The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

This hostel was okay. It is close to bus stop and right next to Hyde Park. You have to pay for the wifi, and there were only 2 in the entire room for 8 people.

Good for short stays, the staff was friendly and the hostel was easy to find. Bed was comfortable, and the room was large enough for 20 people, with 2 bathrooms so things weren't too crowded. However it was noisy during the night (to be expected of a hostel, but woke me up a couple of times) and the continental "breakfast" was just toast and cereal, it was a huge disappointment, almost laughable. Still though, for just one night it was great value for money!

• 22nd Jun 2015

Enjoyed my staff. Would have appreciated a locker or somewhere to secure my bags while I was out during the day.

• 21st Jun 2015

1) The room was meant for 8 people but the second day, a bed of 2 people was added without any notice or apology. 2) The shower was broken : the water was either too cold or too hot --> impossible to properly shower.

• 19th Jun 2015

The location was great but there just weren't any lockers which is always super sketchy in a hostel. The free breakfast was decent: cereal. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. Not too many hostels in London are that great to begin with.

I was in a large room so it got a little hectic, the facilities are decent and the price was right. The one night I was there a bunch of loud ppl wouldn't stop talking at 4am (even after telling them). Anyway good to stay a few nights if you will explore the city but keep in mind WIFI isn't free.

This was a solidly okay place to stay. And for the price its probably worth staying. Our room was unfortunate as we had a group of young adults who were the most inconsiderate hostel users I have ever seen. They kept coming back to the room around 2 drunkenly singing and no matter what anyone said to get them to stop they didn't until they passed out. But not hostels fault, the hostel itself wasn't bad, not the cleanest or best services. But next to underground station and cheap.

Very good hostal and location, the personal isn't good at all and I think it could be better

For the price you pay, I think it's worth it. It's right next to Hyde Park, which means it's a long walk to get to London's main attractions, but luckily it's a minute away from the underground which makes it more convenient. You need to pay for wifi and luggage storage, though. Breakfast was just plain toast and jam/butter.

I only stayed for 2 nights in a 20 beds dorm and i would not recommend more. Good and cheap hostel as long as it is just to sleep. Very close to Queensway station (less than a minute walk).

I had a wonderful time and the company andfacilities were brilliant. Sorry though I can't syay with you again as your services will be unavailable after srptember possibly. No complaints.

This hostel is like a palace compared to the hostel I stayed at previously. There is carpet in the corridors and a lift that takes me all the way up to the fourth floor. The tv room is so big and spacious with a super big flat tv screen on the wall. The kitchen has all the utensils, plates and cups stored in the cupboards in the kitchen instead of having to ask at reception and place a deposit. Each dorm room has its own bathroom with toilet and shower. No going outside the room at night.

Good hostel in great location!

I came already many times in this hostel and i think it is the best in London

A good location, security wonderful, the atmosphere was like walking on eggshells as you had to take the others into consideration before turning on the light etc. The value was very good compared to other hostels and the facilities were adequate and a necessity.

If you want a hostel to just sleep in, this is a good choice. If you want service and/or make friends, not so much. Room: nice and quiet, with good shower. Breakfast: poor, but at least it existed. Location: good, near the tube and near the center. Also bus accessibility was good. Staff: unfriendly and unhelpful, also didn't answer emails.

They claim to provide breakfast but actually just cheap white bread for toast and coffee and tea.. Don't be fooled by low prices as they charge extra for EVERYTHING! And it's not that cheap either. I had to go to a Starbucks around the corner which had free wifi just to access maps and plan out my future plans. I also don't understand how a hostel could charge extra for lockers, this is a basic necessity when traveling. Rooms smelled like men's football locker room as well. Do NOT recommend!!!

There were no lockers the bin was full throughout the duration of my stat and you had to pul your luggage to the room up the stairs.

Nice hostel,pretty close to everything. No wifi, well except if you're willing to pay per an hour. Even tho we stayed in a room with 20beds both bathrooms were clean-all the time.

My first time there and i will only go there again if the other hostels are full,