The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

Generally good value at the price but Wi Fi signals in the room was extremely poor despite the staff's assurance that one would enjoy good signal in the room. Also, staff advised that one could connect to the internet on multiple devices at the same time but found out that if one device was connected, it was not possible to connect to the internet on another device at the same time.

Location is great, very good for your money. Central London, near tube and near bus. Staff is friendly, nice to have internet at computers downstairs, quick and easily to access. Though I missed charging points and free wifi, which is a must, I think. Also there is no privacy at the sleeping bunks, which isn't great. A curtain would be little effort but add to comfort. Breakfast was ok, but could be more than one topping for bread. Altogether nice but wouldn't go back because lack of privacy.

• 19th Aug 2015

Great place, very enjoyable stay, thanks

cheap. dirty bathroom. no hostel feeling. wifi is bad and costs 1£ per hour... don't recommend

Shower head faulty - hardly any water. Window cracked. Nowhere to hang trousers - hangers in wardrobe only for coats and tops. Nowhere to hang towels. Very cramped room. Both inside and outside could do with a lick of paint. Rooms very tired looking and drab.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Since the hostel is at a really good location, I gave "good" for the 'value for money' point. However there are a few points that the hostel could improve at - things that would not need big investments, but would definitely do good to the guests' overall feeling: would have been nice to have more 2 sockets in the room, to have free lockers (even if with own lockpads, like in other hostels), to have wifi.. Otherwise I enjoyed my stay.

Very clean place with nice atmosphere. Wifi is not free though which really dragged the place down, if it was free this would be one of the best hostels ever and without a doubt the best value for money.

It was really much better than I expected to. It doesn't mean that it was a good experience. The staff impolite, the atmosphere so far from a hostel... good breakfast, though.

The staff is lovely and helpful. I wanted to mention the receptionists Hamid and Kamilia: they do a very good job !

• 3rd Aug 2015

Bad street noise all night, no so street lights and the moon shine right into your face if you sleep next to a window. Cold shower only in morning. Staff says the guests are to blame too shower at same time! Avoid!

I have just noticed that you have collected the remaining amount of £11.43 from my account. I did not come to the hostel on the 30th July. Please return my money as you are only entitled to the deposit and not the full amount. Kezia asare

We booked one of the larger rooms but were that we were able to get very little sleep due to the noise of people coming and going in the room as well as the noise from the building and outside. We found that the room itself was dark and stuffy. The bathroom was also not that clean. Overall we were releaved that we were able our stay short and stay at a friend's.

Great staying, reasonable prices etc., however no free wifi., other things are fine.

Shower is terrible, and so is the elevator - very unpredicdaple. Location is perfect, right next to Hyde Park and Queensway Underground. Breakfast was just enough to be average.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Finland

They nickle and dime you some. Lockers cost (and are not located in every room) luggage storage costs, internet costs, etc. Decent location, a little dingy.

Good place to stay for a few days

Hi,I have been o in many hostel around the world this is the worst hostel in my life very rude staff,people long term residents in there are from north Africa, some people in there still everything specially Food. If you want complain them start to pick on for no reason.it's very strange hostel avoid avoid avoid the manager Amanda is just incompetent she doesn't know anything. I feel sorry about her. People don't go in there there are many hostel around ....

Overall the hostel was okay. Good breakfast of toast and jam or cereal in the morning. You have to pay for wifi. The private rooms were quite small. Our room always smelled bad, even with the window open.

I stayed here for one night and it was okay. It's good value for money; it's quite clean, there's a kitchen and they offer a free breakfast. The location is good with two underground stations near it and Hyde Park just across the street. There's an internet cafe on the ground floor. There's apparently no common room though, so this hostel is more like a place where you just come to sleep after you've spent all day exploring the city.

We were really pleased with our stay, the staff were quick, efficient and pleasant, the room was definitely of a good standard considering what you pay (you'll pay a lot more for the same standard at a London hotel). It was super close to the tube (which was on the central line) so easy to get around.

• 13th Jul 2015