The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

1946 Total Reviews

The best hostel I stayed in during my UK trip. The house, the staff (the lovely Abi and Charlie), the events, all were great and really made for a warm atmosphere. The rooms and toilets were all clean, the place was quiet, and the free breakfast was really complete. Absolutely beautiful. Will definitely recommend.

The most comfortable hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff/owners went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable. Best hostel breakfast I have ever had! Excellent and clean facilities and bathrooms. The outdoor area feels more like sitting in a backyard than a 'common area', which really added to the relaxing atmosphere.

Fantastic hostel with amazing staff and unbeatable breakfast!

This was the nicest hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff truly made a difference! I was even invited for pizza the night I arrived, which helped me meet many others who were also staying there. I can not stress enough how much of a difference the friendly staff made - I couldn't believe the kindness and support that was always available. Truly genuine people and amazing experience. Free chocolate cake wasn't a bad deal either :)

• 7th Jul 2014

The hostel is a few minutes away from the station. It has one of the best breakfast variety I have seen on the road. The room are nicely layed out with a tons of great details.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in, friendly staff, amazing location, well equipped kitchen and decent breakfast. You can't ask for more, I'll be back soon :)

I had a fantastic time at The Riverhouse. It's clean and secure, Charlie and Abi run a great place. Breakfast time is amazing here; clean, fresh and well run. The social nights every few nights can help to break the ice. Stay here.

Really great hostel, nice staff, good facilities and the free breakfast was amazing! Really recommend this one.

Charlie and Abi were just great, they are running a really fun and pleasant hostel. The only downside (and it's a small one) was that the showers were quite small - For a 6'1" tall person it was a bit cramped.

Manager is almost too helpful 'is everything ok?' Several times a day lol!! Seems a bit cramped in places but you really can't go wrong with this one. One of the best hostels I've stayed in, no BS just a great time!

Internet worked well all over the hostel. Breakfast was really good. I liked the place a lot

THE BEST !! They really make you feel at home.

Best breakfast I've ever seen, they had even had welsh cakes. Charlie and Abby are delightful and so so helpful. Charlie even cooked our frozen pizza for us, what a guy. Unfortunately the rooms are somewhat cramped and despite best efforts there still aren't enough bathrooms for the amount of people the hostel holds.

This is the best hostel I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. The brother and sister owners, Charlie and Abi, are the nicest people you will ever meet. They actually care about your experience there and it shows. It's clean and beautiful with a lovely, fully equipped kitchen, great dining space and outdoor patio. Bathrooms are fully private where you can go in and lock the door and have the whole bathroom to yourself. Best hostel in Cardiff, hands down. A must stay.

Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed. Excellent location (near city center and bus/train station) and structure (nice bedrooms and shower facilities, very clean, fully equipped kitchen, nice garden area with tables), Charlie and Abi are super sweet and friendly and they organize a little something for the guests in the kitchen at 7 PM everyday, great for meeting the other guests. Hotel-grade continental breakfast included and there's tea and coffee available during all day too.

Loved staying here, my sister and I were around for a few days and everyone was very helpful! Great breakfast (thank you for introducing me to Welsh Cakes), and great atmosphere. Thanks for making Cardiff very welcoming!

The best hostel I have stayed at on my whole trip, and I've stayed at a lot after traveling for 10 months!). Abbi and Charlie are so lovely and welcoming. There is a fantastic atmosphere at the hostel, which feels more like a home, an extremely clean home! While I was there they had a free cake night and a cider night, such a great way to get everyone socializing. Can't rave enough about how great it is, make sure you stay here if you are going to Cardiff.

The breakfast was absolutely amazing! Definitely not a party hostel, so if you are travelling alone, you may wish to consider elsewhere if you want to meet people. The staff was fantastic and I really enjoyed the stay. It would be nice if the windows had blinds to keep the light out, but other than that, no complaints!

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »