The River Hostel Reviews

Plaza de Temple, 6, Valencia, Valencia, Spain

Awesome hostel. Beds are comfy, big kitchen and common area, and the staff are very nice!

This has given me such a strong trust in hostels, this place was excellent.

• 7th Apr 2014

A bit enoying not to enjoy the elevator but a good adress in any case

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Old and squeaky beds were the main problem and the mattress although It wasn't unfortable just loud also floors were grubby in bedrooms shared facilities were good apart from no way of telling male bathroom from female which was a bit uncomfortable for myself, staff were friendly and answered all my questions as best they can although nearest food shop is about a 30 minutes walk from the Hostel. Kitchen was perfect apart from no oven, I had a good stay there but wouldn't choose to go again.

• 5th Apr 2014

The hostel it is in a great location, have a extremely good kitchen and a huge common room. The dorms have great beds and also great lockers. The bathroom is very clean and the shower is awsome. For sure I would stay there again.

nice bunkbeds each with own lockers. great.

My friends and I were split up because the hostel was "too full" and upon arriving to my room alone, I see two totally untouched beds with no one residing in them in the morning.

• 19th Mar 2014

I like that there was baggage storage available without charge and that there were power plugs in the common areas.

I stayed at River Hostel just one night because of "Las fallas", and the Hostel was really good, clean and the staff were very kind giving me important info about restaurants, bike rents, city tours, etc.

A good hostel close to the old town city centre in Valencia. It's really well located for events during Las Fallas and for the rest of the time, it's only a five minute walk to the centre and right beside the 'river', so you can walk along there to the museums and beach. The facilities are really good, comfortable beds and big lockers in each room. It's really clean as well. Staff come across as rude and disinterested, but they answered every question I asked, so can't complain.

Great staff, fun atmosphere but dirty bathrooms! I understand it's difficult to keep it clean with all the young partiers, but still.

• 13th Mar 2014

A really good hostel with special price in Valencia! Young people, 3 minutes from the city center, cheap and clean!

• 27th Feb 2014

Great facilities, poor atmosphere and management. I think the hostel must cater to large groups, because during our stay there were 3 school groups, and some sort of convention of Magic Card players who took up all the tables in the common area all day. Therefore as a solo/small group traveller it was hard to meet other people. This hostel is new and so the facilities were very good, however they were quite dirty some days, and dishes piled all over the counters in the kitchen. Staff unhelpful.

Can't really say anything about the kitchen as we didn't use it.. The people in our dorm room never locked the door, kind of frustrating, but really liked the lockers under the bed! Lots of room in the dorms.. and they have a nice set up for the rooms. Kind of a far walk from the train station, but it's very quiet. Overall, decent hostel, would stay again.

Dear Guest, We greatly appreciate your opinion regarding our room and we bear in our mind every comment or suggestions regarding our hotel. We remain our gratefulness and we would like to continue with your confidence. The River Hostel

The River Hostel was a nice place to stay in. It is located right by the old part of Valencia (very pretty to walk around in) and it is on the River (also very pretty for a walk/bike ride). Staff was excellent and room was clean. The room was very cold though, however I think they have space heaters, I'm not sure if there is a charge for them or not.

Dear guest, We are very glad to know you had a nice experience in The River Hostel, receiving a kind treatment by our staff. We will consider them to improve the details you mention regarding the temperature of the room. Thank you for your trust. The River Hostel.

The building itself was kind of old but it was very clean. Easy to access almost everything in Valencia.

Brand-new, sparse furniture, clean, baroque building, helpfull staff, top location, free parking lots at the other side of the river, definitely recommendable for your stay in Valencia.

Dear guest, First of all thank you for having chosen The River Hostel for your stay in Valencia. We really appreciate your comments, we are very glad to hear you had a good experience in our hostel, getting a positive impression regarding the services and facilities. We remain our gratefulness for your recommendation. Thank you for your trust. The River Hostel.

This is a very nice clean hostel. While I was there it wasn't noisy and everything was lovely. The internet connection was really slow, but otherwise it's easy to find and in a good location

Dear guest, Thank you for having chosen The River Hostel for your recent holidays in Valencia. We greatly appreciate your comments regarding our hostel , and we will consider your opinion about the improvement point of the internet as well, in order to offer you always a better services every day. Thank you for your trust. The River Hostel

An excellent hostel in a beautiful city. It is rare to see hostels this good.

Nice hostel, friendly staff clean and big kitchen. Doors do not close very well, for that it is a bit noisy. But anyway, clean and wifi is ok. I would recommend it.

← Back to search results