The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

The stuff are very nice! Food is tasty! Room is very clean! Perfect!!!

Close to the train station and the city centre. Very friendly staff. The bathrooms and kitchen are very clean and the breakfast is great, many options of food and drinks.

Good location. Quiet corridors. Very impressive toilet and shower super clean and with tiles!!! Excellent breakfast in a family style environment. +++++

BEST free breakfast i have ever had anywhere! amazing variety. the owners are incredibly nice and the place is very clean. its in a house and has a very homey feeling, not a party place. also, some nights they cook amazing dinner for only 1 pound. i will definitely be back next time i'm in cardiff!

Great in everything, very clean, kind staff, great breakfast and premier league on tv! at 5 min walking from the station perfect for visit Cardiff!

A nice, friendly place to stay. I would definitely come back!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is just right. Not too close to the city centre that it becomes noisy and not too far as well as you can walk to almost anywhere in the city =)

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

I strongly recommend The Riverhouse Backpackers. The location is excellent, the staff is very receptive and their breakfast is great! Also they have some individual bathrooms.

A real home away from home. Loved it here.

This is an excellent hostel. The location is ideal, on the river opposite the Millennium Stadium. Being a converted house, it is slightly cramped, however this is more than offset by excellent quality facilities, especially the kitchen and bathrooms, The breakfast is excellent. The Manager and staff are first rate. It is an exceptionally well run hostel.

I surely wanted to stay with you there but sorry not to stay because my kid was under 18 years old, so I was very sorry that I should move another hostel for only one night. Also I must stay in a hotel for two more days. Anyway all staffs were so kind.

this is the best hostel I ever stayed. I love everything there. the staff are very friendly, and the food is very delicious. it is very quiet to stay. very good sleep. very good facing the river.

Honestly, this was my favorite place that I have ever been. I really loved it. Charlie made me feel really at home and like I could ask him anything, I was not afraid to ask for things I needed. He greeted me upon entering and said good bye when I was leaving, it was a very personal experience. The TV is also a luxury I really enjoyed because it was nice to sort of catch up on news on BBC or watch a TV show in the evening when I was coming home and tired. The breakfast was the greatest.

very helpfull and nice staff, my family and I had a lovely stay, felt like at home I recomend it and if I need to go back I'll go back there for sure !

I only stayed one night at The Riverhouse Backpackers but was almost disappointed I was only in Cardiff for one night as the hostel was so lovely. It felt so cosy - as if you were staying in someone's home. The owners were incredibly nice and helpful. Breakfast was probably the best I've ever had in a hostel - amazing selection! All of the facilities you need in a hostel were there. Only negative - no lift, which is never fun with a heavy suitcase.

a really nice place to stay in Cardiff, very good breakfast and friendly atmosphere

We very much enjoyed our stay with you. Everybody was very lovely, helpful and friendly, breakfast was fab and we could really see the effort and love that is put into running the hostel, we'll sure visit again! :-)

• 2nd Aug 2014

My friend and I spent two nights there and it was a really good week-end. The house is pretty, the facilities great, and the breakfast awesome. You're just a 5 minutes walk from the station and not even 10 minutes from the city center and Castle.

• 1st Aug 2014

The staff/owners were exceptionally welcoming and I really got the sense that they would go out of their way to be helpful. The location is perfect - the train, bus and coach stations are all within walking distance, as are the major tourist attractions and the city centre. The atmosphere was well-balanced and friendly. Possibly my only minor gripes would be that the rugs on the landings looked like they could just do with a go in the washing machine, and my locker door jammed quite easily.

The host abi n Charlie are super nice n helpful. That have various events in the evening in the kitchen which is cosy n intimate and it guarantees that u will get to know someone interesting. Serves very good breakfast. Strongly recommend. (From Hk)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6