The Pontiac Hotel Reviews

509 Minna St, San Francisco, USA

I was a little worried about staying here after reading reviews, but it was completely fine! Staff were helpful, rooms and facilities are fine. Location is great close to downtown, few homeless but they dont bother you at all. Would stay here again

I felt pretty comfortable at the hotel and togetherwith the staff there. They rooms are fine, not fancy but a nice place to sleep, relax, watch TV etc. Nice bonus: breakfast for free, they offer a fridge for personal stuff and computer to use. Was just a little disapointed they don't offer WiFi in the rooms, only downstairs @ the lobby and kitchen/ meeting room. All in all I would totally recommend that place to stay for a couple days to check out SF and feel safe at the hotel!

• 19th Jul 2014

The worst hostel ever seen. Crazy people outside, dysfunctional WiFi inside, not that friendly stuff and speechless cleanness... Don't book it.

If you can pay some extra money avoid going to this place. One shower per floor, dirty, etc.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Spain

I booked for three nights, but I only stayed for one. I woke up around 3 AM to the sound of a couple fighting in the room across my window. It was pretty loud and violent even; when they started to walk and shout through the hallway I was actually uncomfortable with leaving my room. In the morning I went to report this to the front desk, but the guy was not receptive to my complaints and not helpful at all. Later I spoke to another guy and he helped me to get a refund for the remaining nights.

The staff is quite nice. the location is very central and the rooms and common areas (even bathrooms) are clean but the surroundings are full of crimi-looking people; It iwas very noisy day and night and there were problems with the wi-fi.

The area around the hotel was very ghetto, but the hotel was good, the only problem is the place where it lies

• 31st May 2014
  • Iraq

For a budget/hostel type place... It was just what we were looking for. Very pleased with our stay.

• 16th May 2014
  • Costa Rica

the nearby feels very scary. The place is old

View all San Francisco Hotels