The Queen's Reviews

Via Cavour, 15, Firenze, Florence, Italy

The hostel was in a perfect position, really close to the center of Florence; only the fact the room was for 9ppl instead of 7, the bathroom broke and they tax 2.50more the price (Florence tax but there was not write in the website page). Kitchen big but no towels.. I enjoyed my stay there, but probably I could choose something better.

Beds were really uncofortable and hard to get some sleep in. The staff was Hardy there and didn't do much. We had someone ring at the door for ages and the Guy couldn't' get the main door open. We had to run down and open since he didn't care.

• 4th Sep 2015
  • Sweden

Great location, within ten minutes walking distance of everything to see, but the hostel had no atmosphere at all, seemed more like a place for travelers to store their bags than a hostel so if you are looking to meet people this is not the place. Kitchen and wifi, but only two bathrooms so there is a line at times. Also very noisey on the street so I would bring some ear plugs.

• 3rd Sep 2015

Location is perfect. Just 50 meters to Duomo. Security is very poor. Rooms are crowded. You should be looking for just a place to sleep, it is not so comfortable to hang out in the place. It is more like a student dormitory.

Good location, staff, atmosphere. But not have safe.

This is a good hostel. Not as bad as some of the comments make it out to be. No problems with the room, kitchen and balcony is nice. Wifi is not perfect but I went to Subway down the street if It wasn't working. Location is great and it's so small you get know everyone. I would recommend it anyone

ADVICE: Do NOT stay here. We arrived late in the evening and simply got turned away being told there were no beds despite having reservation. They spoke little English and were very unfriendly and intimidating. They gave us no help and we were left on the street at 10pm with nowhere to stay forcing us to book an expensive hotel for he night. Furthermore from what we saw of the hostel, facilities were awful, no wifi, atmosphere was drear and there seemed to be some restrictive curfew in place.

• 17th Jul 2015

DO NOT STAY HERE! Although it is located near the city centre this is without a doubt the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. When we got there we couldn't get in after ringing the bell multiple times. Eventually we were let in but really wish we hadn't as it is absolutely disgusting. There were two rooms as you first walk in and one had two mattresses pushed together. There are no lockers for your things and there is one bathroom for all guests. Absolutely awful.

I did not sleep at all. It was very hot and very loud.

Few bathrooms for the amount of people. The Internet almost didn't worked at all. Just few times.

Please check email and respond

A complete waste of money - poorly ventilated room cramped up with as many as 7 beds during peak periods, a single toilet shared with at least 15 other occupants. Old and run-down, great if you would like to save some money to experience the history of the city.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Singapore

The kitchen had a really nasty smell. The people who stayed there weren't the best. Not a good hostel for meeting people. Not conducive for making random friends

The man at reception was very kind. The top floor of the dorm is nicer than the floor I stayed on but overall, it was clean, it had a kitchen, the location is fabulous, easy to get around and go back if you want a break

Nice Hostel staff was very helpful and kind. There is a kitchen you can use which is perfect because eating outside is really expensive. But the best thing is the location. 10 min walk from the main train station and 5 min from the Duomo ! The price was really fair for the location

Location is great. WIFI only works 50% of the time, so beware if that's an important factor in your decision.

Awesome job!

They gave me the wrong keys so I was locked out of the hostel for the night and had to find somewhere else to sleep. They refunded my money but didn't apologise. Security wasn't good because a balcony connected the rooms so anyone could get in. But there was a lockable room to store stuff. It was a hassle though because only staff members could access it. Lockers in the bedrooms would be better. Kitchen felt very dirty but the rooms/bathrooms were good. Wifi was terrible - hardly ever worked!

Great hostel. Staff are so friendly and the atmosphere is wonderful to come home to after a big day. Would stay again, great place.

The place was nice. The price was very good. Only issue that I had was that there was only one bathroom/shower. If that issue was fixed, this place would be so much nicer. The location was absolutely great. About a block from The Gallery Accademia and about the same to Duomo. I would stay here again if I come back to Florence.

• 27th May 2015