The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

great hostel! My friends and I have had a wonderful time here. We were very pleased with all the facilities, helpful staff and the cleanliness!!! Also we fell in love with breakfast time, as there is plenty of choice and if it's not too chilly you can enjoy it in the outside garden. I will definitely recommend this place! we even met a family with two kids there which I think shows that is suitable for everyone :)

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Spain

I stayed in nine different hostels during my trip and this one was my absolute favourite. It felt so welcoming and homey and I had a wonderful time staying there. The breakfast is amazing (and free!), the beds were so comfortable, the hostel was so clean, and the atmosphere was great! The owners are seriously the nicest and kindest people and are willing to help with anything. The location was fantastic and was so close to everything, and I'd definitely stay here again!

I would honestly come back to cardiff just to stay in this hostel! It is by far the best one I have ever stayed in. The staff is so kind and helpful. The breakfast is delicious & free. Getting anywhere will only take you 10 minutes by walk or bus. And they do free goodies in the evening. 3 of our 5 nights we had apple pie & ice cream, pizza & cider!!! So cool! I love this place. We ended up staying an extra night here because it was so excellent. Everything is clean & the atmosphere is excellen!

Excellent breakfast! A reading light /small shelf by the bedside to put some of your personal belongings (glasses, alarm clock)on would be good

The Rivers Bakcpackers is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. It is squeaky-clean, cozy, and with wonderful, kind staff. The kitchen is well-equipped and the wifi is excellent. It is a social place and a great hostel for chatting with travelers from across the world. It is in a big old structure just on the river, very close to the old town and the castle. It has excellent bathroom facilities. The highlight is the free breakfast, which is the best I've ever seen in a hostel.

After weeks of travelling, this is the best hostel I've stayed at. It feels homey, clean and welcoming. There was free apple pie and icecream the evening we arrived. The free breakfast was also excellent. The kitchen was wonderful to cook in, and the common spaces were great for meeting other travellers. It's close to everything, and a short walk to some great nightlife.

A great place to stay: well located, nice accomodation, friendly staff and a good atmosphere. Breakfast simply is amazing =) The best hostel in Cardiff.

Very pretty, clean Hostel. Nice staff, cosy Common rooms and a Big kitchen. The beds are comfortable. Best of all: Amazing Breakfast with a wide Choice of good food, coffee, tea and juices. The Hostel was close to downtown, Sights and Central Station. To be recommended Warmly!

Location is superb, price was great and you got free breakfast. Best hostel I've ever stayed in can't fault it.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Very friendly and comfortable hostel to be in. The staff were great and It had a good breakfast. I came by car and there isn't any free parking nearby. Due to it being close to the stadium it is all permit parking with the spaces not being used by the residents. There was an area with paid parking but was fairly expensive 1/2 or 10 hours for £5.50. Parking runs from 8am till 10pm. More of a council problem but another extremely close hostel has private secure parking. Very clean & good shower.

Very friendly and cozy. My four bed dorm was quite small but clean. Big bathrooms and many showers. Lovely breakfast in the morning.

This was an amazing hostel. The staff were great and they were constantly cleaning. It has a very homey feel and is very relaxed. It's a five minute walk to Cardiff city centre and the train station. They also had nights where there would be free snacks of some sort, which was really nice for someone who's on a budget. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Cardiff.

Probably one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Highly recommend it. Great location, culture, atmosphere and staff.

The staff were super welcoming and ready to help you in any way possible. The location is really good. It's about a 10 minute walk to the centre strip in Cardiff of stores and clubs and about a 35 minute walk to Cardiff Bay. The breakfast was the best spread I've seen in a hostel! All in all a wonderful place to stay!

Awesome hostel with lovely and very helpful staff! It was quite quiet but we were there during the week. Also there was a free pizza and cider night which was pretty great!

Staff was great rooms were great I would stay again.

Had a great stay here! Everything was clean and tidy from the rooms, the kitchen, the common areas and the rooms. The staff were extremely nice and helpful. Would recommend to friends.

Best hostel I've stayed a. staff were great, location was perfect couldn't fault my stay. Would definitely recommend

They have an amazing spread for breakfast with plenty of options. The toilets, however, are old and take forever to flush. I also got restless at the hostel, probably because of the rainy weather during most of my stay and the very limited number of attractions in Cardiff. On a positive note, the day shift female employee suggested that I take a boat to Cardiff Bay, and that was fun. Riverhouse Backpackers feels more like a bed and breakfast than a hostel and is quite nice overall.

High on the list of the best hostels I have visited! Very central location, incredibly welcoming and helpful staff. The rooms/showers and common rooms are kept spotless and the whole hostel has a very warm homely feel. Along with an amazing breakfast that even had the Vegemite, will definitely be back!!

• 21st Jul 2015