The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

One shower wasn't working well, but otherwise this place was great! Very friendly and helpful staff, gave us great recommendations on sights to see, and they had a fantastic continental breakfast laid out in the morning. I would definitely stay here again!

• 14th Apr 2014

Great Location and the host was lovely

• 11th Apr 2014

Was mostly very nice, some people don't wash up after themselves very well though. Food and facilities excellent, but would be nice to have bath mats and hand towels in the bathrooms. Overall had a lovely stay

Getting in early it was nice that the staff could hold my bag so I could explore before checking. Room had 2 bunk beds and I got a lower one.. The guests make it work so that lights go off when we want and people are considerate. Breakfast was provided and it is a 10 minute walk from transport and shops.

Lovely, friendly staff, great free breakfast and a perfect location. Would definitely stay here again.

Was greeted by the very friendly owner to one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Perfect location to explore Cardiff, right opposite the millennium stadium. The rooms are very clean and it has the best bathrooms I have seen in an inner city hostel! Fantastic breakfast and free tea and coffee all day, and a meal in the evening for only £1. Definitely recommended and I will be staying again.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Wales

地理位置极佳' 价格适合' 对于顾客的安全也有保证' 虽然里面很小' 但是各种设施都很完善' 员工很好' 早餐很丰富' 总之是一个性价比非常高的酒店' 个人卡的夫旅游的首选

• 30th Mar 2014
  • China

Perfect stay. I loved the place, it was the best hostel I have ever stayed in...much better even than some hotels! It was brilliant. Would stay again.

• 27th Mar 2014

Nice hostel with great location, clean and staff was very friendly and useful.

To sumarize our experience with this hostel: perfect location, nice staff and lovely breakfast for a very good price! Best place to be in Cardiff if you are looking for a hostel

• 23rd Mar 2014

Very nice hostel, the bed is comfortable and breakfast is amazing. However, I was sharing a dorm with a woman who stays quite often in this hostel, she sleeps naked and hang around in the room naked in the morning! It was really weird and unpleasant. Beware!!

The Riverhouse is a very nice, clean and sweet hostel in a beautiful building, about 5 minutes on foot from the city centre. The staff was very friendly and I had no problems with anything at all. In addition to standard hostel services, there's a respectably big and tasty breakfast buffet and a great living room with sofas and a collection of books and DVDs to use. There are many many bathrooms so you do not have to wait for ages during the morning rush. Overall a great place to spend a night.

Very comfortable in every way. No negatives

The best hostel I have ever stayed!!!!! Charlie is so nice and helpful. The hostel is very close to the Central Station, so if you need to catch an early train, Riverhouse is the best choice. Also it is near to the city centre, you can find everything you want. Moreover, free breakfast is a big bonus! I love Riverhouse very much! I will definitely choose it again whenever I visit Cardiff. :)

Friendly, helpful staff, was nice and quiet so sleeping not a problem, nice old building well refurbished, great showers and fantastic breakfast. I will definitely stay again the next time I need to stay over in Cardiff.

The hostel is in a great location and it is probably one of the cleanest I have stayed in. They would have got a higher score on cleanliness however, they have cats and I am HORRIBLY allergic to cats. I don't recall it mentioning that anywhere before I booked, but I would never book there again. There are also a lot of extra little charges they get you with, so make sure you have change on you. However, they had no problem downgrading my room and not compensating me for the difference.

Hi, when you checked in we told you that you would be in a 6 bed dorm but there would be no more than 4 people in the room. As you booked a 4 bed dorm.So you were not downgraded. In fact you were upgraded. You didn't mention this at all during your stay??? as this would be explained to you.

A very well kept hostel, nicely decorated, always thoroughly clean. Staff friendly and efficient, atmosphere calm and warm. I felt relaxed and well looked after, dorm was quiet, clean and pleasant, individual shower-toilet rooms quite a luxury in hostel terms, continental breakfast tasty and fulsome. Quiet location by the river, 5min walk into city. A bit of a spread of ages and occupations among guests, so I didn't feel out of place as a 36yr old actor touring to Cardiff for a week.

• 24th Feb 2014

I felt very welcome. The hostel is very open and the staff is extremly kind. I enjoyed the stay and will recommend it to everybody who is interested in going to Cardiff! The breakfast buffet was my personal highlight!

• 16th Feb 2014

The facilities were great, the only issue I had was that the water in the shower was sometimes too hot and the temperature was unable to be changed.

The owners of the hostel were lovely, free/cheap food nights were great, breakfast was amazing and the individualized bathrooms were brilliant.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4