The Queen's Reviews

Via Cavour, 15, Firenze, Florence, Italy

poor for Wi-Fi,no lift

Worst staff of any hostel I've ever stayed in. Arrived at 6pm and noone answered the door, followed other guests up and waited over 2 hours for a staff member to show up, when he did h was drunk. Next evening when we arrived back to our room we were told we had to move rooms which was fine until we realised the staff had physically moved our personal belongings into a new room, including clothes and underwear from the bed, and in the process lost some of our things. Absolutely terrible

• 13th Sep 2014

Very nice place and atmosphere, charming and clean, thanks to the director and his precious advices! I recommand

Hostel is in a central location, close walk to many sights.

The location is EXCELLENT but we had some problems: The staff doesn't speaks english (?) and has two bedrooms that are in the hall, that means: every person that wants to go to the bathroom needs to pass in this bedrooms, so you don't have privacy. And the balcony is in one of this "bedrooms". I was unlucky to stay in one of these. If you don't care to stay like this, or will stay just a feel days like me, it ok because the location is great.

dear guest, the staff speaks English. the room you booked was a dorm 7 beds with private bathroom, do not understand what you say?

Honestly, I do not recommend this hostel. In the two rooms where I slept (the windows with the wiews over the street) there are hundreds of BEDBUGS !!!!. Guy from reception called Yuri seemed to be suprised when I told him about that problem although informations about BEDBUGS in the Queens Hostel appeared in the reviews before (with the comment of owner about desinfection that was totally unsuccessful). Remember: It's better to pay a few euros more and do not risk biting and itching!

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Poland

WHY? : 1. cold shower 2. extremely extremely loud (without earplugs no sleep) 3. dirty 4. Beds without slatted frame (only a few pieces of wood) (terrible, because these wooden beams have dissolved in the night) 5. Too hot to sleep 6. hard to find 7. everything open, no closed doors 8.Hard dirty bed 9. expensive luggage compartment 10. worst Internet

unsere lieben Gästebetten werden jedes Jahr neu gekauft, das heiße Wasser 24 Stunden am Tag gibt es, ebenso wie Informationen zum Zeitpunkt der Abreise Sie gerne die Koffer bis 14 Uhr zu halten, dann ist der Service kostet € 5, nicht "unsere Verpflichtung halten Gepäck

The staff are very nice, and the location is excellent. It's pretty good VFM though the internet is painful, but then again, that encourages you to go out and see the brilliant city instead of being sat on Facebook

1) No LOCK for the door, people going to bathroom or toilet will definitely pass through your room, it just like sleeping in an open area. 2) No LOCKER for visitor or in room, though there is a "safe room", I stored my computer inside and get them back at night without any proof required, that means anyone could get my computer as long as they know something in the "safe room". 3) One of the shower is fail It's the WORST hostel I have been, with NO privacy and unsafe.

the bed is too small

The hostel is in the middle of the city and it is so close to Duomo, Medici Palace and other touristic attractions but in the same time, it was also close to the entertainment sites such as bars, cafes and restourants. The location of the hostel was also close to main train station, SMN. It was very good. I spent a week in Italy, mostly in Rome, Venice and Florance. But i must say that, Florence was the best city among them.

Great location. Helpful staff although not always present. No lockers so you just have to trust your roommates. Supermarket close by and a kitchen to cook in. Great place to stay if you don't want to spend a lot. I had a great time with people I met in my room.

I stayed at the hostal only one night. The location is perfect, only 5 minutes to the Duomo by foot. The staff is nice explain you everything and if you want, they recommend you a typical toscanan place to eat. The facilities of the place are more or less like a hostes of this range of money. It´s a clean place.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Spain

There are no lockers. I left things in te safe but staff was never there to open it (only they have a key). I didn't like how there was significantly older men staying without any defined rooms. It's pass thru rooms so there is noise all night. I don't think they clean the duvets. The bathrooms were clean though. Overall the only excellent feature about this hostel was the location!

strange layout, only 2 bathrooms. beds were very close together, and there was no place to lock up your luggage (with the exception of the luggage room, which could only be accessed by the staff, which were seldom at the place). kitchen was small but had cookware, plates, cutlery, stove, microwave, etc. wifi was pretty bad, especially when lots of people were online. the first night I was woken at 4:30 am by a man masturbating very loudly next to me. switched rooms twice after that. not worth it

Amazing hostel. ..