The Rocky Mountain Chalet Reviews

15 CR 72, Bx 600, Winter Park-Fraser, Colorado, USA

great place, nice staff, amazing kitchen, unfortunately a bit empty because off-season.

It's pretty quite on the back packer front during summer but this is the comfiest place i have ever stayed. Activities are plenty in the town and the scenery is spectacular. The staff were incredibly friendly and the facilities were immaculate and ample.

i thought the facilities were fine,

• 18th Jul 2013

I hate to say it because I do not want this place to become over-booked, but this was a great place to stay! Me and my friends will definitely be going back to stay here! Everything you need is accessible by foot and there is a FREE bus that takes you anywhere around town from 7:30am-10:00pm. You can't beat the location for the price!

• 18th Mar 2013

Really enjoyed my stay.. Exactly what I needed to catch a good shower and rest.

• 6th Mar 2013
  • American Samoa

Awesome place to stay. The only thing missing is a hot tub!

• 1st Feb 2013

Met great people, had a great time. The place is clean and well organized. The kitchen is as great as it looks, will definitely be back :)

• 1st Feb 2013

Great value with easy access to winter park resort and amtrak station. Comfortable rooms with great kitchen/common area and Safeway just across the road.

• 22nd Jan 2013

Wonderful place to stay. Great kitchen facilities.

One of the nicer hostels I´ve stayed at. Very clean, large and nice kitchen, lots of common areas. Comfortable beds.

Great place to stay - awesome kitchen, perfect setup, great people.

• 5th Apr 2012

Best ever

This is one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed at. Huge, clean kitchen, friendly staff, quiet hours that seemed to actually be enforced, and linens on the beds! The only drawback is the location, and the difficulty getting into town earlier than 8 AM, which made it hard to meet friends for breakfast. But it's a small price to pay for such a great place. I would definitely stay there again.

• 2nd Mar 2012

Best hostel of ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The most clean, secure, confortable. You gotta go to see!

• 3rd Feb 2012

I can't say enough about how thoughtful and kind our hosts were at the rocky Mountain Chalet. The accommodations were clean, safe, and not far from the slopes. The kitchen was well appointed and fantastic! The beds are comfortable enough, though they are normal twins and I am 6'8" so I imagine they'll do for most people. I had read complaints that it was loud after hours, but they are very adamant about quiet time after 10:30pm and I never heard a peep from anyone. Really a great experience!

Best kitchen of any hostel I have stayed in. Cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. Very cosy and welcoming with lovely staff (esp the night manager). Close to bus stop and safeway. Ended up staying longer then intended because I was so settled there. Love this place & love WP!

emily our host was s saint-great info and kept the place spot less. We had come off a 22 mile hike and the showers were clean and hot! I'll be back!

nice place on free shuttle route to winter park

this is the cleanest hostel that i have ever been to-- it's immaculate!! right across the street from the grocery and liquor store and on the free shuttle bus line. free wifi too! the only flaw is that the common rooms close at 10:30pm (for people who want to wake up early to ski) so you have to go to bed or go to the bar (we went out a lot!) awesome people of all ages (18-80!) and nationalities stayed here. i would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone! :)

I had a very pleasant stay at the hostel and the staff were always very helpful. The place was always clean and the guest there were also good people. I would definitely recommend a stay there.

View all Winter Park-Fraser Hostels