The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

2099 Total Reviews

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The proximity to the train centre meant easy access after arriving in Cardiff late at night and the staff were really friendly. I felt that perhaps the lockers in the rooms could have been better placed (away from the beds so using them don't wake up the others) and the duvets felt a lil damp but all in all great stay! Definitely stay here again whenever I'm visiting the area.

Excellent hostel with an extremely good location. The staff was welcoming and the room was nice and clean. Very relaxing hostel! Good showers and the breakfast was filling!

Awesome!!!!! You have your own little bathroom which you can lock and feel like home!!! I really enjoyed my stay! Very clean and great staff! Very close to the train and bus station and easy to find!! Best hostel I ever stayed!! The dorm are a little bit small, but very clean and bright! Really worth to go there!

• 29th Jun 2015

Had a great stay. The breakfast is great and they had Vegemite! The only thing would be the noise of the room doors by guests opening and closing them is noisy.

Great wee hostel - lots of character and lovely staff. Parking right out the front (paid) and handy for buses and trains. Also within easy walking distance of Cardiff Castle, various shops and the stadium.

Really friendly staff and great breakfast.

Great hostel! Thanks for a great stay :)

I had a wonderful time staying at the Riverhouse - it was CLEAN! The staff was great, the beds were okay, the kitchen and bathrooms were always spotless, and there were friendly people staying here as well. The location is superb, and a quick walk to the main train/bus station, as well as to the city center and local markets. Charlie was super helpful! Can't wait to come back! Oh I also loved the free cider and snacks!

Very cute and a nice quite place to stay. The bathrooms were quite spread out being on the top floor but I guess not much you can do about that. The breakfast was amazing and the highlight of this stay.

It was fantastic during stay in river house in Cardiff. If I have a chance to visit again in Cardiff , I would like to stay again river house. Especially breakfast was the best during my holiday this time among the three other accommodation. Thanks a lot and I will never forgot all staffs kindness and hospitality during my staying. I can promise if someone visit Cardiff I will recomend river house. Thanks again and see you next time.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Hostel owners extremely rude, condescending and petty. Try to nickle and dime you for every little thing; then write poorly written inconsiderate emails critizing your opinion when you provide constructive feedback. Hostel next door looked way more fun too.

I only stayed one night but it was excellent. The staff were friendly, the house was lovely, and I had a great time.

• 1st Jun 2015

I really want to recommend this hostel to my friends. Everything is perfect.

One of the best hostels I've started in. Staff were very helpful and the breakfast was just amazing!

I spent 4 nights in this hostel. The staff was very welcoming and helpful, I was even greeted with a slice of pie upon my arrival ! The hostel is really well situated near the city centre and just in front of the millenium stadium. The breakfast was included in the price and very good. The bathrooms are proper individual bathrooms and everything is kept clean. The overall atmosphere was really nice, and I will happily stay there again next time I go to Cardiff !

Another excellent stay a the best hostel in Cardiff....thanks

Had a great stay. Very quite environment with nice people.

It was really very good hostel with a good location about 10min.from The Castle and train and bus station. Really recommend it! The owners Abi and Charlie were very nice people,very helpful! All is kept tidy and clean. I really enjoyed breakfast there as it was so much to choose every day. Thank you and good luck in a future Simona - London

• 15th May 2015
  • Czech Republic

The Riverhouse Backpackers is one of the best hostels I've stayed at so far. The location is perfect, the facilities are good and the breakfast is a real treat. Stay there when you're in Cardiff!

Outside of schlepping my luggage up many flights of stairs - - - what an incredible experience! But, as hostel stayers know: You're probably gonna schlepp some luggage up a few stairs. Was delighted that breakfast was included with the price. Loved the facilities. VERY COZY/"homey". Great location.