The Quality Inn Gloucester City Reviews

1200 Crescent Boulevard, Route 130 and Market Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

The location from Philadelphia is a bit off. Luckily I rented a car because I don't think there is any public transportation that goes to the city. The breakfast was average with a plus on making your own waffle, which I like.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

The location of the hostel was not that close to Philadelphia as it said on the website. Big disappointment.

• 19th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

Lingering smell of damp. Toilet only just functioning properly.

• 30th Aug 2013

DO NOT BOOK HERE THROUGH HOSTELWORLD. The staff at the hotel does not have access to the hostelworld acct n WILL NOT have your reservation. If they have availability you will still be charged IN FULL and your deposit made through hostelworld is NOT APPLIED.

When we arrived the man on reception couldn't find our booking and acted very rudely towards us. He seemed to be trying to catch us out- even though I had printed everything off that I had been sent including confirmations and reservation numbers, he still asked if I could log into the computer and get my email up and then when I did he said 'it wouldn't help him'. Not a great experience on arrival! We had a great weekend but the hotel wasn't a factor in this.

• 20th Apr 2013
  • Wales

the hostel was clean. it was handy to be able to use the internet for free. Negative: I asked the hostel bfor directions for travel from the station in Philly; NO answer. I asked for info about Philly where to rent a bike. The staff said there was no such thing, which was incorrect. The staff was not very helpfull to provide info about Philly. Usually staffmembers love to help, but not here.

A little rough around the edges, a bit dated in terms of decor and there was a bit of dampness in the room. However, motel did meet expectations, staff were friendly enough and there was a decent set of facilties, providing good value for money for the price of $46. A comfortable respite for a pair of travellers!

• 10th Sep 2012

The general manager was very nice and helpful, he even gave us directions when we bumped into him in the street, However, this hotel was advertised as downtown Philadelpia but it was in New Jersey, 20 mins horrible bus journey (through Camden NJ, Which has the highest crime rates in the whole of the US) or a $35 cab ride. We requested a non- smoking room, but the room stunk of cigarettes the towels were grubby but the housekeeping staff were friendly, the area wasnt nice at all.

• 7th May 2012

Really normal US hotel. Had an AWESOME down mattress.

This hotel was said to be in Philly in the website. But when we went there, it turned out to be in New Jersey, near Camden, where the crime rate is known to be so high. We were shocked when we saw that the hotel was so far away from Philly centre. And the transportation was not easy. We had to walk a lot of miles to catch a bus and taxis didn't take us as they didn't want to cross the river. So, the location info was misleading, don't fall for that!

Really good facilities. However, poor wifi. And it's really far from downtown if you don't have a car.

• 23rd Feb 2012
  • China

A clean and comfortable hostel to stay at. We would have appreciated a bit more information about buses as we did not have our own transport.

• 14th Jan 2012

This Motel was the best we have on our trip from Miami to NewYork

The place is not a hostel, it's more like a cheap hotel. It's far from Philadelphia, breakfast was nice, it was clean BUT they charged me full price although I already paid for deposit via hostelworld.com. So if you wanna stay here, just be careful when you pay, they will probably try to overcharge you.

Don’t try this place! The front desk staff was mean. He deliberately lied to us to make us pay more rooms. I booked a night for a 4-bed private room and then extended my stay to 2 nights through hostelworld booking system, paid deposit for the 2 nights and a 5 dollar service fee. However, this guy at the front desk told me that I myself "canceled" my reservation and made us take much more expensive rooms in the end. Really bad experience and unfriendly environmental in all.

• 16th Sep 2011
  • China

never going back to that scary place. air con wet the carpet so always had to wear flip flops management watched as you struggled with all your bags through the glass doors. towels dirty YOU PROVIDE A MICROWAVE AND REFRIGERATOR BUT NOTHING TO EAT OFF AND REFUSED TO PROVIDE PLATES AND SILVERWARE UNTIL I KICKED UP A FUSS. Breakfast was provided BUT of disposable plates...YUK!!!! awful experience overall

• 17th Aug 2011

It is like a hotel. You will need a car to reach it. Everything was fantastic. Even we use the pool!

Don't stay there. One reason is it is far away from Philadephia city. Second reason is that the staff there are very tricky. I paid 10% deposit while I did online booking. When i check out, the staff there still charged me full amount of the fee disregard the deposot I paid. After my arguement, they refund me the deposit.