The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

You get what you pay for in this hostel. It's very close to the city centre and right next to Hyde Park at a reasonable price. However, everything extra costs extra: wifi, to use the lockers or the bag storage. The breakfast is plainly toast /with strawberry jam) and cereal. On our last day, they change the locks without telling us and left the door open for anyone to go in. When we pointed this out to the staff they simply said "all the doors where open" as if that made it ok.

For the price it is not bad but I think it was dirty the bath and you have to pay for everythings... Wifi, adapter,luggage storage and is very expensive. Finally breakfast is very poor you just have a cold milk with coffee, slices of bread and orange juice. I only breakfast on first day because I didn´t like. I don´t recommend.

• 7th May 2014
  • Spain

The good thing is that there is a professional locker in the hostel reception, but you have to pay for it...

I really didn't like this hostel, the breakfast really poor and not good quality. For me was kind of far way from the sing areas, as london eye, but close to the subway (for me no better because just one way from teh subway is 4 pouds, really expencive!). NO FREE WIFI. But for a cheaper place to sleep in london is ok!

The staff that I first met when check in was very rude and he really change my mood from excellent to angry

• 3rd May 2014
  • Spain

There were NO lockers in the rooms (and I had 3 rooms total) contrary to what their homepage and flyer said. So you basically had to leave your suitcase unprotected in the room. There were only very few plug sockets in the rooms and no power source whatsoever in the bathroom. Most of the windows were broken and not closable, so it was cold and loud. The staff was more or less friendly and helpful. The location is really good, but still woulnd't go there again. bring a lock for your suitcase!

• 27th Apr 2014

Awful service experience with a receptionist. Morning shift people were much nicer and polite. Accomodation (bunks) as expected. Nothing spectacular but nothing wrong either. No free WiFi

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Estonia

Prepare to pay for everything individually (somewhere safe to keep your bags, pay for WiFi by the hour, etc). Also, this place is not ideal for a young traveler. I was greeted by two men that looked to be in their 40s, had to move empty beer cans and pizza boxes to finish making my bed, and was so grossed out by the whole place that I did not end up staying the night there, so I lost the money I spent on one night. It's in a good location but that's about the only positive thing I saw in it.

• 24th Apr 2014

beds were really bad- squeaky and had a big dent in the middle. only one bathroom in the rom to share with 12 people. staff were not very helpful at check in.

Appalling shabby neglected nightmare

Everything was perfect and the water was always warm to take a bath. I had very nice time in London. If I go again I will stay in the RoyalBayswater Hostel.

We were all very, very happy that a hostel like this exists in London: very cheap price, clean, basic and worn but sufficiently good and functioning facilities! And everything with a very nice location and close to buses and tube! I can only recommend this hostel!!!

The Wifi is NOT free, unlike mentioned on the website and the staff doesn't seem to know the concept of smiling. Otherwise it well centered in London and the room (or at least the 8 bed-dorms) are pretty clean. Noce breakfast in the morning, also.

The price of this hostel was very misleading. You have to pay (and not cheaply) for wifi, towels, a map, etc. We had several problems with our rooms, which is a first in the hostels that I have stayed at and although they were dealt with it was still annoying. Also, my friend bout wifi for an hour (because the hostel doesn't have free wifi-not even in their lobby) and it didn't work, and they would not refund her. The only positive thing I have to say is that it was in a great location .

• 17th Apr 2014

Wifi is expensive. Without assigned beds the cleanliness of beds is questionable. Only whole milk was offered for the complimentary breakfast which is quite gross.

• 16th Apr 2014

We have had a room for us, booking all the beds in the room. no problems what so ever, good atmosphere and nice staff members.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Romania

I arrived at the hostel and they put me in a place that there weren't a bed! So they changed me to a better place. There aren't lockers in the bedrooms.

Terrible!! Needs to clean, to improve your staff, your bads and add more facilities like internet free (it's very important for us and don't need to be so expensive) and luggage free too, for the price that we pay it should be include.

I spent one night before an earli flight. My roomate was snoring so I couldn't sleep so thankfully the staff was friendly and let me change room at 4am. I woke up to ants on the floor....... Not a pleasant experience. Ps: you have to put bedsheets on yourself and carry back to reception after use. Charging blood prices for the wifi

I have been in this hostel twice and I will go back again any time that I visit London. The location is perfect and the room are ensuite (they include the bathroom) so it's perfect for intimacy. The rooms were more or less clean and the bathroom too. The only negative aspect is that the breakfast is always the same (bread, butter and jam) so if you spend more than two nights, I recommend you to buy some additional food.