The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

I stayed ina room for 10 people. There was no other young people besides me and my friends. This hostel does not have a young vibe. The breakfast is very poor, only bread and butter. Nothing was tidy and new. You can see that there was no care for the place. Only one bathroom for 10 people, you can imagine how it gets after everyone baths. NO FREE WIFI, you have to pay for everything there. The place is dirty!!!

• 18th Jan 2014

The rooms were quite clean and rather big. We stayed in a 20 beds dorm and the guests were all very kind and quiet late at night. Unfortunately the showers were cold, but the bathrooms were quite clean. We enjoyed our stay.

• 16th Jan 2014

When we arrived at our room, it was very untidy, they give us numbers of our beds but it was impossible to find. The hotel charge for the internet one high price, it was really bad. The breakfast is terrible. This is the worst place that i have ever gone on my life,

We just spent one night there, but the shower was very bad, either boiling or freezing water, it looked dirty overall. Our bedroom was really small for 8 persons, the beds couldn't fit it properly, there was no almost no space for luggage. Breakfast was ok. But it is a cheap hostel, so for just one night it was acceptable.

• 1st Jan 2014

The breakfast was not a full British breakfast, on which I was hoping. but the food offered was good quality.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Belgium

I did not like this hotel. The rooms have a bathroom for 10 or more people, no free internet, you need to pay 1 pound per 15-minute internet.

This hostel was okay. We found most of the staff pretty cold and unfriendly (especially the manager). You have to pay 2pounds every 24hours to use the safe..even though most of the free lockers in the rooms are broken. Breakfast was average.

There is no free WiFi and the breakfast included only toast with marmalade

A hostel without wi-fi, make the things difficult :/ , and the staff don't like to help you in your tasks.

Totally lacking in service. One of my friends managed to send them an e-mail to inform them that she wasn't coming and they deemed it proper to cancel my booking as well. (Even though I sent them a confirmation as proper) What's more, even if I showed them the voucher they totally disregarded me and offered me to stay the night for 20 GBP per night! Needless to say I stayed one night and found another place to stay for the rest of my vacation. A serious turn-down for me and an absolute no no!

• 11th Dec 2013
  • Greece

The staff could be more polite and the Hostel didn't have free Wi-fi access so we had to pay 1pound for every hour. But the location is perfect, there is a bus station and an undergroud station right next to it.

• 5th Dec 2013
  • Greece

QUITE SURPRISED. My single room was not amazing but quite normal for a low budget hotel… nice large single bed with clean linen, clean toilet with towels and nice hot water shower, a small LCD and ever everything you need to make some tea. Nice breakfast (scrambled eggs, sausages, baked beans, cereals, milk, coffee, tea, fruit, juice, bread, jams and butter). Overall evaluation is good for the expectations I had. Not advised for conceited or preppy people. ;)

• 4th Dec 2013
  • Portugal

Stayed in a private room again - much better than first time, very clean and bright room, I was shocked at how big the room was! Room cleanliness was immaculate as was bathroom cleanliness in room.. Not much to say really , nice staff and good location, internet is not free but the room does have a TV! Luggage storage £2 a day :)

okay for the price but very, very basic!!!

Pretty poor facilities, staff and atmosphere. Really dingy.

still good

the room where i used to stay the Windows was boken it was very cold Inside la fenêtre de la chambre était cassé il à fait très froid breakfast are disgusting le petit déjeuner est pas très bon

• 15th Nov 2013

The attendents that work in the night, are more lazier and peevish

• 14th Nov 2013

Very average hostel. Within hours of arriving my boyfriends wallet was emptied. I also had my outlet and phone charger stolen out of the wall. The staff have no interest in helping you or going out of their way. The atmosphere is sketchy and no one trust anyone. Only benefit is the location. Lock up and hide your belongings while you shower, sleep and go out. Wouldnt recommend.

Good value . Quality as you would expect for price