The Purple House International Backpackers' Hostel Reviews

Avenida Sexta Oesta y Calle C Sur, atras de la Camara de Comercio, David City, Panama

I just stayed in the Purple House one night, in between bus rides, and it was a very decent place to do so. The hostel was clean and comfortable, and Andrea is a welcoming host. She was also very responsive when I told here there was a problem with the dorm's bathroom -- took care of it that same morning. All in all, a good bang for your buck.

Andrea was very helpful and even gave me a free room upgrade from a private without a TV to one that had one after I shared my plan to just relax all day. Also she shared with me some bananas from the tree outside that had just ripened_ delicious!! Be aware of the fine print for the private rooms as ac is available, but not included in the price!

great little hostel. has a big shopping centre very close, including a 24-hour supermarket. you pay $1 extra for a hot shower but this is one town we didn't need one of those! host was super friendly and lots of information to offer. down side was no breakfast incl which was kinda inconvenient if you're only there 1 night (but you do get coffee), and its a decent walk from the bus station, especially in the heat with a heavy pack but apparently its only a couple of $ for a taxi.would recommend

This hostel was an ok value for the money. However, the space felt claustrophobic, wasn't very clean, and smelled like dog.

Nice place. Andrea was very helpful. It doesn't have AC and it is very hot in David so be prepared for that.

Hi Tim, thanks for the kind words. Just for your information, our private rooms all have AC and in about 3-4 months we will be installing air-conditioning in one of our dorms. Come back soon!

Hope you like the color purple! :P This place was a nice place to spend the night... Peaceful, which was good, because the only reason I was in David was to catch a bus early the next morning. That's what this hostel was was just a peaceful place to stay. The staff was nice enough, and the house was nice enough and clean. But don't expect a party here!

Well, the hostel gods of PEACE and QUIET must have been shining their countenance upon you because things can get pretty loud and crazy here too, at times we have quite the party crowd! Happy you got your good night sleep when you needed it!

Great location love the purple

We just have stayed there for one night on our way to Boquete and the Hostel "Mama" was very friendly and shared a lot of information about what we should do in Boquete. The Hostel is a 5min taxi ride from the bus station and the next super market is 5 minutes on foot.

Hostel is fairly basic, but has good wifi. You need to pay extra for hot showers and air conditioning, but for the price of the rooms that's not too big a slap in the face. Middle of the road sort of place, not bad, but not great either.

THE reason to come to David! Hostel owners should be learning from Andrea, the owner, how to run their hostels! I've seen 55 countries and perhaps at least 200 hostels but none like this before first of all because of the unique personal touch by the owner. It makes the entire experience when there's someone to genuinely help you in a foreign country. The hostel is highest metaphysical color of purple and I loved it it was sooo good all I'm going to say is I really love this place!