The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

The guy on the desk didn't know how to work the card machine and expected us to be able to whip out £400 from the cashpoint. Waited for an hour before they even checked us in. It's noisy, the beds are too small for fully grown adults, and we got eaten by insects of some kind. Stayed one night and cancelled the rest, had to suck up a cancellation fee, but I will never go back there ever again.

• 13th Jul 2014

Wi-fi should be free!! Nice common room and kitchen, helpfull staff, excellent location in front of hyde park

Wi-Fi should be free + no lockers at room.

Location is excellent! Very close to Central London. Good value for money. Other basic items are payable though like the Internet, towels and to keep your luggage (2 pounds per bag).

hostel is in a really good location. Free wifi would make the hostel even better. No real common area to meet other travelers, but you can meet some in the dorm room. good value for money, would prob stay there again next time I'm in London :)

This hostel is a good deal for what you pay for. Bed, warm shower, breakfast. It's not a luxury hotel so you shouldn't expect that. I came in with low expectations and was satisfied. It's right near Hyde Park and the bus stop so while it's a bit west of Piccadilly square, it's not hard to get anywhere.

We booked 2 beds in a 4 bed room in advance. Once we arrived they told us, that someone did a mistake and now we had to sleep in a 8 bed room. This room was so packed with people, stinking and facing the main street that we could barely sleep that night. In both rooms and bathrooms that I slept in no hooks for clothes existed!

• 7th Jul 2014

Worse ever hostel I had stayed

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Very Pleasant and efficient ladies on the desk, comfortable beds and nice to have toilets en suit.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Location is great, Massive park right across the road to relax. Value for money is good, need to pay for wifi, average continental breakfast.

superb location and standard for the price, ideal for events at Hyde Park and some nice pubs nearby too

If you're going here, be sure to keep your valuables locked up in the security lockers by the front desk whenever you leave the room for long periods of time - my computer and phone got stolen from my hostel room when I left them charging for two hours. However, beyond that security thing, this is a good hostel for the price - the rooms and facilities are clean. Location right next to Hyde Park, though farther from the major tourist spots. Be careful of added charges for lockbox, computer area.

I like there, but don't have free wi-fi, you need to pay for that.

Nice room was just ruined with the people that were in them getting us up at 5 each morning. Kitchen was okay and had a working oven as well as hobos. Excellent location operate Hyde park and around the corner from a tube station.

No wifi :(

• 1st Jul 2014

I had BLOOD on my sheets!!! When I complained to reception the person said " I don't know if it's blood - I'm not a forensic scientist !!" Clearly they don't change the sheets between guests. It was disgusting. Really dirty place. Wifi sucked. DONT EVER STAY HERE!!!!

• 29th Jun 2014

I was really disappointed and I would not book this hostel again. It does not fulfill the expectations you get if you hear the name.

• 24th Jun 2014

Close to tube station, buses and loads of pubs, restaurants and shops. Really friendly staff. You have to make your own bed up so not great if you arrive in the middle of the night, however the beds are probably the comfiest I've ever slept in at a hostel, think they are all foam mattresses which means no springs sticking into you all night. Breakfast is included and there's plenty of space and a telly in the dinning room.

good for the money, Its were I stay when im in London - been at this place 3 times now. Close to underground (20m), small supermarket, bar mm. Right across the street is Hype park. I have only stay in privat rooms. Only positive things to say about that.

I saw some bad reviews for this hostel, but having tried it myself, it was fine. I liked how the rooms were all ensuite and showers were hot. I also met some other young backpackers who were more friendly than other hostels. The beds provide basic comfort for the price, and the breakfast is good with hot chocolate and squash provided, as well as tea and coffee. I would recommend this hostel as a temporary place for people to see London.