The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

Amazing place to stay. Charlie and Abi really take care of the place and it shows with the clean and modern facilities they have. Breakfast was amazing and so were the dinner and dessert nights. The place felt really homely and just great to stay in

• 15th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

close to stuff, small quiet hostel, nice staff need to fix some things in bathrooms, sometimes light switches dont work or one of the showers wouldnt adjust temperature very well

Stayed here for just one night passing through Cardiff. The hostel is in an ideal place, all of the major attractions and things I wanted to see were in walking distance. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly! Everything was very clean, showers included, and the breakfast I had the next morning was great- a selection of pastries, toast, yogurt, and fruit. It was very filling and I was able to skip lunch that day which saved me some money! Very happy with my stay and would recommend!

• 14th Apr 2014

I had a great time staying in this hostel. Charlie and Abi are lovely people and I had the best Hostel breakfast ever! :)

One shower wasn't working well, but otherwise this place was great! Very friendly and helpful staff, gave us great recommendations on sights to see, and they had a fantastic continental breakfast laid out in the morning. I would definitely stay here again!

The best hostel I’ve ever used. Felt more like a family B&B, so cozy and clean! Nicest staff I’ve ever dealt with, went out of their way to be welcoming and encourage guests to socialize by arranging pizza night. The breakfast rivaled that you’d get in a cafe, and the other facilities were just as top notch. Location is perfect, lovely views and so near the station! This is where you want to stay in Cardiff!

Great Location and the host was lovely

• 11th Apr 2014

Was mostly very nice, some people don't wash up after themselves very well though. Food and facilities excellent, but would be nice to have bath mats and hand towels in the bathrooms. Overall had a lovely stay

Getting in early it was nice that the staff could hold my bag so I could explore before checking. Room had 2 bunk beds and I got a lower one.. The guests make it work so that lights go off when we want and people are considerate. Breakfast was provided and it is a 10 minute walk from transport and shops.

Lovely, friendly staff, great free breakfast and a perfect location. Would definitely stay here again.

Was greeted by the very friendly owner to one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Perfect location to explore Cardiff, right opposite the millennium stadium. The rooms are very clean and it has the best bathrooms I have seen in an inner city hostel! Fantastic breakfast and free tea and coffee all day, and a meal in the evening for only £1. Definitely recommended and I will be staying again.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Wales

地理位置极佳' 价格适合' 对于顾客的安全也有保证' 虽然里面很小' 但是各种设施都很完善' 员工很好' 早餐很丰富' 总之是一个性价比非常高的酒店' 个人卡的夫旅游的首选

• 30th Mar 2014
  • China

Perfect stay. I loved the place, it was the best hostel I have ever stayed in...much better even than some hotels! It was brilliant. Would stay again.

• 27th Mar 2014

Nice hostel with great location, clean and staff was very friendly and useful.

To sumarize our experience with this hostel: perfect location, nice staff and lovely breakfast for a very good price! Best place to be in Cardiff if you are looking for a hostel

• 23rd Mar 2014

Very nice hostel, the bed is comfortable and breakfast is amazing. However, I was sharing a dorm with a woman who stays quite often in this hostel, she sleeps naked and hang around in the room naked in the morning! It was really weird and unpleasant. Beware!!

The Riverhouse is a very nice, clean and sweet hostel in a beautiful building, about 5 minutes on foot from the city centre. The staff was very friendly and I had no problems with anything at all. In addition to standard hostel services, there's a respectably big and tasty breakfast buffet and a great living room with sofas and a collection of books and DVDs to use. There are many many bathrooms so you do not have to wait for ages during the morning rush. Overall a great place to spend a night.

Very comfortable in every way. No negatives

The best hostel I have ever stayed!!!!! Charlie is so nice and helpful. The hostel is very close to the Central Station, so if you need to catch an early train, Riverhouse is the best choice. Also it is near to the city centre, you can find everything you want. Moreover, free breakfast is a big bonus! I love Riverhouse very much! I will definitely choose it again whenever I visit Cardiff. :)

Friendly, helpful staff, was nice and quiet so sleeping not a problem, nice old building well refurbished, great showers and fantastic breakfast. I will definitely stay again the next time I need to stay over in Cardiff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4