The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

Good and clean.

Location is so central and the staff could not be nicer! Very helpful will definitely stay there again!

• 12th Sep 2014

Awesome hostel! the owners are so nice and the breakfast is excellent!! Many nights a week there is some free food or drink served in the kitchen, it's a great way to get everyone together and meet new people. Really a fun and quiet place to stay. When I was there, it was mostly students staying there, so it was very quiet.

Bathrooms could do with more regular cleaning, and would benefit from shower mats on the floor. Also, one of the showers only dispenses boiling water - this should probably be looked at.

• 1st Sep 2014

Love everything about this hostel! Abi and Charlie are so nice and welcoming, the rooms and bathrooms were exceptionally clean, security was excellent, great location, incredible breakfast, free WiFi, and nice a relaxed! In addition, they have special nights with free dessert or £1 dinners. Although I didn't take advantage of it, they also have lots of books, games, and television for a night in. Highly recommend!!!

I had a good stay at the hostel, free use of computer/wi-fi, nice rooms and a good breakfast

• 28th Aug 2014

Probably one of favourite hostels over the last three months of traveling. Amazing dinners for £1, breakfast was the best we have had all trip. Can't commend the sister and brother team any more, nothing was an issue and the information sheet on arrival pointed out places we did even knew existed. Showers were a bit hard with no bathmat etc and the request of trying to keep the floor dry. Thank you for an awesome stay!

The stuff are very nice! Food is tasty! Room is very clean! Perfect!!!

Close to the train station and the city centre. Very friendly staff. The bathrooms and kitchen are very clean and the breakfast is great, many options of food and drinks.

Good location. Quiet corridors. Very impressive toilet and shower super clean and with tiles!!! Excellent breakfast in a family style environment. +++++

BEST free breakfast i have ever had anywhere! amazing variety. the owners are incredibly nice and the place is very clean. its in a house and has a very homey feeling, not a party place. also, some nights they cook amazing dinner for only 1 pound. i will definitely be back next time i'm in cardiff!

Great in everything, very clean, kind staff, great breakfast and premier league on tv! at 5 min walking from the station perfect for visit Cardiff!

A nice, friendly place to stay. I would definitely come back!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is just right. Not too close to the city centre that it becomes noisy and not too far as well as you can walk to almost anywhere in the city =)

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

I strongly recommend The Riverhouse Backpackers. The location is excellent, the staff is very receptive and their breakfast is great! Also they have some individual bathrooms.

A real home away from home. Loved it here.

This is an excellent hostel. The location is ideal, on the river opposite the Millennium Stadium. Being a converted house, it is slightly cramped, however this is more than offset by excellent quality facilities, especially the kitchen and bathrooms, The breakfast is excellent. The Manager and staff are first rate. It is an exceptionally well run hostel.

I surely wanted to stay with you there but sorry not to stay because my kid was under 18 years old, so I was very sorry that I should move another hostel for only one night. Also I must stay in a hotel for two more days. Anyway all staffs were so kind.

this is the best hostel I ever stayed. I love everything there. the staff are very friendly, and the food is very delicious. it is very quiet to stay. very good sleep. very good facing the river.

Honestly, this was my favorite place that I have ever been. I really loved it. Charlie made me feel really at home and like I could ask him anything, I was not afraid to ask for things I needed. He greeted me upon entering and said good bye when I was leaving, it was a very personal experience. The TV is also a luxury I really enjoyed because it was nice to sort of catch up on news on BBC or watch a TV show in the evening when I was coming home and tired. The breakfast was the greatest.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6