The Purple Pig Reviews

84001 Ios - Mylopotas, Cyclades, Ios, Greece

Was so close to mylopotas beach that we got to enjoy the weather to the fullest, room was small but for what you pay it's what you need for a few nights stay. Lovely people who run it and very friendly. Also close to bus stop if you wanna go to the village or port.

I stayed here in low season, for one night I was even the only person. But the staff was very friendly and gave me a private room with bathroom although I didnt pay for it. You can hear the waves in the room, which I loved.

Awesome hostel. Good location pretty much on the beach and easy to get into town. Was a bit quiet when we were there because wasn't peak season, but George and his parents are really nice and try really hard to make sure you have a great stay.! And if you want to go out and have a crazy night talk George into going with you!

Had a very welcomed stay. The vibe around the place was awesome and met sooo many good people at the hostel. I recommend to stay here!

• 24th Aug 2013

Staff were great and very close to beach. Accommodation and Bar were great value for money

Would recommend anybody to this hostel! George who runs it is not only an absolute legend but always willing to help! The pool is sensational, the food is awesome and it is the cheapest and best pre drinks bar in Ios! Made some absolute friends for life here! The Purple Pig is an awesome place to stay in Ios for both partying and chilling out!

Purple Pig is Sick!! Food is excellent and george and mike are legends. deffinately stay here if you are going to Ios the party island!!!

Love love loved this hostel!! George is great! He is so helpful and learns the names of everyone who stays there also. And it's a great location, close to the beach and town. I would definitely return here.

Fantastic location, facilities just what we needed. But most of all the staff is the friendliest we have come across. Ios is a party place but you can do all that at night, it's nice to have a place to relax. Forget 'Far Out' if you want to day party you can walk in there anyway. To go hard at night but chill during the day, Purple Pig was great

I was really surprised to found for a very cheap price a private double room, the room got also the fridge.Then I was in a 4 bedroom where with my surprise I found 2 single bed and a bunk bed, so was much better. The old owner is very friendly and available. The bar atmosphere also very intimate and friendly. That hostel get also a large swimming pool were you can chilling out.

Great friendly staff and great location. Enjoyed my stay there.

George the guy who runs the hostel is a great bloke and only wants you to have the best time during your staying, coming out and partying with us most night we were there and was able to help out many of our friends with rooms as well after they realised how much better than far out it is. Great hostel with great people all just wanting you to have the best time possible in ios.

• 23rd Jul 2013

Bath matts in the bathrooms would be good, also a seperate rubbish bin in the room is needed so you do not need to use the toilet bin.

Great spot, big room for the price really friendly staff especially George the manager he really looked after us. Good pool and food. Super easy access to beach and cafes etc on the beach, walk into town not bad cos your pissed every night. Only criticism is that once you drop the name 'purple pig' to girls it's not exactly enticing. Overall great hostel definitely reccomend it

• 17th Jul 2013

The Purple Pig is an incredible hostel and i would recommend it to anyone between the ages of 18-30. The assistance from the staff, the atmosphere and place itself was great and i am wishing to go back!

• 16th Jul 2013

George is great!

Purple Pig is perfect for people who are in Ios to party, who are looking for a cheap place to stay, close to the town and the beach and who don't care about how clean the place is or how well the shower works. But for a couple like us it was not the greatest place, the shower took literally 5-7 minutes to warm up and the beds (they don't have double beds) were very uncomfortable. The owners are very nice though and gave us a ride back and forth from the beach.

Great hostel, located 2 minutes away from the beach. Walking to town is hilly, but not too long. Staff was incredibly kind and helpful. They paid for our transport to and from the port; they made us coffee in the morning. The best hostel I've been to yet, didn't want to leave!

• 1st May 2013