The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

The price of this hostel was very misleading. You have to pay (and not cheaply) for wifi, towels, a map, etc. We had several problems with our rooms, which is a first in the hostels that I have stayed at and although they were dealt with it was still annoying. Also, my friend bout wifi for an hour (because the hostel doesn't have free wifi-not even in their lobby) and it didn't work, and they would not refund her. The only positive thing I have to say is that it was in a great location .

• 17th Apr 2014

I arrived at the hostel and they put me in a place that there weren't a bed! So they changed me to a better place. There aren't lockers in the bedrooms.

Terrible!! Needs to clean, to improve your staff, your bads and add more facilities like internet free (it's very important for us and don't need to be so expensive) and luggage free too, for the price that we pay it should be include.

I spent one night before an earli flight. My roomate was snoring so I couldn't sleep so thankfully the staff was friendly and let me change room at 4am. I woke up to ants on the floor....... Not a pleasant experience. Ps: you have to put bedsheets on yourself and carry back to reception after use. Charging blood prices for the wifi

Nice hostel in a good location. The worst part was the kitchen and its utilities.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Spain

For these price it's hard to find sth better in zone 1. Conditions were quite poor: For example problems with light switch: to switch on the light in bathroom it was necessary to switch the light in all room. Quite uncomfortable for roommates ;/

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Very good location, simple but ok.

Considering the size of the room, I can't really argue about the price or the quality. I enjoyed y stay and it provided me with a place to stay when I needed it.

• 7th Apr 2014

I didn't expect much from a cheap hostel which is located at a great location but this place surely need maintenance.

That Hostel is okay but you have to pay for the wifi, the lockers and not so less some staff members was not so nice and the bed was not solid.

You have to do something about the showers but that's really the only issue i'd complain about.

• 1st Apr 2014

A recepcionist was asked to order a taxi, but it did not come, so we missed a fly.

I havent enjoyed my stay. I have stayed in hostels before within the same price range, but this was terrible.The room was a mixed dorm for 6 people. There were 2lockers, completely broken and dents all over. In the middle of the night, security came because an Italian girl's iPhone got stolen. And this is the hostels fault, but in my room, there was an old man, snoring so hard I did not sleep until they put me in another room so I slept for 2hours. The staff is friendly and that's all.

If you're looking for a hostel with a reasonable price to spend one night, maybe this the place for you, but before to book your night with them be aware that the only thing included in the price is the breakfast in the following day. Internet, lockers, plug adaptors, etc... Everything is need to be paid a part.

#worsthostelever

Excellent staff *****

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Poland

Some way of putting your name on the bed, showing that it is yours(in 20 bed rooms). And of course free WiFi is a must! :)

It was the worst hostel that I ever stay in the all world. The showers dosen't have hot water!!!!! The breakfast that is included is only coffee, te , toast and butter! The bedrooms are really dirty! And the beds are really noisy. The attention from the staff was really bad, every time that I tried to ask something they answer really bad. I would never stay in this hostel again! Is better to pay a little bit more than stay in this place!

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

First of all I must say that it s a good hostel for the money. It is as cheap as dirty. Not well located (1 hour and a half walking from center or 20 minutes by bus). The hostel is not clean, and there was too many people on my room. I accepted that thinking that they would clean better and more often. Breakfast is ok. Staff is not polite, and they barely speak English. Their attitude towards customers is not friendly. Given all these things, I must say that it s ok for the cheap price

worst hostel ever! Way too noisy as it was near a main road. /bed was very uncomfortable!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4