The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

THE BEST !! They really make you feel at home.

Best breakfast I've ever seen, they had even had welsh cakes. Charlie and Abby are delightful and so so helpful. Charlie even cooked our frozen pizza for us, what a guy. Unfortunately the rooms are somewhat cramped and despite best efforts there still aren't enough bathrooms for the amount of people the hostel holds.

This is the best hostel I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. The brother and sister owners, Charlie and Abi, are the nicest people you will ever meet. They actually care about your experience there and it shows. It's clean and beautiful with a lovely, fully equipped kitchen, great dining space and outdoor patio. Bathrooms are fully private where you can go in and lock the door and have the whole bathroom to yourself. Best hostel in Cardiff, hands down. A must stay.

Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed. Excellent location (near city center and bus/train station) and structure (nice bedrooms and shower facilities, very clean, fully equipped kitchen, nice garden area with tables), Charlie and Abi are super sweet and friendly and they organize a little something for the guests in the kitchen at 7 PM everyday, great for meeting the other guests. Hotel-grade continental breakfast included and there's tea and coffee available during all day too.

Loved staying here, my sister and I were around for a few days and everyone was very helpful! Great breakfast (thank you for introducing me to Welsh Cakes), and great atmosphere. Thanks for making Cardiff very welcoming!

The best hostel I have stayed at on my whole trip, and I've stayed at a lot after traveling for 10 months!). Abbi and Charlie are so lovely and welcoming. There is a fantastic atmosphere at the hostel, which feels more like a home, an extremely clean home! While I was there they had a free cake night and a cider night, such a great way to get everyone socializing. Can't rave enough about how great it is, make sure you stay here if you are going to Cardiff.

The breakfast was absolutely amazing! Definitely not a party hostel, so if you are travelling alone, you may wish to consider elsewhere if you want to meet people. The staff was fantastic and I really enjoyed the stay. It would be nice if the windows had blinds to keep the light out, but other than that, no complaints!

Charlie and Abi were each so personable and helpful. The hostel location was perfect, easy to get to/from Cardiff City Center train station. Breakfast was *abundant*. We only stayed one night, and I wish we could have stayed longer.

Friendly atmosphere and the staff provided us with all the information we needed. The hostel was everything I expected.

What a lovely hostel! Great location, and extremely nice and caring. Would love to stay there again if I'm ever in Cardiff

• 15th Jun 2014

It's one of the best hostels i've ever been. Very close to the train station, very tidy and clean, and the breakfast next morning... OMG we thought we were in a 5***** Hotel. I've already told all my friends if they ever need to Cardiff once they should stay there, as you are paying the price of a hostel and seem that you are in a hotel!!!

Pro-great staff, pretty good location, and the whole building is clean Con-the wifi signal at top floor (4-bed female room) sometimes was poor, and the locker can't be locked

Best hostel for every occasion

Walking distance to everything in the main centre. Nice back outdoor area and staff forever cleaning.

Riverhouse Backpackers provided an excellent experience that really changed our weekend away. Especially recommendable is the events at 19:00 that help you meet the other people in the hostel.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Charlie and Abi are wonderful and occasionally provide cheap dinner or dessert. It was not loud but friendly with indoor and outdoor space to hang out. The only downside was climbing to roof if you're in the top rooms.

The riverside hostel was the perfect location for both exploring the city and the surroundings. The hostel itself is very luxuruous compared to other hostels: there is a very homely kitchen, a nice terrace, a cosy tv room, clean bathrooms... Plus, the owners are very welcoming and friendly and take very good care of everything. The highlight is definitely the huge included breakfast, consisting of cereals, fruit, yoghurt, welsh cakes and a lot more! All in all: great place to stay!!

Very nice accomodation. The house is beautiful and the staff is lovely. Awesome breakfast!

I had a fantastic stay! The breakfast is superb: such quality variety. The location was perfect as I was working at Millennium Stadium across the river. The bathrooms were very clean and with lots of hot water. It's worth going back to Cardiff just to stay there! thank you!

The staff here was very friendly, the whole place was very clean, and the location is right by public transportation which made it eaisy to get around.