The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

My friend and I spent two nights there and it was a really good week-end. The house is pretty, the facilities great, and the breakfast awesome. You're just a 5 minutes walk from the station and not even 10 minutes from the city center and Castle.

• 1st Aug 2014

The staff/owners were exceptionally welcoming and I really got the sense that they would go out of their way to be helpful. The location is perfect - the train, bus and coach stations are all within walking distance, as are the major tourist attractions and the city centre. The atmosphere was well-balanced and friendly. Possibly my only minor gripes would be that the rugs on the landings looked like they could just do with a go in the washing machine, and my locker door jammed quite easily.

The host abi n Charlie are super nice n helpful. That have various events in the evening in the kitchen which is cosy n intimate and it guarantees that u will get to know someone interesting. Serves very good breakfast. Strongly recommend. (From Hk)

i stay he for 3 nights thoughly enjoyed this place staff were more than helpful and freindly offer free apple pie i night and then also 1 pound for dish of curry chicken and nan bread the place was close to the castle in fact only 5 minute walk and also in to town i diffentley recommend this place.

We loved this hostel!!!! staff was great all the time, very clean, organized, quiet, good decorated, loved the kitchen and the atmosphere... Loved the Breakfast!! very varied... definitely will be back to this place next time... my husband never wants to stay in hostel, but after this one he would change his mind! Lovely place.

Hearing so much about this place, I did expect a little more but it was quite nice and cosy. Just someone's house, so a little small and poky and nothing special (or award winning) but did have a homely feel to it. Kitchen was tiny and had to maneuver around for breakfast with everyone else. I was up in the attic, had to heave my big bag up there and the wifi didn't work at all. Good lounge room to watch movies in and awesomely close to the city centre! That's what steals the show!

Such a nice hostel with very nice staff. Encourage everyone that visits Cardiff to stay here!

The one-pound dinner is brilliant, as we cannot get this anywhere else in the UK. Furthermore we had not thought of having free dessert on one of the three evenings.

Amazing work RiverHouse backpacker! You all deserve our respect! Please keep it up and show everyone the beautiful dnd vivid Cardiff city. I would like to thank you all for ur dedication and hard work!

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

An excellent hostel in the UK, which is rare enough in itself. Really close to the train station and all the major attractions.

Great hostel!!

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Best hostel I've ever stayed! Super clean, bathroom spacious, amazing breakfast, lovely owners (brother and sister), by central station so it's easy to get around. Safe to stay. Great atmosphere, I actually cooked myself dinner there!

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed and definitely the cleanest one. The bathrooms and the breakfast were the best!!!

The best hostel I stayed in during my UK trip. The house, the staff (the lovely Abi and Charlie), the events, all were great and really made for a warm atmosphere. The rooms and toilets were all clean, the place was quiet, and the free breakfast was really complete. Absolutely beautiful. Will definitely recommend.

The most comfortable hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff/owners went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable. Best hostel breakfast I have ever had! Excellent and clean facilities and bathrooms. The outdoor area feels more like sitting in a backyard than a 'common area', which really added to the relaxing atmosphere.

Fantastic hostel with amazing staff and unbeatable breakfast!

This was the nicest hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff truly made a difference! I was even invited for pizza the night I arrived, which helped me meet many others who were also staying there. I can not stress enough how much of a difference the friendly staff made - I couldn't believe the kindness and support that was always available. Truly genuine people and amazing experience. Free chocolate cake wasn't a bad deal either :)

• 7th Jul 2014

The hostel is a few minutes away from the station. It has one of the best breakfast variety I have seen on the road. The room are nicely layed out with a tons of great details.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in, friendly staff, amazing location, well equipped kitchen and decent breakfast. You can't ask for more, I'll be back soon :)

I had a fantastic time at The Riverhouse. It's clean and secure, Charlie and Abi run a great place. Breakfast time is amazing here; clean, fresh and well run. The social nights every few nights can help to break the ice. Stay here.