The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

The fire alarm went off a couple of times during the night which was not very pleasant.

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Bulgaria

Matress were disastroysly thin and painful, shower were either ice cold or too hot. Plus Wi-Fi is available only if you pay for it, which is totally scandalous. I wil never ever come back to this hostel.

• 25th Jan 2015

Staff are two faced , stab you in the back . Atmosphere aggressive , poor Management .

Cheap and chherful, I just needed a place to rest my head after travelling to a concert, it was fine for my wishes. Breakfast was basic (eggs, orange juice, toast and marmalade, tea) but welcome before venturing onto the streets of London in January!

Staff are helpful and very friendly.

After placing my clothes in the washing machine and realising it was not working properly I alerted staff who said it hadn't been working for the past 3 days. They were obviously too busy talking to each other and playing on their phones to be bothered to put out of order signs on the machines. So after my cloghes sat in water for 2 hours it took me a further 4 hours to dry them in the dryer. Destroying most of my clothes due to discoloured and shrinking in the dryer that was also not working.

Good location and price, however there is no wifi, you have to pay for it. The break fast is very simple.

• 1st Jan 2015

Excellent place to stay - even when your passed 50 years ;-)

I only spent 1 night here and have been happy with the bed and the room. I had a wonderful sleep in a 4bed ensuite. The only problem was noise in the corridor walking,talking, slamming doors etc. but that calmed down after 1pm. Breakfast was basic yet alright. The place is run down around the edges but all in all a good deal. I would come back.

The Hostel is okay if you don't want to do something else except sleep, shower and a cup of coffee or tea in the mornig. If you stay in a private room you get a nearly proper breakfest. The doorm guest get Toast and Jam. It's a cheap way to enjoy a short trip in London.

• 31st Dec 2014

We were in room 303, 8bedroom, which is very small, just enough space to put the beds in it. Whenever somebody is in the bathroom, a vent makes a lot of noise. The heater was on maximum so it was very hot in the room and we couldn't turn it off. A mecanic came and fixed it, but it didn't help. So we opened the window at night, but then sometimes there was a lot of noise. (don't know where it came from) Overal it wasn't bad, since the location was great, breakfast was available and it was cheap!

• Belgium

it was bad experience at Royal Bayswater Hotel,broken beds,broken toilet'no cleaning,electricity was shut down,,,aaahhh horrible stay

• Pakistan

Great location, nice staff, great value for money.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Poland

Shared a room with one tweeker and another guy who got kicked out of another room for refusing to shower for protracted periods. Room smelled so horrible that someone insisted on keeping the window open (in minus five temperature) all through the night and morning to air it out... and we kind of had to see his point. Bathroom completely vile - shower has black mold, which grew over the paste they tried to snuff it out with. Shower had only two modes, as some have mentioned: scalding; freezing.

There was not hot water in the shower and toilet flush was not working. The best thing was the location of this hostel as its very close to tube. Also they helped us to keep the luggage for 2£ for 24 hrs on 31st night.

We stayed in the top floor and the lift was out of order so I myself had to haul all pieces of luggage up and down. Oddly enough, the heater made funny noises at night. An alarm sounded (sometimes) whilst taking a shower in hot temperatures; staff said it always happens so and suggested we should've kept toilet door open whilst taking a shower. Bed is rather comfortable. If you decide to pay balance due at reception counter and use your banking card, you'll be charged 5% extra.

The room is a little bit too dark and the lock of the toilet fails

A horrifying experience. My first time in London & bcos of this hostel, I don't ever want to go to London ever again! The toilet stinks so bad like 20 ppl just shitted before we arrived. And the flush doesn't work! The toilet light doesn't work! Hv to flush more than 10x for each use. NO FREE INTERNET PROVIDED. WE HV TO PAY? Isn't it the norm for every accommodation to provide free internet for the customers? Also, what's the point of asking arrival time if we hv to wait till room is available?

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

it is not just a hostel, it is a hotel as well, there's no lounge area, if you're by yourself and want to make friends it's not the best hostel to stay. Anyway, my bedroom was ok, no problems at all.

Really nice staff and good location. I stayed in a 4bed room and it was really nice! The bathroom was really clean and the water was always hot in the morning, but it would get colder by the end of the day. Internet isn't free but it's only 1£ per hour. The breakfast wasn't that special but you can't ask for much, it's a hostel not a hotel. I would stay there again.

• 26th Dec 2014