The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

This hostel was by far the best hostel I have stayed at while studying abroad in the U.K.! The location was perfectly central to restaurants, the city centre, and shops (and the staff was extremely knowledgable in helping us figure out how to get to other places around Cardiff!) The accommodations were unique, cozy and charming. The breakfast was delicious, and the rooms were cozy and had a great view of the river. I will definitely recommend to anyone else traveling to Cardiff. :)

• 6th Nov 2015

Perfect place, highly recommend! Lovely breakfast and great facilities

I have been travelling around Europe for four months and this is by far one of the best hostels I have stayed in. It feels so homely, a nice change from hostels attached to bars. The breakfast was amazing! The facilities and staff are fantastic.

• 4th Nov 2015

A very high quality hostel. Only complaint was the room was very cramped. Loved that the staff made dessert for all the guests though.

Excellent place to chill out. It felt more like a house than a hostel. Staff were very kind and helpful. Rooms and toilets were always in great conditions. Location was great with a nice view to the river, just five min walk to city centre and castle. Breakfast is varied and great quality. Totally recommendable

Felt very welcome from the minute we walked into the hostel. It didn't really feel like a hostel - it felt like you were staying at someone's very large house - which was all the more comforting. The communal area was a great area to chat and meet new people. The kitchen space was great and we were able to cook dinner one night. The hostel is very close to Cardiff Castle and most of the arcades. Highly recommended.

• 28th Oct 2015

This place is wonderful in terms of location, which is close to the city centre and is easy to get bus to get to the bay area. Staff in tgis hostel are very helpful and warm. Breakfast was wonderful. It's a small place, but feels like coming home.

Excellent place, I was up very early one morning and the night shift lady showed me where the breakfast things were, and to help myself. She also gave me fruit to take away....I would certainly use them again

• 27th Oct 2015

The place is really nice, feels like home and it was very clean. One of the best hostels I've ever been

• 27th Oct 2015
  • Mexico

The Riverhouse hostel is in one word perfect. It's cheap, you get a lot for free. The staff is nice, you can cook your own meals and it's super clean. I also met a lot of cool people there. I loved my stay and the location was perfect.

• 25th Oct 2015

Simply amazing. I'll definitely return. Fantastic breakfast. Incredibly clean - and I cant emphasise that enough - just excellent. Thanks for the upgrade. Could use larger lockers for bags, but security was very good otherwise.

Excellent stay. The only improvement would be bigger lockers in the rooms but this is just me a minor gripe. A big 'Thank you ' to all the staff.

Great location!! Right across from millennium stadium, easy to get to from the bus drop off, close to the Cardiff castle, and the market! The only thing, when I got there their credit card machine was not working, luckily I had cash, and they charge £2 for the use of a towel, other than that, I thought this place was great! Free breakfast!

Great hostel with friendly staff. Free towels would be nice. Breakfast was great with lots of options.

Absolutely the best hostel I've ever stayed at! It was an adorable house run by a very helpful staff. Our room was clean and had a great view overlooking the river in Cardiff. The beds were comfortable and they even provide real pillows. The best part though was certainly the breakfast. Most hostels' idea of a "free breakfast" is toast and cereal but this hostel had a full free breakfast and it was delicious. I wish I could have stayed longer at this hostel. Don't book anywhere else in Cardiff!

• 8th Oct 2015

I had a fantastic visit here & would uave stayed longer if there was rooms available! The breakfast was amazing & anytime we needed help or had questions we were very well looked after - definetly recommend to young & old very inviting and comfortable place to stay! And very nice outside area :)

Amazing hostel. The hosts were lovely, an hour after I checked in I was eating free apple pie!! Rooms were clean, comfortable beds, and the shower and toilet facilities were top class. Wifi was also very handy. Couldn't really fault this place. Book early if you are going to a match at Millenium Stadium as this place will book out fast!

Friendly staff, helped me a lot when I first arrived in Cardiff

Great hostel with a well equipped kitchen. Lovely breakfast and staffs. Clean and cozy.

I had a great time at Riverhouse Backpackers. The hostel is within a ten minutes walk of both the train station and the city centre which is perfect. The front door requires a code to get in. The dorms and bathrooms were always clean and tidy. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was perfect! Both the staff and the people staying in the hostel were friendly, talkative, and helpful. I have no negative things to say about Riverhouse, I would definitely recommend it and stay here again.