The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

2075 Total Reviews

I spent 4 nights in this hostel. The staff was very welcoming and helpful, I was even greeted with a slice of pie upon my arrival ! The hostel is really well situated near the city centre and just in front of the millenium stadium. The breakfast was included in the price and very good. The bathrooms are proper individual bathrooms and everything is kept clean. The overall atmosphere was really nice, and I will happily stay there again next time I go to Cardiff !

Another excellent stay a the best hostel in Cardiff....thanks

Had a great stay. Very quite environment with nice people.

It was really very good hostel with a good location about 10min.from The Castle and train and bus station. Really recommend it! The owners Abi and Charlie were very nice people,very helpful! All is kept tidy and clean. I really enjoyed breakfast there as it was so much to choose every day. Thank you and good luck in a future Simona - London

• 15th May 2015
  • Czech Republic

The Riverhouse Backpackers is one of the best hostels I've stayed at so far. The location is perfect, the facilities are good and the breakfast is a real treat. Stay there when you're in Cardiff!

Outside of schlepping my luggage up many flights of stairs - - - what an incredible experience! But, as hostel stayers know: You're probably gonna schlepp some luggage up a few stairs. Was delighted that breakfast was included with the price. Loved the facilities. VERY COZY/"homey". Great location.

The perfect getaway!! Exactly what I was looking for. Very quiet laid back hostel. Great staff. Great facilities. Great location. Best free breakfast!!! Highly recommended.

Very helpful staff and the best breakfast I have had since I started backpacking! Plan to stay there any time I return to Cardiff.

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at - great location, friendly staff, and clean facilities. Fantastic breakfast is included, as is wifi and tea/coffee. This hostel has a great social atmosphere - I'd love to visit again!

Had a great stay here! Such a good location right across the river from Millennium Stadium. Rooms and bathrooms were always very clean. It did lack slightly in atmosphere though. Apart from this though it was a great stay!

To be completly honnest I had such a wonderful time in Cardiff that I barely passed time with people in the hostel, but the few I had in the room was perfect for me. For the rest what can I say that was awesome, the emplacement great, the building beautiful, the kitchen full of charm and the cherry on the top was the breakfast, oh my, for a gluttonous as I am it was a great way to start a long day of discoveries

Very nice place, good location, friendly staff. Recommend 100%. The only drawback is that the hostel is quite small, like the common area and the rooms.

Amazing , loved the house atmosphere here

Absurdly great hostel. Nice rooms, exclusive facilities (yeah exclusive, even though it is a hostel) and an amazing breakfast. The location is great as well. They certainly deserve the title as the best hostel in the UK.

We had such a great time at the hostel, rooms were cleaned, the place was really nice and the breakfast....yummy. I love that they offer free cider on saturday night, what give you the chance to meet up another backpackers, GREAT IDEA! The only bad point is that the showers can not be regulated, normally the water is either cold or too hot. But it is a little detail

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Been to Cardiff a few times and the best hostel we have stayed in by far! Amazing value for money, already planning next trip back.

Location was perfect if you rent a car. We were able to park, which is surprisingly difficult to do in Cardiff, and walk to everything we wanted to see. 5 minutes yo Cardiff castle, 10 minutes from the center of the city. Felt very safe in the hostel and walking at night. The staff were incredibly friendly and very helpful. The shower was malfunctioning when we were, there, it was stuck on unbearably hot, but aside from that this was one of the very best hostels I've ever been to!

• 6th Apr 2015

Great stay here, would defnitely reccomend it. The only downnside for me personally was that I am highly allergic to cats and there is a friendly cat who wonders the bottom floor. Beware if you are allergic!

This was an excellent hostel! It had a vibrant, social atmosphere, clean kitchen and bathroom facilities and friendly staff. We made the most of several free offers, that were great opportunities to meet and get to know our fellow guests - free cider and snacks one night, free belgian waffles and ice cream another. The complimentary breakfast was also of a high standard (one suggestion - gluten free bread!).

Great hostel, one of the best I stayed in! Comfortable common area as living room, dining room and kitchen. Huge private bathrooms on each floor. Free breakfast that is really good. The staff is very nice and helpfull. Only down side is the size of the room which is really small (no space for the luggage/backpack as the beds took all the space available). The ladder of the metallic bunk bed is very noisy when you clim up/down.