The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

Rooms stuffy

It's in a good spot, near the tube and buses, right across from Kensington Gardens but the hostel could use some upgrades, especially in security - there are only a handful of lockers all of which were full so that was disappointing. Not the worst place we've stayed but certainly no where near the best.

The good points for this hostel : very good location, bus stop right at the door, clean, kitchen at your disposal, no curfew. Bad points: the lift isn't working most of the time, staff doesn't really know about what to see and the prices, noisy because of heating or cooling right outside the window of my room.

The location is excellent (just a step from the subway and buses) which is good because once you've seen your room you just want to go far away from it. - One night it rained, the ceiling was LEAKING (the drops falling on my face and my bed woke me up). - Many acarids although the the room is cleaned regularly (I spent my time sneezing) - Disgusting breakfast - Unpleasant staff (just tell us if we annoy you by asking questions) Ugh I'll never come here again!

• 14th Jul 2014

Wi-fi should be free!! Nice common room and kitchen, helpfull staff, excellent location in front of hyde park

Wi-Fi should be free + no lockers at room.

Location is excellent! Very close to Central London. Good value for money. Other basic items are payable though like the Internet, towels and to keep your luggage (2 pounds per bag).

hostel is in a really good location. Free wifi would make the hostel even better. No real common area to meet other travelers, but you can meet some in the dorm room. good value for money, would prob stay there again next time I'm in London :)

This hostel is a good deal for what you pay for. Bed, warm shower, breakfast. It's not a luxury hotel so you shouldn't expect that. I came in with low expectations and was satisfied. It's right near Hyde Park and the bus stop so while it's a bit west of Piccadilly square, it's not hard to get anywhere.

We booked 2 beds in a 4 bed room in advance. Once we arrived they told us, that someone did a mistake and now we had to sleep in a 8 bed room. This room was so packed with people, stinking and facing the main street that we could barely sleep that night. In both rooms and bathrooms that I slept in no hooks for clothes existed!

• 7th Jul 2014

Worse ever hostel I had stayed

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Very Pleasant and efficient ladies on the desk, comfortable beds and nice to have toilets en suit.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Location is great, Massive park right across the road to relax. Value for money is good, need to pay for wifi, average continental breakfast.

I like there, but don't have free wi-fi, you need to pay for that.

Nice room was just ruined with the people that were in them getting us up at 5 each morning. Kitchen was okay and had a working oven as well as hobos. Excellent location operate Hyde park and around the corner from a tube station.

No wifi :(

• 1st Jul 2014

I had BLOOD on my sheets!!! When I complained to reception the person said " I don't know if it's blood - I'm not a forensic scientist !!" Clearly they don't change the sheets between guests. It was disgusting. Really dirty place. Wifi sucked. DONT EVER STAY HERE!!!!

• 29th Jun 2014

I was really disappointed and I would not book this hostel again. It does not fulfill the expectations you get if you hear the name.

• 24th Jun 2014

Close to tube station, buses and loads of pubs, restaurants and shops. Really friendly staff. You have to make your own bed up so not great if you arrive in the middle of the night, however the beds are probably the comfiest I've ever slept in at a hostel, think they are all foam mattresses which means no springs sticking into you all night. Breakfast is included and there's plenty of space and a telly in the dinning room.

good for the money, Its were I stay when im in London - been at this place 3 times now. Close to underground (20m), small supermarket, bar mm. Right across the street is Hype park. I have only stay in privat rooms. Only positive things to say about that.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5