The Riverhouse Backpackers Reviews

59 Fitzhamon Embankment, Cardiff, Wales

The best hostel I have ever stayed!!!!! Charlie is so nice and helpful. The hostel is very close to the Central Station, so if you need to catch an early train, Riverhouse is the best choice. Also it is near to the city centre, you can find everything you want. Moreover, free breakfast is a big bonus! I love Riverhouse very much! I will definitely choose it again whenever I visit Cardiff. :)

Friendly, helpful staff, was nice and quiet so sleeping not a problem, nice old building well refurbished, great showers and fantastic breakfast. I will definitely stay again the next time I need to stay over in Cardiff.

The hostel is in a great location and it is probably one of the cleanest I have stayed in. They would have got a higher score on cleanliness however, they have cats and I am HORRIBLY allergic to cats. I don't recall it mentioning that anywhere before I booked, but I would never book there again. There are also a lot of extra little charges they get you with, so make sure you have change on you. However, they had no problem downgrading my room and not compensating me for the difference.

Hi, when you checked in we told you that you would be in a 6 bed dorm but there would be no more than 4 people in the room. As you booked a 4 bed dorm.So you were not downgraded. In fact you were upgraded. You didn't mention this at all during your stay??? as this would be explained to you.

A very well kept hostel, nicely decorated, always thoroughly clean. Staff friendly and efficient, atmosphere calm and warm. I felt relaxed and well looked after, dorm was quiet, clean and pleasant, individual shower-toilet rooms quite a luxury in hostel terms, continental breakfast tasty and fulsome. Quiet location by the river, 5min walk into city. A bit of a spread of ages and occupations among guests, so I didn't feel out of place as a 36yr old actor touring to Cardiff for a week.

• 24th Feb 2014

Really homey feel, fantastic and friendly staff.

Amazing place to stay and awesome value for money. The breakfast was the best I have had.

I felt very welcome. The hostel is very open and the staff is extremly kind. I enjoyed the stay and will recommend it to everybody who is interested in going to Cardiff! The breakfast buffet was my personal highlight!

• 16th Feb 2014

The facilities were great, the only issue I had was that the water in the shower was sometimes too hot and the temperature was unable to be changed.

The owners of the hostel were lovely, free/cheap food nights were great, breakfast was amazing and the individualized bathrooms were brilliant.

Probably the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The beds were really comfortable and the bathrooms are just perfect. Another plus is the free breakfast with everything you can think of. I would definitely come back!

• 15th Feb 2014

Fantastic friendly staff, delicious breakfast and awesome organised events!!

• 14th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

Fantastic little place just opposite the Millennium stadium. Great location, lovely staff, brilliant facilities, good suggestions of activities to do. Perhaps the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Simply Brilliant.

Wonderful hostel - felt like staying in a real house. Great tv package, 1 pound dinners some nights, lovely kitchen and dining area, nice duvets. Abi and Charlie and wonderful and their tip sheet is a godsend. All in all a really great place to stay. Definitely would recommend.

Loved this hostel! The service was great and helpful, the people were super friendly, and I loved that they did daily events like £1 pasta and garlic bread.

• 8th Feb 2014

I was only there for two nights, but I have nothing but good things to say. The breakfast was so generous, the staff extremely helpful. Totally top notch.

It`s not a bad hostel, but it doens`t worth all that money that is charged Breakfast is good, but they just have candys, not even a slice of ham or cheese Bedrooms are small and doesn`t have plugs for every guests Me and a friend did check out and come back later to catch our backpacks and wait a couple of hours till was the time of our bus to depart Surprisingly,Charlie and his adorable wife didn`t let us charge our phones or use nothing of hostel facilities So stingy Have a long way to go!

SERIOUSLY, definitely the BEST hostel (out of the 15) I have ever stayed at. Everything was perfect, it felt just like being at home but even BETTER! Amazing location, staff were super friendly, free breakfast was the BEST I have ever seen at a hostel, amazing £1 dinner, very comfortable TV room with Sky channels. They also have the BEST bathrooms I have ever seen at a hostel! PERFECT.

The riverhouse is great! Charlie and his wife are very very nice people. The atmosphere is really warm and curated. Excellent cleaning. I had very great time by the riverhouse. Vanessa Patassi

• 2nd Feb 2014