The River Hostel Reviews

Plaza de Temple, 6, Valencia, Spain

The crew was very kind, big rooms, bathrooms clean and they help u whatever u need.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Its a good hostel with a fantastic view from the balcony. Very clean and with huge personal chests, very safe as well.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • India

Had a very pleasant stay at the River Hostel in Valencia, the location was great, the hostel is close to the city center and the River. The wifi unfortunately wasn't working on my first day, and when I asked why, the staff was not able to help me. Luckily they did do something with my questions, for the next day, they changed the wifi code and I gained acces! The hostel was clean and definitely worth my money, I would advise anyone to go here!

• 30th Oct 2014

This hostel is just fine, but there are a few small annoyances that are hard to overlook. Mainly, the bathrooms were a bit dirty, a few of them out of order or without working locks on the doors, and on the first day not a single stall in the 3rd floor bathroom had toilet paper. In the rooms, the positioning of the beds is strange. Our beds were right infront of the door, close enough that as I was climbing into bed the door would bump me when opened. Location is good, though.

Too big and busy hostel...

Staff was very friendly and gave us great suggestions on where to eat. The lockers are huge and lock with a key - very safe. Our room had a little balcony and was pretty big. We were located close to a bathroom too. The showers were better than in any other hostels we stayed at. Location was good, easy to get around. Not the best place to meet people though, quiet even in the lounge and didn't seem to have many activities.

Staff wasn't very friendly or helpful, they were more talking to each other and the cleaning staff was just always intruding (like coming in are room at 9 when 2 out of 4 where still sleeping and 1 was just gettingmout of bed...). Plus i was there 5 nights, and are garbage was over loaded with trash and they just emptied it on my 4th night there. The beds and the door make terrible noises, so it impossible the have a quiet night sleep...

We had a great stay and the staff was very nice and helped us find some good restaurants!!

I loved the way staff tried to solve the problem I had. At first it seemed hard to really talk and get to them, but in the end they were so lovely. Thank you very much! I loved the location of the hostel, just next to the jardines del Turia and not far away from the historic centre. Just too bad bars were closed quite early (for Spain!) and there are not many shops near. But the quite neighbourhood is a plus! Accomodation was not luxury, just basic, but perfect for the rates you pay.

The River Hostel ruled. It was right by the riverbed, which is a huge park in Valencia, the showers were great, the locks on the bed were super secure, and it felt like we were staying in a hotel.

• 2nd Oct 2014

I loved this place! I would definitely stay here again. It's a pretty good location with lots of things to do.

Only stayed one night, but a very central location. We arrived on the later side so the 24 hr kitchen was nice to have. Overall, quite good!

The best hostel that I have stayed in. Huge bathroom with lots of showers and toilets, which is a rare thing. Big locker under beds for safe storage. Nice converted building in a good location. Nice communal area.

I stayed for one night and it was really noisy (I am fine with noisy normally, but this was way too much!). Otherwise it was ok.

I loved this hostel! Best one I have stayed at yet! Bathrooms and kitchen were awesome. Lockers are massive so I could store my whole bag! Only thing was wifi didn't work in the room so you had to go to either common space on the floor or to the general common space.

Rooms were very hot at night in august. Showers were clean and nice. Breakfast is tiny though!

Please update my email address. Old email address anna@sovereignbuilding.com.au New email address anagram92@live.com Thanks.

• 25th Aug 2014

I would never stay here again. I arrived early straight from a night train and was not even allowed to stay in their communal areas, and so had to walk around Valencia before any shops were open. Then when I could check in, the towel I was given was the size of a tea towel, and they still asked for a 5 Euro deposit. Asking for places to go or directions was useless as most of the staff didn't know anything and were plain rude. The wifi didn't work at all. Communal area was cold in atmosphere

If you're looking for a place for one night or a couple, it is worth the money you pay. Dorm type hostel near city center.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Lithuania

Really nice hostel, very clean and spacious. Breakfast options are quite poor, so be prepared to plan some alternatives if you like large meals!

« first « Prev 1 2 3