The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

1904 Total Reviews

I absolutely loved staying at this hostel. I have traveled to many different places and stayed at a variety of hostels but this hostel was by far my favourite. The owners were very sweet and welcoming. They made the most delicious breakfast in the morning and we had an amazing home-cooked dinner for only 1 pound. They had someone always cleaning the hostel which was nice to see as I have been to many hostels that are not very well-kept. If I ever go back to Cardiff, this is where I would stay!

• 27th Oct 2014

This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at - great location, very clean, it has a great kitchen and dining area and a living room with huge DVD collection. Really good for anyone traveling alone, they have £1 dinner nights, Abi and Charlie were great hosts, they went out of their way to help me find a doctor when I was sick. It's more a guesthouse than a hostel, they're clearly very proud of the place and definitely should be. No complaints!

Very warm and welcoming place, where you feel at home. All facilities are avalaible and the breakfast is the best I had in all of the UK.

Clean and tidy hostel. Friendly owners. A very nice breakfast spread. Made to feel very welcome. Good location for the city centre.

Great place to stay, comfortable atmosphere and delicious breakfast. It's centrally located!

Very familiar place. It doens't like a hostel, but a house of a relative.

• 7th Oct 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the River House. The facilities were comfortable and lovely, the staff helpful, and the location close to all the excitement of the city. It was very quiet at night, and the complimentary breakfast was greatly appreciated and delicious! I'd stay there again in any future visit to Cardiff.

• 6th Oct 2014

Very clean, nice accommodations, good continental breakfast, secure facilities, nice bathrooms, and good location. Would stay here again if I return to Cardiff.

• 2nd Oct 2014

The hostel is well kept, great location near the Cardiff Castle, the High st, and train station. They had group dinners, and free desert nights which made for a great atmosphere. The staff was friendly and helpful. Great time.

Wonderful hostel. Warm welcome, bit weak on events within the hostel which was a shame but then again they were mostly students so that would get old quick. Love that the bathrooms were always clean and the offer of it being cleaned if it wasn't; up to scratch was appreciated. Great TV room too.

We had an absolutely lovely stay here. The staff was very friendly, the room was spacious and clean (we got a private bedroom), and there were plenty of bathrooms, so you never had to wait long. (Although watch out, the water gets VERY hot.) Breakfast in the morning was nice and filling, and the location was absolutely perfect. We would love to stay here again, should we find ourselves in Wales.

• 24th Sep 2014

Amazing hostel. Great community feel, very clean and the guys running it were really cool. Definitely check it out if you're in Cardiff.

Situated within a quintessential Victorian home, located literally a stones throw across the River Taff from the iconic Millennium Stadium and a mere five minute stroll over the bridge to the heart of central Cardiff, The Riverhouse Backpackers sets the stage for a cozy, comfortable, clean, and convenient visit to one of the friendliest capital cities in the UK and Europe. Above all, owners Abi & Charlie, sister and brother, spoil guests with the warmth of true Welsh hospitality.

Hands down, The Riverhouse is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Great location to Cardiff's center, lockers, fast wifi, £1 dinner nights, river views, and great common areas, and I can't say enough great things about Charlie and Abi. They go over and above to make you feel at home. I extended my stay twenty minutes after I checked in. The Riverhouse made it so hard for me to leave Cardiff, but it will definitely be the place I stay when I visit again!

It was a beautiful spot, close to the river and right in the center of town. Also it was really close to the train station.

A great place to stay within walking distance of Cardiff city centre nice breakfast staff friendly and knowledgable

Awesome Hostel best i have ever stayed needs more showers

• 16th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Very clean and lovely staff! Did not expect such an enjoyable stay for this low price!

• 15th Sep 2014

Good and clean.

Location is so central and the staff could not be nicer! Very helpful will definitely stay there again!

• 12th Sep 2014