The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

A hostel without wi-fi, make the things difficult :/ , and the staff don't like to help you in your tasks.

Totally lacking in service. One of my friends managed to send them an e-mail to inform them that she wasn't coming and they deemed it proper to cancel my booking as well. (Even though I sent them a confirmation as proper) What's more, even if I showed them the voucher they totally disregarded me and offered me to stay the night for 20 GBP per night! Needless to say I stayed one night and found another place to stay for the rest of my vacation. A serious turn-down for me and an absolute no no!

• 11th Dec 2013
  • Greece

The staff could be more polite and the Hostel didn't have free Wi-fi access so we had to pay 1pound for every hour. But the location is perfect, there is a bus station and an undergroud station right next to it.

• 5th Dec 2013
  • Greece

QUITE SURPRISED. My single room was not amazing but quite normal for a low budget hotel… nice large single bed with clean linen, clean toilet with towels and nice hot water shower, a small LCD and ever everything you need to make some tea. Nice breakfast (scrambled eggs, sausages, baked beans, cereals, milk, coffee, tea, fruit, juice, bread, jams and butter). Overall evaluation is good for the expectations I had. Not advised for conceited or preppy people. ;)

• 4th Dec 2013
  • Portugal

Stayed in a private room again - much better than first time, very clean and bright room, I was shocked at how big the room was! Room cleanliness was immaculate as was bathroom cleanliness in room.. Not much to say really , nice staff and good location, internet is not free but the room does have a TV! Luggage storage £2 a day :)

okay for the price but very, very basic!!!

Pretty poor facilities, staff and atmosphere. Really dingy.

still good

the room where i used to stay the Windows was boken it was very cold Inside la fenêtre de la chambre était cassé il à fait très froid breakfast are disgusting le petit déjeuner est pas très bon

• 15th Nov 2013

The attendents that work in the night, are more lazier and peevish

• 14th Nov 2013

Very average hostel. Within hours of arriving my boyfriends wallet was emptied. I also had my outlet and phone charger stolen out of the wall. The staff have no interest in helping you or going out of their way. The atmosphere is sketchy and no one trust anyone. Only benefit is the location. Lock up and hide your belongings while you shower, sleep and go out. Wouldnt recommend.

Good value . Quality as you would expect for price

• 9th Nov 2013

The locations is very good and the staff is ok, but it would be better if they charge for a good breakfast than offer a poor breakfast..

• 9th Nov 2013

I stayed in a mixed 8-bed room. The price that I paid was reasonable for a one night stay, but the condition was not. once you've check-in, you'll be greeted by very dusty staircase - and I am not exaggerating when I say very. The room is massively crowded. The only available space in the room was a space the size of a single bed in the middle of the 4 double-decker beds. The toilet is OKish, the only good thing about the room. But the light for the toilet shares the same switch as the main ligh

• Malaysia

Lockers in room didn't work so had to pay more to keep bags behind the desk

• 9th Nov 2013

I stayed in a private single room on the 3rd floor. The room was tiny but just what I needed. Breakfast was included which was a good bonus. This was the cheapest single private room I could find so I was a bit weerie. However, it turned out just fine, and I would stay again. Nothing special but I was out and about most of the time anyways. It was very close to the Queensway underground stop which was super convenient! My room was clean and I had no problems with security.

Evenr if just for one night, it s been a pleasure to spend it in your hostel because I just had all I needed for a comfortable fast visit in London! Thanks Rosa

• 8th Nov 2013

THE ROOM WAS RIDICULOUSLY SMALL FOR 4 PEOPLE. LOCKERS AND DOOR LOCK WAS BROKEN EVERY SECOND DAY. CARPET DUSTY. BREAKFAST SAD. ON THE OTHER HAND, THE LOCATION IS FANTASTIC, AND IT IS VERY EASY TO REACH EVERYWHERE BY BUS OR UNDERGROUND, AND THE STAFF WAS VERY KIND.

• 7th Nov 2013

I have stayed at several hostels in this area and the others all use triple bunk beds. This hostel uses double bunk beds in all the dormitories which are much better for those of us o6 foot tall.

The shower in the room had cold water for 2 days, toilet out of order. To go to a toilet during the night had to go to basement.