The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

very good location near two tube stations, staff friendly, cleanliness could be better, but all in all we had a nice stay

Well located Concerning the hostel, the bedroom and the bathroom were a way too small, There was no storage unit so WE had to let our stuff in our luggages, not convenient at all it ne came rapidly messy as WE were four. Our bedroom was next to the staircase people were noisy impossible to sleep. asked the manager to do something, Nothing. Except the situation, nothing was good. Never coming back again

• 6th Feb 2015

The kitchen was nice and big, the breakfast was poor (1 sort of cereal, bread, jam, tea and coffie), you should pay for wi-fi and there was smth with our shower mixer: we could get only cold or hot water, but not simply warm.

WIFI very expensive : 1 pound/hour... Luggages too : it can be kepted for 2 pounds/luggage... Yes hot water is availabe, but randomly (burning or cold)... Breakfast for free but I don't call it "food"... The room are ok to sleep. I would have prefere shower and toilette outside the room, it's difficult to share a bathroom for 8 people. The staff is nice :)

• 30th Jan 2015

The fire alarm went off a couple of times during the night which was not very pleasant.

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Bulgaria

Matress were disastroysly thin and painful, shower were either ice cold or too hot. Plus Wi-Fi is available only if you pay for it, which is totally scandalous. I wil never ever come back to this hostel.

• 25th Jan 2015

The location is fantastc! most of the staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were warm, the breakfast was a bit basic, but all in all pretty good

• 24th Jan 2015

This a good place to stay its near from everything but there is no free wifi there are not so much people on holidays and ready to party is not that good if u like to meet people on vacacions to party

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Portugal

Staff are two faced , stab you in the back . Atmosphere aggressive , poor Management .

Cheap and chherful, I just needed a place to rest my head after travelling to a concert, it was fine for my wishes. Breakfast was basic (eggs, orange juice, toast and marmalade, tea) but welcome before venturing onto the streets of London in January!

Staff are helpful and very friendly.

After placing my clothes in the washing machine and realising it was not working properly I alerted staff who said it hadn't been working for the past 3 days. They were obviously too busy talking to each other and playing on their phones to be bothered to put out of order signs on the machines. So after my cloghes sat in water for 2 hours it took me a further 4 hours to dry them in the dryer. Destroying most of my clothes due to discoloured and shrinking in the dryer that was also not working.

Good location and price, however there is no wifi, you have to pay for it. The break fast is very simple.

• 1st Jan 2015

Excellent place to stay - even when your passed 50 years ;-)

I only spent 1 night here and have been happy with the bed and the room. I had a wonderful sleep in a 4bed ensuite. The only problem was noise in the corridor walking,talking, slamming doors etc. but that calmed down after 1pm. Breakfast was basic yet alright. The place is run down around the edges but all in all a good deal. I would come back.

The Hostel is okay if you don't want to do something else except sleep, shower and a cup of coffee or tea in the mornig. If you stay in a private room you get a nearly proper breakfest. The doorm guest get Toast and Jam. It's a cheap way to enjoy a short trip in London.

• 31st Dec 2014

We were in room 303, 8bedroom, which is very small, just enough space to put the beds in it. Whenever somebody is in the bathroom, a vent makes a lot of noise. The heater was on maximum so it was very hot in the room and we couldn't turn it off. A mecanic came and fixed it, but it didn't help. So we opened the window at night, but then sometimes there was a lot of noise. (don't know where it came from) Overal it wasn't bad, since the location was great, breakfast was available and it was cheap!

it was bad experience at Royal Bayswater Hotel,broken beds,broken toilet'no cleaning,electricity was shut down,,,aaahhh horrible stay

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Pakistan

Great location, nice staff, great value for money.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Poland

Shared a room with one tweeker and another guy who got kicked out of another room for refusing to shower for protracted periods. Room smelled so horrible that someone insisted on keeping the window open (in minus five temperature) all through the night and morning to air it out... and we kind of had to see his point. Bathroom completely vile - shower has black mold, which grew over the paste they tried to snuff it out with. Shower had only two modes, as some have mentioned: scalding; freezing.