The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

Excellent stay. I felt so welcome and at home, it is really a very wonderful place to be!

Riverhouse Backpackers shows every sign of having been fully thought out with its guests particularly in mind - and thence fully maintained with the careful clink of each breakfast dish daily. Cardiff overall has that premeditated magic to it - especially the spot-on massive accoutrements of Blackweir Common stretching acre after acre behind Cardiff Castle. Note that the intercity buses now stop at Sophia Gardens, which is only six minutes on foot away on the west bank of the good River Taff.

Loved the hostel! Good atmoshpere, really clean and friendly staff (Abi was really nice!) :)

• 29th Aug 2015

great hostel! My friends and I have had a wonderful time here. We were very pleased with all the facilities, helpful staff and the cleanliness!!! Also we fell in love with breakfast time, as there is plenty of choice and if it's not too chilly you can enjoy it in the outside garden. I will definitely recommend this place! we even met a family with two kids there which I think shows that is suitable for everyone :)

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Nice Hostel had more of a BnB feel great staff very welcoming . Would stay again :)

• 18th Aug 2015

I stayed in nine different hostels during my trip and this one was my absolute favourite. It felt so welcoming and homey and I had a wonderful time staying there. The breakfast is amazing (and free!), the beds were so comfortable, the hostel was so clean, and the atmosphere was great! The owners are seriously the nicest and kindest people and are willing to help with anything. The location was fantastic and was so close to everything, and I'd definitely stay here again!

I would honestly come back to cardiff just to stay in this hostel! It is by far the best one I have ever stayed in. The staff is so kind and helpful. The breakfast is delicious & free. Getting anywhere will only take you 10 minutes by walk or bus. And they do free goodies in the evening. 3 of our 5 nights we had apple pie & ice cream, pizza & cider!!! So cool! I love this place. We ended up staying an extra night here because it was so excellent. Everything is clean & the atmosphere is excellen!

it was really awesome to live in the riverhouse backpackers. The place was really clean and especially staffs in the hostels were really kind. I definitely go back to riverhouse backpackers when the time comes.

Excellent breakfast! A reading light /small shelf by the bedside to put some of your personal belongings (glasses, alarm clock)on would be good

The Rivers Bakcpackers is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. It is squeaky-clean, cozy, and with wonderful, kind staff. The kitchen is well-equipped and the wifi is excellent. It is a social place and a great hostel for chatting with travelers from across the world. It is in a big old structure just on the river, very close to the old town and the castle. It has excellent bathroom facilities. The highlight is the free breakfast, which is the best I've ever seen in a hostel.

After weeks of travelling, this is the best hostel I've stayed at. It feels homey, clean and welcoming. There was free apple pie and icecream the evening we arrived. The free breakfast was also excellent. The kitchen was wonderful to cook in, and the common spaces were great for meeting other travellers. It's close to everything, and a short walk to some great nightlife.

A great place to stay: well located, nice accomodation, friendly staff and a good atmosphere. Breakfast simply is amazing =) The best hostel in Cardiff.

Very pretty, clean Hostel. Nice staff, cosy Common rooms and a Big kitchen. The beds are comfortable. Best of all: Amazing Breakfast with a wide Choice of good food, coffee, tea and juices. The Hostel was close to downtown, Sights and Central Station. To be recommended Warmly!

Location is superb, price was great and you got free breakfast. Best hostel I've ever stayed in can't fault it.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Very friendly and comfortable hostel to be in. The staff were great and It had a good breakfast. I came by car and there isn't any free parking nearby. Due to it being close to the stadium it is all permit parking with the spaces not being used by the residents. There was an area with paid parking but was fairly expensive 1/2 or 10 hours for £5.50. Parking runs from 8am till 10pm. More of a council problem but another extremely close hostel has private secure parking. Very clean & good shower.

Very friendly and cozy. My four bed dorm was quite small but clean. Big bathrooms and many showers. Lovely breakfast in the morning.

This was an amazing hostel. The staff were great and they were constantly cleaning. It has a very homey feel and is very relaxed. It's a five minute walk to Cardiff city centre and the train station. They also had nights where there would be free snacks of some sort, which was really nice for someone who's on a budget. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Cardiff.

Probably one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Highly recommend it. Great location, culture, atmosphere and staff.

The location was perfect, next to the river and nearby the city centre. The rooms are ok and the bathrooms were clean. The staff is friendly and there is a nice atmosphere because of the pub.

The staff were super welcoming and ready to help you in any way possible. The location is really good. It's about a 10 minute walk to the centre strip in Cardiff of stores and clubs and about a 35 minute walk to Cardiff Bay. The breakfast was the best spread I've seen in a hostel! All in all a wonderful place to stay!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4