The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

1930 Total Reviews

Good hostel

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

A very pleasant place. Was treated like family. Also, breakfast was amazing, and I wish I had made it in time for the delicious sounding group dinner.

• 25th Nov 2014

Very familiar hostel, you feel like home.

• 23rd Nov 2014

Charlie and Abi are amazing hosts and you can tell that the siblings are the owners of the hostel. They make sure everything is enjoyable for everyone in the hostel. Every night there is some time of food being made or desert being served. There is definitely a love for chocolate at the hostel. The rooms are very clean but had one night on a bad mattress but they allowed me to switch beds. Well worth the money due to the location of the hostel (super close to the station and city center).

Best hostel I've been in a while. Run by the owner who greats you and shows you around. Somedays you are invited for cakes on the house in the evening. Quiet atmosphere. A rich breakfast each morning from 7 till 10. Little cozy place. Very clean and secure.

This was probably the best hostel I've stayed in staff, facility and location wise.

The hostel was amazing. Especially loved the £1 dinners and free chocolate cake. Only suggestion would be that they get bath mats for the bathrooms. They don't like the bathroom floors to be wet but it's hard when you step out of a shower. So if they had bathmats on the floor it would be much easier.

Fantastic hostel. Within walking distance to everything in Cardiff and to the bus to Cardiff Bay. Breakfast was awesome and the facilities were great. Loved my stay and would definitely come again.

Lovely and friendly staff. Amazing location, really quick walk into town. Cardiff Arms Park & Millenium Stadium are right there. Great place to stay. The breakfast was good and facilities including both kitchen and bathroom were excellent. Nice lounge and dinning room and very clean rooms. I will definitely recommend it to friends and I will come back again! A+++++

The best hostel in Cardiff! And probably the whole UK!!!

• 30th Oct 2014

beautiful place and amazing hosts. would stay here again in a heartbeat.

I did enjoy the time when I was in Cardiff and it is my first hostel experience. The hostel host- Abi and Charles are really helpful and they provided a lot of joyful moment and awesome food. They also concern responsible tourism in hostel. The most important is the hostel is very near coach and train station, tourist attraction and supermarket. I really can't wait to stay here again when I come back to Wales again.

I absolutely loved staying at this hostel. I have traveled to many different places and stayed at a variety of hostels but this hostel was by far my favourite. The owners were very sweet and welcoming. They made the most delicious breakfast in the morning and we had an amazing home-cooked dinner for only 1 pound. They had someone always cleaning the hostel which was nice to see as I have been to many hostels that are not very well-kept. If I ever go back to Cardiff, this is where I would stay!

• 27th Oct 2014

Very tidy and friendly staff however there were a few points that need improving. There is no real area where you are drawn to in the evenings so we didn't spend much time here. Also all the bathrooms are shower and toilet (apart from 1 or 2) in the same room which means that you could be waiting some time before you can use a toilet in the morning. Clean and tidy like I said but had more of a hotel/B&B atmosphere than a hostel

Very good staff, good location. Clean kitchen. Only complain about the microwave that wasn't very good, but usable. Very good WiFi in all building.

This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at - great location, very clean, it has a great kitchen and dining area and a living room with huge DVD collection. Really good for anyone traveling alone, they have £1 dinner nights, Abi and Charlie were great hosts, they went out of their way to help me find a doctor when I was sick. It's more a guesthouse than a hostel, they're clearly very proud of the place and definitely should be. No complaints!

Very warm and welcoming place, where you feel at home. All facilities are avalaible and the breakfast is the best I had in all of the UK.

Clean and tidy hostel. Friendly owners. A very nice breakfast spread. Made to feel very welcome. Good location for the city centre.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Hostel meal for £1 was lovely.

Great place to stay, comfortable atmosphere and delicious breakfast. It's centrally located!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6