The Purple House International Backpackers' Hostel Reviews

Avenida Sexta Oesta y Calle C Sur, atras de la Camara de Comercio, David City, Panama

Quiet hostel in a so-so town did the job for a one night stop over between buses but couldn't imagine being there for very long as nothing much in the area to do.

Thanks for the review. We're surprised that you didn't find anything to do, considering that David is the 2nd largest city in Panama. In fact, on our bulletin board in the common room there's a list of 25 things that one can do here in the city. And in the area? How about mountains, beaches, rivers, ancient petroglyphs, animal sanctuaries, waterfalls, canyons, volcano, hiking? Next time, please stay for more than a night and you will discover all the great things that Chiriqui has to offer.

I just stayed in the Purple House one night, in between bus rides, and it was a very decent place to do so. The hostel was clean and comfortable, and Andrea is a welcoming host. She was also very responsive when I told here there was a problem with the dorm's bathroom -- took care of it that same morning. All in all, a good bang for your buck.

Andrea was very helpful and even gave me a free room upgrade from a private without a TV to one that had one after I shared my plan to just relax all day. Also she shared with me some bananas from the tree outside that had just ripened_ delicious!! Be aware of the fine print for the private rooms as ac is available, but not included in the price!