The Ritz by Hostel Inn Reviews

Avenida de Mayo 1111, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Lack of dishes and cups, knifes, spoons, etc...

• 25th Jul 2015

Really nice hostel, amazingly nice staff and good location. You can exchange money for a really fair rate right with the guy in front of the hostel. Only thing is the bathrooms where clean but you had to throw the toilett paper in a waste bin - but thats often in Buenos Aires, you cannot flush it :D And the lockers werent the safest one :/

This is a great value hostel. We got upgraded to a private for the same price. Breakfast was decent & location is awesome. Showers are hot but limited bathrooms available. Also showers flood & toilets block so not the nicest bathrooms. These guys also pump the heating so it gets very warm in here....makes a nice change to all the cold hostels!

The common room and free passes to clubs were awesome. The location is very good, right off the main avenue. However, my sheets were dirty and smelled awful and when I talked to the staff about it, they told me I had to wait until the cleaning staff came in the morning. Still, they forgot to change the sheets and I ended up changing them myself a day later. if this hostel changed the sheets and redid the bathrooms, it would be PERFECT

The hostel is in an amazing location - we were able to walk to almost all the main tourist attractions. BUT the hostel has a buzz in - buzz out system in order to enter and leave he hostel and this constant buzzing kept us awake for a lot of the night. Also the wifi only works in the main common area and the kitchen is the worst equipped hostel kitchen we've ever come across - there was only one pot in the whole hostel so we had to wait for ages to cook.

Ritz is a mix between a hotel and hostel, a beautiful old building right in the middle of plaza de mayo. All the staff are amazing people, very friendly and easygoing. They really made our stay very special and comfortable, always going out of their way to help. Ritz has a family feel especially when you have the right mix of guests. Breakfast was simple but tasty and always served with a smile :) The location was perfect, easy access to metro, buses or you can walk. Would stay here again!

Location is right off the main straigt. 5 Min walk to the Obelisk.

Great location, great hostel, great staff. Can't ask for any more at these prices. The pool table and bar area are a good way to meet people if you are travelling alone.

Great hostel - one of my faves! Amazing staff, great bar atmosphere at night with live DJs, but not a huge "party hostel" full of 18 - 21 years olds. More of a mature, chill crowd here when I stayed which was perfect. Room was large, renovated, well kept, pool table in the lounge (awesome!). The only downfall here is the tiny and very limited kitchen. I really loved my stay at The Ritz!

Great value for money, nice bar area and was very sociable and included breakfast that actually constituted a buffet, bread, eggs, fruit and cereal. Better than most hostels. Main downer was the kitchen, only 2 of 4 hobs worked and they barely produced heat themselves. This needs an upgrade to make it a well rounded hostel.

The Ritz turned out to be a lovely hostel experience and we ended up staying for 2 weeks. The rooms are spacious, light, airy and secure. They put 3 bunk beds in rooms that could easily fit 6. All the rooms have small balconies too. The best thing about this hostel tho is the staff. We were made to feel so welcome and they all looked after us and socialised with us too. The only slight downside is the kitchen which is way too small to actually prepare a decent meal in. Highly recommended!

• 22nd May 2015

The staff was super friendly. I was robbed the night I was on my way to check in, and they made me feel better, they even rallied together to pay for my night's stay. Some guests bought me rum and let me cry on their shoulders. The 4 bed dorms are private rooms with 4 twin beds (no bunks) the breakfast was nice with all you can eat cereal and fruit, toast, juice, yougurt, they even make you an egg

I really enjoyed Ritz! The workers are very friendly and they always helped me when I needed something. The prices are reasonable and the location is perfect. The breakfast here is better than many other hostels because they serve eggs and fruit. They have a bar and a couple nights a week they will bring in a DJ and throw a party. I have to mention the pool table, it’s probably my favorite part of Ritz. If you’re looking for a comfortable bed and an easy place to socialize, it's a great option.

• 17th Apr 2015

A realy nice place tout stay and meet peoples ! We had a lots of good plans thanks to that.

• 3rd Mar 2015