The Ritz by Hostel Inn Reviews

Avenida de Mayo 1111, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Very nice and helpfull staff and we liked it very Mutch. Not the most clean place thou.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Do not bother booking at this hostel! I booked through hostel world, received a confirmation email, then emailed the hostel directly to make doubly sure. They replied that all was booked and they looked forward to seeing me. I arrive in buenos aires late on a Saturday and they claim to have absolutely no record of my booking. Showing them the confirmation email they sent me apparently doesn't count. They then try and tell me I have to come back another day to get my refund. Awful, awful hostel

A good place, cleaner than most budget hostels, and the door is locked which is an advantage. Staff was helpful too, and breakfast pretty good!

The Ritz is at an exellent location, very close to all main attractions. The building is quite old and therefore noisy - we had a room next to the lift and the main staircase and unfortunately we were woken up by people coming in late every night. The room was a decent size. The breakfast is all right. The staff were really friendly and they helped us with tours and information. All in all, an acceptable place and good value for money.

I liked the lobby area where you can play pool or use the computers. The staff was nice. Breakfast was basic, but ok. The room was really small and not clean. There were a lot of hairs on the bed and in the bathroom. Afterall it was ok, since it wasn't that expensive.

Cool place , great staff

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

It was a great staying. Prices are cheap, the place is amazing and the staffs really nice people. Loved the old colonial house style from the neighborhood.

• 17th Aug 2014

Had an amazing stay here the staff are so kind and informative and kindly upgraded our room! Location is great too, would definitely stay again!

This hostel has such a cool atmosphere! It's like going back in time to an old-fashioned hotel. This was definitely the coolest way to spend my last night in Buenos Aires. Perfect location, too.

Arrived at the hostel and they lost my booking and instead of staying in the 8 bed dorm they put me in a private room without even asking what I wanted which would've been fine except the toilet and shower looked as if they hadn't been cleaned in a while. The stay itself was uneventful. When checking out at 3:00am to make my really early flight, I was very rudely told that "ugh, we don't accept credit cards" and when I asked where an ATM was, it took forever to get a rude response back.

Really good hostel and great staff. Fantastic value for money - could not have been happier. .

Nice hostel. best location, bathrooms a bit small and water not always hot, but everything else ok.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

The Ritz is ok for what you pay, very basic. There is no wifi in the bedrooms and the kitchen is absolutely tiny making it impossible for you to cook for yourself. The breakfast is very basic (croissants and bread rolls only) The staff are ok. However Juan is excellent and he'll go out of his way to help you and make your stay more pleasant. The location is also excellent, very central. Overall, good if you're looking to save money- however you could probably find better places.

The Ritz has a good location to get anywhere and the building is really cool. Our bathroom wasn't the cleanest but certainly not the worst. The staff was friendly all around -- but we definitely want to point out Lou!! Lou was super helpful and so great to talk to. Thank you!

Amazing location.

No hot water in 2 days, half the toilets didn't work and generally looked unclean. I would not recommend unless your deseperate

Good WiFi, great location right by metro. Staff very friendly and helpful. Only draw back is small kitchen but you have lots options nearby to eat out cheap.

Great location. Fantastic social vibe that made it easy to meet a lot of cool people. Good rooms. Great social area with 3 computers, pool table, bar and TV.

Not a bad hostel with cheap double bed rooms. I would stay there again

Location was very central and staff were very helpful. The breakfast included was very good. However the bathroom was shared by too many people causing long waiting times.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels