The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

• The bathrooms are horrible, both in cleanliness as in functionality (the showers only give a sad dribble of water) • There are no comfortable common areas, only the breakfast room, which is very sterile • You have to pay extra for almost everything • The very expensive wifi has very poor connection quality • The rooms are stuffed with beds Overall, the Bayswater hostel seems to have optimized to let the maximum number of people survive on minimum cost and space.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Pros: The location is great as there is a bus stop and subway station right outside. Cons: I am new to backpacking but this was the worst hostel of our trip so far. It does not have that warm and fun atmosphere and the staff treats you like the amount of money your paying. One of them actually ripped me off and refused to give me key card deposit back, yes you have to pay for your room key and make your own bed. They also told us they don't wash the blankets. Would never go back

• 23rd Sep 2014

Good hostel, good breackfast and good location, problem? a couple of tiny cockroaches in our room, but nothing to worry about

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Stayed in a single room. It was clean, the only problem was the shower not working properly. The location is ideal. Good value for money in London. Check out at 10am is a bit early.

no lift no free wifi

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Had to argue with a drunken guy at 4am as I took his bed. They have no system for the beds you have to choose a used bed that could belong ti someone, it's weird.. I asked reception : how do I know what bed is taken and which one is free? They said : don't worry just take one and we sort it out later us its taken by someone else. Then at 4am of course they said I had to move to anot bed. Not Royal!

Located on a very busy street with loud cars and loud people outside 24/7, with windows that could not be closed. So we did not get any sleep.

No powerpoint in the room - or if there were I couldn't see any. Helpful staff, crisp clean sheets. Rabbit-warren hallways and you can hear people using them and out on the street all night.

Stayed here one night as a peninsula between couch-surfing. At £11 for a 12-dorm you don’t expect much, but there’s this real sad dinginess that pervades the place; the grubby concrete stairs that lead to a second ‘level’ on two floors, the way the shower spurts ungainly onto the glass, the sour staff serving breakfast, who deprived this wayfaring waif of a much-desired round of coffee before the breakfast session was even up, hurrying the cups and decency away simultaneously.

Me and my girlfriend lived for 2 days in a 4-bed ensuite (=with own bathroom) room which I can recommend as it has optimal "privacy/price" ratio. The beds, the bathroom and the room itself were "basic" (no luxury, small room, beside two wardrobes no additional equipment), but seemed clean and were okay in general. Breakfast was included - toasts with jam or butter and drinks ("all-you-can-eat" style) - nothing special, but totally okay. The location is perfect, but noisy at night.

Free wifi please and better breakfast

Next time id prefer to sleep on the street. The staff was nice though.

The bathroom is very small and in our room the roof had water leaking from the floor above. Very small military beds and no free wifi. Breakfast ordinary. Very but i won't go here again.

I had to be waiting to take a shower or get off to the shower in the down floor , just one toilet for 19 persons, breakfast very current

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Spain

My experience was quite mixed. What could have been better - elevator was broke - no payment by card - no free internet, instead needed to buy cards, but connection was too weak to use Skype - monotonous breakfast, some ham or bacon would have been nice - tiny private room Most of the staff was quite unfriendly and cold, except for the lovely Camilla at the front desk who did smile and seemed genuinely concerned with client satisfaction.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Stayed in a private room and it was okay, looked clean!

• 6th Sep 2014

Great location, staff are nice and available 24/7, rooms are cleaned every day, beds are quite comfortable. Bad sides are: no free Wi-Fi, you have to pay for storage

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Croatia

Standard breakfast which considering the price I paid was good enough. Have to pay for wifi which I thought was poor. Staff not the most helpful, not a very personal hostel. They're almost I've professional but overall good for the one night I stayed

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Fix the lift clean the communal area and sort out your staff! A lick of paint would go a long way! Take care of the place!

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Israel

I had read really bad reviews about this hostel so I had very low expectations. But I must say it was better than I thought. I slept on the 2nd floor (life out of service) with the room facing the busy street. Yes it is quite noisy in the morning but I used my earplugs so slept like a baby and I used an eyemask. The toilet and shower in the room was always clean and there is free soap. The cleaner cleaned the room once a day. There are lockers in the room but you have to pay for it.