The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

I havent enjoyed my stay. I have stayed in hostels before within the same price range, but this was terrible.The room was a mixed dorm for 6 people. There were 2lockers, completely broken and dents all over. In the middle of the night, security came because an Italian girl's iPhone got stolen. And this is the hostels fault, but in my room, there was an old man, snoring so hard I did not sleep until they put me in another room so I slept for 2hours. The staff is friendly and that's all.

If you're looking for a hostel with a reasonable price to spend one night, maybe this the place for you, but before to book your night with them be aware that the only thing included in the price is the breakfast in the following day. Internet, lockers, plug adaptors, etc... Everything is need to be paid a part.

#worsthostelever

Excellent staff *****

Some way of putting your name on the bed, showing that it is yours(in 20 bed rooms). And of course free WiFi is a must! :)

It was the worst hostel that I ever stay in the all world. The showers dosen't have hot water!!!!! The breakfast that is included is only coffee, te , toast and butter! The bedrooms are really dirty! And the beds are really noisy. The attention from the staff was really bad, every time that I tried to ask something they answer really bad. I would never stay in this hostel again! Is better to pay a little bit more than stay in this place!

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

First of all I must say that it s a good hostel for the money. It is as cheap as dirty. Not well located (1 hour and a half walking from center or 20 minutes by bus). The hostel is not clean, and there was too many people on my room. I accepted that thinking that they would clean better and more often. Breakfast is ok. Staff is not polite, and they barely speak English. Their attitude towards customers is not friendly. Given all these things, I must say that it s ok for the cheap price

worst hostel ever! Way too noisy as it was near a main road. /bed was very uncomfortable!

No handicapped accessible. Elevators never work. All rooms are upstair and kitchen downstairs. Bus stop just in front. Ypu have to pay for wifi for use computer for luggage room for towels

I`ve been here for several years now. I love this hotel, Central, cheap, nice staff, good Food, exelent service

The shower didn't work. When we reported it to reception the guy was less than interested. For this reason it ruined the stay. A few girls in the room tried to adjust the temperature but the shower was either freezing cold or melt your skin hot. Had no option but to leave

• 12th Mar 2014
  • South Africa

Dirty and poorly maintained. I woke up several times in the middle of the night due to the terrible smell and so much snoring. Won't stay here again.

too many additional costs, e.g. for towels, luggage storage, adapter for plugs...

• 2nd Mar 2014

The hostel is wonderfully located, and comfortable. We were in a shared dorm, so facilities were basic, and everything from safe storage to internet, was charged above the basic rate. Breakfast for shared rooms is also less generous, which means you actually need to go out and find more food. The staff was courteous and the hotel atmosphere quite good. There is not enough ventilation in the room we were in, and only one light bulb shared between the six guests! Its not conducive to reading.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Pakistan

The Location is very good! It is close to Oxford street, directly located at the Hyde Park and metro/bus stations are very close. Nevertheless, the hostel is not clean at all, we didn't even dare too try the breakfast and the room smells like the windows have never been open! All in all it is okay for a couple of nights if you are not demanding...

• 22nd Feb 2014

This hostel is awful. Staff were very rude and not helpful, breakfast is only toast and it was dirty. When I got to my room, there wasn't a bed open. I went downstairs to tell the woman at reception, she went upstairs and took the sheets and a pair of pants off a bed and told me to sleep on it. When I said I'm not sleeping in someone else's bed to have them kick me out when they get home, she have me attitude and left the room. I would rather sleep in my car.

It's the 5th time we come back to this hostel. We love it ! - D.G and J.N.

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

My power bank and charger was stolen in my room.Very smelly room,Very poor atmosphere,No wifi, no free towel,what you get is only a shower with very hot or very cold water.Bad facilities.The breakfast I only had for once cuz it's too bad to suffer from.I will never stay there again.London is a great city but this hostel is rubbish.

I stayed in a twin ensuite, very comfortable. The room needs a bit of refurbishment, there were some wet marks on the wall. Despite that I loved the place. :)

The showers could really need a check. They are not good at all. I stayed with 7 other girls and almost all of us agreed that the shower was really poor. Otherwise I have enjoyed the stay.

• 6th Feb 2014