The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

Dirty and poorly maintained. I woke up several times in the middle of the night due to the terrible smell and so much snoring. Won't stay here again.

too many additional costs, e.g. for towels, luggage storage, adapter for plugs...

• 2nd Mar 2014

The hostel is wonderfully located, and comfortable. We were in a shared dorm, so facilities were basic, and everything from safe storage to internet, was charged above the basic rate. Breakfast for shared rooms is also less generous, which means you actually need to go out and find more food. The staff was courteous and the hotel atmosphere quite good. There is not enough ventilation in the room we were in, and only one light bulb shared between the six guests! Its not conducive to reading.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Pakistan

The Location is very good! It is close to Oxford street, directly located at the Hyde Park and metro/bus stations are very close. Nevertheless, the hostel is not clean at all, we didn't even dare too try the breakfast and the room smells like the windows have never been open! All in all it is okay for a couple of nights if you are not demanding...

• 22nd Feb 2014

This hostel is awful. Staff were very rude and not helpful, breakfast is only toast and it was dirty. When I got to my room, there wasn't a bed open. I went downstairs to tell the woman at reception, she went upstairs and took the sheets and a pair of pants off a bed and told me to sleep on it. When I said I'm not sleeping in someone else's bed to have them kick me out when they get home, she have me attitude and left the room. I would rather sleep in my car.

It's the 5th time we come back to this hostel. We love it ! - D.G and J.N.

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

My power bank and charger was stolen in my room.Very smelly room,Very poor atmosphere,No wifi, no free towel,what you get is only a shower with very hot or very cold water.Bad facilities.The breakfast I only had for once cuz it's too bad to suffer from.I will never stay there again.London is a great city but this hostel is rubbish.

I stayed in a twin ensuite, very comfortable. The room needs a bit of refurbishment, there were some wet marks on the wall. Despite that I loved the place. :)

The showers could really need a check. They are not good at all. I stayed with 7 other girls and almost all of us agreed that the shower was really poor. Otherwise I have enjoyed the stay.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Denmark

No free Internet Walls are thin

Good location, close to the tube station. But the hostel itself looked a bit run down. No good relaxing atmosphere. Most vistors didn´t look like backpackers more like low payed workers. Poor breakfast but ok. Just one bathroom for 12 persons. Rooms are run down, old metal bunk beds not very stabel. But all in all an good cost-benefit ratio.

There was an ongoing problem with the lift, which meant climbing 5 flights of stairs from breakfast room to dorm. there were no amenities in the kitchen for cooking or heating personal food stuff. Staff were courteous and helpful.

i staid 4 night in a 10 beds's rooms...You get, what you pay. For the money it's okey: a bed, a breadfast and a bathroom, for other thing, you have to pay. I didn't see strange people o something like that, but the atmosphere it's not too good , for know people ( half of the guests has 35-50 ages).All let his luggage in the bedroom(shoes , towels, etc) and nothing strage happened

I stayed ina room for 10 people. There was no other young people besides me and my friends. This hostel does not have a young vibe. The breakfast is very poor, only bread and butter. Nothing was tidy and new. You can see that there was no care for the place. Only one bathroom for 10 people, you can imagine how it gets after everyone baths. NO FREE WIFI, you have to pay for everything there. The place is dirty!!!

• 18th Jan 2014

The rooms were quite clean and rather big. We stayed in a 20 beds dorm and the guests were all very kind and quiet late at night. Unfortunately the showers were cold, but the bathrooms were quite clean. We enjoyed our stay.

• 16th Jan 2014

When we arrived at our room, it was very untidy, they give us numbers of our beds but it was impossible to find. The hotel charge for the internet one high price, it was really bad. The breakfast is terrible. This is the worst place that i have ever gone on my life,

We just spent one night there, but the shower was very bad, either boiling or freezing water, it looked dirty overall. Our bedroom was really small for 8 persons, the beds couldn't fit it properly, there was no almost no space for luggage. Breakfast was ok. But it is a cheap hostel, so for just one night it was acceptable.

• 1st Jan 2014

The breakfast was not a full British breakfast, on which I was hoping. but the food offered was good quality.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Belgium

I did not like this hotel. The rooms have a bathroom for 10 or more people, no free internet, you need to pay 1 pound per 15-minute internet.

• 30th Dec 2013

This hostel was okay. We found most of the staff pretty cold and unfriendly (especially the manager). You have to pay 2pounds every 24hours to use the safe..even though most of the free lockers in the rooms are broken. Breakfast was average.