The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

Standard breakfast which considering the price I paid was good enough. Have to pay for wifi which I thought was poor. Staff not the most helpful, not a very personal hostel. They're almost I've professional but overall good for the one night I stayed

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

I had read really bad reviews about this hostel so I had very low expectations. But I must say it was better than I thought. I slept on the 2nd floor (life out of service) with the room facing the busy street. Yes it is quite noisy in the morning but I used my earplugs so slept like a baby and I used an eyemask. The toilet and shower in the room was always clean and there is free soap. The cleaner cleaned the room once a day. There are lockers in the room but you have to pay for it.

It was okay. The breakfast was nice and our room was clean. But then the ceiling started to leak because of the rain. That sucked.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Croatia

We really enjoyed our stay in London at this hostel and wished we could stay longer! The location was great.

Free WiFi should be a must in 2014

At first not what we expected. But all in all for what we paid , it was a great little place. After a mix up staff bent over backwards to make sure we were happy. Not sure we could do it again however.

• 16th Aug 2014

Hello, thank you to all of the staff for all of their help..although being put on the fourth floor was a hike, it was still a great place to stay for a wonderful weekend! It just goes to show how unfit I really am! :) Will probably stay again,thanks for great breakfasts and hospitality!

• 15th Aug 2014

I've been in 4 or 5 hostels near Queensway/Inverness Terrace and I can say that this is 1 of the best. Shared rooms are big,beds maybe a little small, it has a big kitchen with 3 fridges,the shared area is BIG but unfortunatelly close at midnight (WHY??).The staff (the most) is kind, expecially the the dark-haired tall&nice girl.The free breakfast is ok but they should provide plant milk for vegan or lactose intolerant (PLS!!).No free internet connection :/ however very good quality/price ratio!

My personal experience in the hostel was in general pretty ok, but I must add some comments.1- I was in a 4th floor and the lift was broken, so it was a bit annoying having to use the stairs after having walked for the whole day.2-someone stole the jacket, the towel and the flipflops of one of the girls in my room. She went downstairs to the reception but the staff was not very concerned about it and they didn't pay much attention or showed much interest. It was an unresolved mystery....

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Never again. Dirty, old, little little wc, stupid recepcionist.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Spain

It is a good place, but wi fi that is a elementary thing isn't free, it is very expensive

The worst place I've been hostelded. A very bad atmosphere, dark, dirty, small rooms, old and really disgusting. The only good thing about this hostel is the location, there are 2 underground station.

• 7th Aug 2014

Certainly there must be better cheap hostels in London than this one, however if you intend to stay just a few days, it might suit you anyway. It's a safe hostel as there are keycard control to get access to the rooms' area and to the rooms themselves, but no room lockers (only a few safes in the reception). This hostel is sort of well-located, in front of the Hyde Park, with some metro stations around and not so far from the hotspots. Breakfast is fairly convenient.

It was a really nice place to stay considering how much you pay! The location is excellent!

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

A budget hostel you get what you pay for. Rooms have little ventilation, and noisy machinery right outside the windows make getting a good nights sleep impossible. But its in an excellent location, right across from Kensington Palace.

Amazing price, amazing location... what was bad, was air conditioning from restaurant in front of our window making quite big noise 24 hours a day, but still I must recommend this hostel.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Decent hostel by London standards, but the beds were really short and the traffic noise from the street all night quite disturbing... had to sleep with windows open so that nobody would suffocate.

The room was dirty, the bathroom small enough that you could do the shower staying seated in the wc! Two electricity sockets for six persons, dust everywhere, no personal locker in the room and no spaces for my clothes!!!! This hostel is simply rubbish!

The girls in the night are very lovely. All the services are paid. Disgusting. Wifi paid. Lookers paid.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Argentina

The rooms were spacious and clean. The only downside was that the internet was very expensive.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7