The Princesa Insolente Hostel Reviews

Moneda #2350, Santiago, Chile

The location of this hostel isn't great as it is far from the centre, but it is a nice clean hostel with a big kitchen, excellent wifi and big lockers. One member of staff was very friendly and helpful but the others weren't so good - having asked if I could have breakfast early one morning (8am so not at a crazy hour) as I had a bus to catch, they said fine but when it came to it I was made to feel like an inconvenience. Atmosphere isn't great but it's a decent enough hostel.

staff was cheerful and very helpful, but there were only two showers for females to share: one was broken, and the other one was terrible, one of the worst hostel showers I've ever used. Bathroom locks were also broken and in general, it wasn't that clean.

Good hostel nice staff and friendly travelers. Id stay here again.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. The place is quite new, clean and well maintained, the staff was always very friendly and helpful and the facilities were always there to make you fell the most comfortable you could in a hostel. The price is also very good and reasonable compared to other options in Santiago and South America. The only con would be the bedrooms space. They are a bit small for the number of beds available (like 5 or 6). Highly recommended anyway!

Quite street. Soon you walk in very cute and unique painting hostel. Staff not friendly not enough knowledge even simple thing. Has private bar small place young guys love party till late.room was small and dirty super noisy will not recommended this hostel.

Beautiful hostel, cool design and friendly staff. I really enjoy my stay, thanks princesa insolente, you rock!

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Best hostel I've ever been, comfy beds, really nice and helpful staff, good breakfast included, good music and a good touch on the decoration

The best hostel experience I have ever had. I stayed here over course of one month and felt like I had a family by the time I left. Very clean and the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in in a hostel. Close to two major subway lines and a 20 min walk to some of the best sights in Santiago.

absolutely wonderfull, best hostel ever, great beds even better than mine at home and great party friday nigth! I also went around pichilemu and pucon and same good vibes. higly reccomended!

This is the first hostel I have ever stayed in. My first time travelling also and I was a bit nervous but those feelings were gone after the fisrt day as i was made to feel like this place was my own home! all the staff were very nice and very helpful. Great location, close to 2 different metro stations that take you anywhere in the city within a matter ofminutes. I reccomended this place to some friends and they have all said the same thing after their stay and I would reccomend it again!

Staff were super friendly, and the location is just amazing.

I stayed in the dorm which a split floor with no bunks, this was a good idea as you all get your own individual space. There are a few minor issues one the door to the dorm does not close, so if like me your in the bed directly in front of it there can be some disturbances from kitchen noise, lights and lack of privacy. The room is also subject to a creaky staircase and noisy pipes. Having said that the hostel is a lovely place, with very helpful and knowledgeable staff who all speak English

• 6th Feb 2014

The hostel was really homey. The staff were nice and the people were great.

The beds were comfy, had blinds to block light at night when people turned the lights on. I am a very seasoned traveler but even my earplugs couldn't block out the blaring music at 4am. The next morning I had to get a flight but the staff weren't there for breakfast. The showers were freezing and shared but the blinds don't cover the full cubicle. The lockers can't be locked unless you have a big padlock. Overall it is a good hostel, just a few things need to be seen to.

Located near where the airpost bus drops off. Nice big lockers. Comfortable bunks. Had two outsiders sleep in our room one night, so security not too tight. Nice kitchen, lots of room. WiFi quite slow. Really helpful staff.

In a quieter area of the city, but not far from subway, and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. Good kitchen and outdoor common area with a bar.

Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. There was no air con, just a fan - but this was enough. We had a wall mounted TV and satellite box, both good. The private bathroom was clean and the water was hot, thankfully! the shower was very good - probably the best I encountered in South America. The hostel facilities seemed good, wifi was ok - but not very fast. The bar was reasonable and the coffee was very nice. Breakfast was included, simple but nice. I would recommend this hostel.

I might skip this place if I was to return to Santiago. There is no AC so all the windows/doors are open all the time. There are lockers but it leaves something to be desired security-wise. They also play music in the courtyard VERY LOUD and late at night and since all the windows/doors are open you hear it all the time. I was going crazy when I first arrived because I just wanted a nap but couldn't sleep. And you have to pay extra for coffee at breakfast!!

Lovely Hostel near the centre or Mendosa. The asado dinner and free empanada classes really are excellent. The Brazilian guitar players staying there certainly added to the evening atmosphere, yet they were firm and fair about dampening down the noise so that people could sleep. Staff can tell you how to get to wineries on local busses. Great for all ages!! Had a great time!

Pro: Very helpful staff. Two blocks from metro Station Republica. Free access to the pool in La Casa Roja Hostel. Very safe and clean. I could say it's a cozy ambient. There is a bar inside selling beer until midnight. Cons: Feel bars close (just restaurants). There is no coffee in the breakfast, only tea. If you want coffee you have to buy it from their bar.

yes! we have marley coffee exclusevily organic coffee USDA certificated straigth from jamaica to princesa insolente! 2x1 during sumer time best ever to start a nice day ;)

« first « Prev 1 2 3