The Ritz by Hostel Inn Reviews

Avenida de Mayo 1111, Buenos Aires, Argentina

The staff bent over backwards to help me book a taxi on Mew Years day even though there weren't many around. However they did fail to tell me check it was at 10am! Which wasn't ideal... The wifi wasn't amazing - it dropped the connection very frequently. The checkout time is too early in my opinion - it should be pushed an hour later to 11am! Private room was great though - huge bathroom and very clean - and air con!

• 31st Dec 2015

Overall a great hostel for the price you're paying, but the facilities definitely need some maintenance.

The overall impression was that the hostel was falling apart. Nothing worked properly, neither the elevator nor the air conditioning or ventilation. The worst thing was that we couldn't even flush the water in the toilet! When we told the staff, his reaction was like: You'll get repair, and now you can move to another room. But when we went there we saw there was no remote control for the air conditioning as well! In the end we got no repair and had to live in a hot and disgustingly dirty room.

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Ukraine

Woke up to find that the 50-year-old man staying in our dorm had decided to sleep naked. I mean, spread-eagle-leave-nothing-to-the-imagination naked. He then proceeded to casually ask us what the time was (UM, WE CAN SEE YOUR BALLSACK MISTER!). While this isn't directly the hostel's fault, the room was so damn hot that I'm sure it's not the first time this has happened. Hostel also has major plumbing problems, beware when you open the toilet seat as there probably some goodies waiting for you.

1. I have waited for around an hour for the check-in. 2. One of my friends charged his iphone on his bed at night. He woke up and found that his iphone was stolen. He just realized the next morning that he forgot to lock the door. I stayed in another room and around 1am, there was a guy opened our room's door. Luckily, I was still up so I shouted out loud. The stranger said sorry and left. I thought he just went into a wrong room. 3. Building is very old 4. No floor towel in bathroom

Cheap hostel (dorms) one of the cheapest in BA! However, the rooms are next to the main road making for a very hard time sleeping (due to traffic), the fans are loud too. Hardly got any sleep. The other problem was that the toilets were shocking. The bin was full of dirty toilet paper, resulting in a pile of it next to the toilet. This wasn't hygienic or nice! If you are on a budget, stay here. But if your standards are high, stay elsewhere

Excelente location, walking distance to many places and a great view from the balcony. Great staff and atmosphere.

Pros: Location, wifi worked in my room, they cook you an egg with your breakfast, a mostly cold water fountain for filling your water bottle. Cons: Disgusting showers that didn't drain, no air in reception (can't even eat breakfast without sweating), so hot in the room that I couldn't sleep, one working burner for the entire hostel to cook on, no knife in the kitchen - had to use my pocket knife to cut my veggies, fridge wasn't cold. Update the facilities and the hostel would be great.

I like breakfast including eggs best.

This hostel was fantastic value for money. We had a massive private room for an amazingly cheap price. The location was perfect, staff were great, and the room was quite clean. One of the main issues with the hostel is the kitchen. They have one working burner for the whole hostel. This could easily be fixed if they buy a new electric hotplate to go along with the one they have. We would stay at Ritz again without a second thought.

Great hostel - perfect location, friendly staff and clean facilities.

The lobby is nice, the staff very friendly and obliging. I also liked the rooms. Unfortunately, the guest kitchen is equipped very poor. only one working hotplate and one pot in the kitchen for the entire hostel is not even enough to advertise a kitchen in the hostel description! There is room for some improvement.

Great location in BA. Staff is very helpful. No complaints whatsoever!

Better kitchen equipment, please!

Double room was clean and spacious. Bed was super comfortable and duvet was decent. Shower was good. Breakfast was lovely. Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent location. Would recommend this hostel and would definitely stay again.

Best location in Buenos Aires. Internet could be improved.

Always a pleasure!

Lack of dishes and cups, knifes, spoons, etc...

• 25th Jul 2015

Really nice hostel, amazingly nice staff and good location. You can exchange money for a really fair rate right with the guy in front of the hostel. Only thing is the bathrooms where clean but you had to throw the toilett paper in a waste bin - but thats often in Buenos Aires, you cannot flush it :D And the lockers werent the safest one :/

This is a great value hostel. We got upgraded to a private for the same price. Breakfast was decent & location is awesome. Showers are hot but limited bathrooms available. Also showers flood & toilets block so not the nicest bathrooms. These guys also pump the heating so it gets very warm in here....makes a nice change to all the cold hostels!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7