The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

We loved the river house! They were super helpful in pointing out things to do around town and the hostel always smelt and looked clean. Plus the breakfast was better then any typical continental breakfast. My only minor criticism is that it would be nice to have paper towel/hand blow dryer in the bathrooms. But that's it, everything else was perfect! I'd 100% recommend to a friend.

Great little place in Cardiff right on the river. Easy to get to and a short walk from everything. Beds are good and the staff is welcoming. Free breakfast and some sort of small social gathering downstairs every night. Would stay again.

The breakfast was Amazing... So Many options and always well arranged. The hostel was very clean and tidy. I would definetly stay there again.

Best hostel I have ever been!

great breakfast. friendly staff. central location .bedrooms and stairways lightly scruffy could do with a refresh.

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Wales

Amazing Hostel! Nothing to complain

By far the best hostel I've stayed in. Great facilities, nice owners, very affordable.

• 31st Dec 2015

Everything was great, but instead of a private twin room as advertised when booking, we were given a 4 bed dorm for two of us! This wasn't a problem as such, but we'd anticipated that the room would be a bit more couple-friendly. Otherwise, all the staff were very helpful, and friendly. The breakfast was great, and we would stay again in the future.

• 29th Dec 2015

Such a great place to stay! Felt like home, full kitchen, dining room and lounge room. All the staff were so friendly, I didn't want to leave! Beds were comfy too!

charlie on the desk top guy....great host....we did leave the room a little messy sorry mate....hope to come back one day.

• 4th Dec 2015

fantastic breakfast choices!

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Singapore

Very friendly and welcoming staff,cosy and homy atmosphere,rextremely rich annd diverse breakfast for freel!definitely a great pick!

• 27th Nov 2015
  • Austria

Thanks for Everything, Abi&Charlie! Everything was clean all the time.

• 16th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

Abi and Charlie are the best!

• 16th Nov 2015

The Riverhouse Backpackers is an amazing hostel! There are only two problems: Since the house is big it is difficult to get wi-fi access from the room and the other problem are the mattresses, which are not very comfortable. I really had a good time there and would definitely recommend it.

Lovely hostel with very helpful staff, great atmosphere in the common room and hands down the best breakfast spread I have ever come across in a hostel. I'll be back :)

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The only suggestion I would have is that it sometimes can be hard to hard to converse with other guests with technology being so dependent. Maybe the hostel could look at organising a midweek event and a weekend event. Something as simple as a quiz night just to get people talking more easily. I understand in winter this isn't as accessible.

Fantastic hostel, felt like home. Staff are fantastic, rooms are clean and well equipped as are the bathrooms. Breakfast is fantastic. Didn't want to leave.

Perfect location, extremely friendly and helpful staff and extraordinary cleanliness for hostel standards. The only negative was that the mattresses were quite old and I could feel every spring, but the overall impression is very good.

• 7th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This hostel was absolutely phenomenal, this hostel took its setting in a house quite literally; it felt like home. Not to mention the owners are absolutely fantastic, they are such nice people that are more than willing to accommodate your needs. It's easily understandable why this it is rewarded on a frequent basis.

• 6th Nov 2015