The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

Every thing is perfect even the tissue in bathroom. Super warm super clean. The kitchen is the well equiped and its the best I have ever seen. Highly recommend this hostel. The best place to stay the best place to meet a super cool guy. XD

An amazing hostel!! From the moment we checked in with a lovely warm (and informative - great when we wanted to cram as much in as we could) welcome to the moment we collected out bags (left after check out free of charge - great when you travel by public transport) was wonderful. Breakfast fit for a King (or a very demanding Princess in my case) and even an offer of cake (we didn't make it back in time - gutted!!!)....If Carlsberg did hostels it would be The Riverhouse Backpackers!!

• 16th Jan 2014

Lovely little hostel where I felt right at home. The owners are super friendly and helpful, the hostel is clean and comfortable, the bathrooms are excellent, the breakfast is good. The occasional one pound dinner was amazing. The room (4 bed dorm) was a little crowded, but I didn't mind given how lovely the rest of this hostel is. Would love to return. Definitely recommended.

We stayed for 4 nights and had a fantastic time. The staff were very helpful, the meals fantastic and the location outstanding! Would recommend to everyone going to Cardiff!

The breakfast is excellent! The owners and staff are really very kind and devote their full hearts to the hostel.

Wonderful hostel with great facilities and lovely and helpful staff. Great location and breakfast!

Very familiar ambience hostel and great atmosphere.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in, really close to central station and easy to find. The rooms were lovely and clean. Breakfast that they provide is amazing, generous selection of everything you'd want including fresh fruit and pastries of all kinds. The only trouble with our stay was that it wasn't long enough! If you come to Cardiff you need to stay here!

Fabulous hostel! Very modern and clean with a wonderful home feel. Staff seemed very helpful and willing to provide information on town and surrounding areas. Great location- within walking distance to everywhere in town. Definitely one of the best hostels we have stayed in!

Abi was lovely and there was free apple pie and ice cream. Front room had lovely big flat screen tv with large collection of dvds to watch. Kitchen was immaculately clean and there was free tea & coffee. Bathrooms also immaculately clean. I definitely would recommend and will stay again when I am in town as it is 5 mins walk from the train/ coach station.

• 29th Dec 2013

Best hostel i have ever stayed in!

• 20th Dec 2013

Great hostel run by a brother and sister duo, they are excellent and very helpful. The included breakfast is great as well and to my surprise included vegimite. The rooms are a good size and not cramped and the atmosphere was good. TV room was a great place to chill out and meet people and they had a good collection of movies.

This hostel is basically perfect. In an effort to be objective, I racked my brain to come up with something I would change, and the only thing I could come up with is that I wish it were easier to find the light switches in the bathrooms. The staff, location and cleanliness of this hostel are out of this world. The rooms are nicely decorated and SPOTLESS. The free breakfast is also good for a quick carbo load. I could go on forever about how great this place is!

Staff was very helpful. Let us drop our stuff off well before check in and then gave us many helpful suggestions about where to eat. Would gladly return.

• 17th Dec 2013

This hostel had modern features in the bedroom and bathroom and kitchen, but in a house like building that had the old European charm. They TV room was comfortable and homely and the kitchen was awesome and clean. I loved how the bathrooms in each floor were all in a mini wing and clustered together and most of them had the sink/toilet/shower combination with enough space to do jumping jacks (not that I did any). Location was great--quick walk to/from the rail and castle.

• 16th Dec 2013

I enjoyed very much my stay at The Riverhouse and I definitely recommed it.

Perfect location for Cardiff.

Simply amazing.

Nice hostel, has more like a family home vibe. Close to everything you need. Would recommend.

Lovely, lovely people. Great breakfast and wifi.