The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

The shower in the room had cold water for 2 days, toilet out of order. To go to a toilet during the night had to go to basement.

I had a great stay there. I booked a private room and it was fully equiped. The bathroom was cleaned on a daily basis as well as my room. The staff was very helpful even though my english was limited. I think the internet price (2 pounds for 1 and 1/2 hour) was fair.

• 3rd Nov 2013

It is a good place to stay in London at a good price

There's no Hot Water !!!!

Well, shower had cold water in the room, only cold water and no shower outide the rooms. Second night Room toilet out of order, not even cold shower and to go to a toilet, only in the basement, Lift´s not working to the first floor, not even when you carry a heavy suitcase. Only one micowave in the Kitchen. No free Wi Fi

They ask for 2 pounds luggage storage as it should be free with lots of stollen items in this hostel rooms .So actually you have to add in your mind another 2 pounds per day and do purchase the luggage storage otherwise u could remain with nothing.

Great location but you get what you pay for. Water in the shower was either barely warm or scalding hot. Lock on the door was barely holding the door shut. Impossible to meet anyone since there is no common room. You have to pay for the wifi, which, wouldn't bother me if it were decent but it was terrible. It is, however, right next to Queensway and across the street from Kensington Gardens. All in all, you get what you pay for.

Sunday morning, no hot water at all on level one. kitchen toilet blocked. People sleeping on beds without using sheets provided.

My stay of eight days in the hostel went very well, me and my girlfriend spent a memorable week in London, the staff was helpful, the room and the hostel generally clean, thanks to all of The Royal Bayswater Hostel who made my stay there pleasant! thank you for your attention. Kind regards Asen Mallinov

I booked this hostel because they had an elevator for my disabled friend only to get there and its out of order with no sign on the door informing us plus they put us on top floor involving 6 flights of stairs. I was appalled they should state on website if problems as I did check day before that had elevator.

• 30th Oct 2013

Really in the heart of London - excellent location. Very cold at night - broken windows, Other than that I would recommened it.

• 30th Oct 2013
  • Poland

It was an OK hostel, best thing is the location as it's 15 minutes walk to Oxford Street and it was good value really. On the downside the rooms a little bit dirty. Girls on the reception were nice.

staff and surroundings were absolutely very nice

• 28th Oct 2013
  • India

Spacious hostel in a central London, got most of the backpacking essentials: proper kitchen, large eating room. It's not a youth hostel, I was surprised to see some children, families and elderly people. The atmosphere was okay. WiFi was not free, which is a big let down I think. They have a number of desktop computers going for 2 pounds for 90 minutes I think it was. Staff consists largely of Eastern Europeans, some barely speak English and don't seem too concerned with hospitality...

Attitude of staff horrible. Esp the female counter staff-so rude. Our toilet light was spoilt but wasnt fixed during our stay. Breakfast was horrible as well.

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Singapore

is a very bad hostel!!!!!!

• 19th Oct 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the hostel for 4 nights, in a private room. The location was great and every moning we've got new towels and sheets, that was very nice. The room was clean and big. Only the shower was very very cold, and gave less water. Also de price of the room was quite high. Overall we enjoyed our stay and we would recommend the hostel to others.

• 17th Oct 2013

Good location and staff (although there was a bit of conflicting information on luggage holding)-I was in a single private -the room was clean however for a private room could have been done to higher standards (there was hair and dust on the floor of room and bathroom-also dusty around window sills). It's good value for money for an ensuite private however small things (like cleanliness) are easy to fix and increase customer satisfaction and peace of mind ten fold. TV in room is very nice touch

The place smells of weed when you get past the door leading to the stairs. Probably fine for a stopover of one night but not recommended for longer stays. Staff at reception are fine, however someone in my room reported a blocked toilet and staff came up at 2am with no consideration for people who are already asleep, turned the lights full on, and then left without attempting to fix the toilet or turning them off after a few minutes.

this is my third stay here and i find the place to be great value, centrally located and easy to find, this has all the basic requirements including lockers (£2 extra) in the rooms, clean bathrooms (size depends on which room you're allocated) and breakfast included (just the basics but it's included). The only reason for the low rating, I guess, is the dis-interested staff (but that depends on who you get). Would stay again if price doesn't increase.