so many mosquitos in there at night it was awful. Everyone was bitten no matter how much repellent they wore. The hostel should definitely provide mosquito nets. The wifi was awful, probably the worst I've had in all of South America. Food was good and party atmosphere at night, chilling in the day. The pool was great.

14th Jan 2017
7.4

Great fun hostel! Good opportunities for socialising every night with activities and parties although sometimes struggle to sleep due to loud music every night even when no one is awake at the bar! Volunteer staff really make the place better, non volunteers aren't so friendly! Food was good for the most part but one meal gave me severe food poisoning! Beds also not that comfy! However overall I enjoyed my stay a lot!

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
24th Dec 2016

Great place. Cool people.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
23rd Dec 2016

Such a fun hostel right next to the beach and with a pool! Loved this place, especially the volunteers that work there! Best place to spend christmas on the beach!

16th Dec 2016

One of my favorite hostels of all time, I felt like I had a small family for 3 days. The volunteers are all amazing and I met some great people here. On top of that, the free breakfast is yummy and filling, and their 5 soles smoothies are a perfect hangover cure. There are events every day so you never get bored or go hungry, and the beach is less than a minute away. I fully recommend this hostel. There is also a high platform with a hammock overlooking the beach 😍

• sarahcarroll91
  • Australia, Couple, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
26th Nov 2016
8.0

This hostel has a great atmosphere and a fun vibe. The pool and beach areas are great. The food is nice and reasonably priced. The wifi was down the whole duration of our stay, which added to the chilled atmosphere but there were a lot of errors with our tab at the end. But the reception staff were happy to fix it. Bar staff were a bit wasted. Would recommend the 6 bed dorm over the larger one.

9th Nov 2016
7.7

Ended up staying 4 nights as my girlfriend was too unwell to move on. There is a pool table, a makeshift table tennis table and a swimming pool. Loads of lovely people to talk to and helpful staff too. There is an on site restaurant that sells inexpensive food which is amazing, especially for me as a vegetarian. I'm just not a party hostel person though, and if you aren't either I'd suggest skipping Mancora altogether. The full moon party went on till 6am and the bass shook your bones.