The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

We loved this hostel!!!! staff was great all the time, very clean, organized, quiet, good decorated, loved the kitchen and the atmosphere... Loved the Breakfast!! very varied... definitely will be back to this place next time... my husband never wants to stay in hostel, but after this one he would change his mind! Lovely place.

Hearing so much about this place, I did expect a little more but it was quite nice and cosy. Just someone's house, so a little small and poky and nothing special (or award winning) but did have a homely feel to it. Kitchen was tiny and had to maneuver around for breakfast with everyone else. I was up in the attic, had to heave my big bag up there and the wifi didn't work at all. Good lounge room to watch movies in and awesomely close to the city centre! That's what steals the show!

Such a nice hostel with very nice staff. Encourage everyone that visits Cardiff to stay here!

The one-pound dinner is brilliant, as we cannot get this anywhere else in the UK. Furthermore we had not thought of having free dessert on one of the three evenings.

Amazing work RiverHouse backpacker! You all deserve our respect! Please keep it up and show everyone the beautiful dnd vivid Cardiff city. I would like to thank you all for ur dedication and hard work!

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

An excellent hostel in the UK, which is rare enough in itself. Really close to the train station and all the major attractions.

Great hostel!!

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Best hostel I've ever stayed! Super clean, bathroom spacious, amazing breakfast, lovely owners (brother and sister), by central station so it's easy to get around. Safe to stay. Great atmosphere, I actually cooked myself dinner there!

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed and definitely the cleanest one. The bathrooms and the breakfast were the best!!!

The best hostel I stayed in during my UK trip. The house, the staff (the lovely Abi and Charlie), the events, all were great and really made for a warm atmosphere. The rooms and toilets were all clean, the place was quiet, and the free breakfast was really complete. Absolutely beautiful. Will definitely recommend.

The most comfortable hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff/owners went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable. Best hostel breakfast I have ever had! Excellent and clean facilities and bathrooms. The outdoor area feels more like sitting in a backyard than a 'common area', which really added to the relaxing atmosphere.

Fantastic hostel with amazing staff and unbeatable breakfast!

This was the nicest hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff truly made a difference! I was even invited for pizza the night I arrived, which helped me meet many others who were also staying there. I can not stress enough how much of a difference the friendly staff made - I couldn't believe the kindness and support that was always available. Truly genuine people and amazing experience. Free chocolate cake wasn't a bad deal either :)

• 7th Jul 2014

The hostel is a few minutes away from the station. It has one of the best breakfast variety I have seen on the road. The room are nicely layed out with a tons of great details.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in, friendly staff, amazing location, well equipped kitchen and decent breakfast. You can't ask for more, I'll be back soon :)

I had a fantastic time at The Riverhouse. It's clean and secure, Charlie and Abi run a great place. Breakfast time is amazing here; clean, fresh and well run. The social nights every few nights can help to break the ice. Stay here.

Really great hostel, nice staff, good facilities and the free breakfast was amazing! Really recommend this one.

Charlie and Abi were just great, they are running a really fun and pleasant hostel. The only downside (and it's a small one) was that the showers were quite small - For a 6'1" tall person it was a bit cramped.

Manager is almost too helpful 'is everything ok?' Several times a day lol!! Seems a bit cramped in places but you really can't go wrong with this one. One of the best hostels I've stayed in, no BS just a great time!

Internet worked well all over the hostel. Breakfast was really good. I liked the place a lot