The Q Reviews

4F, No.25, Lane 26, TaiShun St., DaAn Dist., Taipei, Taiwan

Nice place to stay in Taipei. Close to night market and mrt, and staff is extremely friendly!

a bit of screw up when I was checking in. took me 45min to get in contact with someone and then another 45min to check in to the right apartment. Place is very very clean except for the toilet. Some bugs n mini flies dwelling in there though it doesn't stink. Location is very good. And place is really cosy.

The best hostel I've stayed compared to those in UK and Spain. Pros: Good Wifi signal, clean and quiet environment, IKEA style furnishings, you can wash your own clothes here, almost got everything you want for a hostel. Cons: No 24-hour receptionist, but it's not a big deal for me.

Excellent choice for me! 5 stars in most categories. Nice facility, very helpful staff. Good location in the city centre though the street itself is quiet. The only challenge is to find it first place. Can recommend. Last but not least, I find kind people there.

Thanks so much for the encouraging words, we do hope you enjoy your stay in Taiwan and learn the advance martial arts technique as you planned. All the best to my bro !

Stayed at The Q for five nights, and had a very pleasant time. High points: The owner, Dave, is a very nice, interesting guy, who I found to be helpful and insightful. The location right next to Shida night market is fantastic. At least based on the people I met during my stay, the hostel attracts a down-to-earth group of people who are fun to hang out with. Low points: The toilet/shower rooms could be cleaner (but not nearly as bad as others said). Thanks and またね, Dave!

• 19th May 2014

Hi Josh, thanks for you heart warming comment. Believe you will soon find a real job you love. And we will keep up at the good work in all we do and improve the not so cool part !

Cool place to stay! Became to feel like at home. Can definitively recommend it to anybody. THX Dave! Greetings skater tenant

• 16th May 2014
  • Switzerland

David, thanks a lot for your compliments, have a great study in Taipei !

The Q is the best Hostel that I have ever stayed in. It's like renting an Apartment together with friends. :)

现在人在垦丁的我表示住了这么多个地儿Q公寓最好!!是三室一厅两卫的房子,厨房音响、电视、餐厅、冰箱、洗衣机、沙发、吃的(厨房里各种调料和餐具,常驻的朋友极方便)神马的应有尽有,房间内有衣柜有桌子有椅子~ 还是宜家的床嘞!简直物超所值n倍!我真心不是打广告。另外给老板个建议,快照些好看照片宣传啊~记得订的时候没有吸引我呢。希望下次来台北Q公寓火起来~~ps男生情况也一样赞!还有出门就是师大夜市!师大哟,夜市哟,衣服便宜哟XD

很開心你喜歡這裡,我們下次見囉! Vanna/The Q

This hostel is surprisingly great! It's super homey and has everything you need. The location couldn't be better and the staff are so so so nice and accommodating and helpful with whatever you come across. The beds are also super comfortable, more comfortable than my bed back home actually! Definitely recommend it, and you can't beat the price either.

• 13th May 2014

불편한점 없이 편하게 지냈습니다. 딱히 좋은점도 나쁜점도 없었어요.

• 5th May 2014
  • South Korea

Everything was fantastic except for the bathrooms, which were old and kind of gross. However, the location is great and near a night market and subway station. The staff is super helpful, and the common area and beds are good. Feels more like an apartment, and the girls' dormitory is in another building far from the mixed.

Dennis, the host was really really nice. Great location. There is a night market in 1-minute walk, with loads of good food. I stayed there for 3 nights. I would definitely come again to this hostel if I go to Taipei in the future.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Location is also very good.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Luxembourg

Great place to stay, totally feel like home! Big living room, very clean, very cozy and comfortable. It is in a quite lane, can sleep well, while walk 30 meters you can reach Shida night market, amazing. 10 mins walk from metro station, but 2 mins walk from a U-Bike station (free bike system by gov), so it is quite convenient to see the area by bike. 2 bathroom in the girls apartment, never need to wait. Dennis the manager is very kind and helpful! Highly recommend! Lynn

• 8th Apr 2014
  • China

Denis was helpful with planing my trip. Very nice atmosphere, small and cosy Hostel. You get in Touch with the other Guests very quick. I really enjoyed my stay.

A lovely apartment with clean and comfortable rooms, warm and cozy atmosphere. All facilities in good working order. Convenient location in central TPE and good price. Brilliant backpackers heaven to stay. Highly recommend!!

It`s a nice hostel in a very good area, easy to find. The beds are comfortable but both bathrooms, shower and toilet were not clean at all. because of that, I would not stay here again.

It was one of the greatest stays I had! Dennis was very helpful and I enjoyed my time with the other girls who stayed there as well! It was so clean and quiet and right next to Shida night market. Highly recommend!

The hostel is located just off of the ShiDa Night Market (師大夜市), which means that there's lots of tasty food, but none of the noise. There are two metro stations very close (Tai Power Building and Guting Station -- 台電大樓, 古亭站), so it's easy to get to other parts of the city. The hostel is an apartment with a kitchen and living room for guests. Dennis, the manager of the men's hostel, is exceptionally helpful and very friendly. A great hostel -- worth every penny, great location. 很好玩!

The q was a nice place to stay. Almost reminded me of a university apartment, since the setting is small and welcoming. Like others have said, the social environment is reliant upon the few other people there, and I was happy to meet some nice other travellers. Overall, a good stay