The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

Absolutely fantastic! Wonderful staff who went above and beyond with delicious breakfast, facilities and knowledge! A must for all those visiting Cardiff! We travelled the UK staying at 7 other hostels, this was by far the best!

• 13th Nov 2013

Super helpful staff, clean and very good located.

Amazing place. The hosts were so much fun and went above and beyond to make sure we had a great stay.

• 11th Nov 2013

A very friendly brother and sister run hostel, walking distance to the city centre, and we really enjoyed the wonderful breakfast! so much varieties!

• 10th Nov 2013
  • China

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Everything was perfect down to the last detail! Plus there was a dinner offer for 1 pound, which I obviously took advantage of, and it was great! The staff is very helpful and everything you expect from a hostel doesn't happen there! There's free wi-fi literally all over the place, everything is super clean and the atmosphere is terrific! Totally recommend it!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in

Everthing is excellent. Staff are very friendly and nice. Breakfast which is included is absolutely perfect. The atmosphere both inside and outside accommodation is very good. It is located near train station and town, just five minutes walk. I definitely recommend this place to everyone who will come to Cardiff. The only one thing that annoys me is the bed. It always makes annoying noise when you move your body on the bed.

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Thailand

cannot fault the place.... not too big and not too small...the staff are fantastic and are so friendly, this place has everything you need and its close to most of the good stuff... did i mention the breakfast, wow!! stay here, you will not regret it...

absolutely fantastic hostel. best we have stayed at. the owners are really friendly and helpful, the night we stayed they got everyone free apple pie and ice cream. the location is great and the breakfast is the best of any hostel. we wished we could have stayed longer. thanks!!!

The included breakfast was amazing. Charlie was super friendly and extremely helpful and accommodating. This place had everything we needed and more. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to stay in Cardiff, close to the port, train station and also the castle and Main Street.

• 23rd Oct 2013

This hostel really feels like you are staying in someone's home - it is so clean and comfortable and the staff really look after you with an amazing breakfast and cheap dinner nights and free desserts. Definitely recommend this hostel, it feels more like a bed and breakfast it's of such a high standard. Thanks guys for such a pleasant stay.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. First night was free chocolate cake night, seems like every night they either have free food or cheap (a pound for a good helping of chicken, rice, curry, and naan). The breakfast was delicious, hostel was very clean, 2 tvs were really nice. Very close to the train station, Cardiff castle, and millennium stadium. Rooms were on the smaller side and the lockers wouldn't fit our bags, but other than that everything was perfect.

Loved love loved our stay here! Staff all friendly, really feels like home! It's a smaller hostel but makes it easy to meet people, great atomsphere! Free breakfast! Amazing spread of foods, free tea and coffee all day, dinner for 1 pound when we were there. Free wifi. TV room/ lounge with all sky channels. Bedrooms were large enough and so clean! Bathrooms were clean, hot showers. The hostel is in a good location, easy to find, felt so welcome here. Only negative was the beds were uncomfortable

Very cozy stay. Nice staff, nice rooms for the price and a very homey feel overall. Would definitely go back if I head back to Cardiff! Nice location near the main attractions in Cardiff.

I think 500chars won't be enough for a fair review of this hostel. I think Riverside Backpackers was the best experience I've ever had in a hostel, and I've visited quite a few. Everything is an A+: lovely staff, amazing kitchen, internet works like a charm, excellent location, wonderful breakfast! Mind you, only downside I could find is they don't have a tumble dryer! (nearest laundromat is a 30min walk). Will totally recommend this place to anyone visiting Cardiff.

Very clean, extremely good breakfast

• 17th Oct 2013