The Princesa Insolente Hostel Pucon Reviews

General Urrutia 660, Pucon, Chile

I had a very nice experience in this hostel. Eventhough Pucon is very quiet on winter, the hostel was very alive, thanks to its passenger, a lovely staff and all this wood and cozy decoration that makes you feel comfortable. The beds were perfect, nice duvets. Huge comunal kitchen with the best supermarket in town just 10 steps in froont. The location was also perfect, next to bars restaurants, atm and also quiet. Defenetly reccomend this hostel

Thanks for the good vibes and amazing time! see you soon

This is a lovely hostel in a beautiful place, so nice in fact that I returned to spend my last few days here. Pablo the young manager greeted me like an old friend, He speaks excellent English and is always on site to answer questions and greet guests. He also keeps the fires burning in the kitchen and lounge so that guests linger to talk and share. Having stayed in many places in Chile now, I truly appreciate the consistent hot water, the lovely warm beds and the generous breakfast.

• 16th Jul 2014

Thanks ! you are a really great tourist full of good vibes and really kind, feel free to come back :) hugs

We loved it! It is a really special hostel, the staff made us feel very welcome

and the hostel loves you !!

Though short, I really enjoyed my stay here! Rooms and lockers were small, but beds were quite comfortable and they gave you lots of blankets, which I love! Kitchen facilities were very clean and well equipped. Staff was great - so welcoming and really pleasant and easy to talk to. Biggest issue with this place are the doors to kitchen and reception - which always lock and thus only open from one side. It would be easier for the staff if they didn't always have to let you in from the inside.

The hostel Princesa Insolente hostel in Pucon is a really nice place that give you the opportunity to relax and think about nothing. You can climb the volcano Villaricca (a must do in Pucon and one of my highlight of my trip through south america so far) and after that you can jump into one of the many Termas / hotsprings around pucon.. When you come back you can make a fire in the cosy living room of the hostel to finish your day. Staying in this hostel made my stay in Pucon even better!

Ther was only one shower (and not very clean) with hot water for some 15 people. You can never be sure whether you will be able to get to the kitchen in the morning if you leave early, because sometimes its closed.

Really beautiful hostel with sturdy and comfy beds and lovely communal areas. Would definitely recommend staying here but not at peak times. Two recommendations - provide people with keys for both the kitchen and reception buildings either that or provide dorm keys (just being able to lock the front gate isn't enough security especially when there's no lockers), secondly more toilets & showers are required and the cold shower needs fixing (I head one staff mention it's been broken for months).

I think it is a nice and good hostel for young people to stay in. Sadly one of the two showers had no warm water, so I always had to go to another grouproom to take a shower... Also the bathrooms could have been a little cleaner...

• 17th Apr 2014

Good hostel, very receptive, nice and new beds/instalations. Some points I have to mention: in the day we stayed at the hostel there was no hot water in our bathroom; you have to make yur own breakfast, and if you are going to the volcano you can't do it because it's too early and you're not allowed to use the kitchen.

• 17th Apr 2014

Postive: The best mattress I have slept on in Chile! Negative: hot shower declared -> just ice cold water the dormitory was really cramped (the room mate's feed almost in my face!) as well as the cooking area just one bathroom for dormitories is too little and was accordingly often occupied and dirty

Hi!!, we could finally fix the heater, sorry for all the inconvenience. Next time you will have a free night. The kitchen is not small, what we did not consider is that is so good, that 100% of our guests do not spend money in restaurants so all want to cook in it. As a small hostel we reccomend be patience, and enjoy meanwhile you share experiences in this lovely area that sometimes can be collpased at peak hours

I had a really great stay at the hostel, Location was perfect and easy to walk from the bus station. Ricardo and Herman were very kind and helpful. Nice dorm beds with fresh linen and duvets, cosy fire in the TV area and a decent wifi. Would highly recommend to stay here! Juliette :)

Room was very cramped - the smallest we've been in so far, and locker was very small, not even big enough for a small backpack. Staff were friendly and kitchen facilities quite good.

Thanks D for your trully opinion. From today we have just lost the award of the smalles room. We took out one of the beds so you have plenty of space now. And about the lockers. Is true, they are smaller than usual ones, for not taking more space of the room and so you protect your important things as iipads, passports and others, your shoes can sleep outside and nobody takes clothes from your backpack. PLus this is a very small and secure hostel always

Had an outstanding stay. I would recommend this hostel to anyone. Clean facilities and friendly staff. Hot breakfast was provided each morning for us, and the staff was very generous letting us use the refrigerator to store food. We enjoyed spending time with the other guests around to campfire every night.

• 5th Apr 2014

This hostel has a very cool vibe with awesome staff, really comfy beds, good kitchen, good common room, group movie time, camp fire sing-a-longs at night, individual lockers for each bed and really good location across the road from a big supermarket and one block from the main street. Could have stayed here for a long time.

great environment and great staff who were very friendly and helpful

• 4th Apr 2014

the bathroom was not clean and there was no paper, cleaning the room was poor, only removed the soiled linens and put a new, overall the reception was fast, we stored luggage on departure day, I borrowed shorts to go to the baths, towels were missing. - in relation to price, was good, only lack them pay more attention to the cleanliness of the place that is spectacular. -

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Chile

thanks for your feedback dude. Very high expectations i can see. Well, we´ll gonna be working hard for your next visit. Asn remembver, that sometimes chileans get confused between hostels and hotels. This is a 8.000 per night with breakfast included concept. So for the low price, sometimes we can not cover all high expectations. This is not a esxcuse, but we put much of our effort on making it nice, to have good vibes and help international travellers to kkep on thir long terms journeys

nice and warm spot, same quality as the rest in santiago great matresses and kitchen, just n front of the supermarket and footsteps from the mail spots at pucon. 100% reccomended

Cozy rooms, cool staff, well equipped kitchen and central located. We had a super fun time!

• 18th Mar 2014

My sister and I were disappointed with this hostel. We had booked a double deluxe room, and when we saw our room, it was very small - the double bed just about fit in the room. However, the next day we saw the double room next door which was much bigger, and obviously the double deluxe. It was also difficult to find the staff when we needed to find out about things. Overall, my sister and I were not impressed with our stay here.

Hi, thanks for staying with us and your feedback. At TPI Hostel Pucon we manage various type of rooms and dorms. As you say, the one next to you is bigger, and is more expensive also.$35.000 chilean pesos. As you paid only 28.000 the system automaticlly allocate you on the smaller room. If you would paid the 35.000 you would have the pleasure of the bir room. This is a small hostel where I work alone, so sometimes I´m on my room or making purchases at the supermarket for your breakfast

Lovely little hostel with a great atmosphere. Stayed a day longer than I intended to :).