The Princesa Insolente Hostel Reviews

Moneda #2350, Santiago, Chile

Awesome hostel with a great patio, fully equipped kitchen, a small bar and confy beds. I never slept so well in 1 year of travels! The staff was particularly helpful!

friendly staff, safe place. nothing to complain!

• 9th Aug 2014

I only stayed of a night and in this hostel due to the proximity of the Los Heroes station, where the bus to the airport leaves from. Due to my short stay I can't say much...the hostel is fairly big, even the large rooms have a private feel to them though, Beds are comfortable, power outlets are everywhere. Having to put sheets on and taking them off (even if you leave in the middle of the night and might wake others) is a bit annoying. Overall I'd stay longer, though!

Wasn't the best hostel I've been to, crapy breakfast, Since winter season place was pretty cold and didn't like walking outside after I have showered, I stayed here 2 nights but they have another hostel 2 blocks away with an excellent staff which were very helpful with all my activities while in Santiago. 50/50 good and bad hostel.

Hostel set in a really cool house. Really good location. 10-15 walk into the centre of Santiago. Good wifi all over the hostel. Kitchen was a good size. Bathrooms weren't cleaned everyday. And when people checked out their duvet covers weren't cleaned either. Only fresh fitted sheet, top sheet and pillowcase given - not too sure how hygienic this really is?? You decide! Overal a nice stay in Santiago at this hostel.

This hostel is one of te best hostels I've ever stayed in! The staff are brilliant! Just lovely, lovely, helpful people! The beds are great which is a welcomed change. I ended up spending 3 weeks in Santiago and stayed in this hostel the whole time and plan on going back before I fly home. A home away from home! :)

• 8th Jul 2014

A really good location! It's exactly between the main bus station and the city center. Breakfast is good and the staff really helpful. Direction is at first kind of confusing, because it's still like 15min walk away from the presidents palace La Moneda.

exactly, we are situaded between 2 main subway lines, free breakfast at all rates and we work every day so every guest can have the best service from our staff team, a great culinary escenary around and patrimonial enviroment... a must in the middle of the city....

My girlfriend loves this hostel. Good atmosphere, nice people and quite close to Santiago's downtown. When we stayed there weren't much people, but the place still was cozy.

Everything was good minus the TV and Internet connection which did not work in our private room while we stayed there.

This was a very friendly hostel, where it was easy to meet people. Breakfast was good, cereal and toast. Good wifi.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Great for the cheap price. Hostel is what you would expect, not super clean but does the job. Toilets were really clean, shower was average and bed / linen was a little grotty. The staff were ok, not super helpful but if you asked them something they would help you and they were friendly enough. Location was fine, felt safe there. Breakfast was cereal and bread. WiFi was hit and miss sometimes.

yes super great for a cheap price, best matresses each bed with a lamp swith and nigth table and clean and colorful bathrooms and free brakfast

Hi, we've stayed in P. Insolente for 2N in a private double room (purple). The location of the hostel was perfect. Close to lots of good restaurants, bohemian neighborhoods, and close to the subway station. The staff was very helpful, and they were all very kind. My cons are related to the cleanliness of the room, very bad. And to the bathtub of the same room, which was very dangerous. My girlfriend have slept on it, and hurt her leg. Luck she hasn't hit her head. TV of th room wasn't working.

well, hostels do not have room service, if you stay 1 or 4 nigths you keep your cleaneless, over 5 days we clean batroom change sheets and towels. and bathrooms could be dangerous as in any other place, we are a certificate place and bathrooms are in order

good alround hostel for a stay in santiego.

The only thing I didn`t like about this place was the location. It`s a bit far from the city centre but there`s a metro station close by anyway. Everything else was great. I found the staff to be particularly helpful during my stay. The breakfast is better than average and the 10 bed dorm where I stayed in was spacious with good lockers. The indoor communal area is a bit small but there`s a larger space outisde where you can enjoy drinks and chill out. There are also two computers for guest use.

well, location could be bad depending on how you take it, this is a patrimonial neighbourhood with many rich sspots to explore if you are someone interested in knowing the real santiago city also with a rich culinary area and in the middle of 2 subway lines. ask for your gide to check the neifghbourd at reception!

Great hostel and would defintaly recommend it to others.

• 3rd May 2014

great guests are always welcome to invite all of their friends along to meet us, we will love to received them at home

This was the second time we stayed at Princesa and it was like we had come home. The staff are so friendly and they have the most comfortable hotel beds ever!

yes best matresses ever!

Great hostel!

Stayed there 4 nights, every night there was a party going on. Looked like there is no "deadline" for noise at night. And then all the drunk people ran in and out the dorm all night long, switching on the light etc. Beside that I really liked staying there, it's a nice, cosy hostel!

• 25th Apr 2014

well loud music is permitted until midnigth, after midnigth we have free pass for some clubs to take guest who want to keep the party and volume gets low just enough for those who want to keep sharing some stories and wine

Really enjoyed the Hostel itself, but the location wasn't the best. Stayed in the private double room which was a good size and good value for money. Private en suite (located across from the room) was good and clean with updated fittings. Staff were friendly and relaxed, only some spoke english. Ended up staying at the sister hostel in Pichilemu (Punta De Lobos) which was absolutely amazing, a must go to for every backpacker! Check it out!

yes we have 2 more hostels aorund chile lindo, one placed in Pichilemu beach, sirena insolente hostel, a perfect surf spot, and another one in pucon where you can enjoy south the volcano lake and outdoor activities . check it out!

Cool arty decorations in the hostel. Very good beds, each bed has an own readinglight and socket to charge your electronics. Nice patio to sit and relax. Friendly staff. Quite close to 2 metrolines.