The River Hostel Reviews

Plaza de Temple, 6, Valencia, Spain

I loved the River Hostel! Only stayed for one night, but the food available was great, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the beds were comfortable! Clean sheets and bathrooms were also wonderful. The bikes for day rent were our favorite! Six euros got you a bike with a lock for an entire day where you could explore the city much faster than by foot! Great value for such a small price!

• 24th Jan 2015

Very nice. A little hard to find but a good location once we did find it. Good value.

• 23rd Jan 2015

The bike hire is really cheap 6€ for 24hrs. Good bikes as well not ginks. Plus staff could speak English so really helps when you Spanish isn't fluent.

• 21st Jan 2015

Thanks for all, was a fantastic stay with really friendly stuff at Hostel River. Wonderful, fully equipped kitchen... I liked it really much!

Good price, good staffs, good location and a wonderful hostel. I loved stay with them.

The place was great, i thought it was beautiful compred to some other hostels i stayed in. The staff was very nice and helpful with all my questions.

• 9th Jan 2015

Comfiest beds I've stayed in for awhile. The kitchen and common room were Huge which was nice! The wifi was really good aswell. A solid hostel, I would definently book there again!

Good looking hostel, clean, and friendly staff. It's situated near a busy road, so not very quiet, but this also situates it right next to the Turia gardens, which is a large pro. The breakfast is only E1,90 but it's horrible, you're better of at Plaça de Sant Bult which is right around the corner. Also the water they sell is way to expensive. At Carrer del Poeta Liern there's a nice little shop which sells water and delicious fruit for decent prices.

The location is good, near the park, in between the old city centre and the universities, so its a central point to go walking anywhere. We were welcome in a super friendly way on the check-in and during all our stay on the 24h reception. Thanks to the cute, small Spanish girl that even outside greet us in a super nice and warm way! The kitchen is well equipped and there's was plenty of food shared from the other guests. Value for money is excellent! See you someday again, thank you!

The crew was very kind, big rooms, bathrooms clean and they help u whatever u need.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Its a good hostel with a fantastic view from the balcony. Very clean and with huge personal chests, very safe as well.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • India

Had a very pleasant stay at the River Hostel in Valencia, the location was great, the hostel is close to the city center and the River. The wifi unfortunately wasn't working on my first day, and when I asked why, the staff was not able to help me. Luckily they did do something with my questions, for the next day, they changed the wifi code and I gained acces! The hostel was clean and definitely worth my money, I would advise anyone to go here!

• 30th Oct 2014

This hostel is just fine, but there are a few small annoyances that are hard to overlook. Mainly, the bathrooms were a bit dirty, a few of them out of order or without working locks on the doors, and on the first day not a single stall in the 3rd floor bathroom had toilet paper. In the rooms, the positioning of the beds is strange. Our beds were right infront of the door, close enough that as I was climbing into bed the door would bump me when opened. Location is good, though.

Too big and busy hostel...

Staff was very friendly and gave us great suggestions on where to eat. The lockers are huge and lock with a key - very safe. Our room had a little balcony and was pretty big. We were located close to a bathroom too. The showers were better than in any other hostels we stayed at. Location was good, easy to get around. Not the best place to meet people though, quiet even in the lounge and didn't seem to have many activities.

Staff wasn't very friendly or helpful, they were more talking to each other and the cleaning staff was just always intruding (like coming in are room at 9 when 2 out of 4 where still sleeping and 1 was just gettingmout of bed...). Plus i was there 5 nights, and are garbage was over loaded with trash and they just emptied it on my 4th night there. The beds and the door make terrible noises, so it impossible the have a quiet night sleep...

We had a great stay and the staff was very nice and helped us find some good restaurants!!

I loved the way staff tried to solve the problem I had. At first it seemed hard to really talk and get to them, but in the end they were so lovely. Thank you very much! I loved the location of the hostel, just next to the jardines del Turia and not far away from the historic centre. Just too bad bars were closed quite early (for Spain!) and there are not many shops near. But the quite neighbourhood is a plus! Accomodation was not luxury, just basic, but perfect for the rates you pay.

The River Hostel ruled. It was right by the riverbed, which is a huge park in Valencia, the showers were great, the locks on the bed were super secure, and it felt like we were staying in a hotel.

• 2nd Oct 2014

I loved this place! I would definitely stay here again. It's a pretty good location with lots of things to do.