The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

Stayed here one night as a peninsula between couch-surfing. At £11 for a 12-dorm you don’t expect much, but there’s this real sad dinginess that pervades the place; the grubby concrete stairs that lead to a second ‘level’ on two floors, the way the shower spurts ungainly onto the glass, the sour staff serving breakfast, who deprived this wayfaring waif of a much-desired round of coffee before the breakfast session was even up, hurrying the cups and decency away simultaneously.

Free wifi please and better breakfast

Next time id prefer to sleep on the street. The staff was nice though.

The bathroom is very small and in our room the roof had water leaking from the floor above. Very small military beds and no free wifi. Breakfast ordinary. Very but i won't go here again.

I had to be waiting to take a shower or get off to the shower in the down floor , just one toilet for 19 persons, breakfast very current

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Spain

My experience was quite mixed. What could have been better - elevator was broke - no payment by card - no free internet, instead needed to buy cards, but connection was too weak to use Skype - monotonous breakfast, some ham or bacon would have been nice - tiny private room Most of the staff was quite unfriendly and cold, except for the lovely Camilla at the front desk who did smile and seemed genuinely concerned with client satisfaction.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Stayed in a private room and it was okay, looked clean!

• 6th Sep 2014

Great location, staff are nice and available 24/7, rooms are cleaned every day, beds are quite comfortable. Bad sides are: no free Wi-Fi, you have to pay for storage

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Croatia

Standard breakfast which considering the price I paid was good enough. Have to pay for wifi which I thought was poor. Staff not the most helpful, not a very personal hostel. They're almost I've professional but overall good for the one night I stayed

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Fix the lift clean the communal area and sort out your staff! A lick of paint would go a long way! Take care of the place!

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Israel

I had read really bad reviews about this hostel so I had very low expectations. But I must say it was better than I thought. I slept on the 2nd floor (life out of service) with the room facing the busy street. Yes it is quite noisy in the morning but I used my earplugs so slept like a baby and I used an eyemask. The toilet and shower in the room was always clean and there is free soap. The cleaner cleaned the room once a day. There are lockers in the room but you have to pay for it.

It was okay. The breakfast was nice and our room was clean. But then the ceiling started to leak because of the rain. That sucked.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Croatia

There were some mess with the bed I was gonna have, and a little more friendliness solving this problem would be nice.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Norway

We really enjoyed our stay in London at this hostel and wished we could stay longer! The location was great.

Free WiFi should be a must in 2014

At first not what we expected. But all in all for what we paid , it was a great little place. After a mix up staff bent over backwards to make sure we were happy. Not sure we could do it again however.

• 16th Aug 2014

Hello, thank you to all of the staff for all of their help..although being put on the fourth floor was a hike, it was still a great place to stay for a wonderful weekend! It just goes to show how unfit I really am! :) Will probably stay again,thanks for great breakfasts and hospitality!

• 15th Aug 2014

great! it's not perfect, but someone wrote, you're paying £10 each day, so don't spect a five stars hotel. for that money it's one of the best choices in london i would say. if i come again with this low budget thing, there is no question; i'll go direct to this hostel

• 11th Aug 2014

I've been in 4 or 5 hostels near Queensway/Inverness Terrace and I can say that this is 1 of the best. Shared rooms are big,beds maybe a little small, it has a big kitchen with 3 fridges,the shared area is BIG but unfortunatelly close at midnight (WHY??).The staff (the most) is kind, expecially the the dark-haired tall&nice girl.The free breakfast is ok but they should provide plant milk for vegan or lactose intolerant (PLS!!).No free internet connection :/ however very good quality/price ratio!

My personal experience in the hostel was in general pretty ok, but I must add some comments.1- I was in a 4th floor and the lift was broken, so it was a bit annoying having to use the stairs after having walked for the whole day.2-someone stole the jacket, the towel and the flipflops of one of the girls in my room. She went downstairs to the reception but the staff was not very concerned about it and they didn't pay much attention or showed much interest. It was an unresolved mystery....

• 9th Aug 2014