The Queen's Reviews

Via Cavour, 15, Firenze, Florence, Italy

Nice place, well located, good staff, just the bed was old and a little unconfortable.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Great Staff, odd but clean rooms, clean sheets, clean bathrooms, good showers, wifi, good bed, a small but usable common space, a nice kitchen, and a great location (10 minutes to the train station - less than 5 minutes to the Duomo). I strongly recommend this hostel if you are visiting Florence.

Three of the girls got bed bug bites... sooo basically it's worth it to invest a little more money at a nicer place. Guy was nice, great location, but I can't really look past the mites situation.

• 14th Feb 2015

Would not stay longer than one night. I slept fully clothed being scared of bed bugs or just grime in general, would not use the blanket. Wifi only worked half the time, kitchen smelled, and there was no where to lock anything up. You have to walk through another room to get to the washrooms. The washrooms were acceptable I suppose. The only positive side to this hostel is the location. It may be one of the cheapest hostels in Florence, but still not worth the money.

The Queen's has a great location with the Duomo, Academy Gallery just 5 mins away.The hostel has a kitchen as well. The staff were helpful. The location of the bathrooms are slightly away from the staying rooms. Overall fine for a few nights stay.

It was interesting. Not very clean but we were desperate for somewhere to stay so didn't really have a choice. The staff were informative and friendly. The room that we were in had a weird smell to it and 2 out of 3 of us have asthma for some reason the scent of the room triggered it. There weren't bunk beds which was a plus. Location good but no elevator in the building which makes it hard with suitcase/backpack getting up severs Flights of stairs.

My experience with this hostel was very bad. First of all, when I arrived at about 2.40 pm., there wasn´t any recepcionist there. I was waiting about 15 min, but nobody appeared and when I called mobile phone number it was calling inside. I didn´t have linen, only one poor red blanket. It was so cold during the night. I had shared room with ensuite but the bathroom wasn´t only for us. It had two entrances and was shared and private at the same the time. For 19,50 it isn´t acceptable for me

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Poland

Overall, this hostel was the worst I stayed at in Italy, but it still wasn't terrible. My only real issues are that at least some of the staff seem to live there, so they don't stay at the desk during the hours they are supposed to and I had to ring the buzzer about seven times for someone to answer and let me in. I also had to help several other people who had the same issue. Also, there is only one bathroom stall for over 20 people and you have to walk through two of the rooms to reach it.

• 28th Sep 2014