The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

Nice place. Clean. Good staff. Good breakfast.

Great little hostel that I've stayed at before and will stay at in the future, if I'm in the need of affordable quality accommodations in Cardiff. Thanks

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. This lived up to my expectations based on other reviews. Clean, close to the train station and Cardiff Castle, occasional free snacks, big towels available for hire, padlocks available for 5 pound returnable deposit, they can print things for a small fee, friendly staff, nice kitchen, and did I mention clean?

• 16th May 2014

Wonderful people creating a friendly and family like environment for travellers. They look after the little details and everything done is done with the guest firmly in mind

Very Good

• 14th May 2014
  • China

Best hostel I ever stayed in. Super clean, genuinely friendly, amazing breakfast, very quiet and located centrally. Staff was going out of their way to make me feel at home. Absolutely recommend staying there.

This does not feel like a hostel - it's so clean, the staff are so lovely and the breakfast is crazy good! Charlie cooked us a delicious meal for 1 pound and was helpful with advice about sightseeing in the area. I had a great night sleep with their plush doona and pillow and the showers were the best I've had in a hostel. Only thing missing is a bit of social atmosphere - we were there during the week though so I think weekend would be different. Loved our stay and will stay again!

the rooms and kitcken is clear and the staff is very nice.

• 11th May 2014
  • China

The most amazing free breakfast I have ever seen at a hostel! The value for money was excellent. They had free cake both nights I was there and sadly I just missed the 1 pound dinner night they held. The hostel is VERY clean, cosy and close to everything in Cardiff. I would highly reccomend it!

One of the best hostel where we have been. Excelent location, nice staff, very good and comfortable house. The breakfast was excellent. Thanks a lot, we really enjoy the stay here.

This is the most well organized hostel I have ever stayed at and everyone is wonderful there. More places need to be like this and they serve am excellent breakfast! They truly are a model hostel and they've own awards and deserve more! Conveniently located as well

This is an amazing hostel! Well kept and very kind, with great food and opportunities!

• 6th May 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Great staff, lovely clean rooms and the best breakfast I've had at a hostel! It had a very homely atmosphere and I really enjoyed the great movie selection in the lounge. Within very close walking distance to Cardiff Castle. This is definitely the place to stay if you are looking for a hostel in Cardiff!

Everything was amazing. Thanks a lot for your excellent service.

Thank you so much for all of your help, Abi and Charlie! My friend and I highly enjoyed our stay at your hostel, and my other friend is headed there this next weekend haha. Keep up the good work!

• 24th Apr 2014

I stayed there for 6 nights and I must say it was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Plus, staff was really friendly and helpful. I will definitely recommend it to my friends.

The location is quite conveniences and very quiet. It's opposite to millennium stadium. WALK to rail station just 7 minutes, and Cardiff Castell only 5 minutes, even walk to information center or shopping center just take 10 minutes. The Staff is very friendly and supposed a lot information, also they have £1 dinner and free dessert couple times in week :)

Possibly the best hostel I've stayed in so far. Lovely refurbished facilities, everything very clean, great breakfast and a lot of activities to take part to almost every evening. (I had dinner with them for just £1!) The staff was very helpful and nice.

Great location (10 minute walk to the train station and 5 minutes from Cardiff Castle), lovely staff, nice breakfast for a hostel. There were individual lockable bathrooms with a shower and toilet in each one, which is nice compared to the usual dorm-style showers hostels have. I stayed in the 4 bed female dorm. The beds were comfy and each person got their own locker (though you need your own padlock). Strong, fast wifi in the room as well. If I went back to Cardiff I'd stay here again.

Amazing place to stay. Charlie and Abi really take care of the place and it shows with the clean and modern facilities they have. Breakfast was amazing and so were the dinner and dessert nights. The place felt really homely and just great to stay in

• 15th Apr 2014