The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

2000 Total Reviews

Great hostel, one of the best I stayed in! Comfortable common area as living room, dining room and kitchen. Huge private bathrooms on each floor. Free breakfast that is really good. The staff is very nice and helpfull. Only down side is the size of the room which is really small (no space for the luggage/backpack as the beds took all the space available). The ladder of the metallic bunk bed is very noisy when you clim up/down.

It was the best hostel I've ever stayed in! It was like living in a house with a bunch of people rather than a hotel or hostel. Everyone was really lovely and we had a very pleasant time. It is also close to a lo of things in Cardiff and we felt very safe.

• 15th Mar 2015

Very nice staff and AMAZING free breakfast!

really nice place, clean quiet and nice staff. and this is the first hostel that i have ever lived offer FREE breakfast which is quite delicious. the bed and pillow are really soft and comfortable as well. 5 mins walking to the central train station and 10 mins to the castle. and there is a lovely cat, mew

My stay was amazing, the owners are so nice and helpful and it almost feels being at someone's house rather then a hostel. The breakfast is great, a real boost for the day! Very clean bathrooms and bedrooms and overall, a nice, quiet and friendly place to be. I definetely recommend it!

Great place to stay. My only critique, if you can call it that was the shower water pressure was low. Everything else completely exceeded my expectations.

• 19th Feb 2015

An excellent place to stay overnight! Good bed, great food and everything is awesome :D

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Thailand

Very nice place, clean and excellent staff . I highly recommend it.

I loved my stay here! Charlie and Abi are so sweet and super helpful. They give you lists of things to do within walking distance and are knowledgeable on how to get anywhere in Cardiff. Also, they have cute events almost every night like free cider and chips or free chocolate cake, and the breakfast is amazing. The only issue I ha was that I couldn't turn the heat on the shower down- it was too hot (and really, is that even an issue?) Highly recommend staying here!!

• 13th Feb 2015

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It's a home away from home for travellers. It's really a cozy place, comfortable, clean and very friendly! The breakfast it's amazing and in the evenings there are sometimes free cakes or 1/2 pound dinners on offer. Also the two owners (Abbi and Charlie) are really nice, friendly and helpful! I have nothing to complain about! The Riverside Backpackers is what every hostel should be like!!

I honestly have no complaints. They're conveniently located with many Cardiff attractions and the city center being just a 10 minute walk away. The whole place (rooms/bathrooms/community areas) are kept clean and the community area is a great place to just hang out, meet new people, etc. Charlie and Abi (the owners/receptionists) are so great, personable, and super friendly. They plan activities almost every evening to meet new people and the free breakfasts are great. This is a great place!

• 7th Feb 2015

I loved this hostel. Charli and Abi are so nice and knowledgeable. They have great suggestions for where to eat and what places to walk to. They have maps readily on hand and give great directions. The hostel is also a very homey place that I felt comfortable in.

• 7th Feb 2015

The River House Backpackers is a wonderful place to stay. The staff is very friendly and are ready to answer any of your questions or give you advice. They also have free breakfast every morning and on most nights have some sort of treat and drinks for their guests. This place will make you feel right at home

very nice place to stay...

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

I had a great stay at the hostel. It was an ideal place to get a good sleep after going out into Cardiff, and the chow in the morning was quite appetizing. Thanks the owners for keeping up a such fine establishment.

• 31st Jan 2015

I had a lovely stay. Staff was very helpful, nice and friendly. Breakfast really surprised me, because there was so many options, that I wanted to try everything, yum! Also I spent all day in the city center on Saturday and when I came back in the evening there was a free cider and crisps in the kitchen (what the..? I mean it's not so usual in hostels, right?) Anyway, I Loved it! And people were just chatting there in such great atmosphere. Just a small details, but has a great value! Cheers!

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Lithuania

Thanks for a really enjoyable stay in Cardiff. The hostel felt like a home--even if it was just for two days!-and I didn't want to leave! I really liked the dvd idea in the living room, and the breakfast was one of the best I've had in a hostel. Keep up the good work!

Everything was amazing!! The best hostel in Cardiff

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

Had a great stay at the Riverhouse! Abi and Charlie are so lovely and helpful - always willing to lend a helping hand or give some great local tips. Also provided delicious treats most nights for all of the guests which was wonderful. The breakfast is phenomenal! So much choice and all delicious. Very clean, especially the bathrooms. Only small complaint would be the top bunks in the top dorms are dangerously close to the roof.

The best hostel that I have ever tried! A very good staff, structure, breakfast, common room and price!! :)

• 27th Jan 2015