The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

We booked 2 beds in a 4 bed room in advance. Once we arrived they told us, that someone did a mistake and now we had to sleep in a 8 bed room. This room was so packed with people, stinking and facing the main street that we could barely sleep that night. In both rooms and bathrooms that I slept in no hooks for clothes existed!

• 7th Jul 2014

Worse ever hostel I had stayed

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Very Pleasant and efficient ladies on the desk, comfortable beds and nice to have toilets en suit.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Location is great, Massive park right across the road to relax. Value for money is good, need to pay for wifi, average continental breakfast.

If you're going here, be sure to keep your valuables locked up in the security lockers by the front desk whenever you leave the room for long periods of time - my computer and phone got stolen from my hostel room when I left them charging for two hours. However, beyond that security thing, this is a good hostel for the price - the rooms and facilities are clean. Location right next to Hyde Park, though farther from the major tourist spots. Be careful of added charges for lockbox, computer area.

I like there, but don't have free wi-fi, you need to pay for that.

Nice room was just ruined with the people that were in them getting us up at 5 each morning. Kitchen was okay and had a working oven as well as hobos. Excellent location operate Hyde park and around the corner from a tube station.

No wifi :(

• 1st Jul 2014

I had BLOOD on my sheets!!! When I complained to reception the person said " I don't know if it's blood - I'm not a forensic scientist !!" Clearly they don't change the sheets between guests. It was disgusting. Really dirty place. Wifi sucked. DONT EVER STAY HERE!!!!

• 29th Jun 2014

I was really disappointed and I would not book this hostel again. It does not fulfill the expectations you get if you hear the name.

• 24th Jun 2014

Close to tube station, buses and loads of pubs, restaurants and shops. Really friendly staff. You have to make your own bed up so not great if you arrive in the middle of the night, however the beds are probably the comfiest I've ever slept in at a hostel, think they are all foam mattresses which means no springs sticking into you all night. Breakfast is included and there's plenty of space and a telly in the dinning room.

good for the money, Its were I stay when im in London - been at this place 3 times now. Close to underground (20m), small supermarket, bar mm. Right across the street is Hype park. I have only stay in privat rooms. Only positive things to say about that.

I saw some bad reviews for this hostel, but having tried it myself, it was fine. I liked how the rooms were all ensuite and showers were hot. I also met some other young backpackers who were more friendly than other hostels. The beds provide basic comfort for the price, and the breakfast is good with hot chocolate and squash provided, as well as tea and coffee. I would recommend this hostel as a temporary place for people to see London.

Coming in the lobby looked clean and orderly. The receptionist was grumpy and just handed us our keys. He mentioned we had breakfast but all details were brief. He told us out room numbers and which door to us. We get into our room and it's dark and smells odd. The bunkbeds were cramped into a room and not cleaned for new guests. We had to guess which beds were open. There was no working light and random trash lying on the ground. I woke up feeling unsafe and gross. We didn't eat breakfast.

• 20th Jun 2014

free wifi would make hostel better

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Lithuania

Quite good hostel. Less worn down than other hostels, and definately cleaner. Stayed in a 20-bed mixed dorm with 2 bathrooms, and didn't experience much queing + had plenty of hot water for showering. Staff was nice enough, and the price for using the wifi seemed fair; 1£/hour. Connection was exellent. Breakfast was toast, jam and cornflakes, no worse than what I've had in a London hotel. Generally I had a good experience. Lacks a cosy common room though.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

The staff behind the counter were rude and verbally aggressive, cockroaches were running around in the bathroom. Moldy showers and no lockers in the room

Location was good. Can walk to harrods/oxford st/hyde park (all around 30-45mins). Hostel very stuffy when its hot. Rooms quite small. Have to pay for wifi and can only be used downstairs in reception.

it was a very strategic place to stay in, very close to oxford street. There is a bus stop right outside the entrance of the hostel and the tube station is few meters away. The place is near Hyde Park as well. There are many cheap souvenir shops, cafes, restaurants, malls and supermarkets in the area. The hostel was quite good in almost all aspects except that the breakfast was poor and the shower was either very hot or very cold.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Palestine

Hellow, I just like to comment,maybe it is not everyone have the sam need to me the breakfast it is the most important to have in the morning,for exc. if you have the frest fruits ,yogurt,or etc.,and i would be pay for it extra for the cost,it'll make my staying even fantastic;-)).

• 8th Jun 2014