The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

I strongly recommend The Riverhouse Backpackers. The location is excellent, the staff is very receptive and their breakfast is great! Also they have some individual bathrooms.

This is an excellent hostel. The location is ideal, on the river opposite the Millennium Stadium. Being a converted house, it is slightly cramped, however this is more than offset by excellent quality facilities, especially the kitchen and bathrooms, The breakfast is excellent. The Manager and staff are first rate. It is an exceptionally well run hostel.

this is the best hostel I ever stayed. I love everything there. the staff are very friendly, and the food is very delicious. it is very quiet to stay. very good sleep. very good facing the river.

very helpfull and nice staff, my family and I had a lovely stay, felt like at home I recomend it and if I need to go back I'll go back there for sure !

I only stayed one night at The Riverhouse Backpackers but was almost disappointed I was only in Cardiff for one night as the hostel was so lovely. It felt so cosy - as if you were staying in someone's home. The owners were incredibly nice and helpful. Breakfast was probably the best I've ever had in a hostel - amazing selection! All of the facilities you need in a hostel were there. Only negative - no lift, which is never fun with a heavy suitcase.

We very much enjoyed our stay with you. Everybody was very lovely, helpful and friendly, breakfast was fab and we could really see the effort and love that is put into running the hostel, we'll sure visit again! :-)

• 2nd Aug 2014

My friend and I spent two nights there and it was a really good week-end. The house is pretty, the facilities great, and the breakfast awesome. You're just a 5 minutes walk from the station and not even 10 minutes from the city center and Castle.

• 1st Aug 2014

The staff/owners were exceptionally welcoming and I really got the sense that they would go out of their way to be helpful. The location is perfect - the train, bus and coach stations are all within walking distance, as are the major tourist attractions and the city centre. The atmosphere was well-balanced and friendly. Possibly my only minor gripes would be that the rugs on the landings looked like they could just do with a go in the washing machine, and my locker door jammed quite easily.

The host abi n Charlie are super nice n helpful. That have various events in the evening in the kitchen which is cosy n intimate and it guarantees that u will get to know someone interesting. Serves very good breakfast. Strongly recommend. (From Hk)

We loved this hostel!!!! staff was great all the time, very clean, organized, quiet, good decorated, loved the kitchen and the atmosphere... Loved the Breakfast!! very varied... definitely will be back to this place next time... my husband never wants to stay in hostel, but after this one he would change his mind! Lovely place.

Hearing so much about this place, I did expect a little more but it was quite nice and cosy. Just someone's house, so a little small and poky and nothing special (or award winning) but did have a homely feel to it. Kitchen was tiny and had to maneuver around for breakfast with everyone else. I was up in the attic, had to heave my big bag up there and the wifi didn't work at all. Good lounge room to watch movies in and awesomely close to the city centre! That's what steals the show!

Such a nice hostel with very nice staff. Encourage everyone that visits Cardiff to stay here!

The one-pound dinner is brilliant, as we cannot get this anywhere else in the UK. Furthermore we had not thought of having free dessert on one of the three evenings.

Amazing work RiverHouse backpacker! You all deserve our respect! Please keep it up and show everyone the beautiful dnd vivid Cardiff city. I would like to thank you all for ur dedication and hard work!

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

An excellent hostel in the UK, which is rare enough in itself. Really close to the train station and all the major attractions.

Great hostel!!

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Best hostel I've ever stayed! Super clean, bathroom spacious, amazing breakfast, lovely owners (brother and sister), by central station so it's easy to get around. Safe to stay. Great atmosphere, I actually cooked myself dinner there!

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed and definitely the cleanest one. The bathrooms and the breakfast were the best!!!

The best hostel I stayed in during my UK trip. The house, the staff (the lovely Abi and Charlie), the events, all were great and really made for a warm atmosphere. The rooms and toilets were all clean, the place was quiet, and the free breakfast was really complete. Absolutely beautiful. Will definitely recommend.

The most comfortable hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff/owners went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable. Best hostel breakfast I have ever had! Excellent and clean facilities and bathrooms. The outdoor area feels more like sitting in a backyard than a 'common area', which really added to the relaxing atmosphere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5