The Princesa Insolente Hostel Reviews

Moneda #2350, Santiago, Chile

I might skip this place if I was to return to Santiago. There is no AC so all the windows/doors are open all the time. There are lockers but it leaves something to be desired security-wise. They also play music in the courtyard VERY LOUD and late at night and since all the windows/doors are open you hear it all the time. I was going crazy when I first arrived because I just wanted a nap but couldn't sleep. And you have to pay extra for coffee at breakfast!!

Lovely Hostel near the centre or Mendosa. The asado dinner and free empanada classes really are excellent. The Brazilian guitar players staying there certainly added to the evening atmosphere, yet they were firm and fair about dampening down the noise so that people could sleep. Staff can tell you how to get to wineries on local busses. Great for all ages!! Had a great time!

Pro: Very helpful staff. Two blocks from metro Station Republica. Free access to the pool in La Casa Roja Hostel. Very safe and clean. I could say it's a cozy ambient. There is a bar inside selling beer until midnight. Cons: Feel bars close (just restaurants). There is no coffee in the breakfast, only tea. If you want coffee you have to buy it from their bar.

yes! we have marley coffee exclusevily organic coffee USDA certificated straigth from jamaica to princesa insolente! 2x1 during sumer time best ever to start a nice day ;)

Very nice and well decorated hostel, good in general, quiet sometimes, busy others, and party others. Lovely neigbour, with a lot of night life, full of bars and restaurants and very cultural as it is the oldes and traditional neigbour in Santiago, with amazing architecture from old times and big palaces. Actually, this insolente guys also owns a hostel in the corner with swimming pool that you can use if you stay in Princesa. Thanks to the staff for their good vibes and to the best matress ever

yes! we do have free access to the pool every day every time at our other bigger hostel just around the corner! also activities every week at both places for our guests and a fun summer time don´t miss it!

I booked in advance, so got a good price for the dorms. The atmosphere is amazing, meet great people. It's a place for young people. I wouldn't recommend it for older people or families. One thing that should improve is the breakfast.

Cozy hostel. A bit messy. Staff was friendly, but not so pro-active.

Beds are very comfortable, the men's bathroom has two showers but only one is used cause there is a foul smell coming out of the other one. It seems like they clean the bathrooms once a day, cause most of the time they are dirty. The kitchen is awesome, the bar is great and the staff is pretty cool.

Lovely hostel with very nice decoration and full of little details. Such us courtains in bunk beds, real spring matresses twin size and very good vibe arround. The hostel in general was ok and nice, what i like most is all the chances and activities that i made being there. I went surfing to The Sirena Insolente hostel in Pichilemu, I aslo spend some days in the swimming pool of La casa roja that is in the corner of Princesa and I make a lot of friends thanks to this chain of hostels. ´ll be bac

Nice people, decent communal area

Really good beds, with your own shelf and powersockets and all. Breakfast was nice and varied each day, (no free coffee tho, which is a bummer). We didn't really find much to do in Barrio Brasil but the metro was close. Huge kitchen with lots of space for several poeple to cook at once. Nice staff.

Cute hostel

Hostel was 20 minute walk from train/Bus Station. 20 minute walk to main Square. Breakfast was good. wi-Fi was good. Overall a good stay

Overall is very good, well decorated in different colors and nice common spaces with couches. You can use the swimming pool in their other hostel, 5min walking. You can also walk to take the bus to the airport, which is a very good advantage. The negative point is the breakfast: it is not served from 8am as said and it consists in just some cereals and some milk.... I wouldn't call it a breakfast!! But if you don't mind to go out as we did, there are plenty of nice bars facing the park> lovely!

I really loved to stay in the princess insolente hostel: it's lovely, the atmosphere is really good and everybody is hanging out with everybody, the hostel is near a metrostation so you are good connected,neighbourhood is authentic and quite safe, kitchen and patio are very nice, never had such a good bed in a dorm and on my hole trip never felt that comfortable in a hostel: congratulations! i'll defentively come back ;-)

Really nice, colourfully decorated hostel. Location is pretty much perfect. Super easy to get to everything good in the city. Well equipped kitchen for cooking. Could've done with a few more showers for the amount of beds they're selling though. Overall a good place though. Met some nice people there

It was the worst stay ever since my last 3 years of travelling and it's not because of other guests, it's fully because of STAFF! I booked a bed in 5 bed dorm where it is right next to the reception. The receptionist put on loud music until 1 in the morning. And 2 out of 5 beds in our room belong to staffs who always enter the room at 3.30 am or 4.00 am. making such a loud noise by going through their luggages, lockers, turning on light, etc,. I didn't have good sleep for 3 nights. Not cool!

Good hostel with nice comfy atmosphere. Quite busy but adds to the charm. Good beds, loved the cosy feel with the light, shelves and plugs for each bed. Don't forget to bring a big padlock as the lockers don't work with small ones.

excellent place to stay, i would suggest it in the future for my friends, to bad that the girls staying there were really ugly

good clean hostel, nice vibe loveing the atmosphere. staff was really helpfull, and staying extra nights was no problem. defently would come back! thanks for my first hang-over :-)

• 18th Nov 2013

Very nice kitchen and breakfast. Hot shower very good and cozy rooms. The staff is very helpful and prepare breakfast to take out to very early tours.