The Raging Elk International Hostel Fernie Reviews

892 6th ave, P.O Box 160 VOB-1M0, Fernie, BC, Fernie, Canada

It was an awesome experience. I have told people when they visit Fernie to stay here!!! Thanks again.

• 27th Jun 2014

It was a pretty quiet when I was there at the beginning of July. The staff was friendly though. Breakfast is a pancake with syrup which was fine! Cool atmosphere- wished I coulda seen it in all its busy glory.

Place is great. Showers are good. Ive been here a few times and there is never soap in the bathrooms. Worst beds of any hostel i ever visited, nonetheless, great place to meet ppl, great beer at the bar. Will def. be back.

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Chile

Location was great, we walked to main street for dinner and drinks every night. The cheap beer at the hostel bar was also a nice bonus. No complaints, my boyfriend and I wanted to go on a ski trip without spending a fortune. The hostel allowed us to do that!

• 28th Mar 2014

Nice and warm, clean, great bar.

• 14th Mar 2014

Beds could be better, lockers were laughable, but being that I don't bring anything of particular value skiing anyway, not a concern. Loved the staff and wished I'd checked out the common room and kitchen earlier than I did - they looked awesome! Spent the evening in the tavern and was treated to an evening of conversation and laughs with other guests as well as the staff and a number of ski instructors that stopped in for a drink. Fabulous way to end a day on the mountain :-)

• 8th Mar 2014

Great layout with the rooms "outside" and thr private suites separated from the dorms! Great to also have them upstairs and everything else down. Amazing space youve got downstairs and loved the pancakes!!! Will absolutely be back and would recommend to a friend :)

Pretty good hostel, sometimes a little cold on the upper floor, but with the amount of steaming, stinky snow gear everyone seemed to have, I could understand why windows needed to be kept open. No pancakes. All week. Was because some guests had left dirty dishes. Bit unfair really. Anyhow, fun atmosphere, and fun times had there.

I was disappointed that one of the other guests was able to make so much noise and be so disruptive late into the night (12-3am). I believe the circumstances were exceptional/ particular to this one disruptive guest, but I slept so poorly that I decided to arrange alternative accommodation for my second night to avoid the situation. Otherwise the staff and facilities were reasonable. Is there a code of conduct that this guest should have been made aware of?

• 31st Jan 2014