The Pontiac Hotel Reviews

509 Minna St, San Francisco, USA

Online pictures and descriptions about the Pontiac Hotel did not match the place at all.

• 10th Aug 2014

I was a little worried about staying here after reading reviews, but it was completely fine! Staff were helpful, rooms and facilities are fine. Location is great close to downtown, few homeless but they dont bother you at all. Would stay here again

I felt pretty comfortable at the hotel and togetherwith the staff there. They rooms are fine, not fancy but a nice place to sleep, relax, watch TV etc. Nice bonus: breakfast for free, they offer a fridge for personal stuff and computer to use. Was just a little disapointed they don't offer WiFi in the rooms, only downstairs @ the lobby and kitchen/ meeting room. All in all I would totally recommend that place to stay for a couple days to check out SF and feel safe at the hotel!

• 19th Jul 2014

The worst hostel ever seen. Crazy people outside, dysfunctional WiFi inside, not that friendly stuff and speechless cleanness... Don't book it.

If you can pay some extra money avoid going to this place. One shower per floor, dirty, etc.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Spain

I booked for three nights, but I only stayed for one. I woke up around 3 AM to the sound of a couple fighting in the room across my window. It was pretty loud and violent even; when they started to walk and shout through the hallway I was actually uncomfortable with leaving my room. In the morning I went to report this to the front desk, but the guy was not receptive to my complaints and not helpful at all. Later I spoke to another guy and he helped me to get a refund for the remaining nights.

The staff is quite nice. the location is very central and the rooms and common areas (even bathrooms) are clean but the surroundings are full of crimi-looking people; It iwas very noisy day and night and there were problems with the wi-fi.

The area around the hotel was very ghetto, but the hotel was good, the only problem is the place where it lies

• 31st May 2014
  • Iraq

For a budget/hostel type place... It was just what we were looking for. Very pleased with our stay.

• 16th May 2014
  • Costa Rica

the nearby feels very scary. The place is old

Police walking around the building all the time with no explanation. Bad and dangerous area of the city. Staff were not too bad as far as cheap hotels go but not friendly and cheerful. Bathrooms awkward and few. Rooms very budget but clean enough. No atmosphere or friendliness. Should be a lot cheaper for its lack of facilities. Didn't go for the breakfast in the morning as some girl that looked like she was on heroin kept walking in and out of there and the police were in about some hooker…...

• 11th Nov 2013

Friendly staff. Good stay for a reasonably priced place in the city. Located near public transportation. Neighborhood is a bit rough after dark but had no problems just stay alert.

• 19th Aug 2013

The staff were amongst the friendliest and most courteous I encountered in the whole of my trip across Cali. The bed was comfy and the room was private enough, although a piece of blind was missing from the window. Wifi Internet worked well in the room, TV was neat and well set up. The room also had lots of storage. The shared bathrooms were probably this hotel's biggest let down as I failed to get hot water through in one shower, then found the second shower too hot! Not a bad stay, overall.

• 4th Aug 2013

The staff were friendly. The area was pretty cool, there a lot of homeless people chilling outside but they were pretty friendly and nice. The only issue I really had was that it was very noisy out in the street until about 3am.

It aws good that the hotel manager talked with me with smile and welcomed me.

• 10th Apr 2013
  • South Korea

Please check the bed before sleeping - there are bed bugs in this hotel! Very unsafe location!

The hotel is ok for the money, but the location is not secure, one of the nights 2 turist got attack and one was stabbed just one block away. At night endup paying a taxi to drop me in front of the hotel and even taxi drivers were warning me about the area wasnt safe.

Scary neibourhood, but just few steps from the center, for an attractive price. The stuff was nice.

• 7th Mar 2013
  • Hungary

Terrible location. Really is. But, the hotel itself is ok. You get what you pay for. No real complaints about that.

Unfortunately we were unaware that we had booked into a hotel in such an unsafe area, with the streets immediately around (mission and 6th in particular) full of drug dealers, prostitutes and loud noise all day and night. Our room was hot and stuffy (no fan) and we were unable to sleep with the window open - our room did not face the main street, but an alleyway with a loud ventilation fan that started up early morning. I would not recommend travelers stay here or in this area at all.

If the guest had requested we could have found them a room that they would possibly find more satisfying. Though it's not the nicest area of San Francisco I wouldn't call it as unsafe as being downtown in any other american city.

View all San Francisco Hotels