The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

I don't think they should charge for use of a debit card. otherwise all was ok

Breakfast for improvement: not much variety, one kind of jam, no hot chocolate or fruit, orange juice reconstituted ...

• 18th Oct 2014

Pretty good for a hostel in London. Best location for the money.

I enjoyed staying next to beautiful hyde park and running in it in the mornings. Hostel is a bit of a party one tho and I did find the humour in watching two french women have an argument at 2am. Good times.

• 18th Oct 2014

location is OK, very nice zone where is opposite hyde park and near undergrad. but hostel was terrible.. bathroom and wc awfull. actually I never try this hostel again.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Turkey

The staff were quite friendly. My American Express card was declined even though it was in credit and so I had to use most of my spending money on the booking. The rooms are advertised as having WiFi but when I got there WiFi was not free one had to pay for it. I wasn't expecting a five star accommodation so I was not too disappointed by the Royal Bayswater, it was most of the clientele that was the problem. The room was small. Considering this it was a bit expensive. Convenient to the tube.

• 17th Oct 2014

The hostel is in a really bad condition, the room looked like a prison cell, it only had beds inside. The beds are too short for normal-hight men to sleep in. A guy in the reception was really rude, though the girls were nice. But they had no clue about London, rather unhelpful... It really bothered me that there was only one sheet (for the mattress) given, so you had to cover yourself with a blanket that probably had not been cleaned for ages. The location is superb! And the breakfast is ok.

A nice stay.alas, still no working lift, and cold showers again..shame...still good location. thank you.

no locker in the room, no wi-fi and no card at reception moldy quarter room without lamp unshielded against cold window

A great low cost stay in London.

Pleasant enough, great location. Would go again :)

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

The lockers wasn't working, then we didn't have a safety place to left our baggage. The wifi is charged £1,00 per hour and it's not so good.

• 3rd Oct 2014

everthing is money. The internet was not free. Storeage was not free. towels were not free. The breakfast included only butter and bread. the elevator(lift) had been out of service since 7 days. If your height is over 180, the fittin on the bed is really difficult.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Turkey

Location is really excellent: 2min from Queensway underground station, 2min from Hyde park, near Queensway street with lots of cafes, pubs, souvenir shops, shopping mall. BUT staff were rather unfriendly and unhelpful. They were polite and courteous only when we paid for our stay. Everything was for additional charge (incl.Wi-fi). There was disgusting smell in our room that's why we had to sleep with open window, but that didn't help. The room and especially kitchen were quite dirty

They mention that the desk is open 24 hours and they ask you what time you'll be arriving when you create a booking, but in very small letters at the bottom of the page they tell you check in isn't until 11am. We chose this hostel because we thought we could check in at 7am when we got to London which would have made our stay a little nicer. They did however offer to store our bags for us until we checked in.

• 29th Sep 2014

Bad things: no lockers in the rooms, really noisy rooms (the hotel is just placed closed to non-stop street), no bar, no wifi, the living room should be more attractive (not enough power outlets) Good things: price is correct, breakfast is good, location is perfect (10m from the tube station)

It is indeed a cheap place in any respect, it feels cheap and it taste cheap... no character whatsoever not to mention fun or meeting point for travellers. With its position at the gate of Hyde Park and the buzzing Bayswater and Notting Hill area it has all prerequisites to be great hostel yet it is rather the opposite. It is a place to sleep and forget about being there.Unfortunately this is the case with all the Arab owned hostels in the Bayswater area. Avoid them until they learn to respect

The best located hostel in London.

Shower dangerous, no constant temperature, got very hot without warning. Lift not work and never is . Had to lug bags upto the 4th floor. Whole place needs slick of paint

• 27th Sep 2014

I found this place through a last-minute website, looking for a one-night stay for a spontaneous weekend in London. The location is central, good traffic connections, friendly staff, and in spite of being a hostel, it was surprisingly quiet! (I had a single "private" room to the back that even entitled me to a free basic cooked breakfast). The place is basic, but friendly and clean, with a good location, and for that price (compared with other London accommodations) it is a real bargain!

• 27th Sep 2014