The Royal Bayswater Hostel Reviews

121 Bayswater Road, London, England

The Wifi is NOT free, unlike mentioned on the website and the staff doesn't seem to know the concept of smiling. Otherwise it well centered in London and the room (or at least the 8 bed-dorms) are pretty clean. Noce breakfast in the morning, also.

The price of this hostel was very misleading. You have to pay (and not cheaply) for wifi, towels, a map, etc. We had several problems with our rooms, which is a first in the hostels that I have stayed at and although they were dealt with it was still annoying. Also, my friend bout wifi for an hour (because the hostel doesn't have free wifi-not even in their lobby) and it didn't work, and they would not refund her. The only positive thing I have to say is that it was in a great location .

• 17th Apr 2014

Wifi is expensive. Without assigned beds the cleanliness of beds is questionable. Only whole milk was offered for the complimentary breakfast which is quite gross.

• 16th Apr 2014

We have had a room for us, booking all the beds in the room. no problems what so ever, good atmosphere and nice staff members.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Romania

I arrived at the hostel and they put me in a place that there weren't a bed! So they changed me to a better place. There aren't lockers in the bedrooms.

Terrible!! Needs to clean, to improve your staff, your bads and add more facilities like internet free (it's very important for us and don't need to be so expensive) and luggage free too, for the price that we pay it should be include.

I spent one night before an earli flight. My roomate was snoring so I couldn't sleep so thankfully the staff was friendly and let me change room at 4am. I woke up to ants on the floor....... Not a pleasant experience. Ps: you have to put bedsheets on yourself and carry back to reception after use. Charging blood prices for the wifi

I have been in this hostel twice and I will go back again any time that I visit London. The location is perfect and the room are ensuite (they include the bathroom) so it's perfect for intimacy. The rooms were more or less clean and the bathroom too. The only negative aspect is that the breakfast is always the same (bread, butter and jam) so if you spend more than two nights, I recommend you to buy some additional food.

Nice hostel in a good location. The worst part was the kitchen and its utilities.

For these price it's hard to find sth better in zone 1. Conditions were quite poor: For example problems with light switch: to switch on the light in bathroom it was necessary to switch the light in all room. Quite uncomfortable for roommates ;/

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Poland

I think the location is great since is turely nearby the metro. however, the bed structure is not steady that it shake everytime when i turn ard my body or get off from bed. besides, the electronic plug is not enough for each person that it always occupied with the room mate. it make me need to seek the charging plug in open area even common room. Just a suggestion, hope the bed can be change and make sure all user can get their own electronic plug when i travel this hostel next time. thanks

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Very good location, simple but ok.

Was the worst place I have ever stayed in my life.

• 8th Apr 2014

Location was ok because it's next to an underground. Had no hot water in shower (it was always cold). A bit dirty. Some of the staff was unhelpful and didn't seem to care. But if you're looking for a cheap place to stay, it's decent enough.

Considering the size of the room, I can't really argue about the price or the quality. I enjoyed y stay and it provided me with a place to stay when I needed it.

• 7th Apr 2014

I didn't expect much from a cheap hostel which is located at a great location but this place surely need maintenance.

That Hostel is okay but you have to pay for the wifi, the lockers and not so less some staff members was not so nice and the bed was not solid.

You have to do something about the showers but that's really the only issue i'd complain about.

• 1st Apr 2014

A recepcionist was asked to order a taxi, but it did not come, so we missed a fly.

I havent enjoyed my stay. I have stayed in hostels before within the same price range, but this was terrible.The room was a mixed dorm for 6 people. There were 2lockers, completely broken and dents all over. In the middle of the night, security came because an Italian girl's iPhone got stolen. And this is the hostels fault, but in my room, there was an old man, snoring so hard I did not sleep until they put me in another room so I slept for 2hours. The staff is friendly and that's all.