The River Hostel Reviews

Plaza de Temple, 6, Valencia, Spain

I stayed for one night and it was really noisy (I am fine with noisy normally, but this was way too much!). Otherwise it was ok.

I loved this hostel! Best one I have stayed at yet! Bathrooms and kitchen were awesome. Lockers are massive so I could store my whole bag! Only thing was wifi didn't work in the room so you had to go to either common space on the floor or to the general common space.

Rooms were very hot at night in august. Showers were clean and nice. Breakfast is tiny though!

I would never stay here again. I arrived early straight from a night train and was not even allowed to stay in their communal areas, and so had to walk around Valencia before any shops were open. Then when I could check in, the towel I was given was the size of a tea towel, and they still asked for a 5 Euro deposit. Asking for places to go or directions was useless as most of the staff didn't know anything and were plain rude. The wifi didn't work at all. Communal area was cold in atmosphere

If you're looking for a place for one night or a couple, it is worth the money you pay. Dorm type hostel near city center.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Lithuania

Really nice hostel, very clean and spacious. Breakfast options are quite poor, so be prepared to plan some alternatives if you like large meals!

Good hostel for the money. Massive kitchen for cooking. Lots of shower cubicles. Lockers under beds. Nice staff. Good location. Near main valencia and kind of near the beach. 8 bedroom rooms are a bit noisy. Ok for meeting people but not great. Kind of an anitsocial atmosphere. But relaxed staff who try with nights outs help. Met some nice people here. Got burned to hell as well.

The staff was incredibly friendly, spoke perfect english, and were extra helpful. They helped us many times trying to navigate the city via the Bus system which was a life saver when trying to get to the beach or the Albufera Nature Park. I did have a bit of a hiccup with their ways of dealing with rental bike issues in the beginning but it turned out to not be such a big issue afterall. Also, No A/C is no bueno. Overall, a very great place to stay though!

• 7th Aug 2014

Some staff were rude and very unhelpful but the hostel was fine and a short walk to the centre

The hostel moved my personal belongings with out my permission because they needed me to change rooms. My stuff and my passport sat in a insecure room until I came back.

Loved the place, and the location. Gorgeous Raquel was friendly and very helpful with everything. Good kitchen and hangout area, but no one really hung out there. Some negatives were just some small things, like never any towels in the bathrooms, wifi was a pain, would of made my life a lot easier if there were community computers. But all in all I really enjoyed my time in Valencia, even after I got burned to hell on the beach.

the best hostel

Very clean bathroom. Each person is provided with key for their own locker and the room. The balcony is nice and good to put your washed clothes. The common area is good to take a rest or read your travel book. The fridge could be a bit messy and smelly but it depends on the guests who stay there.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

The only thing that ruined it for us was not having wifi in the rooms. Many hostals claim they have it but actually only have it in certain areas. There was a couch in the lobby and living room you had to stay on to get it. Other than that we enjoyed it!

• 25th Jul 2014

Impersonal hostel that feels a bit down. Public space is not so funny, both valid dining room, showesr or washroom. Beds (foam addresses) is beneath contempt. They need too purchase new one.

Really nice atmosphere and great kitchen

OK. Not fabulous. AC was never on so it was very hot at night. Not a lot of atmosphere. Lots of big groups running wild at night. Staff pretty indifferent. Better hostels in Valencia.

We were put into separate beds (I was on the bottom bunk of one bed

Therefore it is quite big it is very quiet and no party hostel. Exactly what I was looking for. You can take there Spanish lessons. The kitchen is nice. But it would be nice if they mark where I can find cutlery etc. I could store my luggage there when I checked out. Very kind staff.

Dear guest, Thank you for having chosen The River Hostel for your recent holidays in Valencia. Our team are pleased to know that our hostel has fulfilled your expectations. We hope to welcome you in the future. The River Hostel

The lockers under the bed were great! Good kitchen. It was really noisey in the corridors at night and the staff didn't hear/didn't do anything to keep the noise down. Wifi only worked downstairs in the common area. Otherwise really comfy beds and a short walk to the inner city attractions. Worth the money and it was clean with nice hot showers :)

Dear guests, Thank you for having chosen our hostel. We have read your comments and we will consider them to improve the details you mention regarding the wifi access system and the noise in the corridors at night. Thank you again for your trust. The River Hostel

« first « Prev 1 2 3