The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

1945 Total Reviews

This was easily the cleanest hostel I ever stayed in. Charlie, who runs it, is lovely, as is the very friendly resident cat. I had a stunning chicken curry for £1 at night, and the free breakfast was better in terms of choice than hotel breakfasts I have had in the past. I can recommend this place most warmly.

• 15th Dec 2014

The day when me and my friend arrived, they were just going to have free chocolate cake at night so we had some, so lucky. The stuff there was amazing, always helpful. The facility was great, individual toilet and bathroom. The cleanness was perfect. Nice hostel wish we stayed a bit longer. Ah forgot to mention the cat there, lovely one.

I can recommend this place. It is very nice. The staff is always smiling and helpful in every thing. The acommodation is really great.

• 7th Dec 2014

Very good place with nice people and nice atmosphere! The room was very clean and the breakfast delicious!

• 5th Dec 2014

Very nice. Like a home away from home atmosphere. Would be a good place to go to ease that homesickness feeling a bit.

I've been in a lot of hostel in my life.. This was the best one!! good location, great atmosphere and lovely lovely staff:-) 110% reccomended ++++++++++

• 1st Dec 2014

Yet another smashing stay at the Riverhouse Backpackers, where a central location, extreme friendliness and cleanliness meet the best complimentary breakfast, traditional snacks, and £1 home-made dinners, all delivered with genuine Welsh hospitality by the sister and brother team of: Abby & Charlie.

Good hostel

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

A very pleasant place. Was treated like family. Also, breakfast was amazing, and I wish I had made it in time for the delicious sounding group dinner.

• 25th Nov 2014

Staff were amazing, hostel was extremely clean, free breakfast as well which was excellent value for money. Walking distance from the station and the city centre. Some of the rooms are a bit small but that's the only downside. Would definitely come back.

Very familiar hostel, you feel like home.

• 23rd Nov 2014

Charlie and Abi are amazing hosts and you can tell that the siblings are the owners of the hostel. They make sure everything is enjoyable for everyone in the hostel. Every night there is some time of food being made or desert being served. There is definitely a love for chocolate at the hostel. The rooms are very clean but had one night on a bad mattress but they allowed me to switch beds. Well worth the money due to the location of the hostel (super close to the station and city center).

Best hostel I've been in a while. Run by the owner who greats you and shows you around. Somedays you are invited for cakes on the house in the evening. Quiet atmosphere. A rich breakfast each morning from 7 till 10. Little cozy place. Very clean and secure.

This was probably the best hostel I've stayed in staff, facility and location wise.

The hostel was amazing. Especially loved the £1 dinners and free chocolate cake. Only suggestion would be that they get bath mats for the bathrooms. They don't like the bathroom floors to be wet but it's hard when you step out of a shower. So if they had bathmats on the floor it would be much easier.

Fantastic hostel. Within walking distance to everything in Cardiff and to the bus to Cardiff Bay. Breakfast was awesome and the facilities were great. Loved my stay and would definitely come again.

Lovely and friendly staff. Amazing location, really quick walk into town. Cardiff Arms Park & Millenium Stadium are right there. Great place to stay. The breakfast was good and facilities including both kitchen and bathroom were excellent. Nice lounge and dinning room and very clean rooms. I will definitely recommend it to friends and I will come back again! A+++++

The best hostel in Cardiff! And probably the whole UK!!!

• 30th Oct 2014

beautiful place and amazing hosts. would stay here again in a heartbeat.

I did enjoy the time when I was in Cardiff and it is my first hostel experience. The hostel host- Abi and Charles are really helpful and they provided a lot of joyful moment and awesome food. They also concern responsible tourism in hostel. The most important is the hostel is very near coach and train station, tourist attraction and supermarket. I really can't wait to stay here again when I come back to Wales again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5