The River Hostel Reviews

Plaza de Temple, 6, Valencia, Spain

Therefore it is quite big it is very quiet and no party hostel. Exactly what I was looking for. You can take there Spanish lessons. The kitchen is nice. But it would be nice if they mark where I can find cutlery etc. I could store my luggage there when I checked out. Very kind staff.

The lockers under the bed were great! Good kitchen. It was really noisey in the corridors at night and the staff didn't hear/didn't do anything to keep the noise down. Wifi only worked downstairs in the common area. Otherwise really comfy beds and a short walk to the inner city attractions. Worth the money and it was clean with nice hot showers :)

Very average hostel. Location was alright; on a noisy street and a bit of a trek from the train station and some sights, but close to the park, which was nice. Though basic, the kitchen was large, as were the storage lockers beneath the beds. Bedrooms felt a bit grungy; the bathrooms were also not great, especially compared with the facilities of other hostels I've stayed at.

As we arrived too early, our bags were put in the room which we later discovered wasn't even locked. The facilities weren't cleaned for the whole 5 days that we stayed there. The room is very big, but equipped with only 2 lockers, no seats, no tables, no hangers... Althought we paid for the private double room, we got only 1key for 1 locker. The staff is completely unuseful, not knowing of the nearest news stand, post office, bus rutes, and even a museum that's located just 3min from them...

Great location and easy to walk all through the old town. Very close to cathedral and right opposite the large park that was a river. Safe. Great kitchen, hot showers, clean amenities and friendly people. Would definately stay again.

Staff were lovely and very helpful. Nice hostel, would stay here again if I came back to Valencia.

Really great staff. Lovely atmosphere in the lounge and kitchen downstairs, can meet loads of people. The only slight disadvantage is that the wifi is only accessible from downstairs, so cannot connect from your room. Location was fine, the hostel was very clean. Would definitely recommend the River Hostel!!

There are notes everywhere telling you how much you will be fined if you don't tow the line. It is a big old building so everything is spread out. Parking isn't great, but I guess not many guests have cars or motorbikes. It was clean and the staff were friendly. There was plenty of plates, glasses and cooking utensils, but only 3 cups. I don't think I'd stay there again, I kept feeling I would accidently break a rule and be fined or expelled.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great hostel, clean and centrally located, recomended.

Nice location thats an easy walking distance to the train station and a few of the major sights - and also really close to a bus stop to take you to either the bus station or the beach. Free wi-fi is pretty decent, and they have a gigantic kitchen and eating/lounging area (with a tv). Most of the staff are really friendly and helpful.

Overall good hostel, good location and friendly staff. Would stay there again.

Overall it's a nice hostel but nothing very special. The room's furniture was very basic, just the beds and nothing else... But they have a great big kitchen and big bathrooms with several showers, the staff was pretty nice and everything was clean!

Dear guest, Thank you for your comments regarding our kitchen ,bathrooms and staff. We greatly appreciate your comments to improve our service and facilities. Thank you for having chosen The River Hostel for your holidays in Valencia. The River Hostel

The gents loos on the 3rd floor mostly didn't lock and there were no hand towels the entire stay. Apart from that all good.

• 26th May 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for your trust in the River Hostel, We have read your comment paying attention to the details you mention (no towels,gents loos..) We will continue working hard on the mentioned aspects in order to make your next stay the most comfortable. The River Hostel

The hostel was alright, but I've seen better. It's alright for staying for a night or two, but for a longer stay I wouldn't recommend it. You don't feel at home, it has not got a lot of atmosphere. I stayed in a four bed room, but the beds were so so squeeky, whenever someone moved, you woke up.... It was more like a ten-bed-person-dorm... Bur otherwise it was fine (I stayed in very good hostels before and after, that probably makes me more critical)

Dear guest, We are very sorry for not having fulfilled your expectations in some aspects; we apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. We will continue working hard on the mentioned aspects in order to make your next stay better. We hope you choose to stay with us again. The River Hostel

There needs to be a bit of thought put into bed arrangements we had an old dude and his young son in our dorm of ten. The room only had the 4 of us in it but we were assigned beds right next to each other. I wouldn't stay hear if you are looking to party.

Dear guest, Thank you for your trust in The River Hostel for your recent stay in our city. We have read your comments and we are very sorry for not having fulfilled your expectations in some aspects(room, atmosphere…) Will be considered to improve our service. We hope to welcome you in the future. The River Hostel

Great hostel for a great value at a superb location.

Dear guest, First of all, thank you for having chosen our hostel for your stay in Valencia We are very glad to know you had a positive impression in The River Hostel. We hope to welcome you in the future. The River Hostel

Great hostel very nice staff excellent facilities and ideal location for exploring the wonderful city of Valencia 10/10

• 10th May 2014
  • Scotland

Well situated for the old town, this hostel was clean and attractive. Helpful staff, large kitchen (no kettle though). I would be happy tovisit again.

Dear guest, We thank you for your positive comments regarding our hostel and the location. We are very glad to know that you received a kind treatment by our staff. We hope to keep your trust. The River Hostel

Nice, clean hostel with good wifi and a kitchen. Laundry room is a plus although you don't get detergent when you purchase the tokens to use it. Unisex bathrooms it would seem. My bed was super creaky. Lockers are free, no deposit even, with a power supply for each bed.

Dear guest, Thank you for your trust in our hostel, We have read your comments and we will consider them to improve the details you mention regarding our laundry service and the creaky beds. We really hope to welcome you in the next future. The River Hostel

Ladies working at the desk are so nice and helpful! Thank you!

• 19th Apr 2014

Dear guests, First of all, thank you for share your comments about your holidays at The River Hostel, Thank you for your comments about our staff. We hope see you again in your next visit to Valencia. The River Hostel

« first « Prev 1 2 3