The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

1923 Total Reviews

Best hostel I've been in a while. Run by the owner who greats you and shows you around. Somedays you are invited for cakes on the house in the evening. Quiet atmosphere. A rich breakfast each morning from 7 till 10. Little cozy place. Very clean and secure.

This was probably the best hostel I've stayed in staff, facility and location wise.

The hostel was amazing. Especially loved the £1 dinners and free chocolate cake. Only suggestion would be that they get bath mats for the bathrooms. They don't like the bathroom floors to be wet but it's hard when you step out of a shower. So if they had bathmats on the floor it would be much easier.

Lovely and friendly staff. Amazing location, really quick walk into town. Cardiff Arms Park & Millenium Stadium are right there. Great place to stay. The breakfast was good and facilities including both kitchen and bathroom were excellent. Nice lounge and dinning room and very clean rooms. I will definitely recommend it to friends and I will come back again! A+++++

The best hostel in Cardiff! And probably the whole UK!!!

• 30th Oct 2014

beautiful place and amazing hosts. would stay here again in a heartbeat.

I did enjoy the time when I was in Cardiff and it is my first hostel experience. The hostel host- Abi and Charles are really helpful and they provided a lot of joyful moment and awesome food. They also concern responsible tourism in hostel. The most important is the hostel is very near coach and train station, tourist attraction and supermarket. I really can't wait to stay here again when I come back to Wales again.

I absolutely loved staying at this hostel. I have traveled to many different places and stayed at a variety of hostels but this hostel was by far my favourite. The owners were very sweet and welcoming. They made the most delicious breakfast in the morning and we had an amazing home-cooked dinner for only 1 pound. They had someone always cleaning the hostel which was nice to see as I have been to many hostels that are not very well-kept. If I ever go back to Cardiff, this is where I would stay!

• 27th Oct 2014

Very tidy and friendly staff however there were a few points that need improving. There is no real area where you are drawn to in the evenings so we didn't spend much time here. Also all the bathrooms are shower and toilet (apart from 1 or 2) in the same room which means that you could be waiting some time before you can use a toilet in the morning. Clean and tidy like I said but had more of a hotel/B&B atmosphere than a hostel

Very good staff, good location. Clean kitchen. Only complain about the microwave that wasn't very good, but usable. Very good WiFi in all building.

This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at - great location, very clean, it has a great kitchen and dining area and a living room with huge DVD collection. Really good for anyone traveling alone, they have £1 dinner nights, Abi and Charlie were great hosts, they went out of their way to help me find a doctor when I was sick. It's more a guesthouse than a hostel, they're clearly very proud of the place and definitely should be. No complaints!

Very warm and welcoming place, where you feel at home. All facilities are avalaible and the breakfast is the best I had in all of the UK.

Clean and tidy hostel. Friendly owners. A very nice breakfast spread. Made to feel very welcome. Good location for the city centre.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Hostel meal for £1 was lovely.

Great place to stay, comfortable atmosphere and delicious breakfast. It's centrally located!

Very familiar place. It doens't like a hostel, but a house of a relative.

• 7th Oct 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the River House. The facilities were comfortable and lovely, the staff helpful, and the location close to all the excitement of the city. It was very quiet at night, and the complimentary breakfast was greatly appreciated and delicious! I'd stay there again in any future visit to Cardiff.

• 6th Oct 2014

This hostel was awesome! I think it is the first one ever to which I give full marks. They won my heart with cheesecake, they really did, and I had never had such a great breakfast in a hostel as I did here. The staff was soooo nice, the atmosphere was cool and their recommendations for places to visit were spot on. I have to say I expected something more modern but in the end, the cozy feeling in this hostel made my experience in Cardiff great.

Very clean, nice accommodations, good continental breakfast, secure facilities, nice bathrooms, and good location. Would stay here again if I return to Cardiff.

• 2nd Oct 2014

The hostel is well kept, great location near the Cardiff Castle, the High st, and train station. They had group dinners, and free desert nights which made for a great atmosphere. The staff was friendly and helpful. Great time.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6