The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

Good place to stay only in case of good location. All other things are bad - clearness, hospitality... Rooms are VERY small, you can't even seat on bed!

the hostel is located in a great area - near the Underground and very close to the central. the first night we get a horrible room but the reception was very friendly and helpful and let us change the room. the next room was much better. when you come to London and just visit the City and don't spend much time in the room I would defintly recommend this hostel. ist worth for the money, the area is great and the staff is really friendly and helpful.

• 10th Oct 2013

Worst place I ever stayed in my life dirty, bed bugs, terrible breakfast and the rudest staff ever. You have to pay for everything. Old people there and very young kids there running away.

This is not a hostel for travellers.. It's for homeless and junkies... Had some Heroin addicts in my room throwing up for 3 days straight and threw up alllll over the bathroom and it wasn't cleaned up for a whole day. Wifi isn't free and there is zero atmosphere! Even though it's cheap I wld never reconmend this hostel!

need reovation throughout

• 4th Oct 2013
  • Malaysia

Straight forward and a very pleasant place to stay! Will certainly be returning. Thank you.

In general the hostel is good, breakfast and anothers, but there is a problem.... wifii pay for use internet ???? is the first time I had to pay 1 pound per 1 hour, honestly speaking it was unfair, really, because internet is free around the world in all hostels, I disagree with this policy, it is necesary to change this.. but in another issues it was good, but internet in this century it is essentail, it is not possible to pay an additional charge, simple no??? thanks

There should be free access to wifi.

Great location. It's so central. I stayed in a single ensuite room. It was very clean. Breakfast for private rooms is good. There are two things I don't like though. First, the lift did not work, which made it so hard for me to carry my luggage to my room. Second, you could hear people walking on the floor and banging their doors so loudly at night. But in general, the place is much better than expected. I will definitely stay there again.

Bad but it's what you pay for

• 23rd Sep 2013

Cheap but also nice and clean and with a wonderful view on Hyde Park. Just two steps away from Queensway underground station.

• 23rd Sep 2013

Very bad.......

• 21st Sep 2013
  • Sweden

My room was clean,the breakfast is good and the location is perfect,very close to the underground and in the heart of London. The bad things about this hostel are that you have to pay for the luggage room and for the security box in the room,and they haven't free wi-fi

• 21st Sep 2013

Great location, hostel was clean, basic breakfast, just what to expect for a budget hostel in such a central location.

It's ok... It's clean and the position is excellent! However the breakfast is poor... but it's worth what I've paid for it!

• 20th Sep 2013

Close to tube, reasonably priced but absolutely no atmosphere. Staff not particularly friendly, type of place where you have to pay for absolutely ever little extra thing.

The staff were rude, they wouldn't refund my deposit for a room that was somehow already full. And then made out as if it was my fault, I was very disappointed...

It is good for the price but wierd that when I was there seven years ago the elevator was out of order... And also this time! Not fund for the people with 30kilos and to live on the 4th floor. Fix the elevator!!!

• 18th Sep 2013
  • Sweden

It didn't look like a hostel, but like a really bad hotel. The staff was no nice at all, they didn't make any question of making things easier for us and made we feel really unsafe, 'cause they didn't know who was staying in the hostel so anyone could get in. The atmosphere was not nice; there were people actually poorly living in the hostel and we had to pay for almost everything (luggage storage, wifi, adaptors). The location is pretty good, but I'm sure you can find something more worthwhile!

two main issues. firstly, if you're tall you might not want to stay here, the beds are quite small and i slept cramped every night. secondly due to the lack of or possibly lowered age limit for guests at the hostel, i was kept up all night multiple times by a large group of 15 year olds.